Options for unwanted ascended armour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Last evening I had an ascended armour drop with stats I don’t want.

It cannot be salvaged, it is account bound so cannot sell it on the TP or even give it away.
I can vendor the chest for 3 silver or extract a piece and vendor that for 2 silver…

Any suggestions on what to do with it??

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Come on forums and complain that you got lucky, but not quite so lucky, and maybe if enough people raise a stink Anet will stop with this stupid time gated account bound armor and make all ascended stuff tradable!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

bri.2359

I do not consider that was a ‘lucky’ drop …
A lucky drop would be something useful, this wasn’t one of those …

Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Rarity doesn’t determine value. A hungry man would probably choose a full breakfast at IHOP over a Gordon Ramsay appetiser.

I know that feel though, OP, my ascended drop had Settler stats.

bri.2359

Rarity doesn’t determine value.

Indeed …

This drop was rampager, none of my toons use this stat. Plus, the this armour looks so terrible, it is not even useful as a skin.

The sad part is someone might want this, and I cannot even give it away,
This is so stupid …

Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I personally would hold on to it. One day they might decide to change the way ascended armor works perhaps in line with legendaries to avoid this specific issue you never know.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You should at least be able to salvage for T7 mats.

But as it is, just destroy it. Give Anet a message that this drop is so worthless and makes you so angry that you prefer to destroy it. (Anet seems only to listen to their metrics.)

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Why would you destroy it? If you have the space, then save it. Anet could definitely change things so hold on to it and one day you might be able to choose the stats.

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Why would you destroy it? If you have the space, then save it. Anet could definitely change things so hold on to it and one day you might be able to choose the stats.

This guy gets it.
/thread

elite specs ruined pvp.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

the ascended equipment chest box doesn’t stack, so overtime,it will be just like the fractal rings that you don’t use,which will pile up in your bank. Considering that the chest box drops quite often in scale 41+ daily bonus chest

anyways, most of the vocal minority has highlighted the issue of not being able to trade or salvage ascended rings since the early days of fotm.

Once all crafts can be lvl 500 and all the t7 mats is unlocked,hopefully they will introduce ascended equipment salvaging,trading or exchange.

bri.2359

I like Lord Kuru’s suggestion.
If indeed Anet is monitoring this, it will be worth sending the message …

Besides, I have no interest or use for ascended kit, apart from making shed loads of gold selling mats to players who are!

Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

delete it and make it a youtube video

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s even better!

For those who say to save it.. you’re playing into Anet’s hands — they’d just love it if you need more bank space (consider ascended fractal rings).

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

That’s why you just save it until you need the space. Have a hierarchy and get rid of what you don’t want first/can’t use first. Your first thought shouldn’t be “I need to buy more bank space” it should be “what can I get rid of”. Y’all are pack rats, but you don’t need to toss things willy-nilly either.
Save it until you need the space or you can change the stats.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

That’s why you just save it until you need the space. Have a hierarchy and get rid of what you don’t want first/can’t use first. Your first thought shouldn’t be “I need to buy more bank space” it should be “what can I get rid of”. Y’all are pack rats, but you don’t need to toss things willy-nilly either.
Save it until you need the space or you can change the stats.

This… would be ridiculous to toss this when there’s probably random tonics or garbage boosters clogging up part of your bank you can get rid of to stash this. And want it or not I’m sure at some point you’ll be able to make more use for it than some of the other junk that clogs everyone’s inventories… it doesn’t make sense to just throw it out.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’d destroy it in a heartbeat and never look back.

It’s worthless junk. Treat it as such.

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Just wait, before you know well get the typical, “With the new ascended extractor you can salvage your ascended items for a chance at getting T7 materials! Only 250 gems (while supplies last)”

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m sure at some point you’ll be able to make more use for it than some of the other junk that clogs everyone’s inventories

They have done nothing to make undesired Ascended rings desirable for over a year. What makes you think they’ll change their minds now?

IMO the protest value of destroying the gear is worth more than some future possibility that it may be of some value.

Disclaimer: I destroyed thousands of Bloodstone dust before they nerfed its droprate. So destroy at your own risk (Then again, perhaps my destroying the dust helped push Anet towards action on the dust issue.)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Meh, Rampager isn’t so bad and has uses. Far better than junky Apothocary, Cleric, Settler etc etc.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I’m sure at some point you’ll be able to make more use for it than some of the other junk that clogs everyone’s inventories

They have done nothing to make undesired Ascended rings desirable for over a year. What makes you think they’ll change their minds now?

IMO the protest value of destroying the gear is worth more than some future possibility that it may be of some value.

Disclaimer: I destroyed thousands of Bloodstone dust before they nerfed its droprate. So destroy at your own risk (Then again, perhaps my destroying the dust helped push Anet towards action on the dust issue.)

I’m not saying they’ll let em swap stats or whatever but witg things being nerfed and buffed if they ever truly wanted to introduce a new meta which most are begging for then other stat options will be more viable or if they make something down the line that makes use of rampager stats… they aren’t that bad of stats honestly… and no sense in keeping around junk like tonics and killstreak boosters and stuff like that when you have something that MAY be useful at some point… also rings are ridiculously abundant and can be acquired for free via relics or laurels.. unlike the armor. ’
Also out of curiosity what makes you think they’ll even pay attention to someone desteoying an item in game? There’s no protest value to any protest if no one sees it and I’m sure they don’t have some fat pimpled up nerd sitting staring at a screen 24 /7 waiting to see if some one throws a fit like a petulant child at christmas who didn’t get the proper colored iphone 5c and destroys it. They don’t care that much haha

(edited by Magnus Steelgrave.6580)

Lord Kuru.3685

Also out of curiosity what makes you think they’ll even pay attention to someone desteoying an item in game? There’s no protest value to any protest if no one sees it and I’m sure they don’t have some fat pimpled up nerd sitting staring at a screen 24 /7 waiting to see if some one throws a fit like a petulant child at christmas who didn’t get the proper colored iphone 5c and destroys it. They don’t care that much haha

There is NO WAY they’re not keeping stats like this because it tells them A LOT about how players play their game, about what items players value and what items they don’t.

In the end, stats like this tell them how to keep players in the game and how to make money in the gemstore. They would be complete fools to not keep this data and review it on a regular basis. Moreover, Anet absolutely loves metrics (whether they interpret them correctly is another question).

And no one is acting like a petulant child here. I’m calmly saying that I don’t value this particular drop and am destroying it so that it shows up in the stats. I do the same for Black Lion Chests and Aetherized key pieces.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just after vendor for 3 silver or let it collect dust some where…

You think someone, somewhere in all of Tyria would pay you more than 3s for it but there you go…

Perhaps they think ascended gear is rubbish too like the majority of players…just sayin…

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Besides, I have no interest or use for ascended kit, apart from making shed loads of gold selling mats to players who are!

Instead of deleting it,why not salvage it for experiment and share with us the result. We can even start betting what will be the salvaged mats.

I bet 1 Silver its 1 piece of gossamer scrap

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Instead of deleting it,why not salvage it for experiment and share with us the result. We can even start betting what will be the salvaged mats.

I bet 1 Silver its 1 piece of gossamer scrap

The OP said it can’t be salvaged. :/

Salvaging for chances of a bolt of damask or deldrimor ingot would be nice.

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Oops sorry, was half asleep when I posted that haha! I retract my statement, unstable event……..

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

One of my mates got a cleric drop and he’s a warrior. xD He wanted to give to me cause I’m a healer guardian and he couldn’t. Poor me. Poor him. Now it takes up a bank slot.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

A free piece of something that normal costs about 60 gold to craft? Even if you don’t want it, it’s still lucky.

Lord Kuru.3685

A free piece of something that normal costs about 60 gold to craft? Even if you don’t want it, it’s still lucky.

Would you consider yourself lucky if today you got winning lottery numbers … for last week’s drawing?

bri.2359

Lol! I like this idea!

For those suggesting to keep it in anticipation for some grand change on Anet’s part I see this ending in disappointment. The case with ascended rings is a fine example.

Regarding the rampager stats, yes they are not the worst, but they are not appropriate for any of my 3 lvl 80’s and no plans to change this.

Gandara Megaserver