Outfits

Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Data-miners over at reddit have discovered that a new Outfit will be available soon, most likely via the gem store. It is called the ‘Ceremonial Plated Outifit’, it looks like a heavy armour set but all professions will be able to wear it.

Outfits are extremely lazy.

Despite this, i was willing to let them slide, after-all most of the Outfits change you into something slightly comical, like dressing up for a costume party, the Mad King, the Witch, the Cook, they make sense…

…but introducing a Outfit that (in my personal opinion) would have been the most stunningly beautiful heavy armour set that this game has ever seen is incredibly unfair considering the lack of unique armour you release into this game.

Also take into consideration, i do not want to see elementalists and thiefs running around in a heavy armour set. This has serious negative implications.

If you have any respect for the GW2 community please, do not go through with selling this as a Outfit on the gem store.

I beg of you ArenaNet, do something worthwhile with your time and release ‘Ceremonial Plated’ heavy armour as a six piece set only wearable by heavy armour uses.

I know Outfits are the quick lazy way of making it appear like you are adding new customisation options to this game but the overwhelming majority of players despise them, and in reality they LIMIT our customisation options.

I don’t care if it takes you months to program this set to individual pieces, i don’t care if you have to design unique light and medium sets to sell along side the heavy one.

Please, this is a extremely radically dangerous path to go down. With major negative consequences to the game. Stop the Outfits, before it’s to late.

Edit: This what the Outfit looks like on a human male. As you can see there is more effort and detail in this one outfit then all the Ascended armours combined.

Attachments:

(edited by Arnath.2319)

Outfits

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

There’s some sort of dress that was data mined a while ago so my hope is that anet will then re release the three outfits (the dress, ceremonial and the ninja outfit) as fully functioning armour for their respective weight classes – I wouldn’t mind paying gems for that.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Outfits

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I guess this is the new trend… No more piece sets. No more mixNmatch.

Everyone looks the same, save a few dye swaps.

Go figure.

Devona’s Rest

Outfits

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

But what if I want fancy metal-looking armor outfit for my engineer? I don’t mind outfits personally so long as they vary in styles.

Outfits

Arnath.2319

But what if I want fancy metal-looking armor outfit for my engineer? I don’t mind outfits personally so long as they vary in styles.

You are an Engineer, it is completely illogical for you to be wearing extremely heavy clunky armour in combat.

If you want to wear heavy armour, re-roll a warrior or a guardian.

Outfits

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

You are an Engineer, it is completely illogical for you to be wearing extremely heavy clunky armour in combat.

It actually isn’t illogical if you think about it in a creative way. It’s just a point that outfits has its ups and downs.

Now if you want to be able to mix and match you could ask for a alternative version of the armor you can just disassemble for mix and matching and have an outfit version of said set (but not bundled together gotta make money somehow)

Outfits

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Funny, there is nothing inherent about being an engineer that screams, “Can’t wear heavy armor.” In at least one other game, Engineer is a heavy armor class.

Outfits

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

It’s been a long time since they’ve released an armor set, yet they’ve released several outfits. This better not be the death of armor. One of my favorite things about GW2 was the customization, if they take that away it isn’t GW2 anymore.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Outfits

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

My guardian looks like she is wearing light armor anyway ^^ just waiting for that katana skin…
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/100367/VXrfGCw_1_.jpg

Outfits

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

Engy WAS heavy armor in development phase

Outfits

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Dat mining is very unreliable they even said a number of times that they try a lot of things and what we see in the dat is the left over. There has been countless dat mining that have proven to be untrue for both skins and new effect. So how about we wait till its out and stop using this dat mining as truth of what going to happen and as a mean of rage.

So yes Please Stop Being Lazy and stop believing every .dat mining.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Outfits

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Someone has never seen how Sorrow’s Embrace “medium” and “light” armor looks.
You literally wear a coat made of metal, with shoulder pads made of metal which are three times as big as you.

Outfits

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Data-miners over at reddit have discovered that a new Outfit will be available soon, most likely via the gem store. It is called the ‘Ceremonial Plated Outifit’, it looks like a heavy armour set but all professions will be able to wear it.

Is there any doubt?

Go figure.

Yep. 99% of the people in this game seem to own only the Celestial and Abyss dyes.

Outfits

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Outfits are extremely lazy.

Unfortunately, ArenaNet is not that interested in innovation, creativity, and quality anymore. Now, it’s all about content that revolves around the gem store. They’ve completely lost the mission.

Outfits

Arnath.2319

It’s been a long time since they’ve released an armor set, yet they’ve released several outfits. This better not be the death of armor. One of my favorite things about GW2 was the customization, if they take that away it isn’t GW2 anymore.

Over on Reddit a new armour set has been datamined in it’s very early stages, there is no texture to it yet, just a basic grey outline for each race and gender. So it appears that they still plan to add full sets of armour to the game. That being said you are correct we are seeing less and less armours in the gem store and more and more Outfits in there place.

Outfits are horrible, if i want to mix match a chef hat with a pirate captain chest and witches legs and wear that around town and into battle i should be allowed too do just that!

I have added a screenshot of the ‘Ceremonial Plated Outfit’ to my original post so everyone can see how this is not the standard Outfit we usually see. This should clearly be a heavy armour set exclusive.

Outfits

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Outfits make me sad.

Outfits make my kitten sad.

Don’t make my kitten sad, ANet.

Outfits

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would like to use those shoulders and boots with human cultural T3.

Outfits

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

In Gw1 female elementalist’s armors were extremely sexy (short skirts, etc.) The obsidian armor (the “last” expensive armor you had to farm) was totally different and completely covered the body with studs, it didn’t looks a light armor, but that was extremely cool.

I don’t mind if light/medium armor players will wear that, and I don’t think it’ll ruins the game at all.
It’s not an outfit that ruins your game experience.

Outfits

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

“Outfits only” additions are lazy. For christs sake split em up into skins, pack em and sell em as alternative to the outfits, aka have TWO versions, a skin pack and a costume.
I sure see the appeal of costumes.. perfect for upleveling (where you switch armors constantly) and perfect if you like the outfit how it is and im not somebody who is against them for beeing arround cause hey they are a cheap way to stick to your apperance, no need for transmutation charges or anything really, they stick with you whatever you do and who likes em, all hail to you… but lets say i want the bloody prince facepaint or the cook boots or the assassin gloves then im boned. Whole set or gtfo, no way to customise my visuals (cept in colour and hiding gloves, shoulders and helmet)… gotta question the need for a wardrobe if that trend keeps up. And since we are at it.. the town clothes tonics.. wtf a-net. Split em into pieces and make em armor skins and dont come with " but they arent armor" or “cant mix weight classes” this excuse doesnt fly anymore. You dont care about clipping anyways.. leave that to the players and with the introduction of the “PvP Visual” thingy that comes with the next patch people who cant tell the classes (or weight classes) apart (what for sure can be an issue in pvp and wvw) and got serios issues with this can just go to options and make all char models the same what eliminates that issue. People could mix and match till the cows come home and all are happy. Yea.. went a bit off topic.. but might aswell since we are at it.

Outfits

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Wow, that is a seriously ugly outfit (IMO of course).

Outfits

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I have no problems with outfits in general, especially when leveling new toons. It means I don’t have to spend charges to constantly change my armor look instead of having it look piecemeal. I won’t be getting this one, but only because I don’t like the looks of it. FYI, that outfit appears in the wardrobe preview. There was no reason to data-mine it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Outfits

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

I like outfits when they do something with them they could not have done using armours.

For example the vale wraith outfit from gw1
#"¤% how i wish they released that one again

Outfits

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Maybe they did it in response of the “Can’t wear heavy armor on my light armor class” whining and now we’re whining about the solution.

Attachments:

Outfits

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I cannot wait to get this on my ranger. :d

Outfits

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

http://imgur.com/EAlzwLo – Human Female
http://imgur.com/vFNGMtl – Human Male

Thats another data mined outfit, that will hopefully come very soon, the so called “Raiment of the Lich”

For me an instant buy directly for my female Necromancer. Something like this is it, for what i was absolutely waitign for forever

Sadly, there hasn’t been found yet the versions for the other Races.

As comparison, thats the GW1 version of it
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

My personal guess/hope is, that the Raiment gets added this Month with Halloween 2014
Personally I would have nothing against it, if ANet would even add more Costume Stuff and such things from GW1 over to GW2 as visual improved versions

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Outfits

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Maybe they did it in response of the “Can’t wear heavy armor on my light armor class” whining and now we’re whining about the solution.

Who in their right might would think Outfits is a solution to anything except creativity and flexibility?

Outfits

Axelwarrior.9084

Who in their right might would think Outfits is a solution to anything except creativity and flexibility?

The armor type restriction is a creativity issue, so…

Outfits

Pandaman.4758

Er, the implication is that Outfits “solve” creativity and flexibility, as if creativity and flexibility were the problem.

Outfits

Axelwarrior.9084

Er, the implication is that Outfits “solve” creativity and flexibility, as if creativity and flexibility were the problem.

Er, what I’m saying is it was (for some people)

Outfits

Pandaman.4758

Er, what I’m saying is it was (for some people)

Er, I see what you mean.

Outfits

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

In Gw1 female elementalist’s armors were extremely sexy (short skirts, etc.) The obsidian armor (the “last” expensive armor you had to farm) was totally different and completely covered the body with studs, it didn’t looks a light armor, but that was extremely cool.

I don’t mind if light/medium armor players will wear that, and I don’t think it’ll ruins the game at all.
It’s not an outfit that ruins your game experience.

And some necromancer armors, like Elite Kurzick, didn’t look really like light armor. It was nice.

I don’t get the complaint that “you can’t distinguish others in PvP” especially with the new standardization they are implementing in a few weeks.

Outfits

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

…but introducing a Outfit that (in my personal opinion) would have been the most stunningly beautiful heavy armour set that this game has ever seen is incredibly unfair considering the lack of unique armour you release into this game..

In my opinion its totally ugly .. looks like a clown or yester ..

But yeah .. i also really want to see again some real armorsets that we can mix and
match instead of those outfits .. at least if they don’t give us back the old options
to mix and match outfits. But even then i think there is of course the problem that
you can’t mix them with other armorset since heavy, medium and light are different.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Outfits

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

just be glad they haven’t (yet) added the “Raiment of the Lich” GW1 set that was data-mined.
otherwise literally every female char would be wearing it!
the sexiest most bad-kitten look in the game.

imho outfits need to be broken into armour pieces like they were before wardrobe so we can utilize parts into our appearance.
plus it’d make anet a ton of money

Attachments:

Outfits

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I’ll buy it as long as it works with charr tails.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Outfits

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Btw.: somebody now has also datamined new “real” armor sets

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2dv4ev/update_armor_viewer_bonus_datamined_armor/

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Outfits

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

just be glad they haven’t (yet) added the “Raiment of the Lich” GW1 set that was data-mined.
otherwise literally every female char would be wearing it!
the sexiest most bad-kitten look in the game.

imho outfits need to be broken into armour pieces like they were before wardrobe so we can utilize parts into our appearance.
plus it’d make anet a ton of money

Big kitten , hooves, and more kittenty than sexy. Somewhere between EotN and when they started releasing costumes in GW1 they must have change designers because since then, I’ve barely found any armor/outfit to be something I really like. Most of the armor my characters are wearing aren’t something I really like, it’s just the less worse pieces I could find.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2dv4ev/update_armor_viewer_bonus_datamined_armor/

Huh, another female light skirt and another medium coat. It’s like their goal is to give a middle finger to all threads asking for something else than exactly that.

Outfits

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Those look awesome! I really hope those do indeed come out because it looks like those could be amazing for mixing/matching unlike the plethora of outfits they’ve been shoving into the gemstore.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Outfits

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Go figure.

I like the hat. I don’t like the rest of it. Welp…

Outfits

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’d love to have my old gatherer shorts, sleeveless hoodie and witch’s boots back. They didn’t make their healthy and appropriate list.

Glad to see not everyone is chiroptera -dropping crazy.

Outfits

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

This new wardrobe function means that, if I don’t want to be fugly as I am leveling, I have to use those kitten transmute charges.

Because of this I like outfits while leveling.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Outfits

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personally was looking forward to this one for my guardian, was buying gems for a while for when it was actually released. The puffy sleeves and that thing around the neck (looks to me like those cones they put on dogs to prevent them from scratching themselves) are deal breakers for me… if I could use the legs, pauldrons, boots and helmet with my current chest armor (or another one) it would have been a sure purchase for me… as it is, don’t think so.

And note that I’m not against outfits, one of my characters (Charr thief) uses the cook outfit as his regular look, and in that case I do understand why it’s an outfit and not armor, with several pieces mixing with each other… don’t really see why this was released as an outfit and not armor set, you can easily see where each piece starts and ends.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.