Outfits? No thanks.

Outfits? No thanks.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Oh my the new outfits in the gem store are really amazing for my mesmer. Even though, like everyone else, I don’t like to look like the others. I don’t like to use a full set of armor, I want to mix it up to create my own style. Why can’t you understand that – ANet – that we want some pieces of the outfits and mix them with out own stuff. Clipping Issues? No. It worked in my early days and it can still work now! If the clipping is too hard and ugly, ppl will simply not use the parts. But those outfits REALLY GRIND MY GEARS!

thx

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

i got the same feeling. the new outfit is obviously its a armor skin. anet make as outfit. cause they want money fast turn over. break down the skin will cost more labor..
they will just keep doing that.

armor mix and match age is end. the last armor skin on TP is a years ago.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Better than light armor getting all the good stuff. Unless they wanna start making some universal skinz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I honestly really feel like they’re not listening to us. There’s a major amount of people who dislike the outfits, yet all we’re getting is more of them, and no response on threads such as this.

I would like to see outfits implemented as armor pieces as well as outfits. I like being able to make a lowbie character look semi-decent in a full outfit without using a single transmutation charge, but I want to be able to use that Anise top with other skirts, as well as using it’s skirt with, say, the human t3 top. It’s killing me thinking about it without even being able to preview it!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Obviously people are voting with their wallets and not talking on the forums. if they didnt sell as much as or more than armors ANET wouldnt continue to make them.

Now the idea would be nice if they where unlocked as armor pieces, but they would have to armor pieces only for that weight. IE Balthazar would be a heavy set, The Crystal Nomads would be a medium, the Shadow Assassin Medium, Etc etc.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Outfits? No thanks.

Miss Lana.5276

Obviously people are voting with their wallets and not talking on the forums. if they didnt sell as much as or more than armors ANET wouldnt continue to make them.

Now the idea would be nice if they where unlocked as armor pieces, but they would have to armor pieces only for that weight. IE Balthazar would be a heavy set, The Crystal Nomads would be a medium, the Shadow Assassin Medium, Etc etc.

Why not do a similar thing to outfits that they did to the headpiece skins in the store? Buy once, unlock for all weights. Warriors are able to wear “light” outfit skins, etc, so why not go that extra step and make everything wearable by everyone (bar racial armor of course)? I’m only half joking here. This would be fantastic for those of us who like to mix and match.

I don’t know anything regarding coding, so idk how difficult it would be, so please forgive me if I’ve suggested something that would be ridiculously hard to implement.

So long Treeface.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

they won’t, at the end of day. only business.
as consider whole outfit wear if you don’t like you will spend another 700 gem to buy a new one.
but armor if you dont like the whole set, your will still have chance to mix and match to look good. in this case the chance to buy new set will getting less number.

so y not outfit

I honestly really feel like they’re not listening to us. There’s a major amount of people who dislike the outfits, yet all we’re getting is more of them, and no response on threads such as this.

I would like to see outfits implemented as armor pieces as well as outfits. I like being able to make a lowbie character look semi-decent in a full outfit without using a single transmutation charge, but I want to be able to use that Anise top with other skirts, as well as using it’s skirt with, say, the human t3 top. It’s killing me thinking about it without even being able to preview it!

Outfits? No thanks.

Miss Lana.5276

they won’t, at the end of day. only business.
as consider whole outfit wear if you don’t like you will spend another 700 gem to buy a new one.
but armor if you dont like the whole set, your will still have chance to mix and match to look good. in this case the chance to buy new set will getting less number.

so y not outfit

If one doesn’t like an outfit – which you can preview in either the hero panel or the gem store – then that person is most likely not going to buy it, let alone buy another one to replace the one that they didn’t like – so they didn’t buy – in the first place.

I’m not entirely sure what the point is that you’re trying to make here.

So long Treeface.

Outfits? No thanks.

Dante.1763

Why not do a similar thing to outfits that they did to the headpiece skins in the store? Buy once, unlock for all weights. Warriors are able to wear “light” outfit skins, etc, so why not go that extra step and make everything wearable by everyone (bar racial armor of course)? I’m only half joking here. This would be fantastic for those of us who like to mix and match.

I don’t know anything regarding coding, so idk how difficult it would be, so please forgive me if I’ve suggested something that would be ridiculously hard to implement.

It would, different weights have have different physics i do believe or something along those lines, the actual material they are made of acts differently. When they where converting the old town clothes its why the went with tonics instead of making them outfits(I dont agree with this on all of the old town clothes, some would have been great armor pieces, but they wanted them available to every class.) Some of the pieces just didnt work with certain armor weights. Its been awhile since ive read the post, and if i could remember where it was posted i would find it for you!

I do think outfits should not be able to be worn in PVP however as it does hide the armor class from being seen without clicking on that character.

Edit: i do still love the idea of having them unlock as an armor skin for the weight of material they would be if they where an armor. It lets mix and matchers mix and match as if they had bought the armor, its 100 gems cheaper than an armor set and would be amazing! (Edit #2. And i would use this so often!)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

I only use outfits on my characters. I HATE mix and match gear and want everyone to wear outfits. Obviously people don’t have the same views as me but you seem to think people complaining=99% of the community. Wrong.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I do think outfits should not be able to be worn in PVP however as it does hide the armor class from being seen without clicking on that character.

Come on, you can’t be serious, right?
I honestly never LOOK at an opponent, I click on them, more benefit, believe me as they will have you half downed if you take your time to figure out what armor they’re wearing.
And in pvp you can even have a look at your opponent team before the match even starts.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

because outfit is the easiest skin to get.. spend money only. of course you like it.
have you ever had arah armor? ascended armor?

I only use outfits on my characters. I HATE mix and match gear and want everyone to wear outfits. Obviously people don’t have the same views as me but you seem to think people complaining=99% of the community. Wrong.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Sigh… You really had to make another “outfits no thanks” thread?

Here’s what will happen:
- OP explains how they like the outfit(s) in the gemstore but would want to mix and match so they won’t buy it
- some people come to explain how they would NEVER buy an outfit because of principles
- others will explain how outfits are ok because you can wear them on any class, change without transmutation, etc.
- people will claim they’d pay thousands of gems just to be able to mix and match certain parts of a certain outfit
- they’ll come up with ideas how to solve the “problem”… release both outfit and armor set, give parts a toggle (show/hide), etc.
- the thread moves to the second page and is buried
- anet brings another nice-looking outfit…
repeat.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Fortunally you got nothing to say in the management then, also before i cant add my own touch to my armor and update its appearance and so have my end game id run naked. Ill never wear/buy one of these things no matter how good they may look… I however want my old townclothes system back cause there was atleast some personality in the looks.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

anet should make armour skin and outfit balance. this can make everyone happy.

Outfits? No thanks.

Basaltface.2786

Exactly. One time a skin pack for atleast 1 weight class and the next time an outfit… No objections.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe if the game had armor skin templates I would prefer armors. But once I get a look I like on each of my 9 level 80s, I don’t change it for a long time, maybe only after months have gone by. Since I know I like one combination best at any one time, then I don’t feel the need to switch much, particularly since it would costs T charges to switch to something I don’t like as well, just to switch for switchings sake because I got a bit bored with that look.

This means when I get a bit bored of my char’s look, outfits are a good compromise. I can switch to something I liked well enough to buy. My char will look completely different, even to the point of looking like it’s wearing a different armor class. It doesn’t cost me to switch. It’s like a template as it’s a coherent look already set up. And when I want to switch back I don’t have to remember the exact armor combinations for all 9 chars, what dyes I used and I don’t have to pay an additional 6 charges (again) to return to my old look.

So I like and buy outfits.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

Fortunally you got nothing to say in the management then, also before i cant add my own touch to my armor and update its appearance and so have my end game id run naked. Ill never wear/buy one of these things no matter how good they may look… I however want my old townclothes system back cause there was atleast some personality in the looks.

Which is your own opinion, which obviously is different to what Anets figures show through people buying outfits. You have over 1000 unique skins in the game yet you cannot be satisfied? I suggest you design your own armor skins with little to no clipping issues with any of the other skins, submit it to Anet so that it is on the same level as every other skin.

Your ideal mix and match will be completely different to what another person likes, look at the players skins today, most consist of arah, cof, lumi and cultural. Or the occasional hipster look.
You have so many choices but you demand more.

Exactly. One time a skin pack for atleast 1 weight class and the next time an outfit… No objections.

Yes because you dont already have more than 1000 unique skins. Yes balance. AHAH

(edited by Panites.6798)

Outfits? No thanks.

Basaltface.2786

Which is your own opinion, which obviously is different to what Anets figures show through people buying outfits. You have over 1000 unique skins in the game yet you cannot be satisfied? I suggest you design your own armor skins with little to no clipping issues with any of the other skins, submit it to Anet so that it is on the same level as every other skin.

Your ideal mix and match will be completely different to what another person likes, look at the players skins today, most consist of arah, cof, lumi and cultural. Or the occasional hipster look.

Yes i do and always will. The quality of the pieces added get better and better and there is nothing better then to see that one perfect new addition to my armor. Also beeing a charr player i usually get sub par quality… im used to that. With mix and match i can replace wrong looking parts with fitting ones or bring in a bit of cultural feel into a look. Also i can choose to wear no gloves or shoulders or helmet or use different colours on each part (like leather style shoulders to an iron plated chest piece like my ranger does). With outfits i cant.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

say this to me after you get arah amor and ascended amor.
mix and match armor need to spend time to work on each armor. if you haven’t try. i dont think you got the right to say that.

Yes because you dont already have more than 1000 unique skins. Yes balance. AHAH

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

I agree.

I see a place for outfits, as some looks would just not be possible if they had to splice up the model. However, all Anet releases now is Outfits.

The look of your character is a big part of end-game enjoyment for GW2.

I love working out my own look with the gear available, but I would also like some new stock every now and then.

Unfortuantely, Anet seem to follow a pattern of doing ‘what is easiest’ rather than ‘what is best for the game’

I dont see why we cant have both.

PS. I also hated the ‘gloves for 200 gems’ idea.

Please give us full sets that also give us the option to customise at our own discretion. PLEASE!!

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

mix and match armor need to spend time to work on each armor. if you haven’t try. i dont think you got the right to say that.

Arah armor is easy. It’s pretty much an easier to get Glorious Set.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

This just an exsample. arah is the hardest dungeon overall (not included Fotm)

If know the trick and have proper dps party. is it not hard.
but think about for boss fight, for skipping. it is the hardest dungeon for all.

Arah armor is easy. It’s pretty much an easier to get Glorious Set.

Outfits? No thanks.

serenke.4806

Arah is hard… ha ha ha. Best joke in ages.

Outfits? No thanks.

JUN YANG.4328

u dont read. is a hardest DUNGEON (not included Fotm)
or do you think other dungeon will be harder then arah?

i got over 10k token. i finish P3 in 15min with one of my friend. if you can bit my record then you can say easy.

Outfits? No thanks.

serenke.4806

i got over 10k token. i finish P3 in 15min with one of my friend. if you can bit my record then you can say easy.

No, i don’t think any dungeons are hard at this point. How “hard” a dungeon is depends on who you are doing it with.

And sorry but your 10k tokens don’t impress anyone, and i certainly don’t want to “bit” your time because i find the copious amounts of skipping in arah dumb and also because i don’t care.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Here’s what will happen:
- OP explains how they like the outfit(s) in the gemstore but would want to mix and match so they won’t buy it
- some people come to explain how they would NEVER buy an outfit because of principles
- others will explain how outfits are ok because you can wear them on any class, change without transmutation, etc.
- people will claim they’d pay thousands of gems just to be able to mix and match certain parts of a certain outfit
- they’ll come up with ideas how to solve the “problem”… release both outfit and armor set, give parts a toggle (show/hide), etc.
repeat.

ROFL! You sir, made me log in just to quote this, because it’s very accurate.

I’d like to add though that Anet is probably saving tons of armors for HoT. Outfits ask for less development time, so it’s easier for them to make those, right now, and earn money in return to help the production of HoT with which we will likely get tons of new gears.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Jinesis.3782

Jinesis.3782

Why don’t some people understand that there are people who love outfits.
Don’t you know what outfits mean? You can’t wear a panda outfit with chicken claws.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

People will always complain, just stop, it’s getting ridiculous. Outfits were quite normal in GW1 and no one complained (okay, there was no official forum who was full of complaints back then…)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Outfits? No thanks.

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits? No thanks.

Basaltface.2786

Don’t you know what outfits mean? You can’t wear a panda outfit with chicken claws.

Thats not the issue. Its that we get since a year almost ONLY outfits and the “anti outfit” crowd gets impatient cause they also want their shiny, new nice things. Imagine you and your brother or sister go shopping with mom and only she/he gets what he/she wants while you dont get something. Sure he/she deserves as much as you to have nice things but since a long time only he/she gets it… while you get nothing you want. Thats the issue and nothing else.

Outfits? No thanks.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thats not the issue. Its that we get since a year almost ONLY outfits and the “anti outfit” crowd gets impatient cause they also want their shiny, new nice things. Imagine you and your brother or sister go shopping with mom and only she/he gets what he/she wants while you dont get something. Sure he/she deserves as much as you to have nice things but since a long time only he/she gets it… while you get nothing you want. Thats the issue and nothing else.

How about the carapace/luminescent armor? The ambrite weapons? Hero/mistforged? Glorious/Glorious Heroes? None of those skins count?

Are y’all really demanding that ANet put the armor and weapon skins in the gemstore instead of in game?

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

There is a market for mix and match outfits, I too am put off by buying outfits because I personally don’t like them as a whole, I only really like bits of them and want to take boots or gloves or shoulders or any other single part that I like and mix it in with a unique outfit of my customising.

Anet could potentially make more income by coming to this market because people aren’t going to stop buying outfits if they make the individual parts wearable, the main outfit is wearable so yeah..

I think this gap in the market is something that Anet should take advantage of, but I’m not a designer or anything so I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement this.

People are also crying out for dyeable weapons, even if it’s a basic pallet of Red Green Blue options or something, it could potentially see even more income if they made it like the hair and makeover kits. Another part of the market that Anet is not seizing.

But this has been suggested so many times, it just falls on deaf ears…

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Anet’s not going to give you an item worth 800 gems for free.

There’s still at least twice as many armor sets per weight as there are total outfits.

Outfits? No thanks.

Miss Lana.5276

Talk about derailing a thread. This is not a thread about flashing your kitten. This is a thread about outfits. Please try to stay on topic.

Back to the actual topic you brought up, arah tokens can be very very easily made through PvP. So can ascended gear skins.

Also, on the topic of ascended and dungeon gear, what you fail to realise is that not everyone likes the same skins.

So long Treeface.

Outfits? No thanks.

Dante.1763

Anet’s not going to give you an item worth 800 gems for free.

Hey i just said it would be nice, i never said it would happen, because its obviously not!

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

I really like the outfits. For those who want to mix and match, we still have that option through tramsutations. Of which, I might add, they’ve done wonders on overhauling so that any previous gear you’ve ever owned can be added to the wardrobe without carrying thousands of individual pieces (Though, I’ll admit the 3:1 exchange rate on old transmute stones was a let down).

Outfits offer a different option. They’re full sets, giving you a specific look which can be toggled over any existing armor. It’s a great addition, and very easy to swap between transmuted gear and lovely looking outfits.

This way they appeal to everyone. Those who like to mix and match, and those who want a one-size-fits-all approach.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Why cant we use the skins of all armor types yet?

With outfits there really isnt any excuse why an Ele cannot use heavy armor skins, or a Warrior using light armor skins. Since with outfits that already happens anyway.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

800 gems for an armour set only to have to buy transmutation charges?

No thanks.

Outfits that you can freely switch between? Yes, please.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Outfits save me a lot of money because I refuse to buy them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i see both sides here, players want armor skins to mix but Anet wants outfits because it saves time.
you have to keep in mind that every time they release an armor skin they need to make one of each armor weight, an outfit can be used by every weight type.

i personally think they should make a mix, i like outfits because i don’t have to buy charges to change my armor all the time, it also makes it easier to have something good looking from the start.
so what i think is that we should be able to choose what parts of an outfit we want, each part is individually chosen so you can mix armor and outfit styles.
lich leggings with elegance collar and cultural chest piece, you can mix them all.

i want more armor skins but i also don’t want to pay for charges every single time i switch armor, this will lower the problem quite a bit.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Here’s what will happen:
repeat.

More evidence that we need a working search function on the forums.

You must be new here. Everyone is never happy no matter what ANet does or doesn’t do.

With outfits there really isnt any excuse why an Ele cannot use heavy armor skins, or a Warrior using light armor skins. Since with outfits that already happens anyway.

Already covered. They weren’t designed to mix and match.

Outfits? No thanks.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The different armor weights are incompatible so they can’t mix and match. One reason given as an example is that the seams are different between the weights. Since they can’t mix and match the only way to have, for example, an ele wear heavy armor is to completely redesign the wardrobe so that whole armor weights sets can be set to display. That is, you would have to take all the armor off the ele then toggle the wardrobe so that all the armor that shows switches to heavy armor. The ele would need to have a set of heavy armor in inventory to then wear and to apply any T charges to.

Same thing would need to happen for medium armor. Remove current armor. The whole display changes to medium and the ele has a medium armor set in inventory to switch to.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The Problem is that every character starts with an idea of what he/she should look like. Then you start filtering the wardrobe for fitting skins. Piece by piece a unique and well matched look is created. While the number of choices might seem huge, in reality there are only one or two skins that really fit what you have in mind for that character. Finding those pieces is a treasure-hunt in and of it’s own.

Of course you’ve looked at every possibility multiple times and the only piece missing for the perfect look is that one headpiece. It just fits the rest of the mix so well that you want it. You want to have that headpiece, no you must have that headpiece. It’s no longer a matter of wanting, you MUST have THAT headpiece. It suddenly became the centre of your creation like a big shiny diamond in a crown, the cash that gives a vault it’s meaning, the ocean that makes the ship necessary… It’s mandatory for you to have it!

But it’s part of an outfit, so you can’t have it.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Since people have been asking for this for a long time, there must be a reason why they still don’t offer both the outfit form of something and the same look in individual armor pieces. It seems to me like they would make more money if they took this approach to all the looks in their store, but I guess they don’t see it that way.

Outfits? No thanks.

Miss Lana.5276

This way they appeal to everyone. Those who like to mix and match, and those who want a one-size-fits-all approach.

They really don’t appeal to everyone, hence the massive fights. You can’t solve it with one incorrect blanket statement. Those who want to mix and match pieces of the outfit itself cannot, such as I have stated that I would be interested in doing above.

So long Treeface.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Well I’ve purchased 7 armour skins from the store and zero outfits.

If they continue with just outfits then I shall not be buying anymore.

Outfits are a waste of time as you can’t customise them, and changing the limited areas with colour doesn’t really achieve that.

Outfits? No thanks.

Dante.1763

Well I’ve purchased 7 armour skins from the store and zero outfits.

If they continue with just outfits then I shall not be buying anymore.

Outfits are a waste of time as you can’t customise them, and changing the limited areas with colour doesn’t really achieve that.

And there are players like me who are the opposite…i have bought 2? armors from the gem store…no 1 one armor and the other was a gift, and almost all the outfits. I do think they need more armors, but i can understand why they arent making them if they are selling more outfits than they ever did with armor. ANET is a business and to them, the gem store is all about the money.

Frankly id rather have outfits in the store and any new armor set added in like the Lumi and Carapace sets

Outfits? No thanks.

Miss Lana.5276

Frankly id rather have outfits in the store and any new armor set added in like the Lumi and Carapace sets

I agree with this. I’d love “prestige” armor skins to be unlocked via achievements, or via the new currencies.

So long Treeface.

Outfits? No thanks.

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

The issue is that armor is one of a few things: too ugly (like the armor available in the TP), too random to o tain for people without a thousand hours to play, too expensive (like a full set of dungeon armor), or simply non-existent. The issue isn’t that we want to have our cake and eat it, it’s that the general has run out of cool armor. Anet makes a killing off the Gem Store. Put real armor in there and they’ll make up the labor costs. If they can handle labor costs, they’re in the wrong business.