Outfits You Wanna See

Outfits You Wanna See

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’d like some futuristic, techno type style outift.

I wouldn’t more tech stuff, specifically heavy-duty industrial style stuff that’s less “foofy” than the aetherblade stuff. I’d be thrilled if i could make a whole set that matches the aesthetic of the Greatsaw + Molten Jetpack.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Aetrion.8295

Aetrion.8295

The main thing I want more of is light armor that looks practical. Most of it just looks like a fashion show, not like real armor. The NPC in town are wearing more convincing clothing for someone who spends all day fighting than any of the player sets.

Also how about a simple hood that isn’t pulled over one of your eyes for no reason? I don’t know what their art team was thinking with that one. If you wanted to cover up the mages eyes you could have at least gone full Palpatine and given us a hood that’s pulled deep over the entire face, why make one that just sort okittenwardly covers up one eye?!

Also, why is awkward – ly a censored word? (Also awkward itself isn’t) This forum feels like Jimmy Kimmel doing “unnecessary censorship”, just randomly bleeping perfectly normal English words so it looks like you’re swearing like a sailor from just writing normal things.

(edited by Aetrion.8295)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

The main thing I want more of is light armor that looks practical. Most of it just looks like a fashion show, not like real armor. The NPC in town are wearing more convincing clothing for someone who spends all day fighting than any of the player sets.

Also how about a simple hood that isn’t pulled over one of your eyes for no reason? I don’t know what their art team was thinking with that one. If you wanted to cover up the mages eyes you could have at least gone full Palpatine and given us a hood that’s pulled deep over the entire face, why make one that just sort okittenwardly covers up one eye?!

My assumption is they pull it down that far to hide the player being bald.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

- perhaps some 15th century clothing for humans? (with hosen for the guys and really long dresses with loads of folds and high waists for the girls).

What if the women want hosen too?

What I want is something with a proper landsknecht hat. A guildie of mine who is an amazing artist sketched this first meeting of her and my mains meeting, back in the forum RP days before we had beta weekends or knew exactly what our mains would look like or what garments would be available (her name is Mudora and you should all find and support her work! The sketch below is hers, she retains all rights). Just look at this hat …

Attachments:

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Aetrion.8295

Aetrion.8295

My assumption is they pull it down that far to hide the player being bald.

Doesn’t bother them that my character loses his beard whenever he puts his aquabreather on.

Besides, the hood sits perfectly fine on one side,it’s pulled over the eye on the other like the character is some kind of stupid hipster wearing his hat on an angle.

Speaking of underwater helmets, can we have a magical gem that creates an air bubble around the characters head for that?

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

something like Obsidian armor from gw1,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

the necro Obsidian armor looked to cool. it was fun making them because you had to clear a big part of FOW to even get to the guy to forge them for you. not to mention getting all the ecto and Obsidian shards ( they were a lot harder to come by in gw1 )

and more heavy armor that doesn’t have skirts for my female guard…lol

I’m going to be honest with you, if they add obi and its gemstore only people will lose their kitten hard. Now if it was added in game and was difficult(not super hard more akin to UW/FOW difficulty) to get people would be much happier.

The Sickest Guild NA

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

As much as i hate outfits…there.. a quote from a blogpost

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings. Her teams also designed the new transmutation system and helped work on the new wardrobe.”

So yea.. nice times are over for skin lovers.. outfits.. outfits everywhere… no nice things anymore if you wanna mix and match

Thanks, Basalt and Candy. That’s exactly the quote I was thinking of.

Here’s to hoping there are plenty of skin collections out there.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to a heavy-armor outfit that isn’t foofy like Ceremonial or try-hard like Balthazar. (Or WTHeck wingboob like Dwayna.) Certainly, Grenth’s is on the horizon, but I expect that to be clothy. Perhaps Kormir’s?

There have been at least 3 outfits since that post. 10 outfits since carapace, which by the way was the first armor added since December 2013 with the ascended armors, which was the first armor added in general. Bringing the total armors added to “in-game” rewards to 2 sets and outfits to something like 24 or 25.

Outfits need to take a little break, because armor sets have a lot of catch-up to do.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

As much as i hate outfits…there.. a quote from a blogpost

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings. Her teams also designed the new transmutation system and helped work on the new wardrobe.”

So yea.. nice times are over for skin lovers.. outfits.. outfits everywhere… no nice things anymore if you wanna mix and match

Thanks, Basalt and Candy. That’s exactly the quote I was thinking of.

Here’s to hoping there are plenty of skin collections out there.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to a heavy-armor outfit that isn’t foofy like Ceremonial or try-hard like Balthazar. (Or WTHeck wingboob like Dwayna.) Certainly, Grenth’s is on the horizon, but I expect that to be clothy. Perhaps Kormir’s?

There have been at least 3 outfits since that post. 10 outfits since carapace, which by the way was the first armor added since December 2013 with the ascended armors, which was the first armor added in general. Bringing the total armors added to “in-game” rewards to 2 sets and outfits to something like 24 or 25.

Outfits need to take a little break, because armor sets have a lot of catch-up to do.

Face it.. we wont get much nice things anymore. I dont even try to fight that outfit stuff anymore…its all in vain. This is what a-net wants for visual progression and either we suck it up or we gtfo… a-net doesnt care either way… else they would have introduced a new armor skin or skins months ago.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Zelfic.1594

Zelfic.1594

I would love a necromancer-appropiate outfit that doesn’t look as if it was scavenged from a random trashbin, or stolen from a children’s party magician. For example:

- Grenth’s Regalia Outfit:
http://i.imgur.com/66b9qd5.jpg

- Grenth Costume (GW1), as an outfit:
http://i.imgur.com/pcqnTdE.png

- And maybe an outfit based on Palawa Yoko’s concept art:
http://i.imgur.com/rWVZeKr.jpg

Also, since I only play (male) charr (and asura, but they don’t have this problem), I really hope that every future outfit is designed to be skin-tight. Just look at the Shadow Assassin outfit, the Crystal Nomad outfit or the Mad Scientist outfit; all of them have an air bubble or something like that around the belly and, even while using the skinniest model avaliable, they make you look as if you ate an entire watermelon in one bite.

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

I would love a necromancer-appropiate outfit that doesn’t look as if it was scavenged from a random trashbin, or stolen from a children’s party magician. For example:

- Grenth’s Regalia Outfit:
http://i.imgur.com/66b9qd5.jpg

- Grenth Costume (GW1), as an outfit:
http://i.imgur.com/pcqnTdE.png

- And maybe an outfit based on Palawa Yoko’s concept art:
http://i.imgur.com/rWVZeKr.jpg

Also, since I only play (male) charr (and asura, but they don’t have this problem), I really hope that every future outfit is designed to be skin-tight. Just look at the Shadow Assassin outfit, the Crystal Nomad outfit or the Mad Scientist outfit; all of them have an air bubble or something like that around the belly and, even while using the skinniest model avaliable, they make you look as if you ate an entire watermelon in one bite.

The outfits you mentioned are odd even on females. It’s ginormous and doesn’t look like they even really changed it much gender to gender. xD

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d love to see a take on this…

Attachments:

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

Screw outfits. I want more armor sets. I like mixing different armor sets to produce something unique and interesting.

Nothing is more boring than seeing tons of people running around wearing the exact same outfit and looking nearly identical to each other.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

Ugh i don’t wanna see anymore outfits, it’s such a lazy system, let those designers work for their money and create more cultural armor that doesn’t clip and brings some actual uniqueness to a fashion driven game :x

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

1k Luxon/Kurzick sets of all GW classes…

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

scarvesssssssssssssssssssss

Attachments:

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I want to see a suit of armor that makes players look like they are made of ice.

We have lots of fire themed armors…

and a bunch of winter coats…… but nothing that makes the player look like he is one with the cold.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

I dont wanna see new outfits anymore until they also release them as single armor pieces. Against uniforms!!! niahahahahaaaaa ^(°-°)^

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Melandru, and more tribal looking things!

Kima & Co

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Not trying to override one agenda for another but…

Give me my Town Clothes and other tonics as outfits!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I don’t like the Outfits system, but if I had to suggest something, how about some casual clothes since Outfits is built upon the festering remains of Town Clothes?

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I don’t like the Outfits system, but if I had to suggest something, how about some casual clothes since Outfits is built upon the festering remains of Town Clothes?

I’ve suggested something like this as well on other threads. They could be available right off the bat like a new player’s introduction to outfits. Also, to add a personal touch, they could have an emblem on them based on what you picked in character creation (ex. Human outfits with god emblem, Norn with spirits, etc.)

Another outfit I suggested is a “Guild Athletic Outfit.” Picture the outfit Faith wears in Mirror’s Edge and you’ll get what I’m going for. Plus it’ll have your guild’s emblem on the outfit if you’re in a guild. (It’ll be blank if you’re not in one.)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

But why some people still don’t like the Outfits system? It is more convenient and it goes to the full account, and you don’t need to buy transmutation charges for the each part of armor for all of your characters on your account.

Why? Take it from somebody who would (if he could, what he dont) destroy that system, put its remains in a woodchipper, set the darn chipper on fire together with what comes out of it, compress the ashes and shoot em to the moon and then blow up the moon just to be sure it stays dead.

-Outfits are locked down, you cant do anything but maybe hide the headpiece and colour 4 slots IF you are lucky.

- They completely remove any class identity.

- You cannot combine em with skins… or even other outfits for that matter to add personality to your armor.

-It took my town clothes away and i happened to love my town clothes very much…also since we are at it kitten the town cloth tonics too

-If you dont happen to like a part of that outfit (such as pauldrons or stuff) then go and screw yourself cause ya aint gonna be able to fix it.

-It turns you a storm trooper (look at the balth armor guys and tell me im wrong)

-Since the system is in place we dont got many skins for those who DO like to add personality to their chars and update their looks with fresh and new skins added to the wardrobe system that came at the time the outfit curse came too

- they said the outfit system allows em to do stuff that doesnt fit into any armor class…and yea do tell me how heavy armor outfits and stuff like the mad scientist does not fit any armor class… in fact if seperated like normal skins they just would be armor skins.

Well i give you the no transmutation charges… but not the account stuff cause also skin unlocks are accound wide. Before i use the outfit system id rather chop off my own hand to not be able to buy gems to even buy one outfit. So yea.. just say " they dont need your money they got mine" and call it a day.

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

outfits i wanna see !! xD

and a mix of picture nr2 and nr3 would be soo cool!

Attachments:

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

But why some people still don’t like the Outfits system?

Because we’re individuals with different tastes?

It is more convenient and it goes to the full account,

As do all the skins in the wardrobe.

and you don’t need to buy transmutation charges for the each part of armor for all of your characters on your account.

I have 133 transmutation charges, haven’t paid for a single one (map completion and PvP reward tracks).

Yes, you still can’t do mix of each part from the different outfits and a standard armor skins, but…

Why ask a question when you already have the answer?

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Jester/Harlequin please.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Simple, short hiltless tanto(s) for my thief/ele that when not in combat are placed horizontally behind the back at waist level. Like a ninja.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Jungle themed outfits? Like aztec outfits, complete with face and body paint? To match the Heart of Thorns map. We be tarzan and jane now. Maybe Mursaat outfit, complete with floating effect and golden wings?

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What I would like is outfits with brocade cloth or designs figured into the fabric, such as the Guild Wars 1 Aegis of Unity or the Guild Wars 2 Imperial outfit. And, is there any way to make the outfit iridescent?

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want to see more heavy armor plated looking outfits with some golden glow or dark glow here and there.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Why would we want to see more outfits? How about more actual mix and match armor that would be nice for a change.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hm.. Maybe a Quaggan suit.
Y’know, made from actual quaggans. The back would be lined with fins, and the gloves and boOOoots would be yawning quaggan faces, deadened, glassy eyes set in horror.

Or a Shiny Skritt outfit, with plenty of random, glittery sparklies. Not made of actual skritt. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

I would like to see this outfit again!

Attachments:

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

All of those ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NPC-only-armors-and-faces-compilation

I’d rather get the NPC armors as armors, but seeing that Arenanet doesn’t seem to want to give them to use anyway, at least they could make them outfits.

Outfits You Wanna See

HaxTester.9816

Chronomancer from GW1

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Hm.. Maybe a Quaggan suit.
Y’know, made from actual quaggans. The back would be lined with fins, and the gloves and boOOoots would be yawning quaggan faces, deadened, glassy eyes set in horror.

I like your style.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

All of those ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NPC-only-armors-and-faces-compilation

I’d rather get the NPC armors as armors, but seeing that Arenanet doesn’t seem to want to give them to use anyway, at least they could make them outfits.

I didn’t realize that thread existed! Thanks for the share! I would love to see these put into the game in a way we can wear them too! Especially the sylvari ^.^

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Probably too much asked for, but: A skirt that’s not puffy. Like the Viper skirt, but as light armor.

My single biggest wish, if I had one, would be bringing the mesmer FoW set to GW2. The way it looks like in GW1, not an inflated version like what they did to the poor monk dress.

Tarnished Coast

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

I just want more Sylvari themed outfits. Everyone should wear more flowers!

Outfits You Wanna See

Kimyrielle.3826

If they are Sylvari. :p

Tarnished Coast

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

Agree agree agree!!! \o/

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

If they are Sylvari. :p

You haven’t lived until you’ve seen a Female Charr in a baby blue colored Light Twilight Arbor armor skin.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I would love to see some more classic armor sets some GW1 return. I adore the monk outfit and primevil armor. Some more classic throw backs would be cool imo.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Outfits You Wanna See

Kimyrielle.3826

I would love to see some more classic armor sets some GW1 return. I adore the monk outfit and primevil armor. Some more classic throw backs would be cool imo.

I love the GW1 monk outfit. And hated what they did to it in GW2. They really shouldn’t mess with the designs when bringing them over. They are classic for a reason. :S

Tarnished Coast

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

Would love to see this: Archer from Fate/stay night. Would be great for cloth users.

Attachments:

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The rest of the human gods would be neat.

Partial to the Dragonguard, White Mantle and Shining Blade costumes from GW1.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Still waiting for swimsuits

…and

Someone brought it up before, since they’re going through the Human gods as inspiration, we could move on to other racial themes:

Charr Legion uniforms.
Asura College uniforms.
Norn shaman outfits. (I’d sell my baby for the Wolf outfit. Y’know, if I had one. And it wasn’t illegal to traffic humans for digital goods.)

And best of all, Headless Sylvari outft, just in time for Mordremoth.

The latter post I’d rather see implemented as racial armour sets instead of outfits, but those two summate what I’m looking for nicely.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

scarvesssssssssssssssssssss

YEEEEEEEES

Outfits You Wanna See

HaxTester.9816

I was looking at my wallpaper folder and saw this M:TG artwork. Can we have an “angelic” armor/outfit, similar to this artwork?

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I would love to run around with my asura wearing a matching onesie to my fuzzy hats <3

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Jan nD.9453

Jan nD.9453

I wish to see cantha-ish outfits… maybe kinda like Reiko or something

Attachments: