Outrage Incoming Tommorrow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I find it more amusing how slow ArenaNet is to change or fix broken stuff. That Mesmer Focus #4 skill has been broken for the entirety of the game and it’s take 3+ years to address after multiple requests to fix it. 3 stinkin’ years.

I loled at the PvP thing. A single PvE only thing being fixed doesn’t discount the fact that PvP dictates a good majority of the balance changes across all game modes. I have been a lonely voice in the wilderness crying out for skill splits for the entirety of the lifespan of this game. The game should have had skill splits for all game modes(PvE/WvW/sPvP)starting in August of 2012. There is no reason skills shouldn’t act differently in different modes. That way you can design skills based on the areas they are being used in and you don’t ever have to worry about the way they work there affecting how they work somewhere else. It’s still a shame this isn’t the case.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The outrage will be relative minor as elementalist players has had plenty of patches to endure that its not really worth the bother.

Once anet do figure out that the reason hybrid/condi never had a chance is because of the buffs warriors provide (about 20% of a party damage comes from banners alone), then the outrage will be beyond what anyone has yet seen. Guardians are also playing a very dangerous game with Lupi atm, and doing several hundred thousands of damage in the matter of a second has been called by a few players as OP. Neither player base has experienced the this kind of nerfs so I do not look forward to that day.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh yeah, now instead of boss’s dieing in 1 minute it might even take 2

Or still 1 minute, since people will use something else thats just as broken.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Wow, such blatant trolling. Good work Behellagh.

He gets a free pass from the mods.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Guardians are also playing a very dangerous game with Lupi atm, and doing several hundred thousands of damage in the matter of a second has been called by a few players as OP. Neither player base has experienced the this kind of nerfs so I do not look forward to that day.

guardian lupi trick is difficult situation to adress – because considering how the skill works its nearly impossible to nerf this single use of it without either rendering skill totally useless or removing it at all….

at least if you take approach of adjusting guradian skill. Maybe the boss is what should be readjusted in this case…. :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

twiddling her thumbs waiting for the patch notes

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

nearly impossible to nerf this single use of it without either rendering skill totally useless or removing it at all….

A nice wish but I would not put my money on it. Past experience for elementalists has shown that fixes are made permanently and without any regarding to keep the skill in use.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Anet just doesn’t like conjures, they don’t know how to gently swing the nerf hammer. Fiery greatsword got turned to dust and the ice bow will almost definitely go the same way.

Ice bow will still be used (by me anyway) for deep freeze, vulnerability, and the 4-skill for groups of enemies. Or maybe I will dust off my scepter and go back to being a might/fury bot.

I’m looking forward to not seeing pugs type “ice bow, ice bow, ice bow” in chat every time an ele is in party, as if it’s their holy savior is here come to beat the dungeon for them. One group was so starry eyed they said it didn’t matter where we stack for alpha as long as we have ice bow (seemingly they had no idea it has a cooldown and defiance is a thing).

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

Why has it not been updated already … it’s late afternoon in Europe right now, I thought I would be able to play around with the new skills today :(

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

How exactly is outrage incoming new in any way?
Release something someone is deeply offended, don’t release something and that deep offence arrives again.
Every single proff is hated with a passion by the game developer, that other one over there is the pet profession that the game developer will do anything for.
That thin line of reality is well back in the rear-view mirror of so many people.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Maybe they’ll make it instant-cast like the other shouts (hey, I can dream).

All shouts should be insta-cast skills. Last I checked, our characters don’t stutter. I mean, I can run through all “Shout” skills in both Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, and I have no delay in real life!!11!/?!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why has it not been updated already … it’s late afternoon in Europe right now, I thought I would be able to play around with the new skills today

Cause it’s only 810am Pacific, and I can’t blame them for not wanting to go into work any earlier than they have to.

Only another hour or so to wait, as long as there aren’t any complications.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Why has it not been updated already … it’s late afternoon in Europe right now, I thought I would be able to play around with the new skills today

If it releases at normal time, should be in a hour, well 50 minutes from now.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Thanks for the acronym help so I understand what I’m reading. Carry on.

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

I really like how there are still a million bugs with the Ranger class from the last balance patch and they’re gonna do another balance patch tomorrow.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I really like how there are still a million bugs with the Ranger class from the last balance patch and they’re gonna do another balance patch tomorrow.

different folks work on those/separate issues/priorities

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not trolling. Simply trying to establish a lightning rod where the inevitable complaints could go instead of the 30+ threads we normally get when a balance patch hits. Won’t catch all 30+ but it might draw in a few.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tichi.8641

Tichi.8641

Ok, now that we have the actual patch notes:

Why is it that most professions are getting things rebalanced/fixed and thief and warr only get a straight up buff?
I don’t mind using something else instead of icebow, i’ve been playing without it for a while, but i don’t like being punished for not maining warrior…
What is gathered from these patch notes: 1) Colin doesn’t like not being the single most important part of the group setup.
2) Colin decided to play with rifle this week…

I don’t like the direction of these patch notes at all…

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

I find it more amusing how slow ArenaNet is to change or fix broken stuff. That Mesmer Focus #4 skill has been broken for the entirety of the game and it’s take 3+ years to address after multiple requests to fix it. 3 stinkin’ years.

I loled at the PvP thing. A single PvE only thing being fixed doesn’t discount the fact that PvP dictates a good majority of the balance changes across all game modes. I have been a lonely voice in the wilderness crying out for skill splits for the entirety of the lifespan of this game. The game should have had skill splits for all game modes(PvE/WvW/sPvP)starting in August of 2012. There is no reason skills shouldn’t act differently in different modes. That way you can design skills based on the areas they are being used in and you don’t ever have to worry about the way they work there affecting how they work somewhere else. It’s still a shame this isn’t the case.

I agree, it simply is a better system of balance for an MMO. Some people simply don’t bother to play WvW or sPvP and some only ever get on for those modes and almost never play PvE. Having to nerf in a way that affects all modes when really it is only a problem in 1 is terrible for your average player.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

Ok, now that we have the actual patch notes:

Why is it that most professions are getting things rebalanced/fixed and thief and warr only get a straight up buff?
I don’t mind using something else instead of icebow, i’ve been playing without it for a while, but i don’t like being punished for not maining warrior…
What is gathered from these patch notes: 1) Colin doesn’t like not being the single most important part of the group setup.
2) Colin decided to play with rifle this week…

I don’t like the direction of these patch notes at all…

You do realize that a buff can rebalance things too? They nerfed pistols quite a bit with the trait overhaul, so getting a bit of the damage back is one way to give them back some playability.
Can’t talk about warriors cuz I don’t have one.

And both warrior/thief have a fix in their list. Granted, the others have more, but if there is nothing to fix or if those fixes need more time/can’t be included yet, why do you need there to be fixes in the notes?

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I for one like the look of this balance patch. I wish Anet made similarly logical decisions when they decided to turn engi turrets into wet paper and nerf their damage on top of that. I mean, they were kind of OP against newbies, but they didn’t need to get completely destroyed. That’s why I like this change to PU; it’s a reduction, rather than a nerf that completely ruins the build.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Not trolling. Simply trying to establish a lightning rod where the inevitable complaints could go instead of the 30+ threads we normally get when a balance patch hits. Won’t catch all 30+ but it might draw in a few.

No, you’re trolling. Your post was written in a condescending insulting manner aimed at degrading people who have a different opinion from you. Your post was put in place to cause controversy and discord.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

What does P4F mean?

Someone else said something about the ‘PU nerf not going far enough’. What’s PU?

P4F or F2P = Play for free or Free to play
PU or PUG = Pick up or Pick up group

PU is a super OP mesmer build and has nothing to do with pugs. When you get burst for 30k in 1s from stealth then congrats you were killed by a PU mesmer.

This balance patch seems like the first patch in quite some time that will actually restore some balance to the game. The IB nerf is amazing, ele and mesmer and being brought back down to earth with the rest of us mortals, and the lowest classes/builds are getting buffs to bring them up a bit.

I think we are actually moving towards balance for once.

I don’t think any PU mesmer has bursted for 30k from stealth before. Even on light armor full berserk heroes, at most (assuming you get the full combo off, with them being AFK and not using any skills/moving/dodging) you can probably take out is probably 3/4 HP.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I find it funny how IB being op in PvE didn’t bother ANet for 3 years and now that raids are coming ANet suddenly nerfs it.

My guess is that, thanks to raids being a thing, we’ll see some more balance patches for PvE in the future. How about nerfing wall of reflection next? Or making shadow refuge deal 1 point of damage in it’s area, so that it becomes impossible to stealth while surrounded by enemies? We could also replace the phalanx strength trait with something “more engaging”.

While this may sound exaggerated, those are very possible nerfs to bring those skills and traits in line with other skills and traits to promote build diversity.

Are you suggesting we have to actually do Lupi NORMALLY now by nerfing reflects?!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m outraged there’s no Fall Swimsuits in gem store today.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s only used in PvE where balance isn’t important.

IB is being adjusted because its damage has made it an outlier that has been trivializing content. That’s a type of balance that is important in PvE.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

(snip)

PU is a super OP mesmer build and has nothing to do with pugs. When you get burst for 30k in 1s from stealth then congrats you were killed by a PU mesmer.

I think we are actually moving towards balance for once.

I have played a PU mes for 2 years, and have never approached anywhere near 30k in 1s from stealth. I’ve been hit harder by thieves, but never, ever, have I received that much damage from a mesmer, let alone dealt that much.

Screenshot of your damage log, or it didn’t happen.