Over 7300 champ bags from SW opened - Results

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

7306 in total.
Thought i’d dump the info here so people know what to expect when farming SW for some time.
0 Precursors but a lot of named exotics.
I vendored greens and salvaged things that give silk. I did not sell t6 mats so that’s a big chunk of gold i didn’t make.
Aside from that the whole thing net me ~900g (not counting t6, as was said).

Kind regards, and if you’ll excuse me, i’m off buying a new mouse…

edit: coin drops avaraged out at 1s25c; a bag is worth around 15 silver.
edit2: forgot to add 1 ascended armor chest. I guess that confirms they do drops but the chance is abysmally low.

Attachments:

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Thanks for info.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

Thanks for the rigorous testing. I’ve first hand experienced those kind of numbers. Appreciate it.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I just found this the other day. I you are opening a lot of bags or using luck you can use a Windows setting. Called Mouse Keys, you can find it searching in your control panel. This is to help people who have issues using a mouse. If you turn this option on, the default left click is the + on the number pad. Move your mouse cursor over the item you want to use and spam the +.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

And yet, people are still running in circles in Frostgorge and Cursed Shore instead of doing stuff in the silverwastes.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Thanks for the data, the numbers are a bit off, but I wouldn’t expect perfection when opening 7,000 bags at once.

Equipment totals for all non collectible exotics, rares, and masterwork items should be 1:1 with number of champ bags opened.

Is your cloth total including the silk/gossamer salvaged from masterwork armor? Or only the cloth dropped from the champ bags themselves?

Did you happen to track the percentage of light, medium, and heavy armor drops? My smaller trials have shown a 10-12% weight bias in favor of the profession opening the bags.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I just found this the other day. I you are opening a lot of bags or using luck you can use a Windows setting. Called Mouse Keys, you can find it searching in your control panel. This is to help people who have issues using a mouse. If you turn this option on, the default left click is the + on the number pad. Move your mouse cursor over the item you want to use and spam the +.

This is great, my mouse thanks you.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Spent about 1 & 1/2 hours in silverwastes today & picked up three exotic items. Lot more lucrative than other area’s in the game.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

No precursors?

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

johnnymiller.5968

No precursors?

Are you really surprised?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

For some reason the 35 thousand bloodstone dust makes me laugh ><

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

7306 in total.

43 exotic weapons (I’m sure not all of them named…) out of 7306 champion bags. So the chance to get 1 exotic weapon out of 1 champion lootbag is about 0,6%. omg.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

No precursors?

For the broader playerbase, I guess not.

But it’s a decent sample size though… you just never know with the RNG in this game.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

johnnymiller.5968

No precursors?

But it’s a decent sample size though… you just never know with the RNG in this game.

I know. Looking at my own game play time of over 6k hours with numerous events, champs, world bosses etc, without ever one dropping.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Many Thanks!
This is great data!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

Those Bloodstonedust numbers….

Crovax.7854

7306 in total.

43 exotic weapons (I’m sure not all of them named…)

3 of them were not named. The rest consisted of mainly the named drops found on the wiki here and here.
Additionally I had 1 Magmaton and 1 Imryldyen but that’s about it for diversity.
(plus 0 Phoenix Reborn from the seed pouch loot table)

The armor drops were 2 of the Devonas set (strength runes) and one with a mercy rune.

No precursors?

On the plus side, it was more than enough to just buy the one I wanted but yes, having it dropped would ‘feel’ better. Kinda sad that the answer to many things in this game is: buy it off the TP.

Is your cloth total including the silk/gossamer salvaged from masterwork armor? Or only the cloth dropped from the champ bags themselves?

Did you happen to track the percentage of light, medium, and heavy armor drops? My smaller trials have shown a 10-12% weight bias in favor of the profession opening the bags.

The cloth total on the spreadsheet is without the salvaged cloth from greens. I did not track the spread between heavy medium and light but from what I’ve seen it appears to be pretty even though I can’t say whether there’s a slight bias towards one of them.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Anet seems so scared of dropped loot its insane. The result of more than 7k champ bags is pathetic to say the least.

Wanze.8410

Anet seems so scared of dropped loot its insane. The result of more than 7k champ bags is pathetic to say the least.

I dont see whats wrong with it, what did you expect?

I ma actually quite surprised at the average value of 15s he mentioned per bag. At the rate of champ bags dropping in SW, you can make a very decent profit per hour, considering you also get lots of bags of (rare) gear and other loot.

aspirine.6852

I ma actually quite surprised at the average value of 15s he mentioned per bag. At the rate of champ bags dropping in SW, you can make a very decent profit per hour, considering you also get lots of bags of (rare) gear and other loot.

What do I expect from an mmo game to drop? Well to take it’s predecessor you could actually get the best looking weapons to drop in the game…,omg yes without the insane path of crafting you could get all the weapons you wanted by doing exactly what you like. Kill stuff.

INstead of oh let me go to that node for the 10000th time, oh and chop some wood on the way.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

What do I expect from an mmo game to drop? Well to take it’s predecessor you could actually get the best looking weapons to drop in the game…,omg yes without the insane path of crafting you could get all the weapons you wanted by doing exactly what you like. Kill stuff.

INstead of oh let me go to that node for the 10000th time, oh and chop some wood on the way.

Farming nodes and ores has always been ineffective and a waste of time in this game, you can finish dungeon runs much faster and purchase the resources needed for your armour from the TP (no, never buy instantly).
The amount of g/hour you make buy gathering nodes/ores < the amount of g/hour you make by killing stuff in dungeons

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I think the problem is that the exotics aren’t sould/accountbound so that you can sell them on the trading post. If the droprate would be a bit higher, the items would loose their value considerably so that you could buy them for small amounts of gold. Nobody would farm those bags anymore.

A solution to that: add souldbound/accountbound drops to the loottable. You might get one exotic very very very rarely (and could sell it) or you might get an exotic very rarely (but only for you). I’d make them salvageable into ascended mats / t6 mats though.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Oh see, that’s your issue right there … you set your expectations to something that doesn’t match the games approach to how it rewards players with loot. It’s really unbelievable that after 2+ years, players still complain about how loot ’doesn’t drop’.

As for the data … I noticed a large inbalance between cloth, ore and leather. Must be intentional. That’s statistically significant.

Crovax.7854

As for the data … I noticed a large inbalance between cloth, ore and leather. Must be intentional. That’s statistically significant.

I think they lowered leather drops because it’s already quite useless aside from just vendoring it. No idea why ore drops more than silk though. Maybe just my luck :/

I think it’s important to note that t6 ore drops at around 2,5x the rate of gossamer. I think that’s intentional, since orichalcum is worth quite a bit and used in a lot of stuff, whereas gossamer is not that highly sought after.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

aspirine.6852

Oh see, that’s your issue right there … you set your expectations to something that doesn’t match the games approach to how it rewards players with loot. It’s really unbelievable that after 2+ years, players still complain about how loot ’doesn’t drop’.

It should match the game’s approach. The current way is working kitten, the old one was working perfectly. It’s called critisism, instead of going with the flow.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

….you actually did it?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

How many weeks did you farm for 7,3k champ bags? xD

Are you still alive?

This is not ment negatively, by the way, just… woah. You’ve got some backbone to do all of that for some in-game currency.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Crovax.7854

….you actually did it?

have fun spending hours of your life opening bags, documenting every single item as it comes out, clearing your inventory….

If you actually go through with this you will be a saint….

…but I highly doubt you make it through your first 4 stacks without giving up.

Heh, one of those rare time when OP actually delivers :P

Are you still alive?

Since SW has come out. 2k where from the initial amber farm, the rest was slowly accumulated over the last 2 months of casual play. Maybe 1-2 hours daily, without specifically looking for chests. I think it just looks a lot because I never opened any bags and decided to wait for a giant loot explosion as opposed to many players who just open a bag when they get one.
This amount can be easily gotten, even with low effort and little play time per day, just be persistent.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Wanze.8410

….you actually did it?

have fun spending hours of your life opening bags, documenting every single item as it comes out, clearing your inventory….

If you actually go through with this you will be a saint….

…but I highly doubt you make it through your first 4 stacks without giving up.

Heh, one of those rare time when OP actually delivers :P

Are you still alive?

Since SW has come out. 2k where from the initial amber farm, the rest was slowly accumulated over the last 2 months of casual play. Maybe 1-2 hours daily, without specifically looking for chests. I think it just looks a lot because I never opened any bags and decided to wait for a giant loot explosion as opposed to many players who just open a bag when they get one.
This amount can be easily gotten, even with low effort and little play time per day, just be persistent.

I think its a clever way to go about it. Especially, if you dont really need gold atm. You usually gain better data when opening in bulk. Personally, i propably would have opened the 2 thousand after the amber farm, then add new data every 1000 bags accumulated. I propably would have waited to sell my loot or open more bags afterwards after a couple of weeks of farming and watching the market.

Most of the items on the loottable have a surpressed value on the tp atm because most of the player population is farming them.
Compared to Halloween, Dry Top and Silverwastes, Wintersday seems to be quite low on t5/6 drops, unless they change rewards from last year quite a bit.
So i would have either waited until the end of the year to sell my loot or list at 30-50% higher value than lowest listing, assuming prices will go up again by that percentage until january.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Farming nodes and ores has always been ineffective and a waste of time in this game, you can finish dungeon runs much faster and purchase the resources needed for your armour from the TP (no, never buy instantly).
The amount of g/hour you make buy gathering nodes/ores < the amount of g/hour you make by killing stuff in dungeons

The more people that believe that, the better it is i think.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

…are you the Crovax of ultarare-pulverizing fame?!

and kitten that’s an impressive data set

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

The more people that believe that, the better it is i think.

Ooh, always nice to learn new things, and even a positive one this time

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

How long did it take ? to collect that ?

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..