Please Help Me

Please Help Me

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jigga.2607

Jigga.2607

i was suspended for “Inappropriate Name” while my character name is “Torry Hellheal” seems like i am being discriminated against in the game and i would like someone from ANET to please fix this.. I have 65hrs on my suspension for being wrongfully reported. my character name does not break any Naming Policies or Rules.. please help me

Please Help Me

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Try going through support.

(No comment otherwise)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Please Help Me

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Do not bring up religion in the game

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Please Help Me

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Your names does break TOS… ride it out and wait..

Please Help Me

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

i was suspended for “Inappropriate Name” while my character name is “Torry Hellheal” seems like i am being discriminated against in the game and i would like someone from ANET to please fix this.. I have 65hrs on my suspension for being wrongfully reported. my character name does not break any Naming Policies or Rules.. please help me

You will spend more than 65hrs trying to address what is clearly a religious refernce (Hell) violation – obviously someone you annoyed reported you.

That is all.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

i dont bring religion into the game. its just a name and i have seen many players with “hell” in their names.

Please Help Me

thisolderhead.5127

i dont bring religion into the game. its just a name and i have seen many players with “hell” in their names.

“Hell” is religious mate.

The others probably didn’t get reported directly – you either annoyed someone, or got a devout person on a bad day, etc.

Please try again.

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

how come i got no warning or even a chance to change my name? just auto suspend.

Please Help Me

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

You did get a warning when you signed up and agreed to the terms of service. By agreeing you indicated you accepted the policies of the game – including the naming conventions.

Please Help Me

thisolderhead.5127

how come i got no warning or even a chance to change my name? just auto suspend.

Looking at your account name I could wager a guess… or I could say that there is going to be a past warning against your account that we’re not hearing about…

But more likely you will find less warning and more insta-banning is going on to deal with smart little people who have been flaunting rules, you are officially a deterent – grats.

Please try again.

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

its not just hell tho. my toon is named Torry Hellheal and i seen players with MUCH worse in their names. i personally think someone is just out to get me. cuz my other toon got same thing last week and it was “Jigga Say So” which i know 110% doesnt break TOS

Please Help Me

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Not sure I understand the “religious” policy if it is indeed such… judging by the number of times the word “hell” is used in NPC conversations one would think ANet wouldn’t actually punish players for using that word in their names.

Also, “karma” is religious as well. And that’s all over the game.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Please Help Me

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

wow i can’t believe you got a ban for that.

that’s some kittening bullkitten.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Does this mean Hello is also not allowed? What about Hellenistic? How about words that contain hell within them but not at the beginning?

Bombshell?
kittenleshells? Oh my, to think even a sea mollusk might offend!
[edit: The word above is in an old and very familiar Nursery Rhyme!)

You may have to walk on eggshells around here, or you will get a cyber shellacking that is my opinion in a nutshell.

(And my guess is it is the account name and not the Hell name that got someone’s undies in a wad)

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

(edited by Nalora.7964)

Please Help Me

Posted by: Max.6743

Max.6743

Wow, that’s absolutely insane.

°?°

Please Help Me

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

That’s insane, and shows the state of the world these days, i guess we must tread on egg shells with everything we do here…

Ironic they talk about hell in church all the time, well they did last i attended..

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

Not sure I understand the “religious” policy if it is indeed such… judging by the number of times the word “hell” is used in NPC conversations one would think ANet wouldn’t actually punish players for using that word in their names.

Also, “karma” is religious as well. And that’s all over the game.

exactly, this is what i dont understand. and this is why i feel like its a bit discriminating towards me. if someone is out to get me i would really like for some kinda help to stop them

Please Help Me

thisolderhead.5127

It is discriminatory – it is so that if someone sooks (like OP found) ANet can be seen as to creating a non-discriminatory and friendly game…

It is all about who you offend and how much they cry (forums are about the same) – not about a good set of consistent “whitelist/blacklist” rules.

But long story short – it is HARD to get in trouble in GW2, very very hard believe me, keep that in mind when reading these “unfair treatment” posts.

Please try again.

Please Help Me

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

was with you right up to …… discriminated ….

Its anets game on their servers in their imaginary world, i they descide they dont like a name tough, its not discrimination its life

I wouldnt have banned you for hellheal but i would have given you the boot for jigga

Ulfar SOR

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

Jigga is not a bad in any way shape or form. if u look it up it is another way to say Swag. (a person, place,thing that is jiggy, fly, fresh)

Jay-z calls himself jigga for a reason.

Please Help Me

Posted by: RAIN.1238

RAIN.1238

If ANet is going to ban people because of an inappropriate character name, shouldn’t they decide that at the creation of the character? Rather than waiting until hundreds of hours and sometimes money have been put into the character to decide that the name is offensive? Seems the way it is now, that if I don’t like someone all I have to do is report their character names and say they offend me, which could lead to a possible ban on their account.

-HoD- [EVIL]
| Rainin Ash | Asher Nicole |

Please Help Me

thisolderhead.5127

Jigga is not a bad in any way shape or form. if u look it up it is another way to say Swag. (a person, place,thing that is jiggy, fly, fresh)

Jay-z calls himself jigga for a reason.

There is a non-english use of the same letters in the same order is actually quite different, and amusingly so in the context of naming one’s self that.

See – offense is in the eye of the beholder mate, I think you got screwed – but again you will spend more than 65hrs trying to fight it and possibly end up in a worse situation, dat swag?

Please try again.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Blitzzo.2817

Blitzzo.2817

even if someone found it offensive he should still be aloud a free character change not get a suspension.. always see characters with hell in the name, buddy played as Hellspawn for 2 years on an NCsoft game,

beyond ridiculous

Please Help Me

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

“Hell” can also be an induced state of mind, caused by yourself or other people. It can be something else. I wonder if someone would be banned for calling a toon a “Blue Footed Booby”.

The others probably didn’t get reported directly – you either annoyed someone, or got a devout person on a bad day, etc.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Direngrey.8376

Direngrey.8376

Sometimes people go on the internet and report every little thing they can, it gives them some type of weird pleasure, I won’t get into detail but some people are like that. It’s unfortunate. Especially this kind of MMO “hell” should not even be worth banning for. But think of it like this, CoF is technically “hell” but they named the boss Baelfire instead. “bael” and “hell” sound a like. Coincidence or not.

Sorry pal. I suggest going to the support and politely ask if they can overlook your suspension record and just give you a new name.

Please Help Me

thisolderhead.5127

“Hell” can also be an induced state of mind, caused by yourself or other people. It can be something else. I wonder if someone would be banned for calling a toon a “Blue Footed Booby”.

It can, and reporting based on it is weak, but again it comes down to what annoyed someone with the Report Button ready to go on the day.

I would guess it was more motivated by interaction than name based (like most reports) but we don’t hear that part.

Please try again.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Do not bring up religion in the game

“Hell” is religious mate..

Which religion? – Several have the concept and use the term to describe very different places, some don’t even have living followers left to offend, not to mention the term is used frequently enough that it’s entered the common language.

I frequently use the terms “god” and “hell”, even the very religion specific “Jesus” – usually in frustration even though I’m an atheist, and I’ve never been cautioned for blasphemy in GW2; the idea is ludicrous

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Please Help Me

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

its not just hell tho. my toon is named Torry Hellheal and i seen players with MUCH worse in their names. i personally think someone is just out to get me. cuz my other toon got same thing last week and it was “Jigga Say So” which i know 110% doesnt break TOS

My guess is its because the first 3 letters of your name is an old racial slur. (Try googling it) Not really used anymore, but there it is.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

on my german server there are guilds with the acronyms BDSM (even though their eniter name is not inappropriate) and BOOB (Eir’s Awesome Boobage). not sure about the latter, but BDSM is still around, even though i always report them whenever i see one of their guild members. i’ve also seen (and reported) way worse names than just containing “hell”. looks like you can pretty much use any kind of inappropriate name you want as long as you’re playing on a german server and use english names.

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

My guess is its because the first 3 letters of your name is an old racial slur. (Try googling it) Not really used anymore, but there it is.

that was in the early 80’s and has been redefined by society into a positive term. it now has the same definition as swag

Please Help Me

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

Just wow that is bad you should not be banned for that

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Please Help Me

RAIN.1238

first 3 as in jig? Which is a form of lively folk dance.

-HoD- [EVIL]

Please Help Me

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jig

Please Help Me

RAIN.1238

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jig

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jig

-HoD- [EVIL]

Please Help Me

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Do you get banned for an innappropriate name without being given an option to modify/change your name? Seems a bit extreme.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Do you get banned for an innappropriate name without being given an option to modify/change your name? Seems a bit extreme.

The people I’ve known who had inappropriate names only had to change their name. Not sure what’s going on with the OP.

Please Help Me

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

wow, i lost my faith in Anet in this post. I never though they would go this low. please let us know if you don’t get the bann lifted.

• first. “Torry Hellheal” , you got banned for that? srsly? if you get offended by that name you should unplug the internet, because you obviusly won’t be able to handle any part of it

You took the words right out of my mouth. Agreed 100%.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

yea i was in LA and it just kicked me from game and said inappropriate name.. 72hr suspend

Please Help Me

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

yea i was in LA and it just kicked me from game and said inappropriate name.. 72hr suspend

wow, just wow. either Anet suspension system only count the amount of reports and not actually looking into it or someone at the office had a really bad day and was being kitten for some reason.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hell's_Precipice
“During the battle to the square

Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Ebonhawke, fall? The hell it will. The hell it will, while I’m here." – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Fragile_Peace

I feel like there is more to this story about the name problem.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Please Help Me

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hell is a city on Grand Cayman Island. I don’t think that name deserves a ban either. That said, the word discrimination is being used inappropriately here. Being badly treated doesn’t necessarily equal discrimination.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

there really isnt much more to this story. in Darkhaven i do mostly just WvW and i try to help everyone out and i dont feed haters and dont talk junk to anyone. thats what im confused about and upset about from this suspension

(edited by Jigga.2607)

Please Help Me

Posted by: DocTril.8796

DocTril.8796

That’s pretty messed up… Send a ticket to Support, perhaps they can clear all of this up.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

there really isnt much more to this story. in Darkhaven i do mostly just WvW and i try to help everyone out and i feed haters and dont talk junk to anyone. thats what im confused about and upset about from this suspension

I edited my post. But I’m not on either side, just saying it seems weird you would get banned for a word in a name that is used in the actual game itself. I think it’s also in GW2, but can’t remember where.

But to respond to your thread directly, these posts are actually also against the rules as they debate an action taken by CS against your personal account. With that being said, I would recommend either appealing the decision to remove infraction points, or simply waiting it out.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

i think that someone of maybe more than one person in Darkhaven is just out to get me. thats what it feels like and seems like.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

i think that someone of maybe more than one person in Darkhaven is just out to get me. thats what it feels like and seems like.

Well I guess that’s possible, but if someone complains about a name that breaks the TOS that’s how Anet handles it. Send a ticket to support, and explain the name was never meant to be offensive and I bet they reinstate the account and let you change it.

Please Help Me

Jigga.2607

i already did submit a ticket and explained everything to them. but i havent got a response at all. this was about 9hours ago.

Please Help Me

Astral Projections.7320

It’s an old racial slur. Try googling jig, racial slur

that was in the early 80’s and has been redefined by society into a positive term. it now has the same definition as swag

Obviously someone remembered and was offended. I have to admit, I had to stop and think about it. On the other hand, I have never heard of the new definition. And the 1980s is not that long ago for a lot of us.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Please Help Me

Astral Projections.7320

You would have to be very sensitive to be offended by Jigga. There are a lot of innocent words that have a random arrangement of letters inside them that spell out something. I guess the people who decide these things prefer to err on the side of caution but is does seem to be taking things a bit far.

Please Help Me

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Would be awesome if a red came in here and told us all the real reason for the suspension.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.