in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

pls make it trade after 800 fractals still dont have GS

PLS make fractal skin trade on tp

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

That sounds like good news. Fractal GS is ugly. Sword, on the other hand…

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Would defeat the purpose of them though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Hey guys I have this crazy idea. What if there was some sort of…. box that the fractal weapons dropped in, where you got to pick which weapon you actually wanted. Just thinking out loud here. :P

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I didn’t get my first fractal skin until around the 300 mark. And even then it was a torch.

Do not agree they should be on TP, but I do agree with guardian and having it be a box that you can pick your weapon skin from.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Just make them purchasable with the pristine relics. This would please a large portion of people and only a few would get angry cause they grinded out fractals all day and night for the skins.

Once you get ascended gear. The pristine relics serve no purpose other than to be double clicked for 15 regular tokens. Unless you made mawdrey but othrr than that no purpose at all.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Please never do what the OP suggests. It would defeat the entire purpose of the skins.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I liked someone’s Idea from the other day. Ring collection. Gather all the ascended rings and you can pick a fractal weapon skin. Could even go one further and give a second “infused” collection where you could choose a second.

At the very least it’d give you an option that isn’t 100% RNG based to get that skin you really want. Though it’d either be really costly or just as RNG based with drops from the fractals.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I like the idea of farming all fractal skins for next 10 years.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Hey guys I have this crazy idea. What if there was some sort of…. box that the fractal weapons dropped in, where you got to pick which weapon you actually wanted. Just thinking out loud here. :P

But this box you speak of might be put in a very high level of Fractal… Say… 51+.

Oh and just in case people think that might be too easy to achieve, they might reset people’s fractal levels to Really make them earn it.

Never forget.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

No thanks. If you want to have fractal skins you have to do fractals. It’s nice to have skins we have to play for. The whole reason Fractal skins have the allure they have is because you can’t buy them and they are cool skins. Take one of those things away and you ruin the whole point of them.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Draknar.5748

No thanks. If you want to have fractal skins you have to do fractals. It’s nice to have skins we have to play for. The whole reason Fractal skins have the allure they have is because you can’t buy them and they are cool skins. Take one of those things away and you ruin the whole point of them.

At the very least, perhaps when you finish the fractal frequenter achievement (500 fractals I wanna say?) you get to choose a skin.

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

pls no, one of the few things without p2w taint on them

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Please, no. So much no. Fractal skins are one of the few skins you can’t just buy. They represent time investment and accomplishment in PvE. I don’t have any fractal skins that I can actually use, but when I get a rifle or a dagger I’ll be ecstatic.

This idea I like though! There are so many people (myself included) who have had fractal skins drop…but it’s a weapon they never use. I don’t have a problem with them being difficult to obtain, or even gated behind RNG. Even just a few options per drop would improve the system tenfold.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Even though there’s some skins I’d really like to have, I still don’t agree they should be tradeable.

They’re exclusive content skins, they’re not handouts like some others. And they look better than most so if you want ’em gotta do the content like everyone else who got theirs.

At just ~170 or so fractals 2 days ago, I randomly got my first skin a fractal shortbow. I wasn’t too hyped about it, but I wasn’t upset either because I definitely don’t ever plan on making The Dreamer or Kudzu.

Right now I’m working towards my backpeice and if I get random dropped skins or nice infused rings, then it’s a solid bonus. Rather than being bored of the necessary grind
(if you want the skins) – think of it more as a long term goal and if you don’t expect much, getting what you don’t expect to turns out to be a nice surprise.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Draknar.5748

Been a lot of this P2W being tossed around.

I’m honestly curious, paying money in this game for gems to convert to gold helps you win…. what exactly? Is there competitive skin collecting in this game now?

Might as well call LoL skins P2W then….you know…because the coolest skins will of course make you a better player and faceroll all content.

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

I’m honestly curious, paying money in this game for gems to convert to gold helps you win…. what exactly? Is there competitive skin collecting in this game now?

Might as well call LoL skins P2W then….you know…because the coolest skins will of course make you a better player and faceroll all content.

You can buy all mats for ascended at TP for gold which you can get for real money… BiS gear for real money ;-) not p2w at all.

You can buy legendary weapons for gold which you can get for real money… BiS weapons for real money…. not p2w ;-)

You can get most of the things for gold, gold for gems, gems for money…. not pay to win I get it now.

Fractal skins are one of the few really rare things in this game that cannot be obtained with real money… leave them be as they are pls (ok you can do something with that terrible RNG).

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

My extra rifle skins need to go. Please let me get rid of them

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I think it would be nice to sell the skins in a fractal vendor for 100 pristines (you should have 10 random skins by that point) and also add a mystic forge recipe where you can throw in 4 unwanted skins for a weapon box.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Definitely do not make them tradeable. Leave them account bound but at least allow the skins to be forgeable.

Fractal skins shouldn’t be cheapened by making them available on the TP. None of the other dungeon skins, which are admittedly redeemable for tokens, are available on the TP. I’d definitely like to seem fractal skins redeemable for relics. Pristine relics are useless outside of ascended rings, which drop like confetti anyway, and converting to fractal relics which fall like snow. So they really do need to see some love

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

tp? no.
box with selection? yes.
pristines? ok.

My extra rifle skins need to go. Please let me get rid of them

i would love to take one off your hands

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Stay away from my fractal sword and dagger you fifthy casual!

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

You know what would be a great idea? If that golem in the staging area sold fractal weapons for lots of pristine relics. I know I know, it’s a shame I’m not NCSoft’s largest shareholder or Mike O’Brien. I’d make this happen if I could. Sorry, everyone, you’ll have to settle with the likelihood that you will NEVER get the fractal skin you want.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You know what would be a great idea? If that golem in the staging area sold fractal weapons for lots of pristine relics. I know I know, it’s a shame I’m not NCSoft’s largest shareholder or Mike O’Brien. I’d make this happen if I could. Sorry, everyone, you’ll have to settle with the likelihood that you will NEVER get the fractal skin you want.

You will get the skins at some point if you are persistent enough. Sure it might take a long time like my last skin that still eludes me but you’ll get it eventually.

Attachments:

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I like this idea, would allow people to actually use what they get.

At the very least, perhaps when you finish the fractal frequenter achievement (500 fractals I wanna say?) you get to choose a skin.

I’m in favour of this one too.

I think it’d be nice if both of them were implemented. The first ones makes loot more rewarding (since you don’t end up getting stuff you can’t use), the second one is a nice prize to perseverance.

Draknar.5748

You can buy all mats for ascended at TP for gold which you can get for real money… BiS gear for real money ;-) not p2w at all.

You can buy legendary weapons for gold which you can get for real money… BiS weapons for real money…. not p2w ;-)

You can get most of the things for gold, gold for gems, gems for money…. not pay to win I get it now.

Fractal skins are one of the few really rare things in this game that cannot be obtained with real money… leave them be as they are pls (ok you can do something with that terrible RNG).

Oh I see, so buying the mats on TP auto levels your crafting to 500 then I see. And of course you can buy dragonite, emp frags, etc. And the laurels needed for the recipes, and of course the karma needed for obsidian shards. Those are all purchasable from TP, right?

But even then, even with what you are claiming is P2W. What are they winning again? BiS weapons that anyone can get without spending real money? So, basically it’s pay to be on par with anyone else? I think you want to say P2Bequal then.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

As much as i want the darn rifle… no. Lets keep em prestige…though make some boxes to choose the one you like if you ever get a drop

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

I disagree, i dont wanna see fractal skin in farmers who buy them without do a single run…. ok for boxes u can choose the weapon

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

No, they shouldn’t be on the trading post. But, running with relatively new players, people with fractal levels in the 30s and seeing them with skins I’ve been after for nearly 2 years hurt… Can I trade in my stack of 500 pristine relics? I wish gale or someone would take a look at our position.

edit. phone autocorrected.

(edited by captainteemo.6537)

Posted by: Kenny Mack.2653

Kenny Mack.2653

As has been iterated above, I do not believe that skins should be tradeable.

Fractal skins are locked behind a time investment and to some degree, a skill barrier (in that higher skill = more fractals completed = more dice rolls).

The only thing that could and perhaps should be reworked, is the reoccurrence of skins. It’s quite annoying when only a couple are left to get but you keep getting a torch…

Perhaps removing skins already acquired from your loot table? Or being able to salvage skins for a new currency and then trading say 5 of them in at a fractal vendor for your choice of skin. This would also enable people over time to get what they want, as long as they are willing to work for it.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Chipping in against trade-able Fractal skins.

I’d like to suggest that you get a box for hitting fractal 50 (a new achievement). As opposed to the fractal frequenter one.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

NO NO NO NO

It is for fotm players, not for ppl never playing them to buy.

I know the pain…. But this is the wrong way

Let us be able to buy with relics or P-relics

or

Give us more levels and raise the drop rate/Drop skin boxes that lets you pick a skin.

PS; For the love of Kormir GIVE US FOTM ARMOR!!!!

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

But this box you speak of might be put in a very high level of Fractal… Say… 51+.

Oh and just in case people think that might be too easy to achieve, they might reset people’s fractal levels to Really make them earn it.

Never forget.

Iol you two <3 I am a little embarrassed for Anet at all the people responding with excitement to the first “idea”. There are already weapon boxes in-game, guys, that’s guardian’s joke. The codes are there and everything. They are just, as Kirin pointed out, drops at a fractal level we can’t even play at. It’s like slamming your head into a wall with that logic, I swear.

I don’t want fractal weapons on the TP. I want to work for them either by a token system or if it’s gonna be pure RNG, take out individual weapons altogether and just drop the effing box.

This would also be nice! See, these are all great examples of keeping items elite and yet attainable.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Never forget.

Iol you two <3 I am a little embarrassed for Anet at all the people responding with excitement to the first “idea”. There are already weapon boxes in-game, guys, that’s guardian’s joke. The codes are there and everything. They are just, as Kirin pointed out, drops at a fractal level we can’t even play at. It’s like slamming your head into a wall with that logic, I swear.

I don’t want fractal weapons on the TP. I want to work for them either by a token system or if it’s gonna be pure RNG, take out individual weapons altogether and just drop the effing box.

This would also be nice! See, these are all great examples of keeping items elite and yet attainable.

It’s always painful when Anet already has the solution to a problem but it just hasn’t implemented it for stupid reasons. . In the meantime the perfect solution to this problem just sort of sits there in the code not being implemented.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Well they need something to dangle as a reward for the HOT fractal updates. “ohh look, you can finally pick a skin… what… no, this wasn’t in the game for months but simply hidden and unobtainable… shh no one was supposed to know that!”