[POSSIBLE SPOILER]New Flame and Frost Character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Double posting due to forum glitch making the page invisible.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It says NEW characters, doesn’t it.

Just be glad it didn’t state: “Reïntroducing an old, familiar plant.”

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Varzon.9483

Varzon.9483

I find it sad that nobody mentioned Sieran! (I find her as a better character than Tybalt TBH) She’s the only kitten likable plant in the game as well : (

And we won’t ever get to fight our mentors in risen form, Sieran, the Priory mentor is a sylvari, so us priory folks wouldn’t have anyone to fight!

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

As long as they don’t reintroduce Alesia or Kormir, I’m OK with it. They’re two of the most useless characters in the history of games.

I find it odd that Angel is saying they’re going to all of this effort to avoid temporal paradoxes, when the personal story itself represents a HUGE temporal paradox as currently implemented: “Yay, I fixed the world…and…wait…the ‘Death, Good’ Brigade is still here?!?”

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

Thanks for the spoiler alerts, everyone. Even glancing at the title of the thread implies that Tybalt dies. Could you change it, please? Not all of us are at that point in the story… >_>

-Wulf

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

The only NPC that died at 80 that I can remember is Zhaitan. The others we where involved with died earlier.

Yes, but at what point did Zhaitan display any…“sassiness”?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Braclo.7380

Braclo.7380

Thanks for the spoiler alerts, everyone. Even glancing at the title of the thread implies that Tybalt dies. Could you change it, please? Not all of us are at that point in the story… >_>

I agree!

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Tybalt, Sieran, and Forgal, just need to stop being lazy and click on the waypoint already to resurrect. I mean, gosh. Way to be overly dramatic about the whole thing.

Unless of course they don’t have the money for repairs and all their gear is broken so they are naked. Then I understand why they haven’t resurrected yet.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Pls change the thread title…its a spoiler.

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Tybalt is the only NPC in the story quest whose voice acting and character didn’t make me wince. Even taken on its own, this is good characterisation and decent voice acting. Most of the rest are embaressing at best. Even Zoija is only marginally above the ARGH factor and kudos to Felicia Day for making it so because you can’t credit the script.

Smart companies do not kill off their enjoyable characters, especially if they only have a few.

Lets crystalise this. How many GW2 story characters do you remember and like? Tybalt, possibly Zoija and lets face it, thats about it. The rest are remarkable only in their blandness.

For a supposed triple A product, Anet missed the boat on the thing that draws us in the most: the characters.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Tybalt is the only NPC in the story quest whose voice acting and character didn’t make me wince. Even taken on its own, this is good characterisation and decent voice acting. Most of the rest are embaressing at best. Even Zoija is only marginally above the ARGH factor and kudos to Felicia Day for making it so because you can’t credit the script.

Smart companies do not kill off their enjoyable characters, especially if they only have a few.

Lets crystalise this. How many GW2 story characters do you remember and like? Tybalt, possibly Zoija and lets face it, thats about it. The rest are remarkable only in their blandness.

For a supposed triple A product, Anet missed the boat on the thing that draws us in the most: the characters.

What I want to know is why Sylvari have English accents.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Oh, I rather like Rytlock too. Steve Blum deserves a lot of credit for bringing him to gruff, kitten kicking life.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

After playing through to the very last mission on my main (Norn Ranger, order of whispers) Tybalt was my favorite and the most memorable.
Sieran is pretty good too as a precocious character. I find her believable and a bit enjoyable as I’m now playing through with her on an alt’s storyline.
The vigil’s mentor was memorable in stature but I did not enjoy him nor feel much for him when the ‘unmentionable’ battle comes.
Rytlock – his voice makes me shiver at times. Dunno why. But I really think he’s a well fleshed out character. Maybe a little over the top at times but then again isn’t his character supposed to be like that?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Lets trade trahearne for Tybalt and Forgal.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: crimsonhawk.7921

crimsonhawk.7921

Possible spoiler….in the subject line. Way to go.

Now I know what´s going to happen to Tybalt. Thanks…

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Am i the only one who thinks he should stay dead? Bringing any of the three back would tarnish them as heroic characters. It was basically up to this point that i enjoyed the story, then it went downhill.

• spoiler *

When logan sacrifices himself in arah, i thought better of him. Then he came back, and i cried wtf.

Look, if tybalt comes back as an undead throwing apple grenades and you have to defeat him and take his body back to his final resting place in an orchid, sure, go for it. If not keep him dead.

Unless trahearne knows a ritual to bring him back but at the cos of his own life, im for that too.

Seriously anet, work on your stories a bit more closely, and smack whoever came up with the stuff after claw island.