PRE CURSOR SKINS

PRE CURSOR SKINS

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

Just wondering if i unlock a precursor skin will i still be able to make the lengendary and sell it on the trading post

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

what? Precursors always have another exotic that looks identical. Unlocking the skin means nothing.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

That’s a really good question actually. I would think the legendary would still be unbound as it’s a separate item, but you never know.

@ maestrochino: If that is the case where can I get the non-precursor version of the Hunter?

(edited by Riot Inducer.8964)

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

what? Precursors always have another exotic that looks identical. Unlocking the skin means nothing.

i got the chaos gun as a drop and would like to use the skin on diffrent toon but want to make the quip to sell and dont want to spend 200g on exotic version for the skin when i have the pre in my bank

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

Then yes. Unlocking the skins doesn’t change the precursor. You can still craft legendary.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

There is no “non-precursor” version of Hunter. People who unlocked it via pvp have it without owning the precursor, you can’t get it that way anymore though.

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

This.

Soulbinding a precursor would have a point if you could keep the name when you apply the skin onto another weapon.

For example, you want to be a kitten Sword of the Morning, so you take the Dawn skin (from the actual precursor that you soulbound, not Khrysaor) and slap it onto a Zojja’s Claymore. Will it be called Dawn or just Zojja’s Claymore? IMO it should be called Dawn because the name should come with the skin. However, it seems to be the other way around atm – I noticed yesterday that my Tormented Axe is now a Zojja’s Reaver and the Sovereign Arquebus is Zojja’s Musket (this is very lame and I would really love for ANet to fix this, btw).

PRE CURSOR SKINS

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

A precursor is an item, rather than a skin. Anything that comes out of your wardrobe is just a skin and will not count towards mystic forge recipes which require items.

If you have a precursor ‘item’ in your bank you can right click on it while it’s in the bank and click Unlock skin. This will Accountbind the precursor (if it’s not already soulbound) so you wont be able to sell the precursor, but it will still be the original item and therefore should be usable in the forge.

Equipping it will unlock the skin in the wardrobe for use on other weapons. Those other weapons wont be precursors, but they will look like one.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.