PVE not competitive enough.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Your basing this proposal on the claim that PvE is too easy.
Simple solution? Fight naked. When you have beaten everything there is in PvE solo and naked to prove your claim, come back and tell us your proposal again. Make sure you do all those world bosses when nobody else is there. We likely still won’t agree but maybe one of us will learn something about succeeding by cooperating.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Just an fyi, open world isnt always that easy, it depends on many factors, if they really wanted to they could upscale open world and make it more group encouraged without making it competitive.

Also if you want open world to be more challenging in low levels, its simple, dont use runes.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Your basing this proposal on the claim that PvE is too easy.

Actually, he was basing it on the observation that until the new patch, the latest Current Event required competing with other players for credit.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Annnnndddd the OP stopped posting here a day ago. Everyone is now arguing without the OP ………

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Annnnndddd the OP stopped posting here a day ago. Everyone is now arguing without the OP ………

No we’re not! You didn’t see us! You can’t prove anything!

Moooom!

Anyhow, this thread was entertaining in a “I can’t believe how obtuse some people can be” kind of way, but it’s time to say goodbye to it. Goodbye thread! ~waves~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

I have always hoped PvE would be so hard that support classes were viable. or at least hybrid support/dps classes. We still have basically a zerker meta, but its better than before.

For example, no one takes healing power, even when they trait for dps/support, well outside of raids that is. But even in raids, you have 10 ppl and only one hybrid dps/tank and one hybrid dps/healer.

I want PvE to feel like PvP (chaotic and unpredictable) but support/tank roles to be noticeable to where they feel valuable and fun to play. DPS gets nice big crits and a noticeable effect on the battle. Support roles need to be emphasised more through the UI and through in-game effects.

In other games for instance, at the end of dungeons, players would get medals for things like:

Most damage done
Biggest Crit
Most damage taken
Most healing done

Some system like that showing what support players have done might help too.

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

not reading all the posts, but I can tell by the fact this hit page 3 y’all got trolled hard.

nj

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I agree that they could have done better, that’s why I’m giving them suggestions on how to improve the competitive aspect of PVE. Maybe we could even do it cross-server: 2 megaservers doing the same meta event. The one that does it quicker, gets better rewards, the loser one, gets nothing, so that players would improve over time due to the feedback of loot.

No. You want competitive bullkitten? Go to a different game. There’s a reason the ONLY competitive areas of the game involve pvp. PvE is meant to be a cooperative environment. You dont like it? Goodbye.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

No no no, no PVP. PVE content, but where players fight other players in PVE manner. Such as racing to get crystals, like we have now, possibly doing events in parallel to see who is faster and better, you know, standard stuff, but make a winner and a loser side and reward the winner and punish the losers. Why should everyone get all the rewards? Make them at least slightly exclusive.

Oh Lord. No.

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Or things could just be left the way they are, but this time with leaderboard support. I remember there used to be speedrun dungeon tournaments on twitch. Having that become official would encourage a lot of people to “get good” in pve so they can finish the content as quickly as possible.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Does anyone else feel like OP just wants to show off exclusive rewards to show others he’s oh so good? There’s competition in Wvw and in PvP. Just leave PvE alone already. Not everything is a race and not everything is about winning. Look for things that give you that, instead of asking for changes to something that’s not competitive, nor meant to be. If people really want an ego boost, there’s plenty of places they can get it. If they’re really as good as they claim to be.

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

Where to start. The game is just too easy. Everyone can get achievement points in PVE, no one is left behind. You’ve done a right step in PVP. Let’s analyse the achievements: need to win, need to win, need to win. Whereas PVE: participate, help, work together. See a problem? You are not incentivizing the player enough to go PVE. Offer a great reward (such as a legendary backpack), but cut the supply of them tenfold (by making it only that winners get the achievements and put in tiers of semi good rewards), by making so that only the Meta achievers can get it, while others get something that’s less of a value, such as resonating sliver, since everyone likes those. Economy is better off (less rewards flood the market), players are better off, you are better off as you can be sure that players will gate other players as much as possible from getting the final shiny. I like where you are going with current events, where players have to steal from other players to get achievement points, but I believe you could still kick it up a notch by making so that instead of priory fighting inquest, priory (player side) could fight consortium (player side) and the losing sides loses that much from their achievement pool. This way, people have incentive to try, because now, people are just gonna be like meh, I’ll do it and I’ll get something everyone will get, whereas if it’s exclusive, more people will join to get the exclusive shiny. You could also throw a match-maker to ensure fair-play between the two sides, no stacking, etc.

So basically the OP wants to play Black Desert Online…

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

PvE is fine the way it is. When I’m stressed from real life issues I like farming the Shiverpeaks maps because they tend to be less visually cluttered. Not everyone goes into games for competition. GW2 is a good in that it allows players to choose how much competition they want. I just wish there was more of a way for players to build things like in an account homestead. It would be nice for more missions to assist at supplying materials to build/repair structures.

It would be nice if they would reintroduce the monk class back into the world but have them be a profession designed less for violence and more for healing/resolving conflicts; only using violence as a last resort. I don’t have a problem with game violence but I think it would be a nice change and make for more complex stories.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Why does PvE need to be competitive?

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Where to start. The game is just too easy. Everyone can get achievement points in PVE, no one is left behind. You’ve done a right step in PVP. Let’s analyse the achievements: need to win, need to win, need to win. Whereas PVE: participate, help, work together. See a problem? You are not incentivizing the player enough to go PVE. Offer a great reward (such as a legendary backpack), but cut the supply of them tenfold (by making it only that winners get the achievements and put in tiers of semi good rewards), by making so that only the Meta achievers can get it, while others get something that’s less of a value, such as resonating sliver, since everyone likes those. Economy is better off (less rewards flood the market), players are better off, you are better off as you can be sure that players will gate other players as much as possible from getting the final shiny. I like where you are going with current events, where players have to steal from other players to get achievement points, but I believe you could still kick it up a notch by making so that instead of priory fighting inquest, priory (player side) could fight consortium (player side) and the losing sides loses that much from their achievement pool. This way, people have incentive to try, because now, people are just gonna be like meh, I’ll do it and I’ll get something everyone will get, whereas if it’s exclusive, more people will join to get the exclusive shiny. You could also throw a match-maker to ensure fair-play between the two sides, no stacking, etc.

So basically the OP wants to play Black Desert Online…

My first thought was Mortal Online. but I have not played BDO. So it could be that.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

You’ve done a right step in PVP.

You obviously don’t PvP. The absolute vast majority of PvP’ers believe the current system to be a complete failure. From a purely mechanical/theoretical standpoint it’s a complete failure that is largely dependent on RNG and luck.

You absolutely don’t want Anet installing similar mechanics into PvE or WvW. Imagine if fractal bosses could randomly wipe your entire team on a dice roll. Imagine if WvW matched servers up randomly instead of through the current mechanism of high+low against high+low against high+low. Imagine Blackgate and TC against IoJ and Anvil Rock. It’s okay at the end, because BG and TC are supposed to win, so the loser shouldn’t feel bad.

No, my friend. PvE in it’s current state has it’s issues, but competitiveness is certainly not one of them. If you want to address anything in PvE, I’d look at drop consistency, but that’s an entirely different bag of nonsense to get into.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

No we’re not! You didn’t see us! You can’t prove anything!

Moooom!

Anyhow, this thread was entertaining in a “I can’t believe how obtuse some people can be” kind of way, but it’s time to say goodbye to it. Goodbye thread! ~waves~

Oh noes! Say it’s not so! I was all good to go with a bit of gentle sarcasm and a picture of Inigo Montoya! It’s tradition!

Bah.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: delar.6027

delar.6027

If I want to PvP then I choose to PvP. If I want to PvE then I choose to PvE.

I absolutely hate PvP when it is forced on me and would never play Guild Wars if I was forced to be griefed when playing PvE.

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

How about the people who DON’T want competitives in pve???

I’m already frustrated enough with the current PVP season or how annoying it is to win the minigames in Auric Basin.

Beside PVE stand for Player Verses Environment, not each other (that what PVP is for).

I already dislike the fact that every wins I get in PVP means the losers loses their pip in ranked arena given to knowing how hard it is to built it up.

(edited by Renkencen.6127)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

pve yes, is to easy, if game wasnt about to be easy Anet would make the game with less aoe and less cleaves, still stronger aoe that hit more targets on longer cooldowns.

Gw2 players love the spamfest.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Expecting competition in PvE is pretty stupid if you have done any research about the game. It is fine if you don’t do research on every game you buy but then you shouldn’t be surprised that some games turns out not to be what you expected.

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

The only form of competition in PvE that has “always” existed was the rush for server first, world first kills in raids or in leader board settings. Yet the formerly-mentioned seems only be known in MMOs where raids are the main (and sometimes only) endgame content.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The only form of competition in PvE that has “always” existed was the rush for server first, world first kills in raids or in leader board settings. Yet the formerly-mentioned seems only be known in MMOs where raids are the main (and sometimes only) endgame content.

And, prior to the latest patch (Which started this whole troll thread) there was “First to the Ley Line Energy, so you can get credit for the event and achievements.”

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Go fight naked without taking any damage in raids please. You have your competitive scene already.

Or go into any of the new maps and finish solo all the events.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Go fight naked without taking any damage in raids please. You have your competitive scene already.

why would anyone do this? Like saying go play wow w/your feet or do it blindfolded, its just dumb, how bout they make the game hard and make achievements and rewards mean something, even when playing at maximum potential it should be hard thus encouraging you to get the best gear play the best so that you can overcome the content, instead everyone wants afk #1 spam.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

why would anyone do this? Like saying go play wow w/your feet or do it blindfolded, its just dumb, how bout they make the game hard and make achievements and rewards mean something, even when playing at maximum potential it should be hard thus encouraging you to get the best gear play the best so that you can overcome the content, instead everyone wants afk #1 spam.

Go play PvP if you want competitive challenge, that is what it is there for.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I’ll take one route of PvE being too easy. Huge boss events and things like that. Where 100’s of people come together to mindlessly spam attacks at zero risk or skill. It’s basically show up here at this time and get some loot. Congrats and now move along.

If by making PvE more competitive as in more challenging against PvE content. Perhaps Anet could look at much smaller meta event maps that limit total # of people in that map instance to like 50 or something. Make these events scale from 1-50 people to make them actually a bit of a challenge.

Posted by: Amaranth.1985

Amaranth.1985

I agree w OP the game is too easy and there should be more competition between players so that we have a challenge. Too many noob players and generic ppl who “play this game to relax after work”. They ruin the challenge and suck the life out of all games and gaming communities.

I realize this is formulaic, but if you’re looking for “competitive PvE”, this is probably not the game for you. There are plenty of other MMOs out there that provide that style of gameplay if you need it – most recent one that comes to my mind is Black Desert Online. GW2 has never been about that, and if they change it now, they would alienate the vast majority of their player base.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

GW2 has never been about that, and if they change it now, they would alienate the vast majority of their player base.

Including me.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Gw2 was built to be a co-op experience from the ground up. No fighting over nodes, doing zone events together, sharing kills. The only competitive aspect in this game and frankly any other over game is rushing for world first kills, and then stuff like fastest kill times.

There are PvP modes in the game to cater to your competitive side.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You don’t get the point of a game at all do you. You can make a game as easy or as hard as you like. The only person making a game unchallenging is your self, you have the options to change your build to a non meta, use weapons people don’t normally do. Do use exotic gear, use blue or white.

Why would people do this? To make the game harder, to have a challenge.

I leveled a warrior to 80, and I only used the weapons/armor that dropped for me or that are story rewards, and only Hammer/ mace shield. It was great fun. Playing something other than zurker GS warrior.

Try it you might like it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Just as a note;

When one person posts 40 times and 40 individuals post negative responses that is one for and 40 against.

The same individual poster posting another 40 times for his/her idea , is still counted as one opinion.

( please Note I see at least 2 other opinions in this thread semi supporting the OP)

I had no issues with the level of difficulty in HoT, I am primarily a WvWvW player anyway but I am a NO vote against your idea OP.

The things you wish to change are the reason I arrived at this game from a long line of others, enjoy the game or find one you do would be my suggestions.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)