Pact Survival Fleet Pack £17 WTF !!!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

So if I want to buy the pact survival pack it is going to cost 1600 gems which to buy would cost me £17

Anyone else insulted and disgusted by their pricing ?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Insulted? How is it even possible to be insuled?

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Have you looked whats in it? o.o; It’s more than worth it. 5 BLC keys, The Home Portal (BTW that was 900gems alone when it was released), as well as the other stuff.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Simply don’t buy it if you don’t think it is worth it?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It’s worth 2175 gems, and that’s excluding the boosters, ticket scraps, and shovels.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

It’s not like you can’t survive in the game if you do not buy it, right?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s worth 2175 gems, and that’s excluding the boosters, ticket scraps, and shovels.

900 + 450 + 500 + 150 is 2000
Unless you buy all the black lion keys separately of course, which is madness. :p

Personally speaking btw, I don’t think 2 resurrection orbs are worth paying the 500 gems for. But that’s just my opinion.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think these packs are always good value. It just depends on if there is anything in there you really want. If the weapon skins had not been on sale, I would have got it, probably. My birthday and Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It can also cost nothing with gold to gem conversion. Makes it even less insulting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I bought one. I mainly wanted just the home teleporter, but the 5 keys were not bad either. I got an extra ticket scrap for a total of 6, which nicely brought me to a total of 10 and a full ticket. If I invest that smartly and wait for a moment, I’ll probably rack anywhere between 100-200 gold from it after TP taxes.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Don’t buy it then… they sell revive orbs for 500 gems? I destroy them cause they take space lol

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The problem with revive orbs is they attract other people in your party to come revive you.

I always want to scream “GET AWAY!!!” because they usually lure AoEs or mobs on top of me that one shot me when I have the orb sickness still on.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The problem with revive orbs is they attract other people in your party to come revive you.

I always want to scream “GET AWAY!!!” because they usually lure AoEs or mobs on top of me that one shot me when I have the orb sickness still on.

Well why don’t you? You can still use chat and /say when you’re dead.

One – Piken Square

DarkWasp.7291

Well why don’t you? You can still use chat and /say when you’re dead.

Because people always argue before acting. Unless I bind a macro that automatically pastes in text explaining exactly who I am talking to and why they should get away. They would probably ignore that too.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Why the heck would I feel insulted?
Grow up, for kittens sake, and be a responsible consumer. If it’s not worth the price to you, don’t buy it.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

don’t want to spend money in the 100% optional cash shop that gives you 0 advantages over other players in the game ?

then spend ingame gold to buy gems.

problem solved !

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t think insulted is what you meant to say. I see bad deals all the time and I don’t get insulted. I simply don’t buy it…

Now if a good friend of mine was trying to rip me off, then I would be insulted, because how could he! But a company offering optional services at a bad price? Nothing to see here.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmmmm. The prices in the gemstore. I’ve felt dejected, rejected, respected, affected, effected, impressed and depressed.

But never insulted.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Hmmmmm. The prices in the gemstore. I’ve felt dejected, rejected, respected, affected, effected, impressed and depressed.

But never insulted.

I love you sir. Come join me here on this bench, this group w bench. We’ll digest a turkey dinner that couldn’t be beat.

DarkWasp.7291

But never insulted.

I’m slightly insulted over the fact that despite having the old Digital Deluxe, I still have an expensive option to upgrade to it or whatever the new version of it is.

That’s an entirely different bird though.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Oh no! If only there were some way to turn in-game currency into gems =(

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

I think its shocking to have this item at 1600 gems.
I think these improvements would more likely make me buy it, not sure about others.
Black Lion Claim Ticket Scrap (5) —-—>> Black Lion Ticket (1)
Black Lion Chest Key (5)
Enchanted Combat Boost (5)
Home Portal Stone
Captain’s Airship Pass (2 weeks) —-—>> Captain’s Airship Pass (permanent)
Revive Orb (2) —-——→> Revive Orb (10)
Silverwastes Shovel (10) —-——>> Silverwastes Shovel (100)

Even then its still a stretch as most things are really unnecessary.
5 Ticket scraps is really a massive insult considering how many weapon skins there are.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think its shocking to have this item at 1600 gems.
I think these improvements would more likely make me buy it, not sure about others.
Black Lion Claim Ticket Scrap (5) —-—>> Black Lion Ticket (1)
Black Lion Chest Key (5)
Enchanted Combat Boost (5)
Home Portal Stone
Captain’s Airship Pass (2 weeks) —-—>> Captain’s Airship Pass (permanent)
Revive Orb (2) —-——->> Revive Orb (10)
Silverwastes Shovel (10) —-——>> Silverwastes Shovel (100)

Even then its still a stretch as most things are really unnecessary.
5 Ticket scraps is really a massive insult considering how many weapon skins there are.

You are aware that the permanent pass itself costed 1000 gems, right?

With the Home Portal Stone costing 900 gems. Which would mean those two on their own would be worth more than the whole price of your proposed package.

5 BLC Keys also costs 450 (if you buy them in a bunch) and the 2 Revive Orbs costs 500.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

It looked like yet another thing I didn’t care about to me.

Attachments:

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

Hey its a bundle for a reason.
Also revive orbs, boosts, ticket scraps have no value to me.
Black lion keys are overpiced. I bought 75 of them yesterday and all i got from the chests was boosts, mini caithes and other junk.
I would say perm airship, portal stone and the rest of the junk would be worth that much in a bundle price.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Hey its a bundle for a reason.
Also revive orbs, boosts, ticket scraps have no value to me.
Black lion keys are overpiced. I bought 75 of them yesterday and all i got from the chests was boosts, mini caithes and other junk.
I would say perm airship, portal stone and the rest of the junk would be worth that much in a bundle price.

Jesus Christ man! You knew keys are overpriced and a total ripoff and you bought them anyway?
Seriously, this is why we can’t have nice things
I like some of the items like the gathering tools but all the consumables and the keys are just insulting in terms of value vs. price.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It’s just a really bad deal. At first glance it looks “cheap” as you save some gems. But that includes the utterly insane 500gems for 2 revive orbs.
Shovels and scraps are of nebulous value. If you happen to have 5 scraps it can be really nice, if not odds are those 5 keys won’t get you 5 more scraps to get a single ticket.

The airship pass is a timed item, that’s 2 weeks then it’s gone. And the keys are 450gems, but truthfully anything you might want from keys are likely better to acquire for gold from the TP.

So just don’t buy it. But it does show a continuous decline in the quality of the Gemstore. I remember when whole armor sets, of individual pieces that could be individually mixed, matched and dyed were 800 gems. Still 10euro’s!
Now you get none of that freedom and it’s only 100gems cheaper, or they broke a complete set up in individual pieces and ultimately charge you 1800gems. More than twice as expensive, that’s 22.50euro’s!

And of course the debacle with the reskinned human racial armor and the watchwork pickaxe, and so much stuff behind RNG.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I decided to pick it up for the Home Portal Stone, the 5 BLKeys and the 5 Scraps.

While I don’t really need any of them, the Home Portal Stone might be nice as a way of quickly getting the “X region harvesting” daily done. (I have one character of each race.) Simply plop it into my Bank, hop into HotM to get it, teleport back to my HI, gather, return to my original space. This lets me harvest whatever region I need without technically leaving whichever map I’m currently parked in.

I also tried my luck with the BLKeys (since I’m in the process of collecting the new HI gathering nodes). Got 3 more Scraps and a BLSK, but nothing else. Ah well.