Party Leader Feature Like Raids...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

In raids commander can lead group… Remove member, Place marks etc.
We need (imo) this in 5-man groups aswell.

Creating party easily with requirements, without asking vote kick.
This will help to deal with careless people who can’t read or don’t care.

Also marks can be very useful for coordination. Make things easier.

But “Commander Tag” won’t be needed for Pary Leader. (named it like this)
So anyone can do it without paying gold.

On side topic.

Block list can be worked for LFG.
When you create party. People within your block list can’t join your party or don’t even see it.

Want to hear your thoughts. Also need some “DEV” attention here.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

I’d love to see these many of these features.

If people are going to whine about the commander tag, then let people who own a commander tag get the commander-specific features when they create a party without having to tag up.

The idea that there isn’t a party leader has always kinda bothered me. I understand that a leader can leave, but it would be nice to have someone as the defined ‘leader’ – if we have issues about the voting, make a mechanism where when the party leader leaves, you need to vote a member in as leader to re-enable the features.

Disclaimer: almost all of the above is more coding that’s avoided by buying a commander tag and tagging up, so, it may get completely ignored as “has workaround”.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Can squads enter dungeons, story instances, etc.. since the commander tag/squad rework? I thought this had been disallowed. If so, tagging up is not a solution.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Kicking players should remain a party vote. Leaving it up to one person opens up the kicking feature to be abused which is minimized when it requires more people.

Marks are not a bad idea.

Fivona.5061

Can squads enter dungeons, story instances, etc.. since the commander tag/squad rework? I thought this had been disallowed. If so, tagging up is not a solution.

Tag not working in 5-man content.

Fivona.5061

Seems people not insterested on this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Seems people not insterested on this.

Or maybe we just didn’t notice the thread.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Didn’t we used to have ‘Leaders’ in instances, and the forums were full of laments about 1 person having too much power? I don’t remember, but there was some reason that mechanic was changed.

Marks might be feasible, I don’t know.

It is unlikely this thread will be singled out for special ‘Dev attention’, but…

Good luck.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I’d love that feature.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Didn’t we used to have ‘Leaders’ in instances, and the forums were full of laments about 1 person having too much power? I don’t remember, but there was some reason that mechanic was changed.

Marks might be feasible, I don’t know.

It is unlikely this thread will be singled out for special ‘Dev attention’, but…

Good luck.

Yes that and Im going to take a food break be back in 40 mins wait or finish without me I get rewarded regardless.

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Or I will vote to kick you and, if the other people in party are agree with me and they do no think l am kicking you just because I want to troll you without a reason, you will be kicked.
Enjoy your food.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Or I will vote to kick you and, if the other people in party are agree with me and they do no think l am kicking you just because I want to troll you without a reason, you will be kicked.
Enjoy your food.

Yea and if you vote kicked the leader the instance closed for everyone. ( enjoy your wasted time, and thats why it was changed to not have party leader)

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Oh! I know why it was changed. I am here from betas.
Things like selling dungeons by the party leader who kicked all at the last boss, people complains about been kicked without a reason were daily threads long time ago.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Yeah the kick should remain has it is. Other things i’m with you. Plus has i said in my thread a vote for removing the party from lfg too should be usefull
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/closing-others-parties/first#post6581519

Fivona.5061

Yes i agree. “Leader can kick people only” can be problematic.

But atleast “block list” can be worked if “you” started group.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It would be great if everyone in a party could add marks; I don’t think there’s a specific reason to make it require a commander.

I disagree about /kick — the game used to make it possible for the minority to /kick and that never turned out well.
I also don’t agree that /block is necessary — I don’t think it’s an issue often enough for enough people. (It would be better, however, if ANet could act more quickly on reports of someone abusing LFG.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”