Patch Feedback [merged]

Patch Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

Its not good form to miss your own deadlines.

in the real world if you miss deadlines bad things happen. you get failing grades, fired from your job, back-charged, and on and on.

i realize that game developers get away with bloody murder because they basically have a captive audience, but its still not very polite to your customers.

at the very least a small announcement should be made so people can be informed.

anyhow, this is not the first, or last, time i have seen this, so i guess i will go do something else for a few hours and hope something changes in the meantime.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Mythilas.7325

Mythilas.7325

don’t want to burst any bubbles, BUT…
when will you people learn that Arenanet is bad at these things. its a simple result of over-spending on lore department and leaving other departments under-funded.
all of the future patches will always be late due to this, so whenever arenanet gives you a date, add +24 hours automaticly and you will never be dissapointed.

And as far as this thread goes…. CC Eva has been assigned to close topics related to the patch release, so it will be closed soon. (all other 10+ were)

I agree to some extent. ANet isn’t very good at clearly communicating when items will be released, nor are they great at getting things out on time. I felt like the way they handled the Halloween update release was disappointing, and I’m hoping this one doesn’t go the same way.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Maybe they scratched the whole thing to remove the Ascended items? :p

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Snip

What kind of PR is that that doesn’t want to talk to it’s consumers?

Im raising my eyebrows right now, because Ive had years of watching what MMO “consumers” act like when a developer says anything. If it was my job, Id be an alcoholic :p

Dexson

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

Well they cant close this thread without giving a proper answer, we all know and got links confirming that it would have launched 38min ago. It’s just a matter of us needing to know what’s happening. It was just a couple of hours ago they said it would be released 38min ago and no nothing now about technical issues, delay and how long, or anything at all. Like someone said, even if the patch isnt live they know what will be in it (unless they do a paid tournament once again and remove things last minute), so they should be able to give patch notes.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Well they cant close this thread without giving a proper answer, we all know and got links confirming that it would have launched 38min ago.

If I were them I would close the thread with the answer of “Challenge accepted.”

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

I would rather to accept that the server being shut down and patch note released(if there is any issue for new patch release and assume they are working on it) than the fact of nothing happening like now.

Patch Feedback [merged]

pinkglow.3429

when will you people learn that Arenanet is bad at these things. its a simple result of over-spending on lore department and leaving other departments under-funded.
all of the future patches will always be late due to this, so whenever arenanet gives you a date, add +24 hours automaticly and you will never be dissapointed.

And as far as this thread goes…. CC Eva has been assigned to close topics related to the patch release, so it will be closed soon. (all other 10+ were)

I agree to some extent. ANet isn’t very good at clearly communicating when items will be released, nor are they great at getting things out on time. I felt like the way they handled the Halloween update release was disappointing, and I’m hoping this one doesn’t go the same way.

It’s alrady 42 minutes late.
I dont like that they cant communicate in one place. Some things are said on facebook, some on twitter, some in a random server in game, and some in random forum posts. Why not use one place and put it all out there? I think this websites forum is the perfect place for it, and have people cheer the game on facebook and twitter instead. But… what can one do? You just have to lurk every kind of place and hope to find some information that can be interpreted into something =(

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2

Jonathan Sharp is going to be showing off a new PvP map live at 2:00 PM PST on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 : http://ow.ly/fkgxU ~RB2 #GW2

So maybe another hour?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It’s alrady 42 minutes late.
I dont like that they cant communicate in one place. Some things are said on facebook, some on twitter, some in a random server in game, and some in random forum posts. Why not use one place and put it all out there? I think this websites forum is the perfect place for it, and have people cheer the game on facebook and twitter instead. But… what can one do? You just have to lurk every kind of place and hope to find some information that can be interpreted into something =(

Yea while I am patient about this patch and not freaking about it being late since most people didn’t realize it was coming out today until that forbes article.

I agree that there is information all over the place. The dev tracker is fine. They should link the interviews also like massively or mmorpg sometimes they say things there that aren’t on the forums.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

They never said we would get a patch today. Different press sites said so and one locked threat implied it would be at noon PST (it was a question answered by a member then closed by a moderator thanking him for answering), but every other threads asking for a specific time have been answered by “you will know in due time”.

It’s fair to assume we won’t get any update until midnight PST. :|

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Retrobond.4798

Retrobond.4798

ANet really needs to start working on communicating with their playerbase. The whole ascended gear blowup incident could have been mitigated if it was properly released to the players. The reason that whole thing blew up was because the players found out about that thing through a 3rd party media and that site did not worded it like how ANet wanted it. As of now, they use Twitter, FB, reddit, forums, blog, in-game characters and 3rd party sites with no clear one-stop website with all of the announcements. Right now, we shouldn’t see this post if they made an announcement that at certain time a patch will be out.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ember.4326

Ember.4326

Anet, -1 to my internal counter of “will I buy an expansion?”. This is dumb, release patch notes at least.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Namu.5712

They never said we would get a patch today. Different press sites said so and one locked threat implied it would be at noon PST (it was a question answered by a member then closed by a moderator thanking him for answering), but every other threads asking for a specific time have been answered by “you will know in due time”.

If you look on the front page here at a locked thread there are several that pretty much confirm its today, and on twitter as well m8. it got pushed back a few hours. Should be here in about an hour…. 2pm PST now.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2

Jonathan Sharp is going to be showing off a new PvP map live at 2:00 PM PST on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 : http://ow.ly/fkgxU ~RB2 #GW2

So maybe another hour?

new pvp map… STILL CONQUEST

ughhhhhhh, nobody cares. PvP is down to like 30 matches running during primetime

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Patch Feedback [merged]

pinkglow.3429

Actually, they said it would be today:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/When-will-the-update-be-availible/first#post739202

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

I mean we paid for this!

oh wait we did not..

Relax guys.. what is a few hours??

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

No, they didn’t say it would be today. All that thread is is a forum poster saying something, and a mod closing the thread without confirming anything. We don’t even know if the mod read the thread carefully.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

I mean we paid for this!

oh wait we did not..

The difference between life and death, judging by some of the posts Ive seen

Dexson

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

I mean we paid for this!

oh wait we did not..

The difference between life and death, judging by some of the posts Ive seen

lol no kidding.. Oh the world is ending….

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

its 12:57 PST atm? so the patch is almost an hour late and no information when or if it is even coming today still?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Namu.5712

I don’t think anyone is really freaking out, more or less wondering why AN is always so silent….. or rather posting info everywhere else and not in their own forums…. lol

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

I mean we paid for this!

oh wait we did not..

It’s not just a few hours, because unless they nip this in the bud and start communicating with their player base this type of thing will continue to happen, it’s truly not a big deal, but neither is letting us know the patch is delayed.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

You people are sad. It says the 16th(!) everywhere except for the friend trial.

Nowhere has it said 15th. 15th is a thursday, 16th is a friday, 16th makes sense, 15th doesnt. Lost shores goes live at 2100 CET (12.00 PST) tomorrow on the 16th, not the 15th. Patch will be earlyish tomorrow morning sometime CET.

Learn to look on the forums.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

also, you have to realize they knew they were going to be late a while ago. I am quite certain they did not get down to the deadline and be like “oops we are late.”

They knew hours ago. It would just be polite to keep people informed.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Namu.5712

This happened alot in aion….. but at least they had an excuse the dev’s were in korea and NA couldn’t really say anything without approval… whats AN’s excuse?

Patch will come when it comes though.

I am guessing in an hour from now.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Namu.5712

Nowhere has it said 15th. 15th is a thursday, 16th is a friday, 16th makes sense, 15th doesnt. Lost shores goes live at 2100 CET tomorrow on the 16th, not the 15th. Patch will be earlyish tomorrow morning sometime CET.

Its talking about an event being the 16th we are talking about a patch. There is a difference. No where does it say it will be patched the 16th but it does say the event starts the 16th….. perhaps you should heed your own advice?

Patch Feedback [merged]

pinkglow.3429

Nowhere has it said 15th. 15th is a thursday, 16th is a friday, 16th makes sense, 15th doesnt. Lost shores goes live at 2100 CET tomorrow on the 16th, not the 15th. Patch will be earlyish tomorrow morning sometime CET.

We do, and posted the thread. I also read the page marketing the patch as early as yesterday and it was same time as that forum post, even though it seemed to have been ninja removed. Now it’s 63min after that time we hear nothing. Events starting time, on the other hand, has always been stated to be nov 16 but that’s not what this is about.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Sammael Darksbane.4572

Sammael Darksbane.4572

Nowhere has it said 15th. 15th is a thursday, 16th is a friday, 16th makes sense, 15th doesnt. Lost shores goes live at 2100 CET (12.00 PST) tomorrow on the 16th, not the 15th. Patch will be earlyish tomorrow morning sometime CET.

They actually said the patch would hit on the 15th, until yesterday or the day before when they updated the Lost Shores page, it said the patch would be today, and the events would start tomorrow.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

i will be extremely happy to get ONLY the patch notes, i need to see what will happen, i don’t care when!

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

Event i.e the major content patch says 16th, nowhere has it said the 15th for anything except as I said friend trial.

The patch will go live in probably 8-9 hours CET i.e 09.00 CET. That gives a window of atleast 12 hours BEFORE the event goes live.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Namu.5712

ya i dont really care much about when the patch comes I just want to see whats in it…. >.< gimmie patch notes

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

It has probably been a minor typo for the patch or they expected it to be ready as soon as yesterday. They need to learn not to release probable dates, people will get their panties in a twist and think the world is ending if something gets slightly delayed.

Patch Feedback [merged]

pinkglow.3429

Remember people to start taking screenshots of their patch marketing pages in the future, so we can confirm when they ninja remove things again, especially since they wont tell us changes here then we must tell the community.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Surisha.4907

Surisha.4907

The patch maybe should by at 9.00 at morning (CET), but the event would be at 21.00 at the date 16 November

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Kaylogin.2846

Kaylogin.2846

i never troll in forum. you cant find a single post in thouse hate threads around the new gear, because there was never a real discussion.

but why was there never a real discussion? Because you just confuse ur community. you spread a big pie of information without going in depth. ok… i thought you’ll wait the last 2 days till the patch goes live but no… next confusion about release date for the patch. Yes there is an announcement about the starting time of the event and starting time of the trial service. so its more then comman that the community takes the earliest day and time and merge together that the patch’ll get released there.

why all this confusion? why dont you simple tell us when the patch goes live?? i dont see the point why you dissimulate so importent news and drive a so a bad news policy

for me its a knockback for all the hate you have caused for ur ascended gear introduction…

i love this game… and in the past u were driven a very good communitcation between players and devlopers. please rethink ur news communications u actual drive.

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

The patch maybe should by at 9.00 at morning (CET), but the event would be at 21.00 at the date 16 November

Yep thats usually the time they patch, no idea why it would get changed with this one.

12 hours should be more than enough to patch for most people.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

they said the patch would be 15th, all over ranger forum. They events would start on the 16th but as said before, patched in on the 15th ready for the 16th.

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

Think they made a typo or two. It should probably be 12AM PST 0900 CET i.e in roughly 11 hours. The time of the day they usually throw out new patches.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I think they learned their lesson last month’s event, the flaming uproar when it was a few hours late.

When it’s ready to coin a phrase…

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

Am I missing something? I always thought the patch didn’t come till tomorrow, the 16th. I might just be missing the bold print somewhere, though.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Sammael Darksbane.4572

Sammael Darksbane.4572

Think they made a typo or two. It should probably be 12AM PST 0900 CET i.e in roughly 11 hours. The time of the day they usually throw out new patches.

That would be the 16th, not the 15th

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Yeah patch day has been confirmed by multiple forum moderators that it is “today” and “very soon be patient”.

Typical answer on a late patch. lol

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

i can understand the hour of the patch being up in the air due to the nature of bugs and crashes but yeah at least give us the right day rofl

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

Hence why I said a typo or two. AM/PM 15/16, 1-2 typos.

I havent seen the announcement people claim to have seen where it was written, so my bet its typos and people didnt realize it.

Its a big patch, we havent gotten any patch yet, and i doubt they will shut down the servers during EU or US peak hour, so its a safe bet to say 0900 CET as the time the patch comes up for download.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

It would be nice for them to release the patch notes earlier too. Just saying it would be nice to know what’s going through the day before it goes through.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Bequis.6078

Bequis.6078

The clock is now 1:21 PM PST of 15th. And they said the patch would be here at 12 PM PST latest. So there’s still over 10,5 hours to go.
So what’s the problem now?

Patch Feedback [merged]

SneakyErvin.3056

Also people, think about it, there isnt a chance they would bring down the servers during either EU or US peak hours. So 0900 CET is the perfect and usual time for it to happen.

12 hours is more than enough to read notes, test things and download.