Patch Feedback [merged]

Patch Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lifelike.5862

Lifelike.5862

I don’t know why people are whining about Ele’s. The only thing that got “nerfed” for them was Tornado. Builds based around conjures aren’t viable anyway, so nothing else got changed that is negative.

Also, Necrofavoritism, anyone?

Excuse me?

They nerfed Evasive arcana, a key trait that was required for might stacking D/D and Staff builds.

They nerfed the best rune set for making a healing bunker build, as well as several healing staff skills. As if staff wasn’t limited enough.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Wow….

They haven’t solved any major issue, theu haven’t nerfed backstap ridiculos damage, and, just to demonstrate their capacity, they have nerfed the elementalist (one of the most underpower and bugged class of the game).

Well, at list they’ve just introduced some korean’s stuff…

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I don’t know why people are whining about Ele’s. The only thing that got “nerfed” for them was Tornado. Builds based around conjures aren’t viable anyway, so nothing else got changed that is negative.

Eles got evasive arcana nerfed so they can’t use it as a blast finisher any more. It was a primary means of stacking might and considering how underpowered the profession is they relied on those might stacks to actually be worth a kitten

To be honest this example highlights the real issue here: ANet are fixing bugs that effectively nerf professions without compensating for anything. On top of that they never seem to fix bugs that would cause an increase in strength…

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

They also nerfed traps for rangers. Don’t forget that part. No other class has the right to complain as much as the ranger does right now.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

So you missed the part where bunker ele, the only viable spvp ele, was utterly destroyed?

I missed the part where people were told/learned that bunker ele is the only way to play spvp and do it well.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

These notes are a joke. No nerfs for Warriors, next to nothing meaning for Thieves but that’s fine, lets slam Engineers with PvP nerfs on grenades of all things because they are the tyrants of SPvP now…?

This HAS to be some sort of joke, right AN?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Alberel Leonhart.9640

They also nerfed traps for rangers. Don’t forget that part. No other class has the right to complain as much as the ranger does right now.

Very true, whilst seeing no fixes to the things Jon Peters said would be fixed.

The hilarious part is their spirit ‘buff’. The spirits have a 10s internal cooldown that means ANY increase to proc chance won’t actually make a difference. The fix the spirits need is the removal of that internal cooldown.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

So you missed the part where bunker ele, the only viable spvp ele, was utterly destroyed?

I missed the part where people were told/learned that bunker ele is the only way to play spvp and do it well.

Well in that case you dont understand how poor the elementalist is at all then, case closed.

You know, most of us chose to play that class to deal damage, maybe to support. It’s a sad thing that the only way the class shone was to bunker. Few of us even liked that, but it was better than nothing and now nothing is all we have.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

Well in that case you dont understand how poor the elementalist is at all then, case closed.

You know, most of us chose to play that class to deal damage, maybe to support. It’s a sad thing that the only way the class shone was to bunker. Few of us even liked that, but it was better than nothing and now nothing is all we have.

/cry
Adapt. Do something different; it’ll make you a better player.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

A fair amount of profession changes this patch, but a lot of concerns I read from players on these forums seem to have gone unaddressed. When can we expect a truly big update to address balancing and bugs?

I also feel communication isn’t that great. Can you guys be better about letting the community know what profession issues you are looking at? Can you defend/justify your balancing decisions to the community? Nobody likes being nerfed, perhaps if you would elaborate on your design decisions that would promote more understanding… and less resentment.

I see nothing wrong with this. It would make for more lengthy patch notes as well as more time on their part to explain the changes, but I think it would ease a lot of tension on these forums.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

/cry
Adapt. Do something different; it’ll make you a better player.

Rolling warrior seems to be the preferred “adapt”. There is no other option within the elementalist class. Lowest health, lowest armour….nothing in return.

Adapt implies there is a way to cope and there is not.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I must be blind, where exactly are these patch notes?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Mr International.3715

Mr International.3715

Well based on what I have seen in the patch notes and the game thus far I am guessing that unless you play a Warrior, Guardian, Mesmer, or Thief you really won’t be happy.

If you’re a mesmer you’ll be pissed off at today’s patch.

They took away their ability to hit targets on higher elevations. Now in a WvW siege, all mesmers can do to the wall defenders is hurl foul language.

google “line of sight” please. or just think about it. line. of sight. not height…..

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Yeah, we want huge, sweeping balance changes on top of all the broken and buggy stuff! Don’t bother getting everything working as intended and see how your intended balance works, that wouldn’t make sense. If fixing the bugs afterwards unbalances everything again, do another huge sweeping balance change!

The slow going is frustrating me too, but do you even hear yourselves?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Broken Angel.4956

Broken Angel.4956

Its bugged and not starting, or time got very much nerfed.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Worst part not a single rare….after 5 events

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Broken Angel.4956

Broken Angel.4956

Well, how are we supposed to make money? Plinx was boring but at least it worked >_<

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Title says it all.
In the patch notes, you write for example:

“Updated Rune of Water to provide 10% boon duration instead of 15% in PvP.
Updated Rune of the Monk to provide 10% boon duration instead of 15% in PvP.
Updated Rune of Earth to provide 15% protection duration instead of 20%, and 3 seconds of protection instead of 4 seconds in PvP.”

or

“Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
Shrapnel Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 15% in PvP only.
Freeze Grenade: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.
Grenade Barrage: This skill’s damage has been decreased by 10% in PvP only.”

or

“Shield of Judgment: This skill’s protection duration has been set to 3 seconds from 5 seconds in PvP only.”

etc pp.
This maybe a redundant question, but I want to be sure about this:
Does this also mean in WvW or are you talking about sPvP only?

Thank you.

Pannonica
Red Guard

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Brazensage.1328

Brazensage.1328

A fair amount of profession changes this patch, but a lot of concerns I read from players on these forums seem to have gone unaddressed. When can we expect a truly big update to address balancing and bugs?

I also feel communication isn’t that great. Can you guys be better about letting the community know what profession issues you are looking at? Can you defend/justify your balancing decisions to the community? Nobody likes being nerfed, perhaps if you would elaborate on your design decisions that would promote more understanding… and less resentment.

I see nothing wrong with this. It would make for more lengthy patch notes as well as more time on their part to explain the changes, but I think it would ease a lot of tension on these forums.

I too would like COMPLETE patch notes, most players will read them in their entirety, so it couldn’t hurt.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Camera really needs love ANet

Any idea when we can expect a real camera fix to fix the bouncy in and out camera and other terrible issues that make tight spaces and JP’s a nightmare.

Thanks for the patch by the way.

Thank you

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

They better not have nerfed Plinx. Half the people in the game will quit.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

I am fairly disappointed that after this patch dueling still has yet to be added.

I remember a Dev saying a couple months back that they were planning on allowing duels. So where is it? When will this finally get implemented?

The one thing I was looking forward to, and I’m sure many others as well considering GW2 is supposed to be a more PvP driven game than most mmo’s have been really let down by this.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Yeah, we want huge, sweeping balance changes on top of all the broken and buggy stuff! Don’t bother getting everything working as intended and see how your intended balance works, that wouldn’t make sense. If fixing the bugs afterwards unbalances everything again, do another huge sweeping balance change!

The slow going is frustrating me too, but do you even hear yourselves?

You realise most of the changes people are calling for ARE bug fixes?

Every patch since launch has been fixes to minor bugs (many of which people didn’t even know about) whilst major bugs continuously go ignored. There are traits that don’t work, traits that cancel each other out, minor traits that become redundant with certain major traits in the same trait line. These are the things ANet should be fixing but instead they fix things people have never complained about.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Patch balance changes are fine, but the host of cool down related bugs that seem to have gotten introduced is frustrating.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

They already are because of other stuff. This ship is sinking, fast.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Deadman UK.5473

Deadman UK.5473

And enable the camera to zoom far out like in the Mad King dungeon…

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

You realise most of the changes people are calling for ARE bug fixes?

Every patch since launch has been fixes to minor bugs (many of which people didn’t even know about) whilst major bugs continuously go ignored. There are traits that don’t work, traits that cancel each other out, minor traits that become redundant with certain major traits in the same trait line. These are the things ANet should be fixing but instead they fix things people have never complained about.

Yes. Hence my own frustration.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

We were promised five pages of class balance changes. Yet all the patch notes are 99 percent bug fixes with some changes sprinkled in-between.

Thieves in particular were bracing for nerfs to burst, but even that didn’t happen.

The worst part: None of the notes labeled “PvP” affect WvW. So if you think a Thief was hitting you too hard in WvW before, it’s going to keep happening.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Well, my opinion is that they make this balance regarding the stats of PvP matches. There are some classes that are bet suited or able to pvp than others and it seams to me that they are trying to balance that.

Warrior are not in a good spot in sPvP not even in WvWvW. Eles, Mesmers, Thiefs, Engen, Necro and even rangers are better in that.
In PvE other classes should be buffed, but in PvP they need to balance them even more.

In the patch notes all i see is a huge list of bug fixes and some buffs, but the warrior is not the class you should worry about. In 10 lines there is one 10% damage buff in one skill and the rest is nothing. Look at the buffs on others professions.

“I must be blind, where exactly are these patch notes?”

here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: deflatedcandy.8614

deflatedcandy.8614

Not so QQ, as just voices my sadness at the patch notes. Plinx event has been nerfed, which is bad enough, but hearing about the new rewards for dungeons, and increased chances for rares in world drops and precursor from mystic forge makes me upset. Why? Because I’ve already been farming in Orr for hours, I’ve already been throwing rares/exotics into mystic forge, I just did it before they decided to up the rates. Makes me want to wait another few months before I continue to try, so that I get the maximum reward for my effort.

:(

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Please nerf Plinx. It is awful that half the game at max level seems to be running Plinx over and over with 100 other people trying to get a hit in on the mobs before they do.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

people talking about warriors just confuse me.

the majority of the changes were adding finishers to the harpoon gun.

they got a 10% buff on long bow auto attack, because you know warriors actually use long bow and stuff.

i mean what is the uproar exactly?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

running around DR with a new level 4 ele and only getting 39 xp from waypoints and 24 from Vista’s.. used to be 100 and 60 xp before the patch.

This another bug or is it “working as intended”…….

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

about 8.8k files…took me about 10 mins to download the new patch

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

Disappointed.

-No Dueling.
-Thieves still at large. there was a sizeable CnD nerf, but nothing to mug or backstab or pistol whip.
-Warriors still at large, no nerfs (besides dual shot), very surprising.
-Mesmer portal nerf should’ve been PvP only like they did for some other skills.
-Engineers will still and forever be a gimmicky clunky class that will never be competitive.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

It was around 700 megs. Just a tad over.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It’s completely hosed, because they changed how it was zooming before.

The answer to zoom out far should be to add more zoom settings.

What they did is something like this. Let’s say there were 10 zoom levels before and that took you out 100m. So each ‘tick’ was 10m. The solution ‘seems’ to be to have now made it like 150m, but instead of adding 5 new zoom levels at the end, they kept the 10, and each ‘tick’ of the mouse wheel is 15m instead of 10m (pseudo).

So what I’m left with now is that first tick away from my character from the totally zoomed in as far as you can state is just too far away from the character. I don’t like it at all, and I’m honestly completely frustrated how they did this.

To me, the game is completely unenjoyable to play.

The could have done one of three things:

1. Add 5 new zoom levels to the end, keeping each ‘tick’ of the mouse wheel as it was before.
2. Give us a ‘-noFoV’ switch or something.
3. Better yet, make it a UI setting, make that setting the ‘default’, since that is what everyone was used to for the past 2 months, then put something in the patch notes that refers people to the new FoV setting and how to change it.

What would have been wrong with that?

Now what I have is a completely unenjoyable experience.

Thank you folks.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

The Priory Explorer Plinx event chain in Cursed Shore will now occur less frequently.

It did get changed, yes. I’m sure we can find another location.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

Disappointed.

-No Dueling.
-Thieves still at large. there was a sizeable CnD nerf, but nothing to mug or backstab or pistol whip.
-Warriors still at large, no nerfs (besides dual shot), very surprising.
-Mesmer portal nerf should’ve been PvP only like they did for some other skills.
-Engineers will still and forever be a gimmicky clunky class that will never be competitive.

You’re gonna be really pissed off when you find out Dual Shot got a buff :P

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

The respawn timer on it has changed… it’s only a few extra minutes – nothing to be too overly concerned about.

I’m more concerned with the champ/vet mobs which are meant to be always dropping loot which so far doesn’t seem to be the case (I think it may be bugged on that aspect) however I can’t yet confirm if their upgraded loot tables are even working at this point.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

That example where you buy something at a store and then it eventually becomes available at a lower price is probably going to be used here soon.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

lol are you for real? if anything the game is surging in popularity again with the new lost shores stuff

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Penguin.9482

Penguin.9482

Just wanted to say thanks to all the devs at anet. Personally, this recent patch has fixed a lot of problems I have had with the game, mostly rewards from dungeons and champs and rewards from scaled down zones. I can’t wait to get in-game and try these things out.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Feel free to use →

-useOldFov

In your target for the game .exe and it’ll put it back to the old one.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Rthen.5970

Rthen.5970

Well.. so rolling a warrior is the only real option? Seriously? Sigh….

Well.. so rolling a warrior is the only real option? Seriously? Sigh….I really wish I could like WoW.. oh wait they nerfed the hell out of my fav classes there…

Well.. so rolling a warrior is the only real option? Seriously? Sigh….I really wish I could like WoW.. oh wait they nerfed the hell out of my fav classes there…I guess its TV

Rthen
80 Ranger

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

this is a textbook example of buyers remorse.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

lol are you for real? if anything the game is surging in popularity again with the new lost shores stuff

Its the vertical progression gear treadmill that’s coming with the lost shores stuff that will lose a lot of people.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

You know, I don’t see the world ‘Field’ or ‘Zoom’ anywhere, yet they hosed the camera up but good.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: deflatedcandy.8614

deflatedcandy.8614

@ Edge
Or the opposite for me. In September and October I sold all my crafting mats that I didn’t need anymore. If I had waited till this last week, most of the items would be worth 8-10 times more. Tier 6 items in particular, which some have gone from 2-3silver, to 25-35 silver. I could have made so much more money, just by waiting…just frustrated is all.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Cool thanks guys… Living in the sticks blows sometimes.

Dexson