Patch Next Week!

Patch Next Week!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yes, we’re in a dead period; however, they’ve explained why we have this dead period. They are focused on China. It’s not like they aren’t giving us new content because they have none. We’ve been told we’ll see content once China launches. So it’s not like we’re in the dark and wonder what’s going on. This was sort to be expected. How in the world did people manage when they had to wait 18 to 24 months for expansions? We can’t even manage like 4 months….

Yes, we want content. Even I am excited for new content to play. However, for the most part people have simply been asking for ‘something to do.’ SAB, BotFW, QG. Busy work. They are giving us precisely what we asked for… something to keep us busy.

I can understand that people want content. I really can. However, people need to be a little less…needy? kitteny? entitled? I really don’t know what to call it/them, they just need to learn some patience.

I agree with you, sort of. I think the problem is that there has been so little communication about the problems and future of the game (the trait system, the megaservers, all of the problems that existed before the feature patch) that this feels like a distraction rather than an acknowledgement of requests.

Again, I’m not complaining here, I think it’s great. I hope they roll straight into SAB after it (though ideally I want SAB and the gauntlet back permanently and think the game would benefit from it). But if a load of people are asking for answers to really serious questions, and you come on stage after weeks of silence and instead of answers offer them something they’ve already had that you took away from them in the first place well… reactions aren’t going to be that positive.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I wasn’t around for it the first time round. Is it worth doing? Can anyone give me a link to info about it, or tell me what it was called last year so I can google it?

Thanks.

If you like jumping puzzles that are gorgeous with completely different movement skills- Bazaar is for you.
If you like farming- Queens Pavilion is for you
If you like one on one challenge Gauntlet is for you

check it out- those were the most popular LS releases.

Gunnar’s Hold

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I agree with you, sort of. I think the problem is that there has been so little communication about the problems and future of the game (the trait system, the megaservers, all of the problems that existed before the feature patch) that this feels like a distraction rather than an acknowledgement of requests.

Again, I’m not complaining here, I think it’s great. I hope they roll straight into SAB after it (though ideally I want SAB and the gauntlet back permanently and think the game would benefit from it). But if a load of people are asking for answers to really serious questions, and you come on stage after weeks of silence and instead of answers offer them something they’ve already had that you took away from them in the first place well… reactions aren’t going to be that positive.

Yeah, it’s a distraction, but being one doesn’t necessarily preclude the other reasons though. It can be a distraction and still be done to fulfill the request. If that makes sense?

Honestly, I don’t think we’ll ever get straight answers to a lot of the questions being posed. Anet simply does not talk to us because we treat them like garbage. (Not everyone obviously, but enough) I can’t really blame them. I mean, they used to be a bit more talkative. Hell, they even tried doing blogs. You can see how that worked out… Put yourself in their shoes. Would you really want to waste your time and effort when all it’s going to amount to is being kittened at? I sure as hell wouldn’t. And yet they still make some attempts, despite it.

I guess I look at it differently is all.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I wasn’t around for it the first time round. Is it worth doing? Can anyone give me a link to info about it, or tell me what it was called last year so I can google it?

Thanks.

If you like jumping puzzles that are gorgeous with completely different movement skills- Bazaar is for you.

I like things to improve my characters and make gold. Is there any of that? Any good loot from stuff, or large bags or something?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

This is cool! I missed this last year. I was on a break.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Does anyone remember what percent MF the buffs in Crown Pavilion gave and if it stacks with other high % boosters? Wondering if I should save all my pvp boxes till then.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

We meet again…

Attachments:

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Patch Next Week!

Morrigan.2809

Thanks.

I like things to improve my characters and make gold. Is there any of that? Any good loot from stuff, or large bags or something?

well Pavilion was all about loot- it was a farmers gold making paradise

if you want to improve builds/skills on individual characters- Gauntlet was all about that

Also defeating Liadri- the final fight in the Gauntlet gave you essentially the most exclusive and coveted mini in the game- I die of righteous envy every time I see a Liadri mini

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Unlike “normal” festivals, queen’s gauntlet (challenging content) and the bazaar (unique, extremely fun, gorgeous explorable map) offer some things that the game, as a whole, is lacking at – or is not as good at. For this reason, those two maps are better as permanent content than temporary, because as long as they exist, they make the game as a whole more interesting.

The only exception is queen’s farming place. Highly desired farming spots are fine as temporary “festival” content.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Thanks.

if you want to improve builds/skills on individual characters- Gauntlet was all about that

Also defeating Liadri- the final fight in the Gauntlet gave you essentially the most exclusive and coveted mini in the game- I die of righteous envy every time I see a Liadri mini

Sounds like the Pavillion is just the thing for me. Thanks.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wonder, when it comes to the Pavilion, if it will be the same farm? It was combat against Scarlet’s agents down in the zerg area, and that doesn’t make story sense any more. I’d question the Crown’s ability to round up piles of Aethers and toss them into gladiatorial combat for the bloodthirsty pleasure of the crowd.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The zerg area wasn’t combat against Scarlet’s agents in the Pavilion, at least, not at first. It was the Queen’s new Watchknights being put into action and tested, under Mesmer magic to make them look like enemies of humanity for the heroes to fight in controlled conditions. It wasn’t until later that Scarlet exercised control over the Watchknights to transform them into her Twisted Watchwork enemies.

With Scarlet dead, Queen Jennah should be able to safely deploy her Watchknights again without the fear of someone taking control of them, meaning that the controlled arena fights can resume.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

While people got a lot of mats and stuff from the Pavillion mobs, most of the big gold farmers were farming gauntlet champs with gambits.

Patch Next Week!

Morrigan.2809

While people got a lot of mats and stuff from the Pavillion mobs, most of the big gold farmers were farming gauntlet champs with gambits.

:P
I was just trying to beat the darn thing- that just makes me feel bad
>.<

Gunnar’s Hold

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

By the end of the Gauntlet, it was nerfed to be once a day per boss, so farming gauntlet champs is likely not going to happen.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The zerg area wasn’t combat against Scarlet’s agents in the Pavilion, at least, not at first. It was the Queen’s new Watchknights being put into action and tested, under Mesmer magic to make them look like enemies of humanity for the heroes to fight in controlled conditions. It wasn’t until later that Scarlet exercised control over the Watchknights to transform them into her Twisted Watchwork enemies.

With Scarlet dead, Queen Jennah should be able to safely deploy her Watchknights again without the fear of someone taking control of them, meaning that the controlled arena fights can resume.

Well, until something/one else takes control of them…

By the end of the Gauntlet, it was nerfed to be once a day per boss, so farming gauntlet champs is likely not going to happen.

Which is how it’ll probably be right off the bat, so there won’t be too much point in doing the pavilion ‘farm’.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: gemmx.8392

gemmx.8392

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS 4 WINDS SANCTUM SPRINT YAAAAAAS

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I don’t think there’ll be any living story content with this update. I think this is just to give us something to chew on. Else, why introduce them out of sequence. Queen’s gauntlet was june last year, and Zephyr was august (I think). I doubt there’ll be new bosses, they don’t even have time to be on the forums, why would they have time to balance test new bosses? I do wonder if there’ll be new achievements. Probably not.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I wonder if there’ll be new Sunbro items along with the return of the old ones.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t think there’ll be any living story content with this update. I think this is just to give us something to chew on. Else, why introduce them out of sequence. Queen’s gauntlet was june last year, and Zephyr was august (I think). I doubt there’ll be new bosses, they don’t even have time to be on the forums, why would they have time to balance test new bosses? I do wonder if there’ll be new achievements. Probably not.

They did say something about there being new stuff though, and hints towards S2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

bleh.. zephyr whatever, queen gauntlet, and adventure box were my 3 least favorite installments.. all i remember is a bunch of tarps everywhere and strangers hawking their weird junk.. the pvp was good, but then again so was snowball mayhem and dragonball.. the rest just seemed like fluff, or chores and there was that gawd awful election.. i liked the queen’s balloons and champs but the pavilion was just.. i’mma use the word bleh again.. anyway, that’s just my opinion.. a lot of people liked it all, hopefully liadri isn’t a carrot on a stick this year.. no, i’m not bitter.. ok, i’m a little bitter but i defeated liadri, got the mini, it wasn’t even that hard.. but i feel bad for a lot of players, the way it was implemented.. mayyybbeee a hard/medium setting this year?? also, i hope liadri maybe has some dialogue or Some sort of lore added? and a gauntlet announcer mini/krewe leader mini would just make my day...
i was getting bored of farming and waiting for laurels to accrue z__z
i wasn’t expecting any updates, but this is something
and bravo on the trailer arena net.. i think it’s the simplest and best one they’ve done !lol

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Yay, can’t wait! Finally get to finish the gauntlet now that I got geared and got good. I have like 400 entrance tickets I’ve been holding on to.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

Dose that mean we can expect a major improvement to the Mega server system. Please?

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

love JPs and Vistas….so really glad this is back. one of my favorite updates from the past.

i just hope the landscape is as visually striking, but altered enough, to make the JP-elements differ enough from the last one. A new track fro the sanctum sprint would be nice too (best mini-game next to SAB).

but can we have some general game/skill/trait bug fixes too?

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

yay, i will finally have something to do. time to log back in, explore, and do some stuff…
time to get more liadris and possibly read all of the whining post in next weeks update.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

(edited by Klonex.4562)

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They did say something about there being new stuff though, and hints towards S2.

I didn’t see any thing like that in the announcement.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Dorian Ordenda.1398

Dorian Ordenda.1398

Old or new content, who cares! This is going to be fun! Can’t wait.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

TL;DR of this thread.
Group 1: Woohoo! Awesome content returning!
Group 2: Awesome content returning? How dare you, Anet. I want new content so I can beat it into the ground and complain about not having any new content.

I’m a part of group 1.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

My favourite event ever. All I can say is, woooooooooooot lol

IMO Bazar should remain as new Lion’s Arch…

Oh, that would just be the BEST

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I didn’t see any thing like that in the announcement.

Yeah, important things like that are treated like nuggets of gold and hidden away on twitter and reddit (and sometimes twitch) instead of on the official site. :\

Another member pointed it out here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Festival-Of-the-Four-Winds/4018553

Yes, they misspelled “incorporate”. That made me chuckle.
Note that the cited source is not directly from Ree herself, but GuildMag saying that Ree stated this. I am not sure if she actually did.

Regarding the “new stuff” (new items/skins/weapons/etc), I do not have a citation for that element of their statement.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s good to have something while we wait

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm … back to waiting.
I guess this would be a good opportunity for people to get more watchwork sprockets/blade shards if they need them?

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

It’s cool that they’re doing some type of update right after the China launch, even if it’s reintroducing old content. I wasn’t here the first time it was released, so I’m more than happy to play it now. I’m also interested in any other changes/fixes coming with the patch… I hope ANet releases some with every update.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Hope I can get a second Liadri… or some other nice token for beating her again. Perhaps a tonic giving your char her dark shroud for some seconds? /suggestion

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Ben.2685

Ben.2685

Hope they implement the pavilion so that there isn’t another 200% inflation, which would probably be compounded even higher by all the zerg trains choochooing around nowadays.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Probably won’t be as bad this time around. They nerfed the raw coin that comes from Champ bags, and they closed the loopholes that allowed people to earn crazy amounts of gold from the Gauntlet.

I’m looking forward to revisiting the Labyrinthine Cliffs and Crown Pavilion. Hopefully it also means another chance to get some of the old skins like the Sovereign Weapons. I’m also looking forward to finally getting that Light Up the Darkness achievement (now that my characters are finally properly geared up!)

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

You think it’ll have the exact same set of achievs? Excluding those, who have already completed them?

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You think it’ll have the exact same set of achievs? Excluding those, who have already completed them?

Sincerely doubt it, they gave us different achievements on both of the only recurring contents we’ve had since launch: Halloween and SAB.

(edited by Karizee.8076)

Patch Next Week!

Zaxares.5419

It could go either way. We do have a dev on record stating that he fully expects the Gauntlet achievements (NOT the Pavilion ones) to return when the Gauntlet comes back. Of course, decisions might have changed between then and now.

And all of the SAB achievements were available again during Back to School, so there’s still reason to be hopeful.

Patch Next Week!

Klonex.4562

Hope I can get a second Liadri… or some other nice token for beating her again. Perhaps a tonic giving your char her dark shroud for some seconds? /suggestion

i would actually enjoy this though for a few minutes instead of seconds. i also hope they won’t nerf her at all.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

God people do y’all want some cheese with all the whining?

In GW1, they ALWAYS brought back festivals year after year and players did look forward to it. The same should be now – this was a fun part of the game and I am looking forward to it.

Recurring celebrations are fine and all, but I would trade in Festival of the Who Gives a kitten for some meaningful, permanent content any day of the week.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

can we farm deadeye pre-nerf again pls…? hahaha

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

I really hope they didn’t make Liadri easier.

Patch Next Week!

Zaxares.5419

They could dump the stupid blackout effect though; everybody just turns off post-processing to stop it happening anyway. :P

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Old stuff and still temporary… meh.

Patch Next Week!

Klonex.4562

i can finally use my huge amount of tickets that i never deleted and buy those nifty skins that i’m missing from the different vendors (even though they cost a ton)

~Krystal <3 Angela ~

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Gauntlet on megaserver probably means we’ll have longer queues at every battledome than we had last year. I hope it won’t get too crazy.

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Inb4 Gauntlet rewards Monocles, Jetpacks, and Scarlet’s Kiss as drops.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

well i just hope you have a lot of time on you’re hands with this update, i liked both area’s last year and it is good to see them coming back..But with megaserver the ground lvl Zerg will be stupid and the queing times for the challenges will be just stupid..not everyone has enough time to just que for too long just 4 one fight then que again for the next..but its a defo case of we shall see with fingers crossed..and good luck to all in the challenge’s

Patch Next Week!

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks.

Sounds like the Pavillion is just the thing for me. Thanks.

Don’t get your hopes up on the Pavilion being the same loot generator it was last time. I am sure it will be considerably nerfed. Besides, the main loot was in the form of T5/6 mats, not actual gold. So, you will need to decide if you want to sell these at reduced prices or hang on to them.

Also, last year while the Pavilion/Gauntlet was going on, we had Scarlet’s invasions at the same time. These spawned hordes of champs with all the associated loot and were a huge source of income.

So much gold flooded into the game during this time, the current economy still reflects this.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver