Patch Notes?

Patch Notes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

LOL, how they all argue over things, where nothing is to argue about and try to basically “force” anet to give out information now, just without a warning behind (or else..)

Can’t you people just accept, that Anet is here the only one with the own right to exactly decide, when the moment is right to give us information, how much information and about which things we get informated??

No ?, if not, then better go play an other game where you think developers do make better information politics about their game and handle communication about their game better..
Seriously, I doubt hard personally, that you’ll find any other game, where devs communicate as much and good with their players, as like here on this forum, or in general over blogs, twitter and what not else all

ANet is one of less game developers, which jumped on the train of being modern in community handling and information politics via using all kinds of possible methods to stay in contact with their community.

We endured years of waiting, with nothing more than a setence saying

“I’ts ready, when it’s done” for the majority of the time we have waited for the game to be released, until they came out with the game the very first time out in a great way in the very first gamescom in Cologne, Germany several years ago.

And they created such massive hype for this game, I’ve never seen before for any other MMO out there and all this only via this 1 sentences all the time back in mind.
We all wanted to see for years, what has become out of “when its ready”

So why the peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep can’t so many people just wait now for a peeeeeeeeeeep day, until a peeeep peeep pewpeeep little update has been launched???

Seriously! coughpeeep ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

guys relax, I’m sure anet has a test server that they first deploy the patch to, then test every single changes that they did. How hard can that be?

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

How about you release patch notes with the stuff you are 100% sure about(balancing, already announced changes/additions) and release other stuff you are not sure about as a surprise content?

That’s exactly what we do—we can’t be 100% sure on ANYTHING until we actually release the update, so we pre-announce nothing.

To everyone here that isn’t a developer – this is called continuous delivery

“Continuous deployment allow software to be developed to a high standard and easily packaged and deployed to test environments, resulting in the ability to rapidly, reliably and repeatedly push out enhancements and bug fixes to customers at low risk and with minimal manual overhead.”

I know that, now explain to me where are the User Acceptance Tests wich should be part of this.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

I’m confused, how do other games release patch notes (or a list of changes NOT related to the TP (or AH)) early then? It has never been an issue with other games as far as I know. I’m also very very confused about how anybody could not be sure what was getting released today. Shouldn’t all of this have been tested, tested, and re-tested before today? If not releasing something is related to the actual process of patching and some error there then isn’t there a method for testing that? I admit you can’t foresee every outcome but within reasonable doubt you can assume most will work before it is ever patched. How much testing actually takes place behind closed doors?

Hey! Guess what: Arena net is not “others games”. Everybody acts as they can and know and thinks is the best. Maybe they do that because they have actually everything done like a week ago and its no problem for them. And that’s because they prepare things differently.

And i’m not saying that that having everything ready before is better. Anet is trying to put all they can in the patch even in the last minute.

Aside from the quote, i love how people knows how to run things better than the company itself.

ps. Man, be happy, i mean, a new patch is coming today and all you can do is complain about it? Then what, the patch is released and you’ll complain about the patch? Are you even happy playing this game? Or you just complain to get some attention from random people? I really ask myself that. :/

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Xavion.6580

Xavion.6580

xavion, your point is pointless. we are here just like everyone else in anticipation of the patch dropping, yet we aren’t pointing a gun at anet’s back demanding notes prior to launch. i’m not fanboi’ing anet in any way, but imagine if there was an angry crowd outside of your workplace demanding something you couldn’t 100% guarantee because of unforeseen complications? how would you feel? not great, i can imagine.

LOL you have no idea how close you just came to my own customers. In my job, information- constant information- is vital to success. Thanks for that.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

I know that, now explain to me where are the User Acceptance Tests wich should be part of this.

Who says they should? Last time I looked Anet owned the game not you. Your paying for the privilage to play THEIR game.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Patch Notes?

Emunator.5371

Who says they should? Last time I looked Anet owned the game not you. Your paying for the privilage to play THEIR game.

I was replying to the smart guy in front of me.
What he was talking about includes User Acceptance Tests.
People should not throw out stuff without thinking about them.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

I’m confused, how do other games release patch notes (or a list of changes NOT related to the TP (or AH)) early then? It has never been an issue with other games as far as I know. I’m also very very confused about how anybody could not be sure what was getting released today. Shouldn’t all of this have been tested, tested, and re-tested before today? If not releasing something is related to the actual process of patching and some error there then isn’t there a method for testing that? I admit you can’t foresee every outcome but within reasonable doubt you can assume most will work before it is ever patched. How much testing actually takes place behind closed doors?

let me illustrate a point that though i didn’t express, it was more a read between the lines thing that ties in succinctly with mark’s official post.

what if a recipe was released in the patch notes that said for ‘x new item,’ you need:

250 powerful sacs of venom
150 mystic coins
200 karka shells
50 globs of ectoplasm

now, as per mark’s post, what if this recipe was not 100% working, yet according to the entitlement whiners here, the patch notes are due NO MATTER THE CONDITION OF THE PATCH ITSELF?

tp manips would go buy up these items furiously and artificially raise prices to astounding levels. then guess what? the recipe DOES NOT WORK.

now 3 things happen here:

1. the manips get kitten at anet, even though it wasn’t their fault. ‘when it’s done, it’s done.’

2. those who needed those mats are punished for the impatience of the people pushing for patch notes.

3. both parties lose confidence in anet’s ability to deliver, EVEN THOUGH IT WASN’T ANET’S FAULT.

gosh people really. learn to be patient.

You should read at least 1 sentence of my post… it would have saved you a lot of time. “or a list of changes NOT related to the TP (or AH)” I fully understand not adding in changes that directly or indirectly relate to the TP, but there are many changes (class, events, etc) that can be disclosed much earlier without much if any problems.

And on this “What if they find a problem 10 minutes before the patch is released” thing: If that happens, there wasn’t decent testing going on. Why are we getting a patch that they aren’t even sure about? Why are we getting a patch that they think might still hold some critical bug? If you aren’t sure (within a reasonable doubt) that this won’t go off without too many hiccups, and you aren’t sure enough to disclose patch info, then it probably hasn’t been tested enough. I do NOT want to be some QA group. That makes the game look like a beta and it shouldn’t be.

i did read and dissect your post. check it out homeslice:

people want stuff that anet is 100% sure about. that includes items.
moving on, everything affects the tp. it may be too subtle for you to notice, but everything links back to it. unless you’re running an ironman style of play, coming into contact with the tp at any given point of play is 100% guaranteed. so even if notes are released without any inference to the tp, you can bet your kitten people are going to interpret whatever they can out of the notes, do some tp manipulating, when it fails, blame anet for an early release of(unfinished or not 100%) notes.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Seriously, guys, some of you must be a real pain for your parents on Christmas Eve.

Patience is a virtue.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Patch Notes?

Xavion.6580

Easy to say…almost as easy as saying “and we are the customers that keep them afloat”.

It’s funny, every time I start a new MMO, I often find myself thinking “oh wow this is cool, probably not going to play anything else for a long time.” Then a year later…

Patch Notes?

Lutharr.1035

sounded to be like ya was basically asking for a PTR like wow has. Which is 99% pointless except for stress testing the server. PTR’s generally work very well only if the players allowed in are selective and are in there to do the job of testing and not freeloading sneek peeks.

Patch Notes?

kiba.2768

xavion, your point is pointless. we are here just like everyone else in anticipation of the patch dropping, yet we aren’t pointing a gun at anet’s back demanding notes prior to launch. i’m not fanboi’ing anet in any way, but imagine if there was an angry crowd outside of your workplace demanding something you couldn’t 100% guarantee because of unforeseen complications? how would you feel? not great, i can imagine.

LOL you have no idea how close you just came to my own customers. In my job, information- constant information- is vital to success. Thanks for that.

my work sector covers customer service occasionally and when i have to deal with ornery people, it is not beneficial to have unconfirmed data to present to dissatisfied customers

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Q&A should be well done before you release a patch date in general. Do not put up hard limits unless you are sure you can make them.

First of all, Q&A stands for Question & Answer. The process of quality assurance (not quality & assurance) is QA.

So, there are two options here:

A) QA test a certain amount and call it “done”. If there are any remaining problems, the public will be the ones to find out.
B) QA test all the way to release, to give a better chance of finding every possible issue.

You’re saying they should do A. From a quality standpoint, which process actually results in a better game?

Why does QA always seem to be the favorite subject of the people who are apparently most ignorant about software development? It’s like a fixation. They can’t help but regurgitate some nonsense they heard somewhere else.

Patch Notes?

Lutharr.1035

Easy to say…almost as easy as saying “and we are the customers that keep them afloat”.

It’s funny, every time I start a new MMO, I often find myself thinking “oh wow this is cool, probably not going to play anything else for a long time.” Then a year later…

Well if your not going to play a game cos of a lack of patch notes before a patch Im sure Anet wont be that concerend about youy not playing anymore since it seems ya would have left sooner rather than later anyways

Patch Notes?

Emunator.5371

Seriously, guys, some of you must be a real pain for your parents on Christmas Eve.

Patience is a virtue.

~MRA

We are not all Americans, the world isnt only the USA.
When they put up 28th of January on their website people world wide should be able to expect it by then.
If they dont want us to think that, they should say “We are expecting the update before 11:59PM PST on January 28th. Dont hang us on that time since maintenance might be extended.”
Now that would be nice to worldwide users, it would be even nicer to read our local times from our browsers (wich is possible) and adjust the time and date mentioned on there website.
Then i would respect it, not ask to many questions and just wait.
Now i would stay up till 03:00 (24 hour format) and go to sleep because the update wouldnt come till at least seven hours after that time.

Patch Notes?

Xavion.6580

my work sector covers customer service occasionally and when i have to deal with ornery people, it is not beneficial to have unconfirmed data to present to dissatisfied customers

Heh, try patching network devices in a major network without giving any advanced information to anyone as to what you are updating or why the network is down. One, I might get fired, and two, my customers will be none too happy. And if things don’t go as advertised? I sent out notifications to all detailing what changed and what didn’t and the plan of action for the hotfixes if any need to get done. Mandatory for my job.

Patch Notes?

Lutharr.1035

Heh, try patching network devices in a major network without giving any advanced information to anyone as to what you are updating or why the network is down. One, I might get fired, and two, my customers will be none too happy. And if things don’t go as advertised? I sent out notifications to all detailing what changed and what didn’t and the plan of action for the hotfixes if any need to get done. Mandatory for my job.

but your job aint working for Anet. So its not comparable here. They work differently, face those facts and move on

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I wish they would just keep all patches and updates secret. At least people would have a real reason to cry.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

Two things:

First, Al Lowe (a former Sierra Online programmer) said a long while ago that he would often be working on features and alterations right up until the discs went for printing (and sometimes during the process itself). Sometimes, a feature has to be removed at the last minute.

Second, I’ve been an EVE Online player for several years; the biggest fiasco CCP ever faced occurred when they promised features they were unable to properly deliver; two hundred people lost their jobs because of the negative backlash from upset fans.

It’s better that ANet doesn’t say anything until they know they can deliver.

Source for the EVE job lost?

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

let me illustrate a point that though i didn’t express, it was more a read between the lines thing that ties in succinctly with mark’s official post.

what if a recipe was released in the patch notes that said for ‘x new item,’ you need:

150 mystic coins
200 karka shells
50 globs of ectoplasm

now, as per mark’s post, what if this recipe was not 100% working, yet according to the entitlement whiners here, the patch notes are due NO MATTER THE CONDITION OF THE PATCH ITSELF?

The thing is though, even without confirmation of recipes, the market is impacted by speculation anyway. Have you seen material prices lately?

Then of course the moment the patch hits, everyone who figures out this recipe in the first 5 minutes will storm the TP and buy up everything that it uses.

Patch Notes?

Xavion.6580

but your job aint working for Anet. So its not comparable here. They work differently, face those facts and move on

This is fact, but that means it’s fact for all previous examples as well.

The point is, in a customer service environment (especially these days) people want to be kept in the loop. Is that really so bad (or hard to compensate for?)

Patch Notes?

kiba.2768

150 mystic coins
200 karka shells
50 globs of ectoplasm

The thing is though, even without confirmation of recipes, the market is impacted by speculation anyway. Have you seen material prices lately?

Then of course the moment the patch hits, everyone who figures out this recipe in the first 5 minutes will storm the TP and buy up everything that it uses.

you missed the point. speculation happens. people lose gold on speculation as well as gain. however, the loss/gain is solely on their shoulders.

when anet ‘guarantees’ an item with a set recipe and if it were known before a patch hit, people would buy up(no longer speculation at this point) all the mats needed for said item. when recipe returns a porous bone instead of new shiny item, be ready for incoming backlash.

so really, it is no longer a question of speculation. it’s more that anet ‘didn’ deliver’ on their patch notes. but whose fault is it really? the whiners who want(incomplete) patch notes. and this is my guess, but it’s because they are NOT impatient. they are tp manips who want to get an early start on making gold off of people who don’t know better.

Patch Notes?

Xavion.6580

Anyways, going to do laundry and play some Dark Souls for a couple hours, I hope the rest of you enjoy your day… even the people I disagree with because I’m just like that.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, not to be a sour puss (and a bit tongue in cheek), but you ‘could’ just not list some things that might not make it, and then later state they are covered by “Fixed various bugs and exploits”, like the ‘jumping enhancement’ and ‘can only preview armor you can wear’? :p

Patch Notes?

Lutharr.1035

This is fact, but that means it’s fact for all previous examples as well.

The point is, in a customer service environment (especially these days) people want to be kept in the loop. Is that really so bad (or hard to compensate for?)

They are keeping people in the loop. hence why folks cant understand the complaing in this thread.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

A PTR would be useless in GW. Anything that could be tested can be tested internally.

For example, how are you going to test overflows? WvW? The trading post? Guesting? PvE or social crossrealm features?

Not to mention framework changes to allow more than one character to have an independent server, making sure a character from ptr cannot guest, make account bound progress, share storage, or mail anything. Those are large changes to core systems in the game to allow public testing in an extremely limited capacity?

There is no benefit to that at all. Especially when the tones of a lot of the people that request it seem to be coming from the desire to get access to stuff earlier instead of legitimately testing. All that results from that is instead of “You said the patch would be the 28th, its the 29th in some countries. LIES!” you would have “You said the PTR was getting the changes on the 14th, it’s the 15th in some part of the world. LIES!”

Anyways, after the thousands of people screaming about launch times and early patch notes for Halloween, Lost Shores and Wintersday, you would figure everyone would get a clue. Anet releases patches to world-wide servers, simultaneously. Patch notes come with the patches. That’s the reality of it. That’s how they have been going things for about 8 years now and it’s not going to change for you. My friendly suggestion is you find another hobby to hold your attention while you wait to scour over patch notes instead of faulting someone else for not catering to your impatience on the internet. Thats going to give you wrinkles.

I hear Whittling is nice. Requires concentration, calms the nerves, and time just flies by. Underwater basket-weaving is also supposed to be good for the soul.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Patch Notes?

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

A PTR would be useless in GW. Anything that could be tested can be tested internally.

For example, how are you going to test overflows? WvW? The trading post? Guesting? PvE or social crossrealm features?

Not to mention framework changes to allow more than one character to have an independent server, making sure a character from ptr cannot guest, make account bound progress, share storage, or mail anything. Those are large changes to core systems in the game to allow public testing in an extremely limited capacity?

There is no benefit to that at all. Especially when the tones of a lot of the people that request it seem to be coming from the desire to get access to stuff earlier instead of legitimately testing. All that results from that is instead of “You said the patch would be the 28th, its the 29th in some countries. LIES!” you would have “You said the PTR was getting the changes on the 14th, it’s the 15th in some part of the world. LIES!”

Anyways, after the thousands of people screaming about launch times and early patch notes for Halloween, Lost Shores and Wintersday, you would figure everyone would get a clue. Anet releases patches to world-wide servers, simultaneously. Patch notes come with the patches. That’s the reality of it. That’s how they have been going things for about 8 years now and it’s not going to change for you. My friendly suggestion is you find another hobby to hold your attention while you wait to scour over patch notes instead of faulting someone else for not catering to your impatience on the internet. Thats going to give you wrinkles.

I hear Whittling is nice. Requires concentration, calms the nerves, and time just flies by. Underwater basket-weaving is also supposed to be good for the soul.

They released a patch that broke JUMPING. I have no respect and even less expectation of results for their “internal testing.”

Patch Notes?

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

1 – it’s questionable at this current state that they test anything rigorously. not too long ago, I found a bug in one of the first game crafting recipes (yup, one of the first 3 you discover) where the recipe was incorrect. That would be easily found by someone on a PTS/PTR or enough testing to see it in the first instance.

2 – What was the last PTS you tried. They don’t have connection to the live servers. I’m not super technical on this, but from what i’ve read from other MMO’s on how they do their PTS, is they throw an image, unconnected to your original character, onto the PTS.
By the sole fact that it’s not connected directly with the original servers (it’s it’s onwn isolated server) means that you can’t trade, mail, party or whatever, with the real servers. In fact, having a PTS for a EU and US side would allow them to continually try to see how guesting works in real time with different hosts as opposed to simulating it on a local server, which doesn’t get the same results all the time.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Patch Notes?

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Man some of you are downright insane. It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so sad and pathetic.

Things change. If Q&A finds an exploit 10 minutes before the patch then they don’t deploy that part of the patch. If something that was supposed to be fixed is somehow broken in another way they pull that part of the patch. It really isn’t rocket science here, heck it isn’t even high school science.

This. Its being worked on live and probably runs similar to a newspaper where theres a deadline and worked on til the last minute. Hell im even glad they update the game so often bc i dont remember gw1 having so much new content without an expasnsion.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: jobah.7241

jobah.7241

Too many kids on this forum don’t have a clue about how things work in real life, or in game development for that matter. None the less – or precisely because of this – you think you know everything.

Please go to your mommy if you have to cry. Why do it on a public forum. You’r embarrassing yourselves.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

We generally don’t release patch information beforehand for the simple reason that things don’t always make it. Sometimes, we have to hold off on a feature at the last minute, and it’s better not to over-promise.

I support your statement, Mr. Vaughn! If Guild Wars 2 were like all the other MMOs out there, and had “Public Test Servers”, then that would be appropriate to post the patch notes of that particular aspect of the game. And, as with every other Test Server, things are subject to change. Entire changes in the patch might be reverted, removed, or even added on to. However, Guild Wars 2 does NOT have a Public Test Server. We have to rely on patience, and intuition, above all things, here in the GW universe, for things to pass. All in good time, my fellow gamers; the patch, as any of the Dev’s would say, will come out when it is ready.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: digitalencore.9620

digitalencore.9620

A lot of people on this thread are assuming that this MMO is programmed just like any other MMO.

News Flash: It’s not.

The fact that this game does not have a subscription model forces the devs to program the entire game in a radically different light. After the box is sold, they may never see another dime out of that particular player. This changes much about how they develop server technology to handle the playerbase.

Another note on internal testing:

You develop a game for the 360. You see a bug/a bug is reported, and you hash out the fix. The update is pushed within 48 hours of release, and problem is solved. Because you CAN. You work on ONE platform, both hardware and software — Xbox.

You develop a game for PC. You intentionally try to make the game consume as few resources as possible to reach the widest PC audience as possible. This means thousands upon thousands of combinations of hardware and software. You see a bug/a bug is reported. You now have to be able to reproduce said bug that may only show up on a few different setups of those thousands of possibilities. Even if you had over a thousand different computers to test this on, you’ve only reached a fraction of the possibilities of setups out there. You have to find a way to solve this problem without having the hard, concrete evidence that you require to be 100% sure.

I don’t blame ANet for not releasing patch notes up front, or testing without end up to patch release. There are some bugs I do think should have been solved a long time ago, but that’s a different matter all together.

Bronn Wolfbourne — Ranger
Get of Fenris (GoF)

Patch Notes?

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

We generally don’t release patch information beforehand for the simple reason that things don’t always make it. Sometimes, we have to hold off on a feature at the last minute, and it’s better not to over-promise.

I support your statement, Mr. Vaughn! If Guild Wars 2 were like all the other MMOs out there, and had “Public Test Servers”, then that would be appropriate to post the patch notes of that particular aspect of the game. And, as with every other Test Server, things are subject to change. Entire changes in the patch might be reverted, removed, or even added on to. However, Guild Wars 2 does NOT have a Public Test Server. We have to rely on patience, and intuition, above all things, here in the GW universe, for things to pass. All in good time, my fellow gamers; the patch, as any of the Dev’s would say, will come out when it is ready.

Sure, they’d have to write some element of patches down the line, but for an instance such as this the patch notes are pretty much:
“PTS is now at the most current build”

When they say they’re testing something on the server (which will be at random times across the game’s livespan) they’d have notes up, in the PTS forum. It requires the same effort to post the notes as it does to tell the testing team, “hey, we’re testing this now”

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

Guys relax. There are still more than 11 hours left of the 28th (PST), so don’t set your expectations high between now and then. When it arrives you can kitten about AoE nerfs.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Translation: we PLAN to not meet all of our goals for each patch.

That’s sort of sad.

Why not just release the patch notes with the caveat that there is no guarantee we made all of the changes? Then a short time after the patch goes live have a community rep report back with the revised patch notes.

…or better yet just QA in house so you won’t have to make these excuses. ;-)

I love GW2, but the whole online forums, patch notes, etc. is a mess. The only thing half-way decent is the wiki, but I bet you guys write the wiki first and then develop from that, huh? lol

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Patience is a virtue.

~MRA

We are not all Americans, the world isnt only the USA.
When they put up 28th of January on their website people world wide should be able to expect it by then.
If they dont want us to think that, they should say “We are expecting the update before 11:59PM PST on January 28th. Dont hang us on that time since maintenance might be extended.”
Now that would be nice to worldwide users, it would be even nicer to read our local times from our browsers (wich is possible) and adjust the time and date mentioned on there website.
Then i would respect it, not ask to many questions and just wait.
Now i would stay up till 03:00 (24 hour format) and go to sleep because the update wouldnt come till at least seven hours after that time.

That seems like more of an American point of view “my time is the only time” guess that globalization for you.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

Looks like half of the people playing this game just live so that they can complain about something lol

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Second, I’ve been an EVE Online player for several years; the biggest fiasco CCP ever faced occurred when they promised features they were unable to properly deliver; two hundred people lost their jobs because of the negative backlash from upset fans.

Spreading mis-information won’t help. Players rioted CCP over the cash shop and the leaked internal documents showing a pay to win model was in the works (golden ammo). The forums were ablaze with hundreds of people threatening to cancel subscriptions for all of their accounts.

Hilmar CCP’s CEO then got arrogant and announced at a trade show that the fans were just up in arms and that he would “watch what they do, not what they say” regarding EVE hemorrhaging subscriptions.

This all lead to a full scale exodus of subscriptions, within days Hilmar was back peddling with offers of apology and the CSM (EVE’s democratically elected players who represent player interestes at CCP’s tables) were flow from around the world to Iceland to attend an emergency summit.

The culmination was that the players wanted less pay to win, CCP had less captial to work on its nex MMO due to the loss of EVE subscribers. Also during the CSM summit it was brought to light players wanted a return to EVE’s core values so the team working on the Walking In Stations + the team worknig on CCP’s next mmo were mostly axed.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Hakuichi.8253

Hakuichi.8253

Jeffrey:

How about you release patch notes with the stuff you are 100% sure about(balancing, already announced changes/additions) and release other stuff you are not sure about as a surprise content?

That actually sounds brilliant! It’s a win/win!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/

^ you can call that pre-patch notes if you want

(edited by Hakuichi.8253)

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

What about releasing "pre"patch notes with sign that its not final version and anything can be changed?

all is vain

Patch Notes?

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

anet staff does a great job with updates. i fyou played gw1 you will know how it works for anet. also how they are unlike most other companys..
they do alot of testing . then once they fill its up to par they release it to us. day of patching is a very busy time for anet. they do last min checks . then they wait to see if any issues come up. after loading on live server some things can glitch or mess up sometimes. even when it was ok on the test server. thast why they stay at office late on patch days. to review and make sure everything goes smoothly. if not the find the issue and fix it asap. instead of waiting days or week ’s

Patch Notes?

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Jeffrey:

That is not a page with patch notes. That is a page with vague marketing to promote GW2.

It’s pretty darn shady in the MMO business not to have patch notes released right before a patch. A week is fine. A couple days, ok, though we’re getting close. But same day and no patch notes? Shady.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Fair enough on company response, but please actually
include ALL of the changes made in the patch notes.

Patch Notes?

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Jeffrey:

That is not a page with patch notes. That is a page with vague marketing to promote GW2.

It’s pretty darn shady in the MMO business not to have patch notes released right before a patch. A week is fine. A couple days, ok, though we’re getting close. But same day and no patch notes? Shady.

this is no way shady at all. would you rather then release patch notes. then when patch day comes and somehting messes up and they have to remove a certain part. then your al QQ QQ but you said your doing this and that why isnt it in the update it was in the notes. sorry alot of other games promise patch notes and give them . then there is alot missing on patch day. so i rather them release notes after patch

Patch Notes?

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager