Patch Notes up! Discussions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Did few tries, Ectos seems to yeld 1 to 3 T6 Dust.
Also, seems that the very lowest roll is 1 Ecto = 1 T6 dust so far, no fail in salvage neither rolling T5 dust.
Used a Master Salvage Kit.

I suggest you to farm even more the boss events for rares. Or CoF P1.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Price of ecto jumped from 18.5s to 26.8
Price of Crystalline Dust jumped from 39s to 16s O_O
Master Tuning Crystal jumped from 18s to 18.3s :P what’s the new recipes? did the requirements for these just go from 1→2 ?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

So that’s a loss of 60G per stack.

I think they actually over did this. The ratio is anywhere from 1:1 to 1:4. That’s a lot.

Remember when they came out with increased drop rate of moldy bags, and it crashed the market for t6 for a bit? Then they came out with a patch to fix it?

I think they’re gonna do the same here. Probably reduce the ratio in the range of 1:1 to 1:2

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I think they actually over did this. The ratio is anywhere from 1:1 to 1:4. That’s a lot.

Remember when they came out with increased drop rate of moldy bags, and it crashed the market for t6 for a bit? Then they came out with a patch to fix it?

I think they’re gonna do the same here. Probably reduce the ratio in the range of 1:1 to 1:2

Mass increase to lower prices, small tweak to get the price where they want.. perfect set up. I do feel bad for people who hoarded such as yourself, that stuff can ruin games for people.

It is really nice to see ectos become “useful” again, sadly CoF P1 and meta event farming is really the only way to produce these kind of items and that sucks.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Best I got was 5 dusts from an ecto lol.

It took around 130 ectos to get a stack of dusts.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Moa racing a bit disappointing. 50 silver a bet and it is hard to even see the race unless you run along behind and follow.

The Burninator

Vol.5241

Mass increase to lower prices, small tweak to get the price where they want.. perfect set up. I do feel bad for people who hoarded such as yourself, that stuff can ruin games for people.

It is really nice to see ectos become “useful” again, sadly CoF P1 and meta event farming is really the only way to produce these kind of items and that sucks.

I really think they should adjust slowly rather than adjust quickly then react to fix things. Leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths. Start off with a 1:1 and then if it needs to drop more, increase to 1:3…

BTW I didn’t invest too much in Dust, I was just holding my accumulated dusts since Malchor farm.

But I went all out on Elaborate Totems and Powerful Venom Sacs. I bought 1000g worth.

I hope nothing bad happens to them ;|

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I really think they should adjust slowly rather than adjust quickly then react to fix things. Leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths. Start off with a 1:1 and then if it needs to drop more, increase to 1:3…

BTW I didn’t invest too much in Dust, I was just holding my accumulated dusts since Malchor farm.

But I went all out on Elaborate Totems and Powerful Venom Sacs. I bought 1000g worth.

I agree, a more even handed approach would probably work better. And this is coming from someone who actually profited from the change.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

based on another thread, looks like BLSK and MSK return about 2.05 dust per ecto on average, Basic SK returns about 1.6. that would make Master SK the most profitable.

I would of preferred to have seen “salvage an ecto into a random fine T6 material”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You do need to consider that significantly cheaper T6 dust prices makes the up-convert recipe for the other T6 materials more meaningful. I wouldn’t be surprised to see other T6 go down slightly in response to Dust going down.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Vol.5241

You do need to consider that significantly cheaper T6 dust prices makes the up-convert recipe for the other T6 materials more meaningful. I wouldn’t be surprised to see other T6 go down slightly in response to Dust going down.

Well darnit

Looks like my 1000g investment may go down a few hundred g

[Permabanned on Forums]

Feed Me Change.6528

Agree. But with the INSANE amount of negative publicity they had to make a change. It looks like its a 1:2 ratio so far so the next week should be interesting to see where the prices end up. I think ectos and dust will do the exact opposite, up/down first and then down/up later. People will hit meta events hard for both globs and dust, it will take a little while for the supplies to level out.

Lol why totems/venom sacs? Just ignoring the fact you have 1kG to throw around..

T5s should go up though, which is nice.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

•Globs of Ectoplasm can now be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust. This change should help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust.
•Master Tuning Crystals, Master Maintenance Oil, and Superior Sharpening Stone recipes now take more Piles of Crystalline Dust to craft. This change is to help these consumables maintain a high value with the new influx of dust.

This makes no sense. Here! Have more glittering dust! Oh yeah, all prices have gone up so you are in the exact same boat you were before!

Rising Dusk.2408

How much did those crafting recipes change, by the way? I think depending on what the change is, they still might become cheaper anyway. If nothing else, at least the T5 dust sharpening stones and things will get much, much cheaper.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Vol.5241

Agree. But with the INSANE amount of negative publicity they had to make a change. It looks like its a 1:2 ratio so far so the next week should be interesting to see where the prices end up. I think ectos and dust will do the exact opposite, up/down first and then down/up later. People will hit meta events hard for both globs and dust, it will take a little while for the supplies to level out.

Lol why totems/venom sacs? Just ignoring the fact you have 1kG to throw around..

T5s should go up though, which is nice.

Totems I’m going off on history. I remember it was one of the few T6 mats (other than Blood) that went as high as 28s. I was hoping it’d go up to at least 22s.

Sacs are a supply issue. They only drop off of wraiths, spiders and ghosts, the latter only in WvW.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

•Globs of Ectoplasm can now be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust. This change should help Globs of Ectoplasm maintain a strong value in the economy and lower the cost of Crystalline Dust.
•Master Tuning Crystals, Master Maintenance Oil, and Superior Sharpening Stone recipes now take more Piles of Crystalline Dust to craft. This change is to help these consumables maintain a high value with the new influx of dust.

This makes no sense. Here! Have more glittering dust! Oh yeah, all prices have gone up so you are in the exact same boat you were before!

Anet giveth and Anet taketh away. It has been this way since the beginning.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Well price of ALL T6 mats might drop a little.

Manly, because now that T6 Dust is no longer out of control, the transmutation at MForge makes sense again.

I personally was sitting on quite a few stacks of various T5 mats because transmuting wasn’t profitable.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The salvaging ecto to dust is a very clever solution…well done to whoever thought that up…

The Wxp reset and another slight nerf to ac’s in WvW is good, but ac’s still might be OP, we will see…

The new rock formation in Gendarrin Fields…errrm…big DRAGON BOSS coming out to play? We can only hope…

All the Dragon festival stuff looks/sounds fun…

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Help me please!! i cant get to dragon ball, please explain what is mystic court and how do iget there

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

sigh. another set of skins I won’t be getting. This is disappointing.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Rising Dusk.2408

Sacs are a supply issue. They only drop off of wraiths, spiders and ghosts, the latter only in WvW.

And, you know, Reef Riders, of which there is no shortage in SSC.

Vol.5241

That too, but I have confidence that reef riders will not be farmable enough to compensate for the shelt/pen nerfs

I mixed up dust and sacs..dust only drops from wraiths & ghosts

[Permabanned on Forums]

Rising Dusk.2408

That too, but I have confidence that reef riders will not be farmable enough to compensate for the shelt/pen nerfs

I don’t know, have you checked the karka queen meta chain? Tons of reef riders which drop loot pop during those events in squads of ~8-12 depending on the number of players. The last time I did the meta chain I got something like 24 venom sacs for little effort. Granted, this was with a free 200% MF, so who knows what it’ll look like now.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Im sure everyone upon logging in went “omg new stuff” , i however as my first act of logging in was to see what remained of the last patch. To my surprise most was left in the game however one thing…..crab toss

What is the purpose of removing the mini game? What is it you hope to gain ? There still exists the area that crab toss resided in….so why is the mini game gone. Why is such things removed? What would it of harmed if it stayed in? Why are resources wasted if its not going to stay?

As you can tell im a little angry about this, unlike the F&F dungeon which was at the very least story restricted from staying in. This is not

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Im sure everyone upon logging in went “omg new stuff” , i however as my first act of logging in was to see what remained of the last patch. To my surprise most was left in the game however one thing…..crab toss

What is the purpose of removing the mini game? What is it you hope to gain ? There still exists the area that crab toss resided in….so why is the mini game gone. Why is such things removed? What would it of harmed if it stayed in? Why are resources wasted if its not going to stay?

As you can tell im a little angry about this, unlike the F&F dungeon which was at the very least story restricted from staying in. This is not

I have a feeling they are showcasing all their mini games this year to release a “mini-game pack” in the TP. Something like 10 mini games you have access to for 2k gems. I really wouldn’t put it past them.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Vol.5241

I don’t know, have you checked the karka queen meta chain? Tons of reef riders which drop loot pop during those events in squads of ~8-12 depending on the number of players. The last time I did the meta chain I got something like 24 venom sacs for little effort. Granted, this was with a free 200% MF, so who knows what it’ll look like now.

Yeah, i’ve been farming it too but I usually stick to the karka side so I get bloods.

We would have to assume that:
-mobs in southsun lose their enraged buff
-events in southsun stay as it is (remember how they removed the instigator event as the story moved along?)

Either way, I still don’t see it as being as rewarding as shelt/pen has ever been.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because there’s a new mini game, and splitting the population among 87 minigames would mean not enough people to play each one.

If Anet left everything in the game, the population would end up massively divided.

Warruz.8096

Because there’s a new mini game, and splitting the population among 87 minigames would mean not enough people to play each one.

If Anet left everything in the game, the population would end up massively divided.

I dont know how to even respond to this, so what if there is a new mini game? Should we get rid of kegbrawl then? Dragon Ball is a holiday mini game, it will be back again. When Wintersday, Halloween , and SAB where around did we remove kegbrawl? There is only 1 mini game in the game that isnt holiday specific and thats kegbrawl, i highly doubt that crab toss would destroy everything.

Vayne.8563

I dont know how to even respond to this, so what if there is a new mini game? Should we get rid of kegbrawl then? Dragon Ball is a holiday mini game, it will be back again. When Wintersday, Halloween , and SAB where around did we remove kegbrawl? There is only 1 mini game in the game that isnt holiday specific and thats kegbrawl, i highly doubt that crab toss would destroy everything.

It doesn’t matter how you respond to it. You’ve played other MMOs?

In every MMO there are empty older content areas sitting there, particularly multiplayer ones. The popular new areas get traffic, the old ones sit there. Anet’s solution to this is not to let stuff get old. That’s not to say crab toss can’t make a comeback one day, but I will tell you this.

With everyone off doing the new dragon stuff, you’d likely be sitting there alone anyway.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I like how they fixed the dust crisis that was nice of them.

I also like how they have a higher drop rate for boxes this time and have expanded it to everywhere so people aren’t stuck in one zone farming the things.

Now if only they’d do something about lodestones and other extremely rare T6 materials and the tendency to have only 1 option for farming gold CoF P1 that would solve two of the loot problems.

Then the only problem to fix after that would be permanent content.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

“General

Added a new combat/movement toggle option: “Right-Click to Attack/Interact”.

Single best feature updated since launch, IMO. About time.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Feed Me Change.6528

I like how they fixed the dust crisis that was nice of them.

I also like how they have a higher drop rate for boxes this time and have expanded it to everywhere so people aren’t stuck in one zone farming the things.

Now if only they’d do something about lodestones and other extremely rare T6 materials and the tendency to have only 1 option for farming gold CoF P1 that would solve two of the loot problems.

Then the only problem to fix after that would be permanent content.

They said in another topic that they were working on reworking almost all of the loot mechanics this summer… I know Vol as it somewhere…

EDIT: found it https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/T6-Dust-Crisis/page/7#post2193354

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Lol, definitely more fun that some other events I won’t mention :P

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

bought 450 ectos before the patch. was a good buy.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Unless cofp1 changed too, I can’t see any reason to do any other PvE content at all with this change. It drops t5 bags, gold, and ecto from the tokens. Get your dust and just upgrade all your T5 you want and never leave fireheart rise except to do the forging(can even do this in your server’s borderland usually).

I hope WvW can drop dragon coffers, I did the southsun stuff for exactly as long as it took to get the back skins.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

If they improved the chances of the store-bough coffers dropping weapon skin tickets… I will need to see some numbers before I buy anything.

I really fancy the jade weapon skins, and I understand getting them from drops isn’t likely.

:\

Honestly, there is literally nothing in the game that they could put in one of those boxes to entice me to buy gems and play their lottery game.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

“•A new rock formation now appears in the Gendarran Fields.”

I don’t know about you guys, but how is this relevant? Could this be a hint towards the next Living Story?

It is relevant. It seems something is living inside of this mountain. You see steam or breath clipping through the side of the mountain as if something is breathing inside of it, along with a large pipe out the back. My guess is that something is gonna go down by the end of this. The protesters to the event may be foreshadowing something too.

Steaming pulsing through the mountain side, almost as breath : http://i.imgur.com/UVaKXvU.jpg

The pipe out the back:

http://i.imgur.com/ebs1dgS.jpg

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

That’s right, and divided we fall!

If only you’d been there at the beginning to warn Anet against making so many extraneous and divisive zones. Kryta, Maguuma, the Shiverpeaks, Ascalon – it’s too much! Just think how much better off we’d all be if there was just, oh, I don’t know, Queensdale, with everyone playing there. Even with that, Queensdale is pretty big. People can be scattered far and wide and maybe not see each other for entire seconds at a time. It should probably have been a quarter of the size. Yes. That would have been better for everyone.

(There is no excuse for temporary non-seasonal content.)

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

It took me just a few minutes of playing to find a massive amount of new and old gamebreaking bugs and exploits. This is probably one of the worst lows in GW2’s already impressive history of broken updates. Shame on you ANet. Shame on you. And especially on your QA. Thanks to Glassdoor, at least we now know why your QA is so inferior.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

New rock formation in Gendarran fields, and no information beyond that mention… anyone else curious?

this,anyone?
/char

I am thinking Elder Dragon..

I’ve been speculating that at the conclusion of this event, we’ll have a dragon invade Lion’s Arch, leading us to the next Living Story

Oh, I would love this irony. But, judging by some data mined spoilers on Reddit it has to do with something else.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I didn’t cash out on my dust To be honest I didn’t think they would implement this, I feel really stupid for not considering it.

I cashed out all but one stack, which I only held onto because I really didn’t expect Anet to address the issue with this patch.

Warruz.8096

In every MMO there are empty older content areas sitting there, particularly multiplayer ones. The popular new areas get traffic, the old ones sit there. Anet’s solution to this is not to let stuff get old. That’s not to say crab toss can’t make a comeback one day, but I will tell you this.

With everyone off doing the new dragon stuff, you’d likely be sitting there alone anyway.

And after Dragon Bash?

Vayne.8563

If only you’d been there at the beginning to warn Anet against making so many extraneous and divisive zones. Kryta, Maguuma, the Shiverpeaks, Ascalon – it’s too much! Just think how much better off we’d all be if there was just, oh, I don’t know, Queensdale, with everyone playing there. Even with that, Queensdale is pretty big. People can be scattered far and wide and maybe not see each other for entire seconds at a time. It should probably have been a quarter of the size. Yes. That would have been better for everyone.

Just because you can make fun of what I’m ‘saying doesn’t make you right. Direct quote from Anet about how they’re not going to make expansions (when they finally do) the way they did in Guild Wars 1 because it divided the player base too much. Anet said it, I didn’t.

Anet also said there would be less PvP types in this game in the original and one of the reasons was, survey says, it divided the player base too much.

It’s not unreasonable for me to suppose that MAYBE since they’ve already quoted it about two other things, that it might be that they don’t keep the old content because it might divide the player base too much.

YOU may not think that’s enough of a reason to make certain design decisions. Clearly Anet does.

Vayne.8563

And after Dragon Bash?

After Dragon Bash we move onto the next chapter. And the next after that. Some content, like the Moa Races will stay. More permanent content will come down the line as well, but obviously Anet doesn’t think the mini-games would be well attended if they left 50 of them out. Even Keg Brawl is completely dead on days that there’s no daily for it.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Just because you can make fun of what I’m ‘saying doesn’t make you right.

Doesn’t make me wrong, either.

What’s the problem with dividing the player base? There should be no problem, unless the player base is (gasp!) too small and/or steadily (perish the thought!) shrinking. Which, of course, isn’t the case here, is it? We’ve got tons and tons of players on each and every server and more tons coming in every day. Right?

Anyway, just join a guild! That will fix everything.

Direct quote from Anet about how they’re not going to make expansions (when they finally do) the way they did in Guild Wars 1 because it divided the player base too much. Anet said it, I didn’t.

See above re: player base. And no, however beside the point it may be, they probably won’t make stand-alone campaigns (what you seem to be referring to as ‘expansions’) for GW2.

Anet also said there would be less PvP types in this game in the original and one of the reasons was, survey says, it divided the player base too much.

Anet also said they don’t make grindy games. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

It’s not unreasonable for me to suppose that MAYBE since they’ve already quoted it about two other things, that it might be that they don’t keep the old content because it might divide the player base too much.

See above re: player base.

YOU may not think that’s enough of a reason to make certain design decisions. Clearly Anet does.

Clearly, the game needs to grow. A lot. With a steady influx of new and permanent and (gasp!) quality content. People who return to the game after a break should be returning to a much bigger game than the game they left. Otherwise, apart from perhaps indulging in nostalgia, what’s the point of coming back?

Which of the following scenarios seems more likely:

Potential Returning Player: “Haven’t played GW2 in a while, wonder what’s happening over there. Oh, look, more temporary content with something vaguely resembling a story and more RNG inside RNG skins! I can’t wait to log in and play again!”

Potential Returning Player: “Haven’t played GW2 in a while, wonder what’s happening over there. Oh, look, new zones to explore, new professions to play with new weapons for the new professions and hey, new weapons for the old professions, too! New missions, new dungeons, new game mechanics! So much new stuff along with all the old stuff I loved so well before I got burned out on it. I can’t wait to log in play again!”

The table is a fable.

Vayne.8563

Doesn’t make me wrong, either.

What’s the problem with dividing the player base? There should be no problem, unless the player base is (gasp!) too small and/or steadily (perish the thought!) shrinking. Which, of course, isn’t the case here, is it? We’ve got tons and tons of players on each and every server and more tons coming in every day. Right?

Anyway, just join a guild! That will fix everything.

Direct quote from Anet about how they’re not going to make expansions (when they finally do) the way they did in Guild Wars 1 because it divided the player base too much. Anet said it, I didn’t.

See above re: player base. And no, however beside the point it may be, they probably won’t make stand-alone campaigns (what you seem to be referring to as ‘expansions’) for GW2.

Anet also said they don’t make grindy games. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

See above re: player base.

Clearly, the game needs to grow. A lot. With a steady influx of new and permanent and (gasp!) quality content. People who return to the game after a break should be returning to a much bigger game than the game they left. Otherwise, apart from perhaps indulging in nostalgia, what’s the point of coming back?

Which of the following scenarios seems more likely:

Potential Returning Player: “Haven’t played GW2 in a while, wonder what’s happening over there. Oh, look, more temporary content with something vaguely resembling a story and more RNG inside RNG skins! I can’t wait to log in and play again!”

Potential Returning Player: “Haven’t played GW2 in a while, wonder what’s happening over there. Oh, look, new zones to explore, new professions to play with new weapons for the new professions and hey, new weapons for the old professions, too! New missions, new dungeons, new game mechanics! So much new stuff along with all the old stuff I loved so well before I got burned out on it. I can’t wait to log in play again!”

I honestly don’t think Anet has a big enough staff to produce an entire zone and more quality content fast enough for anyone. The content comes out, people burn through it and go away again. That’s your solution.

This solution attracts a different kind of player. The question is are more players in your boat or this boat. I don’t think either of us have an answer.

The same with the divide the playerbase issue. Most games don’t have to worry about a divided player base, because everyone is sitting in the last zone or the last couple of zones. This game has a bit more freedom than that. You can go anywhere, hang out anywhere and still play.

So dividing the player base in this game is very different than dividing the player base in other games.

At any rate, I’m not so sure convention wisdom works anymore in MMOs. Since everyone does the same general stuff, if someone doesn’t break that mold, the player base of all MMOs will just get more and more divided.

You think most people hate the living story, but we don’t really know that. I know that every time there is an update I see tons of people logging back in.

If they waited until they could put out an expansion, would that still be the case?