Patch Today: Key Farming Impacted

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

If you now tell me you would never pay $40 for black lion keys with money you earned the hard way in 4 hours as cleaner, why would you tell me you waste 12 hours of your life time by clicking through a computer program to get the same amount of keys? 4 hours as cleaner more wasted than 12 hours as nothing? This alone should tell you that you should never started farming in the first place.

How very clever. But then again, what you refer to as “clicking through a computer program”, other people refer to as “playing a game”.

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Anet is about to learn the same lesson other game devs/pubs, the film industry, and the music industry have learned (or failed to learn in many cases). Someone getting a product for free, does not equal a lost sale. A lot of pirates would have never actually bought a game/song/movie, just like a lot of key farmers will never buy a BL key.

Anet can try to strong-arm us into buying keys all the want, but they’re going to find out that they’re the ones being strong-armed when the players simply refuse to bother with their RNG box weapon skins. Unfortunately, for us and them, Anet doesn’t like to back down from their dumb decisions, so we all get to suffer the consequences. They still won’t get any money out of keys, and we’ll never have BL weapon skins obtainable after the existing supply dries up.

Sadly tho they may actually make more money out of this however. How so? Well those players who DO spend real cash to buy keys may now do so more often as they will start to make a lot more in game cash out of it. How so? You just watch these skins skyrocket, it’s gonna be win win for people who spend real cash. I think this is the point here, entice those who already do buy keys to buy them a lot more often.

Yesterday I was speaking to one such player in map chat who admitted he buys keys a lot as well as a lot of other things from the gem store. His comment on this whole situation is that he approves as it gives those players who spend real money on keys more power and takes it out of the hands of those who do not spend real cash. I can see his point, so I’m not sure yet if this will be win win or lose lose for anet. I think probably slightly a little bit more win win.

So summary I say it again – I think this game has just become pay to gamble to win.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

How did I know this thread was going to be created, ANet never intended for people to get keys so easily, maybe instead of boosting a toon to 10 and getting a key, you all can now start playing the game and perhaps one will drop?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

How did I know this thread was going to be created, ANet never intended for people to get keys so easily, maybe instead of boosting a toon to 10 and getting a key, you all can now start playing the game and perhaps one will drop?

Mmmh i only hope that i dont read your name in context with future arguing about : “why anet are the bltc skyrocketing now?”

We will see if the drop rate really can offset guys that farm for 3,50$/hour this keys and balanced in my opinion the new 1 bltc ticket skins.

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Because everyone that’s been doing keyruns did nothing else. Just keyruns. Right.

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

The future of GW2 is “lock down the game to force f2p people to spend $.” Enjoy.

Zaron.1987

The future of GW2 is “lock down the game to force f2p people to spend $.” Enjoy.

remove the paragraph f2p and it could tell the truth

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Players who farmed keys because they were too expensive to buy, cannot do math. It’s about the worst time investment you can make.
I was told you were able to get about 3 keys per hour. One key costs 90 gems if you buy 5. This is 90*1.25cent = $1.125. Per hour $3.375.

You are farming for the equivalent of $3,35 hourly wage. I don’t know how you get paid in your country, but here in Germany a cleaner for your household gets about 10 Euro per hour (assume $1=1Euro).

If you go farming keys for 12 hours, you get 3*12=36 keys.
But if you go working as cleaner for only 4 hours, you get $40, which also gets you about 36 keys. For the remaining 8 hours, you can go playing Guild Wars 2 and do whatever you like – you don’t have to waste your time and create and delete characters the whole day.

If you now tell me you would never pay $40 for black lion keys with money you earned the hard way in 4 hours as cleaner, why would you tell me you waste 12 hours of your life time by clicking through a computer program to get the same amount of keys? 4 hours as cleaner more wasted than 12 hours as nothing? This alone should tell you that you should never started farming in the first place.

Gee, why I’m playing a video games then, I should go work more instead. Such waste of time, oh my.

Most dumb logic I ever seen.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

What is there not to understand? You may not agree with it, but it’s easy to understand.

Players think the process to obtain Black Lion Skins is too expensive, and they don’t feel that other things you get from black lion chest make up for it.

Players who farmed keys because they were too expensive to buy, cannot do math. It’s about the worst time investment you can make.
I was told you were able to get about 3 keys per hour. One key costs 90 gems if you buy 5. This is 90*1.25cent = $1.125. Per hour $3.375.

You are farming for the equivalent of $3,35 hourly wage. I don’t know how you get paid in your country, but here in Germany a cleaner for your household gets about 10 Euro per hour (assume $1=1Euro).

But if you go working as cleaner for only 4 hours, you get $40, which also gets you about 36 keys. For the remaining 8 hours, you can go playing Guild Wars 2 and do whatever you like – you don’t have to waste your time and create and delete characters the whole day.

Personally, I haven’t farmed a Black Lion key ever since they changed the requirement to level 10.

I have a few opinions about this, just because someone views something as too expensive does not mean they don’t have the money to buy it, they could just view it as too expensive. I think mcdonalds is too expensive for what they offer, I have the money to eat McD everyday, but yeah…

Then there is time constraints and commitment, if someone randomly wants $40 of keys, using your suggestion they would have to go out and look for a second job, then commit themselves to that second job, even though all they wanted was $40. They could quit after 1 or 2 days of work, but that would probably be bad for them in the long run.

With key farming someone could wake up one Sat morning and be like, “Oh, I have nothing to do this Sat morning, let’s farm some keys!” Then be done with it until they decide to do it again a couple months later.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This statement may hold weight, if they had removed the keys when key farming became mainstream, fact is its been in game well over a year, and now it gets nerfed, seems kind of strange, was there really that many key farmers upsetting the balance….doubtful, its pretty clear its a use gems to get keys, like its been stated before they should have made the keys cheap, maybe 25gems each, and they would have seen the sales come in, but 125 gems for a key that gives crap from a chest, come on.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

This statement may hold weight, if they had removed the keys when key farming became mainstream, fact is its been in game well over a year, and now it gets nerfed, seems kind of strange, was there really that many key farmers upsetting the balance….doubtful, its pretty clear its a use gems to get keys, like its been stated before they should have made the keys cheap, maybe 25gems each, and they would have seen the sales come in, but 125 gems for a key that gives crap from a chest, come on.

It’s even worse, because Anet has acknowledged the key farming and said they were fine with it. They even intentionally left it in when they did the last set of NPE changes to story rewards and pacing (locking chapter 1 till level 10).

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Can someone elaborate on when the “once a week” limitation actually rolls over?

For example, I just started a new engineer alt this week and as of late last night (after the server reset), completed that first chapter of the PS and received a key. So going by server rest I did that on today, Wednesday.

Does that mean for my next alt, I have to wait to complete the first PS on or later than next Wednesday, or is it literally a week and I need to wait until at least Thursday?

Thanks!

(edited by MorganOneNine.1025)

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

What is there not to understand? You may not agree with it, but it’s easy to understand.

Players think the process to obtain Black Lion Skins is too expensive, and they don’t feel that other things you get from black lion chest make up for it.

Many people in the u.s make just over 7 dollars an hour. It all depends on how you value your time off and what you make make while working. Single people who make less and have less responsibilities may think it’s a better investment to spend some of their free time farming as opposed to buying everything with cash. Doctor’s who make over 100k a year and have many responsibilities may find their limited personal time more valuable so they’re willing to fork out the cash. It’s economic, not poor math.

Zaron.1987

Many people in the u.s make just over 7 dollars an hour. It all depends on how you value your time off and what you make make while working. Single people who make less and have less responsibilities may think it’s a better investment to spend some of their free time farming as opposed to buying everything with cash. Doctor’s who make over 100k a year and have many responsibilities may find their limited personal time more valuable so they’re willing to fork out the cash. It’s economic, not poor math.

also: if i wake up at 3 am …..mhhhh cant sleep. lets do a quick 18 min key run after that relax/read a book

if i wake up at 3 am…. mmmmh cant sleep. lets find a job for 18 min which pay me and after that i resign and buy not one but two! key in gem shop

btw Silmar ask cashier at supermarket e.g Penny if they earn 10 Euro/h. You will be surprised!

And Silmar also you can watch a movie by doing key run, dont know if your boss find this behaviour funny. while you should clean …

This alone should tell you that you should NOT dictate others what they should do in their freee time Silmar!

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Only ever had about 5 key drops from world mobs and I have 13x 80’s (10 world completions).

Never done key farming, as in disposable alts.

I know there is a key in one of the missions to do with Claw Island, so I’m wondering if it’s effected that as well (level 60 mission iirc). As I’m going through the stories with all my characters (4 characters completed so far) in preparation for HoT and I know some are at the Claw Island stage.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Only ever had about 5 key drops from world mobs and I have 13x 80’s.

I know there is a key in one of the missions to do with Claw Island, so I’m wondering if it’s effected that as well (level 60 mission iirc). As I’m going through the stories with all my characters (4 characters completed so far) in preparation for HoT and I know some are at the Claw Island stage.

It only applies to the level 10 PS mission. Pretty much there is a timer on how many times you can get rewarded on the first stage it doesn’t actually affect the later missions.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

It only applies to the level 10 PS mission. Pretty much there is a timer on how many times you can get rewarded on the first stage it doesn’t actually affect the later missions.

Ok thanks, I’ll try it out later in that case.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

By that logic we should all stop playing and just roll our credit cards to buy legendaries, because the thousands of hours spent clicking through a computer program to farm the materials and get a precursor should leave you with thousands of dollars/euros even on a minimum wage.

Sure, by hard numbers that makes sense, but people don’t value their free time the same as their work time (and the money earned from it). I believe it’s safe to assume that even you subconsciously do this, otherwise you wouldn’t be playing a MMO at all (which inherently has poor reward vs. time).

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Dear ANET…

This is not going to magically make me open my wallet to spend money buying keys from the gem-store. In fact, this little move feels just slimy enough to make me not want to buy anything else from the gem-store, either.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I admit I buy keys and do key runs. I play WvW, PvE, Fractals and a lot of PvP. Actually end every night with PvP. You know what that gets you. ToKs. Have somewhere close to 1500 of them. Doing keyruns with other guild mates that also PvP was a fun side event and a way to keep them down some. It was a nice team building feature. Move this to a once a day and this would be more palatable.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ahem. You might be more accurate if you said “How did I know this thread would contain responses like this.” Because I didn’t make the OP to complain, I made it to report news that I knew would be of interest to a lot of players who might not read the patch notes themselves. I kept my tone neutral and without criticism overt or implied; I included a note about the claim of an increased key drop rate.

There’s no special prescience in knowing there would be a thread created about a patch that has a major change in a game system.

I’m not a keyfarmer, I’ve never done a single key run. I just knew people would want to be informed of the change.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It occurred to me that the key part of understanding this whole thing is the part where ANet said they increased key drops. What if they did? What If they seriously increased enough that the average person gets one a month. What happens then?

Mr Average Player is playing. Months pass. He is getting his key here and his key there. Suddenly he realizes he has 7 or 8 scraps. He almost has enough to get himself a fancy new weapon skin. What can he do to get those 2 or 3 more scraps?

In the past, someone who needs a couple of scraps could key run. Now he can’t. Not and get the scraps in any reasonable amount of time. He has to buy keys. If the keys turn out to be actually dropping at a substantial increased rate, then nerfing key running is the way ANet is stopping people from finishing up their scraps for free and forcing them to buy directly. It has nothing to do with key runners themselves.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Here’s the difference between dropping the same number of keys across the active place that are lost from this limit. That’s collecting enough scraps to make a ticket. The number of full tickets that get dropped is the same but it nullifies tickets generating from scrap collecting by spreading it out. So there will be a drop off in overall ticket production. Which means a drop off in skin acquisition which chokes off supply to the TP which makes it easier to control that market.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Zaron.1987

It occurred to me that the key part of understanding this whole thing is the part where ANet said they increased key drops. What if they did? What If they seriously increased enough that the average person gets one a month. What happens then?

Mr Average Player is playing. Months pass. He is getting his key here and his key there. Suddenly he realizes he has 7 or 8 scraps. He almost has enough to get himself a fancy new weapon skin. What can he do to get those 2 or 3 more scraps?

In the past, someone who needs a couple of scraps could key run. Now he can’t. Not and get the scraps in any reasonable amount of time. He has to buy keys. If the keys turn out to be actually dropping at a substantial increased rate, then nerfing key running is the way ANet is stopping people from finishing up their scraps for free and forcing them to buy directly. It has nothing to do with key runners themselves.

That are also my thoughts and also that less people will finish tickets to achieve an blc skin AND sell it afterwards to tp instead of use the shiny by themselves cause of this resason.

i would really happy if the people like wanze roved right but atm i really guess the skins will skyrocketing .

The future will tell who is right… still hope wanze is it.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Anet hates it when people find ways to have fun and farm in this game. They will eventually remove everything fun in this game.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

• Some have suggested it’s to sell more gems. I discount that theory, since people already spent plenty on keys.

There have been several attempts to upgrade chest drops (including increasing drop rate of ticket scraps). I don’t see them doing that if key sale remained at satisfying (to them) levels. For them to go at keyfarms (which they themselves earlier said were okay and not a problem), the situation must have gotten serious.

Too bad they didn’t think that it might be because it’s the chests that are a problem.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not that I care about Key farming, but it does bring up to me what a horrific joke they are to have such a huge RNG element.

Key farming at least gave a reliable way for people to handle the situation if they were willing to since there was a consistent way of getting keys and thus simply getting through all the bad rolls more quickly, but now we’re stuck to RNG drops which will probably still be really rare, or buy them (lol)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Behellagh.1468

Too bad they didn’t think that it might be because it’s the chests that are a problem.

That’s only because players collectively ignore the fact that the “junk” in chests is actually what chests were designed to deliver.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Darigen.2309

Darigen.2309

That’s only because players collectively ignore the fact that the “junk” in chests is actually what chests were designed to deliver.

If they were designed to deliver that “junk”, why are the tickets in there as the only way to obtain them, too?

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

@Jester,

Chest drop was not increased. Key drop (supposedly) was.

“Increased the drop rate of Black Lion Chests and Black Lion Chest Keys throughout the world.”

I stand corrected, but the increased drop rate of the chests is insignificant. I’m hoping the key drop rate is significant.

Chest rate has been increased noticeably. A few guildies mentioned getting significantly more chests after the patch. I got a chest from one of the very first mobs I killed yesterday, and some other players got multiples, which would indicate a much higher drop rate than prior to the patch.

As for keys? None found since this update. I’ve seen some reports of players getting them as drops, but I’ve yet to see any myself, nor have any guildies confirmed getting a key drop. Without more evidence it’s hard to judge if key drops have truly increased significantly.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

tl;dr all the whining.
Tip: Take your toons (mains and alts) and start playing as much as possible doing PvE events, for the next couple of months. Whenever a game does something momentous, like have an expansion, a BIG update, or goes F2P…anything that is designed to bring in new players and bring back Vets, drop rates usually increase for a short time. Don’t farm the same stuff over and over, or Diminishing Returns will set in, but rather, go from map to map, exploring, and doing all that stuff you used to do when you first started out. that’s where the good drops should be.

I did that last night and ended up with 2 keys and a chest that contained a very expensive dye. I was able to get my weaponsmith to Grand Master last night XD
Now just to wait until Sunday for my Laurels, bwahahahaha!

Behellagh.1468

If they were designed to deliver that “junk”, why are the tickets in there as the only way to obtain them, too?

Unique backpack skins, account bound minis, set minis and missing event dye kits are also only available now from BLTC. Because it’s a rare PRIZE.

The mentality here if in the real world would be going into your local McDonalds and buying out all their packages with Monopoly game pieces, throwing away the “food” because you are hoping for one of the bigger prizes besides a bunch of tickets for free small fries. And then complain that the free small fry tickets are blocking you from getting one of the good prizes.

For the first 9 months of the game BLTC did not contain tickets. Period. Tickets and scraps were added to the existing reward pool as just one more potential reward. The notion that all those other rewards, many that have been there since launch, are cluttering your chance to get a ticket or scrap astounds me.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Pathetic change is pathetic.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Unique backpack skins, account bound minis, set minis and missing event dye kits are also only available now from BLTC. Because it’s a rare PRIZE.

The mentality here if in the real world would be going into your local McDonalds and buying out all their packages with Monopoly game pieces, throwing away the “food” because you are hoping for one of the bigger prizes besides a bunch of tickets for free small fries. And then complain that the free small fry tickets are blocking you from getting one of the good prizes.

For the first 9 months of the game BLTC did not contain tickets. Period. Tickets and scraps were added to the existing reward pool as just one more potential reward. The notion that all those other rewards, many that have been there since launch, are cluttering your chance to get a ticket or scrap astounds me.

No, its not like that at all. The main reason people buy McDonalds is for food. People don’t buy BL Keys for worthless boosters and other worthless stuff. They know what they want out of it. This is 100% on anet, not the people.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

This is not really a fair comparison as the first weapon set wasn’t introduced until they began the season 1 story arc, which was quite a ways after launch.

For the first Halloween, they had rare skins drop directly from the chests, so it seems pretty clear that this was designed as a method to deliver the highly desirable RNG goodies. Just because they hadn’t refined their system to specifically include Black Lion tickets/scraps for the first several months doesn’t mean it wasn’t designed that way from the start.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

After much digging, I found the most recent post on keyfarming, back in 2013.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/250667-are-black-lion-key-runs-an-exploit/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Are-Black-Lion-Key-runs-an-exploit/first#post1188533

First post from Gaile:

As noted earlier, this is not an exploit.
However, I wanted to add that things can change, and the devs may make adjustments to the rewards if they feel that would be a good thing to do. But at the present time, they do not consider these runs exploitative.

She then checks to see if it IS an exploit or not.

John Smith comes in and says “Not an exploit! Have fun!”

the last red post from Gaile sums it up:

Are you exploiting when you farm, that is, play the same area over and over again? Nope, not unless you’re using a macro or a bot to do it while you sleep. What I was told was that the devs felt that the time spent was acceptable in relation to the rewards. John later confirmed that it wasn’t an exploit, so I believe the question is covered now.

In addition, my comment about change was general in nature, simply a way to say that, as we’re all probably aware, things can change in a game over time. I didn’t mean you to be concerned, pulse, with taking away attained rewards or any sort of loss.

In other words, the time spent Vs rewards was no longer thought to be ‘okay’.

Let that sink in for a second….

(edited by Serophous.9085)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

After much digging, I found the most recent post on keyfarming, back in 2013.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/250667-are-black-lion-key-runs-an-exploit/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Are-Black-Lion-Key-runs-an-exploit/first#post1188533

First post from Gaile:

As noted earlier, this is not an exploit.
However, I wanted to add that things can change, and the devs may make adjustments to the rewards if they feel that would be a good thing to do. But at the present time, they do not consider these runs exploitative.

the last red post from Gaile sums it up:

Are you exploiting when you farm, that is, play the same area over and over again? Nope, not unless you’re using a macro or a bot to do it while you sleep. What I was told was that the devs felt that the time spent was acceptable in relation to the rewards. John later confirmed that it wasn’t an exploit, so I believe the question is covered now.

In addition, my comment about change was general in nature, simply a way to say that, as we’re all probably aware, things can change in a game over time. I didn’t mean you to be concerned, pulse, with taking away attained rewards or any sort of loss.

In other words, the time spent Vs rewards was no longer thought to be ‘okay’.

Let that sink in for a second….

They want people to buy keys when they get enough scraps, in order to finish and get a ticket. That’s why they increased the key drops (people are already reporting getting keys) and closed off the fast, free way to get finish off your scraps and get a ticket by key running. It’s a gemstore driven decision.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

So by your logic everyone who used to key farm should just buy thier keys now because in your world it makes more sense? Do you by any chance work for Anet because I am guessing they are thinking the same thing.

Some of us use it to relax. Some of us do it because we don’t have an extra $50 laying around to spend on things like that. Some of us don’t like spending our hard earned money on something where you have a slim chance of getting something good and a big chance of getting something that is borderline useless.

Oh, and F.Y.I. I am very good at math. What I am not good at is spending money, that I need for other things, on a gamble.

you can’t fix stupid

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

I posted earlier and specifically asked exactly what does “early” mean. So far there has been no official answer. Until I see an official answer I am not going to assume anything. I could see early also meaning the level 20, and who knows what else. With level cap being 80 early could mean different things to different people. The important thing is what does it mean to Anet?

you can’t fix stupid

Behellagh.1468

• You can convert gold to buy keys.
  • You can spend real money to buy keys.
  • You could spend some amount of time to play the first chapter of the personal story for a single key.

Now pre NPE you could grind out 2 to 3 keys an hour. After I have no idea how fast unless you have a ready supply of Tomes of Knowledge.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

The issue I have with this at the moment is. How does the key reset work? Is it based on when you get one? Or the weekly reset?

Behellagh.1468

The issue I have with this at the moment is. How does the key reset work? Is it based on when you get one? Or the weekly reset?

I heard it was a weekly reset and not timed to your last one.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No kitten.

And that rare prize is all people want. Revive orbs and repair canisters are virtually worthless and the BLC’s still give the old single purpose boosters. I can buy a whole merchant box for less than the cost of a single key and boost powder costs a whole 10 silver from a merchant.

I mean hell, you might only get 1 transmute stone out of a chest when you could just spend 25 gems more to buy 5 directly.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

I just wanted to point out that you have to spend 31€88 average for one black lion 1 ticket skin. (buy 25 + 5 keys)
->There is a point where if you just buy gw2 core game at 15 € on the net and farm keys with 9 alts you actualy are more effective than buying keys for black lion keys by 100% after one year if you concider the 1 ticket skin worth 30€.

BLK drop rates :https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/Drop_rate

Fair

(edited by Abimes.9726)

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I figure it’s one of two things.

1. They didn’t meet their key sales numbers when Keys were on sale during the anniversary sale and they’re blaming Key farming.

2. The F2P people figured out you can farm Black Lion keys and Anet is putting the pinch on lower level keys to prevent it cause it’s a decent source of income with the skins (decent, not the best).

Either scenario not happy. This was pretty much the only way I bothered with keys. In every scenario its’ better to buy what you want out of the chest by buying gems, selling gold, then buying the item because of how crappy the drop rates are of useless garbage in the chests. No one wants an armor booster Anet. When we get Booster, Booster, Repair Cannister it’s a kick in the balls.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I figure it’s one of two things.

1. They didn’t meet their key sales numbers when Keys were on sale during the anniversary sale and they’re blaming Key farming.

2. The F2P people figured out you can farm Black Lion keys and Anet is putting the pinch on lower level keys to prevent it cause it’s a decent source of income with the skins (decent, not the best).

Either scenario not happy. This was pretty much the only way I bothered with keys. In every scenario its’ better to buy what you want out of the chest by buying gems, selling gold, then buying the item because of how crappy the drop rates are of useless garbage in the chests. No one wants an armor booster Anet. When we get Booster, Booster, Repair Cannister it’s a kick in the balls.

No the real kick to the balls is when it drops a booster enhancing powder.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

Anet just make this non sence stop , or increase drasticaly key drop rates in open world , or increase rare drops in BL chests , or give the black lion key farm back to the players.

:)

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

• You can convert gold to buy keys.
  • You can spend real money to buy keys.
  • You could spend some amount of time to play the first chapter of the personal story for a single key.

Now pre NPE you could grind out 2 to 3 keys an hour. After I have no idea how fast unless you have a ready supply of Tomes of Knowledge.

Using the crafting method to level up, the time needed after NPE was relatively similar to pre-NPE, and it was still possible to get 2 to 3 keys per hour easily.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I heard it was a weekly reset and not timed to your last one.

Thank you for that. It helps in planning. I’m going to make an “event” out of it for my group.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

We shouldn’t blame this on F2Players Anet restricted their use of the TP.