Patch day laurel

Patch day laurel

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

No other problems? Seriously.

When the TP was broken in the first few weeks of release I cancelled two bows worth about 40s each and they were never returned. You can send me 80s if you like.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Patch day laurel

Posted by: aelfric.8536

aelfric.8536

It’s not life, it’s a game.

Sorry for not that good english. I’m swiss.

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

It’s not live, it’s a game.

I assume you mean life, and you missed the sarcasm in the last post. I forgive you, it’s not always obvious in text.

Lots of people attempting to insult, but very few addressing the topic. Play the ball not the man.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: BlackestKnight.1278

BlackestKnight.1278

The point here is:
- If a new system or currency is added into the game, everyone should be able to have the same opportunities.

Everyone had the same opportunity. Some missed it.

Making a thread about it is just making a big deal out of it sorry. Accept that you missed 1 laurel and move on. World won’t end, you won’t die, no one in your family will get hurt and you will still get your loot, no worries.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: aelfric.8536

aelfric.8536

Sorry for typo. My english is not that good.

But I can’t understand how one can be so upset about such things.

Sorry for not that good english. I’m swiss.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

When the TP was broken in the first few weeks of release I cancelled two bows worth about 40s each and they were never returned. You can send me 80s if you like.

Send me a mail in-game to remind me and I will send you the 80s if it will lower your drama-postings.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

The point here is:
- If a new system or currency is added into the game, everyone should be able to have the same opportunities.

Making a thread about it is just making a big deal out of it sorry. Accept that you missed 1 laurel and move on. World won’t end, you won’t die, no one in your family will get hurt and you will still get your loot, no worries.

I don’t classify being up at 5am for doing a daily when you have to work at 8am same opportunities. Because it happens for some!

Would be fine for you that one time events appeared at 5am in your timezone? Like the Karka last event?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Some GW2 players are always at work. So what? If you missed something pretty insignificant because of your schedule, is it really worth complaining about? I’d rather have them spend time fixing real issues.

I missed it because I wasn’t born in America.

So did I. Do you really think devs should worry about every little detail when they do a patch like this? Should they spend time refunding laurels? It’s as ridiculous as the TP refunds you just mentioned. It’s a tiny issue and really not worth worrying about.

Missing a monthly would be a bigger issue, which is why they took it into consideration.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

I don’t classify being up at 5am for doing a daily when you have to work at 8am same opportunities. Because it happens for some!

Would be fine for you that one time events appeared at 5am in your timezone? Like the Karka last event?

If that laurel was so kitten important, set your alarm clock next time. I got home from work, logged in at 6 p.m., saw the new dailies and had only 1 single hour to complete it instead of the same 3 others got!

Oh. The. Humanity.

I got it done and if I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. Guess what, you’re going to miss other dailies in the coming months. It happens, sometimes you just don’t feel like playing each day, sometimes you just can’t because of other external factors.

It’s not “unfair”, it’s life. The servers are up 24/7, either you make time for it if it’s important or you move on. Seriously.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

One laurel folks.

Just one.

That’s it.

Who cares?

I had the monthly done. If I didn’t get 10 laurels after the patch and someone who finished their monthly did, THEN I’d be complaining.

But that’s not the case, is it?

You all can try and justify your reasonings with all this “equal opportunity” yadda yadda but at the end of the day………..noone gives a kitten about one laurel.

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

I agree with you all, making a topic about something clearly indicates you are very upset. If someone makes multiple topics about different subjects, are they really upset?

Is it because I’m taking my time replying to posts?

Sorry about that, if people take the time to reply to my thread, I’ll make an effort to reply to most of them, however irrelevant/incredibly kitten their responses may be.

No they didn’t. This may come as a shock but the world has different timezones. This update was very early morning during a weekday for some. Being penalized for living in a different timezone is silly.

I think the point is that the opportunity shouldn’t have existed in the first place.

Psst. You are making a bigger deal out of this thread than I am. Read my posts, then yours.

Send me a mail in-game to remind me and I will send you the 80s if it will lower your drama-postings.

You missed the sarcasm. It’s okay it’s not the first thing you’ve missed in this thread. But if you’re feeling generous, go ahead! I will send you a present back. We could be friends. <3

Patch day laurel

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Who really cares about this? Honestly?

In the grand scheme of things can’t we just agree to let this one go?

This sentence is false.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

No they didn’t. This may come as a shock but the world has different timezones. This update was very early morning during a weekday for some. Being penalized for living in a different timezone is silly.

This may come as a shock but we’re all very aware of timezones. Try adjusting your life around a raiding guild that’s mixed EST/PST/MST players, trying to not start too early for the PST folks but not end too late for the EST folks and still get progression and farming content done for the week.

Then come whine about “missed opportunities”.

I think the point is that the opportunity shouldn’t have existed in the first place.

Of course, that’s only because you missed it. You could have done it the same as everyone else. Just need to arrange your life around a game if it was so important. Some of us learned long ago to stop sweating the little stuff like that, much more important things in life.

And yes, you made it important the moment you hit the “New Thread” button.

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

If that laurel was so kitten important, set your alarm clock next time. I got home from work, logged in at 6 p.m., saw the new dailies and had only 1 single hour to complete it instead of the same 3 others got!

Oh. The. Humanity.

I got it done and if I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. Guess what, you’re going to miss other dailies in the coming months. It happens, sometimes you just don’t feel like playing each day, sometimes you just can’t because of other external factors.

It’s not “unfair”, it’s life. The servers are up 24/7, either you make time for it if it’s important or you move on. Seriously.

You still miss the Point. Let’s bold to make it readable for you:
It’s not about the Laurel, it’s about being fair for all !

Also, you didn’t answer the question. But let’s put it on other terms:

Do you agree that one time events in your timezone should start at 5am * that lasts for 3 hours and might reward you with good things (like a precursor?)

• Edit: On weekdays
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Everyone had a chance to get the first Laurel. I’ve completed my daily achievements before the patch. When the patch was released the daily achievements were reset and I was able to get the first laurel before midnight UTC.

Using that logic, everyone had a chance to get the 10 laurel from the monthly but anet knew that it would cause a lot of problems. Just like it’s causing problems now. Why they didn’t think about the daily in regards to the reward is kind of funny. Complaints have merit, they didn’t think it through and it is unfair given that the dailys are the only way to obtain them at the moment, it won’t matter so much when they bring out the other methods but right now, it does matter.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

It’s as ridiculous as the TP refunds you just mentioned. It’s a tiny issue and really not worth worrying about.

You missed the memo. That’s okay, sometimes new replies appear before you hit submit. I was being sarcastic. You could send me 80s too if you like. I’ll send you a present back.

If that laurel was so kitten important, set your alarm clock next time.

How’d you know when the update was coming?

Sorry, I was in bed. Some of us mere mortals have to sleep.

Someone above informed me this isn’t life.

We agree to disagree. I think a 3 hour daily is unfair, or any “one time only” event for that matter. You don’t… because it suits your timezone perfectly.

One laurel folks.

Just one.

That’s it.

Who cares?

Everyone posting in this thread, apparently. Well they say they don’t care, but they take the time to post.

I had the monthly done. If I didn’t get 10 laurels after the patch and someone who finished their monthly did, THEN I’d be complaining.

So would I. Want to be friends?

Patch day laurel

Oreoz.2573

I agree with you all, making a topic about something clearly indicates you are very upset. If someone makes multiple topics about different subjects, are they really upset?

Is it because I’m taking my time replying to posts?

Sorry about that, if people take the time to reply to my thread, I’ll make an effort to reply to most of them, however irrelevant/incredibly kitten their responses may be.

Psst. You are making a bigger deal out of this thread than I am. Read my posts, then yours.

You missed the sarcasm. It’s okay it’s not the first thing you’ve missed in this thread. But if you’re feeling generous, go ahead! I will send you a present back. We could be friends. <3

You didn’t even counter his arguments……..

The fact remains that one laurel is NOT worth complaining about. It just isn’t. At all. It’s really not. Nor is it the Dev’s responsibility to worry about the whole world. You wanna know when the patch dropped? shortly after THEY got to the office which for them, I believe, is daylight hours which is a pretty sensible working schedule yes? Especially if there’s bugs to fix, which there were.

I’m sorry you want it so bad but its not like having it will bring you THAT much closer to your goals.

Quit whining because I doubt at this point you even care and would rather make sure you don’t get trumped on the forums by people telling you to get over it. This is evidenced by repeatedly trolling and asking people if they want to be friends or berating their ability to read prior posts.

Quit whining about nothing.

(edited by Oreoz.2573)

Patch day laurel

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Guess not. O’well. Have fun!

This sentence is false.

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

This may come as a shock but we’re all very aware of timezones. Try adjusting your life around a raiding guild that’s mixed EST/PST/MST players, trying to not start too early for the PST folks but not end too late for the EST folks and still get progression and farming content done for the week.

Then come whine about “missed opportunities”.

And apparently I’m the one who takes this game too seriously. The irony.

Of course, that’s only because you missed it. You could have done it the same as everyone else. Just need to arrange your life around a game if it was so important. Some of us learned long ago to stop sweating the little stuff like that, much more important things in life.

Sorry, once again, I have to ask: How did you know when the update was coming? I think it was at ~ 9am my time. I went to bed around 1 – 2 am.

No, I like my sleep thank you, it’s more important than anything in this game.

And yes, you made it important the moment you hit the “New Thread” button.

I agree, whenever someone makes a thread about something, I assume they are very upset and that the content of the thread is basically a matter of life and death to them.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

You still miss the Point. Let’s bold to make it readable for you:
It’s not about the Laurel, it’s about being fair for all !

Also, you didn’t answer the question. But let’s put it on other terms:

Do you agree that one time events in your timezone should start at 5am * that lasts for 3 hours and might reward you with good things (like a precursor?)

• Edit: On weekdays

I’m getting the point, you’re missing hte point in my reply : it was fair how it was done. No, I don’t agree.

Me not agreeing does not mean I don’t understand, I just means I don’t agree with you, and I fail to empathisize with your life’s going ons.

It’s. A. Video. Game.

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

I forgot to mention – I didn’t agree with the one-time Lost Shores event either, despite me benefiting enormously from it.

I’d be very surprised if we ever saw one of those again on such a large scale!

You didn’t even counter his arguments……..

Yeah, this is why I’m berating people’s ability to comprehend posts. You can’t read.

His argument was: we all had an equal opportunity to do a random 3 hour daily achievement. Oh, that and anyone who makes a thread is upset.

My counter: No we didn’t, we don’t all have the same timezone, it was not at 6pm for all of us like it was for him, it was during the early hours of the morning on a weekday.

The fact remains that one laurel is NOT worth complaining about. It just isn’t. At all. It’s really not. Nor is it the Dev’s responsibility to worry about the whole world. You wanna know when the patch dropped? shortly after THEY got to the office which for them, I believe, is daylight hours which is a pretty sensible working schedule yes? Especially if there’s bugs to fix, which there were.

You want me to stop berating people for not being able to read, so you go and miss the point again. You’re putting me in a tough position.

The “daily” achievement should not have reset for 3 hours. Had it not reset, then the time of the patch is irrelevant. That is what is unfair.

Quit whining because I doubt at this point you even care and would rather make sure you don’t get trumped on the forums by people telling you to get over it. This is evidenced by repeatedly trolling and asking people if they want to be friends or berating their ability to read prior posts.

Quit whining about nothing.

Good lord the irony is going to kill me. You are more worked up about this than me.

Just relax. This thread isn’t doing any you harm.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: fractal.7039

fractal.7039

What is next… people complaining cause they couldn’t play one day and “missed” a chance for a laurel?

Patch happened at 4 est, and daily reset at 7pm est… no big deal… same as it ever was.

..so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

And apparently I’m the one who takes this game too seriously. The irony.

Yes, since I never made any drama about raiding times. If I couldn’t a particular day or week, well, that was “a missed opportunity”. Nothing unfair about it. I got it done the next week or if it was really important, I made time for it.

And I stopped playing that way because in the end, it was too much “work” for a “game”. I moved on instead of posting on the forums about how unfair RAID scehdules are!

I agree, whenever someone makes a thread about something, I assume they are very upset and that the content of the thread is basically a matter of life and death to them.

When said thread is about what is fair or not, yes, that’s how it sounds to every other poster on the forum.

Move on.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Okay I posted this is in another thread but I feel like it will get lost without it’s own devoted topic.

I have edited this post as more information has come to light regarding the extra laurel. Originally I thought it was because some people had completed the daily achievement after the patch and before the next reset. It turns out that there was an additional daily achievement that lasted approximately 3 hours. I think this unfair to those of us in different timezones who weren’t given a fair opportunity to complete this achievement.

The idea of a 3 hour “daily” achievement is well, nonsensical. It’s equivalent to a 3.5 day “monthly” achievement for February.

I’d be interested in hearing conflicting opinions about how this is legit. Post away!

I am one of the folks that do their daily the moment that it becomes live… so my daily was done so I couldn’t take place and get the extra laurel…. and you know what? I’m ok with it. Moved on quickly and it doesn’t phase me a bit. In the long run it doesn’t make a difference in the world.

That’s my opinion.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: fractal.7039

fractal.7039

I also still can’t believe that people are bringing up the lost shore event.

Wait, nevermind, I can because people somehow think they are all entitled to whatever they want.

..so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

There were indeed people on that first day who completed the daily twice, because of the removal of the combo daily.

But there were people who made gobs of money on chocolate food items before that was found out as an exploit and we were all punished for their transgression. (Many got to keep their cash tho)

And there were people who made gobs of money on the Halloween MY GOD DROPS ARE FANTASTIC before that was found out to be an exploit and we were all punished for their transgression. (Many kept their ill gotten gains, tho)

And there were people who made gobs of money off a number of other exploits before they were found out and we were all punished for it.

I have gotten so used to others having “gamed the system” loot, one laurel is just not going to get me too riled up. Its just a feature of Guild Wars 2. The early bird gets the worm. We just get the bird.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

I forgot to mention – I didn’t agree with the one-time Lost Shores event either, despite me benefiting enormously from it.

I didn’t get to participate in it and I don’t give a kitten They really should do 1 time events again in the future! They are awesome and if I can I will participate in them and if I can’t, I will be happy for those that did.

I guess that’s the difference between you and me.

His argument was: we all had an equal opportunity to do a random 3 hour daily achievement. Oh, that and anyone who makes a thread is upset.

My counter: No we didn’t, we don’t all have the same timezone, it was not at 6pm for all of us like it was for him, it was during the early hours of the morning on a weekday.

I suggest you look up the word opportunity and what it means. Because you keep using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Everyone had the opportunity, not everyone could take advantage of it. The servers were up, available, you could have connected. You prioritized sleeping. Great for you, RL should always take precedence over a video game.

Now you just need to accept it. Sounds to me like you regret sleeping through that 3 hour window.

Patch day laurel

Amurond.4590

Yes, since I never made any drama about raiding times. If I couldn’t a particular day or week, well, that was “a missed opportunity”. Nothing unfair about it. I got it done the next week or if it was really important, I made time for it.

And I stopped playing that way because in the end, it was too much “work” for a “game”. I moved on instead of posting on the forums about how unfair RAID scehdules are!

I’m glad to hear it. Your road to recovery is almost complete.

When said thread is about what is fair or not, yes, that’s how it sounds to every other poster on the forum.

That makes about much sense as a 3 hour “daily” achievement.

I am one of the folks that do their daily the moment that it becomes live… so my daily was done so I couldn’t take place and get the extra laurel…. and you know what? I’m ok with it. Moved on quickly and it doesn’t phase me a bit. In the long run it doesn’t make a difference in the world.

That’s my opinion.

Thanks for sharing and I respect your stance. Contrary to what the illiterate in this thread will tell you, it’s not a huge deal for me either.

I made a thread because I don’t agree with the imbalance. I take the time to respond to most posts, people are confused by that and assume I must be upset.

~~
Anyway folks, this has been fun, but it’s time for me to go to bed. Hopefully I can somehow find the mental resolve to sleep tonight. I will keep in mind for the future that if you make a thread you are upset.

If this thread is still open/there are more posts tomorrow, I’ll get back to you, I promise!

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

People are bringing up the Lost Shore event because of the ones who couldn’t participate because of work and private affairs and blamed Anet for not putting the event at their favourite time.
Given the first post of the topic, this seems like a similar case to a lesser extent.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

Yes. It’s a video game.

Everyone here payed the same amount of money to play the game, so they at least should have the same opportunities to do so. In this line of thought the game should:

.1 – not have one time events. The fact that the servers share the same update time creates that some get them in their prime time and others in their worst. Fairness here is creating a 24 hour window to make the events. Instead of making a one time event, make a one day event, where the event spawns 4 times in the day (every 6 hours f.ex.) and make the rewards 1 per account.

.2 – Updating the game at the exact daily reset time. This would make situations like the one presented here impossible, therefor making it fair for all timezones.

.3 – Make these kind of updates at weekends. This would maximize the players that are awake till later not having to go to work and school. It’s a matter of common sense. Obviously why should i get another chance at doing things if i prefer to play football with some friends? I shouldn’t! But sleeping is not categorized in these kind of behavious nor work/school!

It’s a matter of reaching the worldwide population!

Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

Yes. It’s a video game.

Everyone here payed the same amount of money to play the game, so they at least should have the same opportunities to do so. In this line of thought the game should:

IE, you want a stale gaming experience, tailored and limited to the lowest common denominator so that everyone not only has the opportunity, but also is forced to enjoy every last bit of content.

Sorry.

I’m all for 1 time events, patches not on reset times and all the other opportunities we can have to enjoy great content, even if it means missing out on some due to our real lives.

If you want a stale gaming experience that’s the same for everyone, Halo/CounterStrike/CoD —-———→.

This is a MMO. Some players will enjoy more content than others because of more free time to spend. More time invested = more reward. That’s the genre. If you want to CTF or DM or whatever the flavor of the month is in multi-player FPS games, then go play those.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Kalrisver.2679

Kalrisver.2679

The material loss may be small but in principle it was badly executed. Having a “new” daily that resets in 3 hours when there was already a “daily” for that day is just weird. This was made worse when people had their dailies reset when they were almost done with the combo killer part of it. (Yes it was their fault for not watching the clock, but it was semi-bugged in the first place.)

Once again, the lack of communication ruins everything. There was already an “old” daily for that day, but once the patch went in they activated a new “daily” on the same day with 3 hours before a reset. Not only did they not say that this was going to happen in the patch notes or anywhere else, I feel bad for people with non-awesome internet connections because the download was at least 1gb and having to rush to finish a daily before the reset is not cool.

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

IE, you want a stale gaming experience, tailored and limited to the lowest common denominator so that everyone not only has the opportunity, but also is forced to enjoy every last bit of content.

You must have misread or misinterpreted what i said. Nothing to do with that

Sorry.

I’m all for 1 time events, patches not on reset times and all the other opportunities we can have to enjoy great content, even if it means missing out on some due to our real lives.

I can’t really see why in the bold part. Care to explain?
I’m pretty sure if they gave a precursor and you missed cause it was 5am in your zone and you were asleep, you would have a different oppinion!

If you want a stale gaming experience that’s the same for everyone, Halo/CounterStrike/CoD —-———->.

This is a MMO. Some players will enjoy more content than others because of more free time to spend. More time invested = more reward. That’s the genre. If you want to CTF or DM or whatever the flavor of the month is in multi-player FPS games, then go play those.

Non related and completely off-topic!
Get real!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

You must have misread or misinterpreted what i said. Nothing to do with that

No, I don’t misread.

Again, you seem under teh uimpression that if people don’t agree with you, it’s because they misread you.

That is not the case. I just don’t agree with you.

I can’t really see why in the bold part. Care to explain?

1 time events are cool. They are world changing, make it seem something permanent is happening, something that you “just needed to be there”.

Louis Armstrong ain’t going back to the moon every week because you missed it the first time.

Things that constantly repeat become stale after a while. Everyone’s “been there, done that” as the title says. 1 time events can be made more epics, can introduce permanent world changes and revigorate the game if done right.

If it happens during that weekend I went camping, well I’m happy for those that could participate, but my camping trip was more important. I’ll just have fun in the changed world when I come back, and listen to the stories of those who played the content.

Again, when the Karka event was going on, I was leveling in some Charr land somewhere.

Patch day laurel

Oreoz.2573

I didn’t get to participate in it and I don’t give a kitten They really should do 1 time events again in the future! They are awesome and if I can I will participate in them and if I can’t, I will be happy for those that did.

I guess that’s the difference between you and me.

I suggest you look up the word opportunity and what it means. Because you keep using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Everyone had the opportunity, not everyone could take advantage of it. The servers were up, available, you could have connected. You prioritized sleeping. Great for you, RL should always take precedence over a video game.

Now you just need to accept it. Sounds to me like you regret sleeping through that 3 hour window.

Pretty much this.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Patch finished downloading for me at 23:00, leaving me with 1 hour to get my daily.

Got it in 15 minutes.

Coolface.

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

No, I don’t misread.

Again, you seem under teh uimpression that if people don’t agree with you, it’s because they misread you.

That is not the case. I just don’t agree with you.

I got that impression when you just said that i wanted a stale game… Beats me how you get that impression though.

1 time events are cool. They are world changing, make it seem something permanent is happening, something that you “just needed to be there”.

Louis Armstrong ain’t going back to the moon every week because you missed it the first time.

Things that constantly repeat become stale after a while. Everyone’s “been there, done that” as the title says. 1 time events can be made more epics, can introduce permanent world changes and revigorate the game if done right.

If it happens during that weekend I went camping, well I’m happy for those that could participate, but my camping trip was more important. I’ll just have fun in the changed world when I come back, and listen to the stories of those who played the content.

Again, when the Karka event was going on, I was leveling in some Charr land somewhere.

One time events are cool, i agree to that. However players shouldn’t be penalized from being from a different timezone. Missing sleep is not the same boat as going camping!
I can agree however that one time events may exist, as long as, they set them on different timezones event to event, and they make available the rewards to those who couldn’t be on (like Halloween final chest – hat reward that was in LA after that event went trough)!

About this Laurel patch i agree that the same opportunity was given to everyone, but it wasn’t fair to everyone!

Cheers!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Kolibri.3846

Kolibri.3846

My point of view is that this doesn’t deserve it’s own devoted topic.

It’s not like these situations happen 4 times a week.

BTW before I played a MMO where they merged an US and EU server and had maintenace every week a few hours ( sometimes shorter) during prime time ( mainly the time I was playing). Yeah that was annoying and not fair since they were only catering to one timezone but I didn’t care back then and I don’t care now.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

One time events are cool, i agree to that. However players shouldn’t be penalized from being from a different timezone. Missing sleep is not the same boat as going camping!

I missed sleep to watch DBZ when it was playing at 4.30a.m. everyday back in the day. I missed sleep to raid MC/BWL/AQ/Kara/Gruul/Mag in WoW. I missed sleep to go to the gym because I had overtime at work.

If I missed sleep that much, I would’ve chosen to sleep. Players get to choose what is important to them.

You do know that with timezones, there are no compromises possible ? It’s always 1 a.m. somewhere.

About this Laurel patch i agree that the same opportunity was given to everyone, but it wasn’t fair to everyone!

If everyone had the same opportunity, it was fair. Anyway, unfair/fair, who cares, it’s 1 lousy laurel. If it weren’t for the fact I’m watching a system console as it runs through a broken backup routine trying to find the problem, I wouldn’t even be in this thread.

And with this, I’m off to the gym for cardio.

Priorities, some posters here (like the OP) should look that up while he’s looking up opportunity

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

The solution here is obvious. Anet should simply give 1 laurel to everyone. Everyone! (let’s not be unfair), so now all the people who missed the first day laurel will have the 4 they want, and all of us who keep hearing them whine about their missed opportunity can have 5 for our trouble.

I can live with that.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

You want compensation for missing your daily?

Wow.

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

The solution here is obvious. Anet should simply give 1 laurel to everyone. Everyone! (let’s not be unfair), so now all the people who missed the first day laurel will have the 4 they want, and all of us who keep hearing them whine about their missed opportunity can have 5 for our trouble.

I can live with that.

Nah, the solution is that they realize that their community is worldwide. There are some decisions that should be made accordingly.

About the specific Laurel, i care less about it being 3 or 4!

Have fun in cardio

Cheers!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

You want compensation for missing your daily?

Wow.

You better read the thread.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

I’m in the UK. I have four laurels. Completed the thing about ten minutes before midnight on the patch day (UK time), including the dreaded combo thing.

It’s a shame that not everyone was able to do it but at the end of the day it’s only one laurel…hardly the end of the world.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Are we all participating in a race to see who can obtain the most laurels in X amount of days? Why am I always the last to hear about these things?

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

It’s 1 laurel. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not going to matter.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

A friend and I got combo killer 15 minutes after we logged in. Missed that day? Welp, unlucky for you, you need a single day of daily to catch up.

Attachments:

Patch day laurel

LHound.8964

I give up!

Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree with the sentiment of this thread. I was at work for those three hours, and now I feel as though I have been legitimately handicapped by having missed a misimplemented daily. I had gotten the old daily for that day the night before, and don’t think it is good practice to reset the daily with the patch like that, and wasn’t expecting that sort of a reset. The worst part about this was that there was no warning, so I had no idea that it was happening (or else maybe I’d have gotten off work a little earlier to make it). Not telling us that this would happen is even worse than letting it happen in the first place.

That first 3 hour daily should not have rewarded a daily reward, or those of us who couldn’t be there should be awarded a daily reward in compensation. For me as an achievement junkie, the 25 achievement points I missed bother me far more than the laurel I missed. Those are 25 points I can never get back.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Patch day laurel

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

i was one of those “lucky” ones playing during that 3-hour window between the patch and the daily reset. many players got random disconnects (took me 5 tries to get into LA), progress resets (yes, we’d spend an hour playing and disconnect, then the game didn’t remember what we did) and buggy achievements (it took a party of 5 with 2 staff eles about an hour of killing moas and ghost pirates to get that ridiculous combo killer daily).

i’d think of that 1 (ONE, SINGLE) laurel as compensation for bug-testing for Anet and just drop the issue.

will pay for a dolly rocket booster