Pay2skin.

Pay2skin.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

But thats the essence of the problem isnt it. There is nothing fun to do wich is actually lucrative. And trust me ive played since Beta, i know tyria as a true fan all too well. But as ive stated, i am not going to waste my time looking for hidden events wich are stale not my level and boring either. I like lore, but if its the only ‘endgame’ where i can 1 shot every mob with no actuall rewards except the cassuall 1 blue. no thanks.

There is a lot of lucrative content and fun content in this game. And I have no problem play some less lucrative one just for the fun. My best experience in the game was the old fractal back in the days where you could reach level 80 and kittenty loots and SAB with almost no loots except some weird looking skins. Still had so much fun.

Maybe the game is just not right for you. Its not cool for you if you loved GW1, but hate GW2. That doesn’t mean that GW2 is a bad game with bad decision. Its just mean that they went on a different way and that don’t fix your needs. It happen, but in the end its only a game. You said that you enjoyed the game at lauch, so at least I suppose it was worth the initial buy.

Better go to another game than keep playing a game that you obviously hate. The game is in good shape, just no the one that YOU would like it. I heard that the new Dragon Age is awesome, a lot of my guildmate are trying these days.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Pay2skin.

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Yes, it’s pay to skin. That’s part of how they fund the servers to keep the game running.

You can grind to get anything you want with enough effort though, because gold can be traded for gems.

The fact that you have the opportunity to gain what you want through just playing the game, and are sore about the fact that cosmetic items that have no real bearing on the game and player skill level cannot be obtained extremely quickly without paying is a very shallow and selfish viewpoint, if I can be that frank with you.

Let them ‘cash grab’. if they were offering an easy way for paying players to win against people that put effort into learning game functionality, then this would be an issue. Shinies are not that serious.

The problem with this is the entire content they are constantly pushing and adding forces more stale, cassually focussed 2 blues and a green farmville style of gameplay. Wich in turn catters to more gemstore purchases because people dont want to farm.

Aka the ‘updates’ we receive are solely created to keep people busy, not for them to have fun. at its core. grind. wich in turn adds gemstore revenue. Thats how guildwars is killing itself. You can see it at every step of the LS.

Content became more shallow over time. Perfect example, the whole scarlett ordeal, very generic style of story telling + updates wich where big but removed every biweek. Versus farmville LS2.0

I hardly see this game as farming. I think that is a viewpoint that can easily be broken if people take the time to do it.

I rarely farm anything. I bum around PVE sometimes, PVP more often, WVW and EoTM pretty often, and sometimes run dungeons with friends.

The game -throws gold- at you for doing pretty much anything. Farming is just an easy way to kill it for yourself.

And regards your above point, RNG not being the master of everything would water down sales for those items, which would drive people to farm something else.

Off on a tangent; maybe, but guaranteed drops won’t stop the farming mentality people have.

The problem is, if newly added content requires you to play the game for 1 hour and then farm for a week. SW, then it IS very much farming.

I have had the WvW guilds, the dungeon masters, jumping puzzles frustrate me too much so i did those occasionally, PvP experiences. I have them. But i have been playing this for almost 3 years now with literally nothing new to add to those lists. unless you think boss farming is fun/lucrative, LOL.

If the game threw gold at me then why did it take me 4 months to scrape together the fractal backpiece because i didnt understand lucrative farming methods back then for 250 ectos?

Specific RNG items should be harder to get, Not via RNG0,1% ONLY but via skills, and this doesnt just mean kill X boss, but also, do this and that jumping puzzle/gain a killstreak of 30/40 people in WvW WITH RNG 10% added. But in specific areas or bosses.

Not everything should be super duper xtreme 1337 hardcore content. There could be cassual skin items added with such a system aswell giving easier JP’s. But it would also give ranging all different playstyles a chance to get something with what they are good at and get properly rewarded for it if they like it enough.

Even soulbounding items could work to remove them from TP in such vast numbers. Give 90% chance on an item to be soulbound if it drops so it doenst flood the market with a 10% chance on an item to not be soulbound so there is still a way for people who definatly dont want to do that specific content to get it.

There are so many more options anet isnt thinking about to make it fun.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Yes, it’s pay to skin. That’s part of how they fund the servers to keep the game running.

You can grind to get anything you want with enough effort though, because gold can be traded for gems.

The fact that you have the opportunity to gain what you want through just playing the game, and are sore about the fact that cosmetic items that have no real bearing on the game and player skill level cannot be obtained extremely quickly without paying is a very shallow and selfish viewpoint, if I can be that frank with you.

Let them ‘cash grab’. if they were offering an easy way for paying players to win against people that put effort into learning game functionality, then this would be an issue. Shinies are not that serious.

The problem with this is the entire content they are constantly pushing and adding forces more stale, cassually focussed 2 blues and a green farmville style of gameplay. Wich in turn catters to more gemstore purchases because people dont want to farm.

Aka the ‘updates’ we receive are solely created to keep people busy, not for them to have fun. at its core. grind. wich in turn adds gemstore revenue. Thats how guildwars is killing itself. You can see it at every step of the LS.

Content became more shallow over time. Perfect example, the whole scarlett ordeal, very generic style of story telling + updates wich where big but removed every biweek. Versus farmville LS2.0

I hardly see this game as farming. I think that is a viewpoint that can easily be broken if people take the time to do it.

I rarely farm anything. I bum around PVE sometimes, PVP more often, WVW and EoTM pretty often, and sometimes run dungeons with friends.

The game -throws gold- at you for doing pretty much anything. Farming is just an easy way to kill it for yourself.

And regards your above point, RNG not being the master of everything would water down sales for those items, which would drive people to farm something else.

Off on a tangent; maybe, but guaranteed drops won’t stop the farming mentality people have.

The problem is, if newly added content requires you to play the game for 1 hour and then farm for a week. SW, then it IS very much farming.

If the game threw gold at me then why did it take me 4 months to scrape together the fractal backpiece because i didnt understand lucrative farming methods back then for 250 ectos?

Two things, we can address the rest later.

Is there any content right now that -requires- you to farm? Farming is a strategy developed by players.

How should I know. Rare drops are frequent. If you have that goal in mind, there are several avenues that provide salvagable rares for you to achieve it. You dont need to shoehorn yourself into one thing to do it.

I agree that there should be some fixes to RNG, as well as ‘casual’ rewards. The game surely isnt perfect and could use improvement in those areas.

But take note that “Fun” is exactly what you make of it, and it is not a concrete definition Anet can just provide. There’s still lots of ways to have fun -and- make progress/attain shinies that don’t involve throwing money at the game. It just takes a little wit and a determination to not grind yourself into being disgusted with repetition.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

But thats the essence of the problem isnt it. There is nothing fun to do wich is actually lucrative. And trust me ive played since Beta, i know tyria as a true fan all too well. But as ive stated, i am not going to waste my time looking for hidden events wich are stale not my level and boring either. I like lore, but if its the only ‘endgame’ where i can 1 shot every mob with no actuall rewards except the cassuall 1 blue. no thanks.

There is a lot of lucrative content and fun content in this game. And I have no problem play some less lucrative one just for the fun. My best experience in the game was the old fractal back in the days where you could reach level 80 and kittenty loots and SAB with almost no loots except some weird looking skins. Still had so much fun.

Maybe the game is just not right for you. Its not cool for you if you loved GW1, but hate GW2. That doesn’t mean that GW2 is a bad game with bad decision. Its just mean that they went on a different way and that don’t fix your needs. It happen, but in the end its only a game. You said that you enjoyed the game at lauch, so at least I suppose it was worth the initial buy.

Better go to another game than keep playing a game that you obviously hate. The game is in good shape, just no the one that YOU would like it. I heard that the new Dragon Age is awesome, a lot of my guildmate are trying these days.

Its not that i hate guildwars2, i just hate what it has become and what is growing more and more into, forcing me to quit. Hence rant.

If i hated guildwars 2 i wouldnt be on here ranting and explaining why i feel the way i do. I wouldve uninstalled from the first day i found out it wasnt for me.

And since its slowly slippering in on the direction i do not want gw2 to goto, i am forced to quit, while as a last ditch effort informing other people/maybe someone at Anet who feels like me to try and change it.

Sadly, i feel reading my thread, that allot of people already left and the pay2skin community is the only one left + newcomers, who will either leave, never see guildwars 2 the way it was, like the koreangrind or pay2skin.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Gold->Gems removes any kind of Pay2Win. Stop complaining go earn your gold, convert it and get your skin. Their system promotes buying gems but you don’t need to. They still need to earn money you know. Geez.

How does it remove pay2win? When all the content for said gold is earned doing monotone farming, aka non fun activities in a so called game.

That’s interesting, because literally everything I do for fun gives me gold. If I run a dungeon I get gold, if I do WvW I get heavy loot bags and other stuff which means more gold, if I PVP I even get reward bags with materials which I can turn into gold. Literally everything I do I can make gold doing it, even starting a new character I’ll have like 25-30g by the time I’m done leveling pretty easily.

Everything I do will yield money. Now is it the best money? well no flipping or hardcore farming is probably the best money, but I’m sitting here playing very infrequently mainly working on Lupi solos yet I’ve still made 60g+ in the last week.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Something tells me you just don’t like the game any more OP. While I agree the rewards are poor, I enjoy playing the game. And that, after all, is what I think games are about. Fun not what loot I get/have.

Well if you take in consideration that i loved gw1, and i loved gw2 when it was just released. And i couldnt wait for future content to be added. Because all the amazing things id have done so far where actually fun.

To then see it become a pay2skin game. Then yes you could say i do not enjoy it anymore.

They are adding content. And I don’t see how this game is pay2skin. I don’t need to buy gems to g t the skins I like. 90% of the skins in GW2 and not to my liking. And I already have 90% of the skins I like. And 100% of the skins I really want. I’ve not spent any money on gem store skins. I’ve spent plenty in the gem store, but not on the skins. I guess it’s personal preference. And how you personally view the game. But I don’t see it as pay2skin.

They are adding content, but like i originally said 70% of the devs time is spent on the gemstore. And because the interrelation with gems-gold EVERYTHING is buyable with reall money. That is pay2skin.

Just how do you know 70% of dev time is taken up by the gem store? Man skins must be really hard to make, seeing as we don’t really have that many in the store compaird to what is in the game. Yes everything can be bought with gems. But ANet said they are moving away from the explanation model. How do you propose they pay the bills? 100% of everything in the gem store you can get for free. You don’t have to spend any money. Just your game time and the gold you earn ingame to convert to gems. So it’s not like ANet are “out for the cash grab”. Have a look at some “free to play” games. One I play run by EA will cost you a lot of time or £69.99 for one car. So ANet are not so bad after all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Pay2skin.

Thaddeus.4891

Sadly, i feel reading my thread, that allot of people already left and the pay2skin community is the only one left + newcomers, who will either leave, never see guildwars 2 the way it was, like the koreangrind or pay2skin.

You are right. I don’t see gw2 as a pay2skin, but in essence you are right. The game go in a direction, some ppl love it and stick to the game, other ppl don’t like it and quit the game.

That what happen to every mmo ever. Sorry for you, good for us, can’t say much more.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Two things, we can address the rest later.

Is there any content right now that -requires- you to farm? Farming is a strategy developed by players.

How should I know. Rare drops are frequent. If you have that goal in mind, there are several avenues that provide salvagable rares for you to achieve it. You dont need to shoehorn yourself into one thing to do it.

I agree that there should be some fixes to RNG, as well as ‘casual’ rewards. The game surely isnt perfect and could use improvement in those areas.

But take note that “Fun” is exactly what you make of it, and it is not a concrete definition Anet can just provide. There’s still lots of ways to have fun -and- make progress/attain shinies that don’t involve throwing money at the game. It just takes a little wit and a determination to not grind yourself into being disgusted with repetition. [/quote]

To put it simple, every cool skin. Hence the thread title.
I too have farmed for skins, my most expensive? the Xanthium in this instance. Because it was the only staff i could really distinguish from the other staffs without being blatantly obvious with a slick clean magical glow on it. I needed 800 gold for that at the time, it took me 8 hours a day for 2 months doing the most proffitable things i could find, getting burned out allot so spent the other few hours zoning out doing profitable rich platinum node mining + watchwork pick farms.

But the entire idea was with xanthium, that it was something personal for me to get, either via aetherblade running an RNG lottery or farming.

Content that requires me to farm right now? Future Gemstore purchases because gems are getting more and more expensive, maybe a legendary just for ‘completion of this game’ (note that even after playing since beta i still do not want to undertake the great legendary farm)

Farming content thats forced upon us: entire LS2.0 From the mawdrey elder wood farm, to the SW bandit crests, luminscent armor. It is required to farm to get the pieces.

Rares are cool and all, but timewise, not profitable. And if you want, you can tell me how many areas rares drop occasionally? If i spend a night WvWing i get 3 if im lucky 4 rares. If i do CoF/farm SW i can get about 10/20 rares and an occasional exotic. If i go to a lower level zone i might be lucky if i ever find a rare within a week. If i PvP it feels like wasting time, because the only profitable bit there is the dungeon exotics.

Whats the most profitable asfar as ive noticed? T6 high magic find farm.

Howlong would it take me to get fully ascended doing things i like? And that tier, awnsers the question.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Also to clarify, Dungeons do not earn money, 3 dungeons earn money. the rest doesnt.

You try to find an Arah P3 party as the same time you are trying to find a CoF1 party.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

They are adding content, but like i originally said 70% of the devs time is spent on the gemstore.

source or gtfo for trolling.

Still waiting. Red post highly preferred.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Now lets talk about the reall ‘endgame’ collections.

It takes me 1500 gold to get an enchanted daily chest in my home instance.
Try to do the math and you will realise farming is the only way you will ever see it.

Either you repeat ALL content ingame about 30 times. for 1 collection. Or farm.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

They are adding content, but like i originally said 70% of the devs time is spent on the gemstore.

It’s the internet. Here, we just make up the statistics we need.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Well, if you see a gemstore filled with stuff, updated weekly even during holidays putting on sales. And the game itself doesnt even get patched up monthly at a persistant rate. You can even try and do the math yourself!

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Gold->Gems removes any kind of Pay2Win. Stop complaining go earn your gold, convert it and get your skin. Their system promotes buying gems but you don’t need to. They still need to earn money you know. Geez.

How does it remove pay2win? When all the content for said gold is earned doing monotone farming, aka non fun activities in a so called game.

So running a dungeon 100 times until you get a RNG drop finally is a “fun activity”
while doing the same dungeon maybe 50 times to earn the gold to buy a skin
is stupid farming … do i get that right ?
Not to forget that you can play any other content to earn gold, while for RNG drops
you mostly have to do the exact same content again and again … for me that is
monotonous farming.

I havnt touched upon the RNG aspect of all, but i can tell you right now if the dungeon is hard enough and the RNG isnt master of everything (actually drops once every 2/3 runs at end) The game would be allot more fun.

Then go and run the new Twilight Arbor path until you have all the skine .. have fun.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

pay2skin……..lol

so you mad that they are trying to keep a good game free to play by adding skins to the store that you want but are not willing to pay for?

support the game and spend a little cash now and then so you can get what you want.
im sure $10 every few months is in everyones budget

Careful with that.

10 bucks every few months is not in everyone’s budget. While I think the game should have a means for support and that the gem store is a good way to get that support, there is still a large avenue for people to get that stuff for free.

They just need to quit thinking that “Farming” is the answer and actually start having fun with the game. Enjoying what you’re doing is the best way to find things that can net you some gold.

And if you save the gold as gems when the market favors gold price over gems (like after an update where a gold expensive item is introduced) then you have those gems for the outfits when they come out.

If we assume that a few means 3 or more then that’s pretty much a cup of coffee per month that you forego. Spending $10 every few months is entirely reasonable.

Pay2skin.

Jerus.4350

Also to clarify, Dungeons do not earn money, 3 dungeons earn money. the rest doesnt.

You try to find an Arah P3 party as the same time you are trying to find a CoF1 party.

Strange, I get at least a gold from every dungeon run except story modes. Add in the materials and it’s quite a pretty penny. Now my rate of acquisition will depend on the dungeon but every single dungeon you make money.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

So running a dungeon 100 times until you get a RNG drop finally is a “fun activity”
Not to forget that you can play any other content to earn gold, while for RNG drops
monotonous farming.

I havnt touched upon the RNG aspect of all, but i can tell you right now if the dungeon is hard enough and the RNG isnt master of everything (actually drops once every 2/3 runs at end) The game would be allot more fun.

Then go and run the new Twilight Arbor path until you have all the skine .. have fun.

You entirely missed what i was saying then. RNG should be fixed. to put it blunt. Droprates should be way more often for special cool loot, wich can be balanced in other ways, instead of making 1 staff drop every 5000 runs.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Strange, I get at least a gold from every dungeon run except story modes. Add in the materials and it’s quite a pretty penny. Now my rate of acquisition will depend on the dungeon but every single dungeon you make money.

Do you understand wasting time? If im working on getting an expensive item, wich would take me 2 months already to complete WITH farming, then doing the same dungeons for 4/5 months would give me about the same without it, If id do PvP for said item it could take me up 8 months.

Worst part is, 4/5 months of doing the SAME dungeons over and over again is a farm in itself wich is definatly not fun or immersive. If the dungeons where actually hard, and youd have some sort of checkpoints with the ‘end’ loot at each checkpoint dungeons would be a lot more fun, and lucrative. But its not they are easy, daily repeatable. and pretty stale if youve done em a few times.

Pay2skin.

Jerus.4350

Have you ever heard of the word patience?

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

monotonous farming.

You entirely missed what i was saying then. RNG should be fixed. to put it blunt. Droprates should be way more often for special cool loot, wich can be balanced in other ways, instead of making 1 staff drop every 5000 runs.

So everyone should have everything after 2 weeks, and then leave the game because there is nothing more to do ?

Problem is MMOs needs grind, else everyone has finished it like a singleplayer game
after a short time and moves on to the next game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Have you ever heard of the word patience?

If im going to be doing the same things over and over again, wrather be done with it quickly then.

else, well, i might miss the boat on the next item wich releases and is cool wich costs me too much gold, since every loot in this game is only time wasting greens, not actually rewarded with the reward you want , since i dont believe in RNGod.

The problem is once you go for lets say a legendary, you cannot just complete everything once, because that is not profitable, you need to farm the same content youve already done time and time again to even get remotly close to a legendary. And EVERY form of easy content becomes a farm if its done too much.

So give up on hopes of legendary, and buy that other item wich is new, and do ‘fun’ content wich ive done 50 times already atleast for the next item,or do the ‘fun’ content another 250 times and get legendary. geez, it smells like a farm. no other way to look at it.

The only thing that drives this is the LS, since thats ‘new, havnt done that 50 times yet’ content. And even now the LS is mindless farming, and not even sugarcoated but blunt collect X of Y to get a PART of Z.

Pay2skin.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Getting gold to convert to gems in order buy cosmetics isn’t horribly grindy or time consuming, at least with the conversion rate during non-peak times.

There’s dungeons and farming, SP→ gold and regular crafting that add up to a decent sum.

Imo, the real sore spot in GW2’s ‘pay2skin’ system is the cost of transmutation. Store bought items should be unlimited usage, as with the Zenith and Celestial/Hellfire skins.

Pay2skin.

Jerus.4350

If repeating content is boring to you well… GL because there really isn’t much content in this game. You could be done within a couple months easy if your goal was simply to do everything once.

My point is simply that I’m sitting here with a legendary and a growing bank account. If I liquefied all my assets I’d probably be sitting pretty at around 2k gold. I don’t farm for gold, I simply do things that I feel would be fun at the time.

Pay2skin.

Thaddeus.4891

Do you understand wasting time? If im working on getting an expensive item, wich would take me 2 months already to complete WITH farming, then doing the same dungeons for 4/5 months would give me about the same without it, If id do PvP for said item it could take me up 8 months.

Worst part is, 4/5 months of doing the SAME dungeons over and over again is a farm in itself wich is definatly not fun or immersive. If the dungeons where actually hard, and youd have some sort of checkpoints with the ‘end’ loot at each checkpoint dungeons would be a lot more fun, and lucrative. But its not they are easy, daily repeatable. and pretty stale if youve done em a few times.

I can take 2 jobs, work 16 hours per day and i’ll pay for my house way faster, so why don’t all ppl that can do that don’t? Ya some particular content will yield more gold per hour. Dungeon is pretty good for that, but crafting precursor yield even more and if you are good with the TP, that’s even better. Still, you don’t talk about play TP, you speak about doing dungeon. That’s already less money per hours, so your point don’t work since dungeon is not the ultimate way to gain gold in-game.

That said, its nitpicking on my a sorry. I understand your point and you are kind of right. The balance between challenge vs time vs reward is not that good in GW2. Fractal 50 is harder than CoF path 1 et 2, take more time, but give you less reward most of the time(unless you are lucky). But I don’t play the game to get the reward as soon as possible. I play the game because I enjoy it. When I want to play fractal I play fractal. When I want to play pvp, i play pvp. When I want to do a relax dungeon run to explain it to a new guildmate, I do that. Sometime I get into dungeon mode and want to complete dungeon as fast as I can for the fun of it. Other time I farm dungeon because I really want a particular skin. I do what I want and I end up by getting the skin i want eventually. I farmed more than I should have for my first legendary and didn’t have any fun in the end. Since then I made 4 more legendary, farmed when I wanted to and always had a great time, never forcing myself into something that I didn’t want.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

monotonous farming.

So everyone should have everything after 2 weeks, and then leave the game because there is nothing more to do ?

Problem is MMOs needs grind, else everyone has finished it like a singleplayer game
after a short time and moves on to the next game.

And again, you miss the point, like i said in this thread hidden burried deep somewhere by now, The only reall way to make items drop in this current system is RNG. Wich needs a revamp like this;

They could have special area items(like the xanthium from AB in this example), wich could have a 90% chance to be soulbound and a 10% chance to be sellable, for example but has an RNG dropate of 10%, so do the dungeon 5 times have a high probability to get skin but unsellable, if you do the dungeon 50 times however you have a chance at a sellable xanthium. RNG fixed, everyone can have item, Make dungeons harder so they take more time/skill, add same reward system to JP’s, a few achievements wich embodies the gameplay style mode people are playing. And you have a rich dropping system.

The beauty is, you can make an item as desirable as possible by making the unsoulbound RNG super low, But the soulbound RNG super high dependant on the content.

During LS1, it took me 2/3 days to complete the LS, Now it takes me less then an hour. See the problem?

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

If repeating content is boring to you well… GL because there really isn’t much content in this game. You could be done within a couple months easy if your goal was simply to do everything once.

My point is simply that I’m sitting here with a legendary and a growing bank account. If I liquefied all my assets I’d probably be sitting pretty at around 2k gold. I don’t farm for gold, I simply do things that I feel would be fun at the time.

The problem isnt somuch repeating, Its repeating and knowing there will never be other stuff you can be repeating (new worthwile dungeon for this example) They are making this game more and more cassual and i can bet you my ears off they wont make any remotly challenging dungeon at all. Since theyve tested the waters with AB, people didnt do it, too hard, no loot.

The updates, in short, arent repeatable from the LS. Not the same as PreLS repeatable content.

Pay2skin.

ErazorZ.5209

Getting gold to convert to gems in order buy cosmetics isn’t horribly grindy or time consuming, at least with the conversion rate during non-peak times.

There’s dungeons and farming, SP-> gold and regular crafting that add up to a decent sum.

Imo, the real sore spot in GW2’s ‘pay2skin’ system is the cost of transmutation. Store bought items should be unlimited usage, as with the Zenith and Celestial/Hellfire skins.

yet as someone pointed out before, you get 25 gold from levelling a new character, It costs 200 gold for 800 gems. that means you need to level 8!!! characters to buy 1 single 800gem purchase in that same time.