Personal Story Restoration update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

They had to re-add some missions that were temporarily removed some time ago and removed a chapter, so it has a couple of bugs. Any characters who didn’t play them after the changes were made or already beat Zhaitan won’t be affected. Just do it again and it’ll proceed as normal. You’ll still get rewards for doing it, so stop complaining.

Adding to this thread about Living Story issues. I had already completed the 4 story missions that you rearranged and was just waiting to do the ships before finally finishing the story. From what I understand my character (Warden Nightray) should have been pushed forward to Victory or Death but now I’m being directed to re-do these four again: Against the Corruption, Cathedral of Silence, Romke’s Final Voyage & Source of Orr. I’m effectively stuck because I shouldn’t have to redo missions I’ve already completed.

Also they show as LVL 70 Missions still which I believe someone else has already mentioned.

Posted by: indyano.6784

indyano.6784

thank god you guys are working on it, thank you for listening Arena XD

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Guess my main won’t be finishing the main story then. I really don’t feel like re-doing 4 missions. If you have credit for it and it’s clearly already showing up in your sidebar as completed they should just progress through it without you actually having to do it. It’s exactly like being able to do the LW2 missions even if you haven’t done one mission of the Scarlet story except in this case anyone who being forced to do this at least has actually already put in the effort and dealt with any bugs or mishaps that happened their first play through.

It’s three short missions, you get a chance to experience the other side of the story split if you haven’t already, and you get rewards again.

Why would you not do them again? It’d only take up less than an hour in full, and then you’d have it done.

Sounds like you’re being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: bandagski.3824

bandagski.3824

so any news on when this is going to be fixed first time player here and its really discouraging to me to have to wait to finish the game especially since I want to see the ending

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

So I just completed the Greatest Fear chapter with Tonn and I noticed that for whatever reason the dialogue is muted in some places during cutscenes. This has also happened in some LS instances as well (in Dragon’s Reach part1 for me). Not sure how far this has spread and I’m hoping you can take a look at it.

Thank you.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

So I just completed the Greatest Fear chapter with Tonn and I noticed that for whatever reason the dialogue is muted in some places during cutscenes. This has also happened in some LS instances as well (in Dragon’s Reach part1 for me). Not sure how far this has spread and I’m hoping you can take a look at it.

Thank you.

This is a bit off topic, but I’ll address it.

I noticed that VO issue the other day in the Black Citadel and sent word over to the Audio team. If you find this happening again, can you create a new thread in the appropriate forum and attach a screenshot? We need to see the chat log output (or the text bubble for the missing VO) to get a repro. Thanks!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience.

Hopefully we don’t have to wait until some Tuesday.

Posted by: naxorg.5148

naxorg.5148

I noticed that VO issue the other day in the Black Citadel and sent word over to the Audio team. If you find this happening again, can you create a new thread in the appropriate forum and attach a screenshot? We need to see the chat log output (or the text bubble for the missing VO) to get a repro. Thanks!

I also played Dragon’s Reach Pt.1 today. It seems that the missing VO sentences are the one directed to your character, not between NPCs. I found them missing on Kasmeer, Taimi and Rytlock iirc. The text does show up in the chat log, can’t remember about the bubbles.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Guess my main won’t be finishing the main story then. I really don’t feel like re-doing 4 missions. If you have credit for it and it’s clearly already showing up in your sidebar as completed they should just progress through it without you actually having to do it. It’s exactly like being able to do the LW2 missions even if you haven’t done one mission of the Scarlet story except in this case anyone who being forced to do this at least has actually already put in the effort and dealt with any bugs or mishaps that happened their first play through.

It’s three short missions, you get a chance to experience the other side of the story split if you haven’t already, and you get rewards again.

Why would you not do them again? It’d only take up less than an hour in full, and then you’d have it done.

Sounds like you’re being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn.

I have to agree with Konig des Todes here.

Imagine you go to the cinema to see “Guild Wars 2: The Movie”, and due to some technical issue, the last 10 minutes of the movie won’t play. The people at the movie theater apologize for the inconvenience, and they fix the issue. They decide to rewind the movie for everyone, and play the last 30 minutes -including the previously broken 10 minutes.
And here you go: “Boo! I don’t want to repeat those extra 20 minutes! I’m leaving, and I guess I’ll never go to the cinema again to watch this movie! Now I’ll never know how it ends, and it’s all your fault!”

Posted by: Faedra.3284

Faedra.3284

Is there any current update regarding the fix for this bug? I just bought the game recently and made it to this bug in the story line. I can’t finish my first toon’s story because of this. Kind of disheartening as a new player :*(

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Is there any current update regarding the fix for this bug?

Nothing that I haven’t already mentioned. The fixes are currently undergoing testing. They’ll be deployed when they’re ready. (Soon™.)

Posted by: Thomas.9670

Thomas.9670

Is there any current update regarding the fix for this bug?

Nothing that I haven’t already mentioned. The fixes are currently undergoing testing. They’ll be deployed when they’re ready. (Soon™.)

Attachments:

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Restore the original, non-level locked way of doing the personal story, that’s a better option.

Yeah, can’t agree more. Before those who wanted to do it in chunks could and those who wanted to do one at time too. Now, everyone is forced to do it in (*cough*stupid*cough*) chunks.

Posted by: Traveler.2751

Traveler.2751

Anxiously awaiting the fix for this. My warrior is my first character to get this far since I started playing again. This bug is already leaving a bad taste.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

I’ve finally convinced my wife to replay the personal stories (we’d beaten it once, but she doesn’t like to group beyond w/ me), and we’ve been having fun with it – but after fighting through numerous bugs in these later missions (I fell down next to the stairs in “A Grisly Shipment”, and Maeva got stuck in the floor well above the hold after we reloaded – though thankfully she still gave out charges, then we got stuck in an endless painful battle because we both disabled the mines in “Armor Guard”), I expect we’ll reach victory or death this weekend. I really hope I don’t need to tell her “sorry, we can’t finish this – even though it doesn’t require a party anymore, the anvils and the shields don’t work, so it’s literally impossible to complete”

I won’t pretend to know why the anvils and shields could suddenly become uninteractive, but other than Maeva getting stuck in the floor – none of these bugs seem like they should be remotely involved to run down. The mines can just be interactive for the mission leader/owner (like every other interaction has been, ever) – the seam in the wall of the stairs is an atrociously simple clipping issue with the map.

Please, fix the final mission soon, we’re actually looking forward to tackling it w/ just 2 people!

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Madara.7435

Madara.7435

I’ve been playing the personal story with my necro in the past 2 weeks and finally reached arah story which was also bugged for me. Regarding the Voiceover in the PS instances, it was bugged only during the cutscenes (not in open world). NPC Text passages with the word “commander” in it were ALWAYS muted, some afterwards aswell. player text passages were fine. I hope this is helpful

———
Madara

Posted by: Kemmotar.2591

Kemmotar.2591

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Correct. Let us know if anything isn’t working in regards to this. Thanks!

Posted by: Manifest.5182

Manifest.5182

Thanks so much for revisiting this thread. I’ve been checking it every day now for a couple weeks and it’s great to see updates here when you have them. As someone on the communications team with an MMO, I appreciate it!

Thomas.9670

Correct. Let us know if anything isn’t working in regards to this. Thanks!

NPCs is still inactive.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

NPCs is still inactive.

I don’t know what you mean by this. Can you provide more information?

Thomas.9670

NPCs is still inactive.

-NPCs are inactive (I think I triggered them after falling down through the airship floor. Zojja ran down to heal me, and when I was revived, all NPCs started to fight. After being killed, the NPCs became inactive again)

This is earlier posted in an support ticket.

Posted by: Kemmotar.2591

Kemmotar.2591

For me it’s working in the fact that I can interact with cannons and anvil and I was able to finish the story.

In the ship while we have to use the cannons, some undead appear, and if you’re solo is very hard to use the cannons and fight the undeads at the same time without any help from NPC (they don’t come to the deck to help fighting, unless you go back to where they are, at that point the go out of the cabin and fight, but when the fight is over they return to the cabin and don’t go out again unless I go back to them with mobs). I think this is what he is saying, correct me if wrong.

Thomas.9670

Finished, but it was insanely hard. I like it!

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

NPCs is still inactive.

-NPCs are inactive (I think I triggered them after falling down through the airship floor. Zojja ran down to heal me, and when I was revived, all NPCs started to fight. After being killed, the NPCs became inactive again)

This is earlier posted in an support ticket.

Destiny’s Edge will fight anything that wanders into the cabin, and they’ll rez you if you go down but I don’t believe they’re set up to fight on deck due to some situations and tech considerations that are specific to this story step. We discussed changing their behavior when we converted Victory or Death to be soloable but it was out of scope for a variety of reasons.

Posted by: Elaysia.1987

Elaysia.1987

Thank you sooo much for fixing Victory or Death. Mine is finally complete, and it was epic!

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Thank you sooo much for fixing Victory or Death. Mine is finally complete, and it was epic!

I’ll relay that to the team. Glad it worked out for you (and others)!

Posted by: Jeduthun.3920

Jeduthun.3920

Last night, our guild sent a 5-man team in to finish our personal stories. The event was a rousing success, but here’s some additional feedback:

- There was at least one cutscene where the voiceover for the first speaker was not played. The second speaker’s voiceover, and those following, were played normally. Most, if not all, of our team members experienced the same missing voiceover simultaneously, so it is most likely not localized to my PC/client.

- We received zero loot from killing mobs. The rewards for the quest were received as normal, but nothing from the mobs killed along the way. Not sure if this is normal, as it’s been a while since I ran this quest on other characters. The lack of any loot, junk included, seemed unusual, especially for such an epic quest. In particular, it seems some of the mini-bosses along the way should have dropped something, even if just a masterwork loot bag.

- The mobs, on the whole, seemed ridiculously easy. Not just the trash mobs (like the risen undead), but the three power core guardians, the Orrian towers, and the Mouth felt more like normal Queensdale mobs than end-game ones. I understand the quest was modified to be soloable, but adding a bit more scaling up for a full team might not be unreasonable. For the record – our team wasn’t a well-coordinated, elite group of ascended-berserker-gear-wearing DPS machines. We were basically what you’d expect in a hastily assembled LFG party.

Just some (hopefully constructive) feedback. Thanks to the team for getting the cannons repaired, but as the saying goes : Give a mouse a cookie….

Posted by: Mameluck.2693

Mameluck.2693

- We received zero loot from killing mobs. The rewards for the quest were received as normal, but nothing from the mobs killed along the way. Not sure if this is normal, as it’s been a while since I ran this quest on other characters. The lack of any loot, junk included, seemed unusual, especially for such an epic quest. In particular, it seems some of the mini-bosses along the way should have dropped something, even if just a masterwork loot bag.

This happens because it’s a Personal Story quest now. You won’t get any loot apart from the reward in any of the PS quests. Had it still been dungeon, then you would’ve gotten loot.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I notice that my living story says i am on chater 7, forging the pact, but i am able to continue on as normal on chapter 8, Against the corruption, so I assume I am more or less fine right?

Well I just beat it, though still says chap 8, finishing the personal story, so unless i did not earn something I should have, I think I am ok.

(edited by TJgalon.5012)

Posted by: Ekliane.5476

Ekliane.5476

I don’t know if it’s the right place, as always I’m a bit confused with that forum who won’t search stuff. Sorry if I give mods extra work.

With this being said, I just wanted to thank whoever was in charge of polishing the Personal Story ; I had to wait a bit to pass “Light in the Darkness” with my reroll(s), but it was all worth it and I finished my human storyline yesterday quite satisfied.

FROM THE PALE TREE TO ARAH

• You don’t feel second-class hero anymore. I don’t know if I was biased towards what I read/heard about Traeharne during my first run of the Personal Story, but the building-up of the Pact and your relation with the Marshal is not so frustrating anymore. He asks for your input, has a bit more character-development, and is globally much more pleasant to be around. It’s not much, just extra dialogs here and there, and to be honest I’m not even sure it wasn’t there before because I don’t have the original story graved in my mind, but I felt… left out of the loop the first time around, frustrated by the fact no one would really acknowledge me. Now ? Not so much. Without stroking my player-ego too much, I felt valued.
  • It feels less clunky. The cinematics, the global “flow” of the story, even the infamous last battle fit together. I actually had the feels for Zott & Elli— kitten you, writers ! I always had this “rushed” feel during my first run, especially in the last three zones. Again, maybe nothing really changed but I hope it’s not just me going mental and that I did not invented the weird cameras-angles and overall rush of quests the first time around. Cos’ it scares me.

POINTS OF INTEREST

• Lots of dialogs got “muted”, especially the first ones (It started with Demmi during the defense of the OFW storyline). I actually wrote down some when it dawned on me that it was recurring, and I’ll post it in the appropriated thread.
  • “My Greatest Fear” choices may be potentially bugged/clunky while grouped. Especially when you share your instance with someone at the same point as you ; the choice my mate (and instance-owner) picked worked fine for him, but I got bumped into another. Strange. Even more strange, he ended up trading his own last objective for mine at the end of Chapter 7.
    To be clearer, it went like this :

1. During CHAPTER 6 – THE BATTLE OF CLAW ISLAND : The Light in The Darkness story instance :
- Instance owner picked ; “Make another suffer” which led to this chain ; Striking off the Chains > Wet Work > Willing Captives.
- I (being at the same point in the story) got instead ; “Dishonored by Allies” which led to this chain ; Shell Shock > Fixing the Blame > Marshaling the Truth.

2. We meet up for the next story instance that we share in common, Battle of Fort Trinity. This time I host it, which led my buddy to be bumped into my chain of events and getting the same final quest than me, even if it did not fit his own chain of events (Delivering Justice which was mine instead of Liberating Apatia, his own).

It worked just fine before the NPE, since we played my 1st Personal Story together. The rest of the story involving choices (like the Orders’ plans) went on fine. So, as a PSA, don’t group for Light In the Darkness or chapter 6/7, I suppose.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Thank you.

This happens in most personal story instances as well as cut scenes in dungeons. You can read the text but some of the vocals do not play. The strange part being the scene waits an appropriate amount of time.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Thank you.

This happens in most personal story instances as well as cut scenes in dungeons. You can read the text but some of the vocals do not play. The strange part being the scene waits an appropriate amount of time.

Some advice courtesy of our audio department: See if moving the audio quality slider to Fastest helps.

F11 > Sound Options > Sound Quality: Fastest

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

Thank you.

Some advice courtesy of our audio department: See if moving the audio quality slider to Fastest helps.

Tested this to see if it helped and at first in the Order of whispers audio it did seem to help. But then i tested it in the Orr personal story steps and the bug reappeard.
So i don’t this the bug is connected to the sound options slider.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

Thank you.

Tested this to see if it helped and at first in the Order of whispers audio it did seem to help. But then i tested it in the Orr personal story steps and the bug reappeard.
So i don’t this the bug is connected to the sound options slider.

OK, thanks for the information. Since this issue isn’t tied to the Personal Story Restoration, I’d appreciate it if people posted their findings in this other thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Audio-Problem/first#post5360836

For the record, I’m not sure the problem is restricted to the Personal Story but may be appearing in other content types. But if you’re experiencing missing VO (or VO that’s failing to play) in the Personal Story you can post info in the above thread. The Audio Team is investigating the issue, so we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

@BobbyStein:

I can’t continue personal story after chapter 7 Forging the Pact.
“My Greatest Fear” should be next in line, but it doesn’t show up on the map or journal
what I tried:
- contacted support and filed a bug report back in June after the update
- contacted support again two days ago
- replayed Forging the Pact with other players for the chance to trigger the next step

Now it’s already been 2 months and my issue hasn’t been resolved and customer support didn’t help besides telling me to bug report it again and write in the forums.

Could you please fix this issue?

I’d really appreciate it!

tyvm

Hi Hidori. Would you mind posting your issue in this other thread?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Skipped-every-mission-in-Orr/first#post5225680

I’ve been tracking some reports and working with a few folks internally to figure out what’s going on with this particular issue. A screenshot and short description of repro steps would be helpful. Keeping it all in a dedicated thread makes it easier.

Do you remember at what point the story steps disappeared from your journal? We’ve had some reports where people have been able to keep playing but the journal entries weren’t displaying. Just want to get as much information as possible so we can investigate. Please post your replies in that thread I mentioned.

Thanks.

Posted by: JanHermann.2436

JanHermann.2436

Hello, I’ve downloaded the client yesterday after a 6-month hiatus and noticed that of my three completed characters only one has the Personal Story marked as complete in the journal (all chapters incl. Victory or Death). The other two were done with it a while ago (8-14 months ago) and now are stuck on chapters 6 and 7 respectively. I can’t play or replay anything concerning the Personal Story with them since it doesnt have anything “clickable” in the journal or the content guide. The game seems to remember them finishing it but doesn’t display it as such. The customer service has referred me to this forum.

Posted by: Lyzandia.9135

Lyzandia.9135

My personal story log now says I am back on Chapter 7, Forging the Pact.

But the steps I am going through in the actual quests I am getting is Chapter 8 (I am up to Through the Looking Glass again). Will I actually finish my Personal Story if I keep going?

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

My personal story log now says I am back on Chapter 7, Forging the Pact.

But the steps I am going through in the actual quests I am getting is Chapter 8 (I am up to Through the Looking Glass again). Will I actually finish my Personal Story if I keep going?

Hi Lyzandia. This is a known issue that we’re currently investigating. If you don’t mind, please post your information (e.g. a screenshot of your Story Journal and Content Guide UI) in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Skipped-every-mission-in-Orr/first#post5225680

Thanks much.

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

I noticed that during leveling prior to lvl 80 the next level reward tool tips shows that Chapter 8 of the personal story is unlocked at lvl 79 but it is really unlocked at lvl 80.

Also the Cleansing of Orr arc in Chapter 8 is still at level 70 so completing these rewards the player with level 70 gear which is unusable (good thing it is sell-able and salvageable) most of the time since higher gear have dropped during the course of leveling from 70-80 and the first few rewards of the earlier story instances.

The solo arah story dungeon needs a little work in the airship stages since all the NPCs are hiding inside the ship not helping out while the deck is overrun with undead. The easiest way I found to survive is to pull them into the bridge then only Caithe reacts and help, well in one circumstance the guard in front helped after he was hit by enemy AoE.

Just a request, I hope that the story dungeons be made solo-able like the Arah dungeon and be part of the Personal story chain to make the lore and story complete and congruent. for example the “Setting the stage” story is unlocked at lvl 40 but ascalon catacombs story is unlocked at lvl 30 which really does not make sense if you follow the story via character level.

Posted by: Kevin Ardinez.8906

Kevin Ardinez.8906

is it possible to input Dungeon Story mode into Personal story, the Dungeon story is a huge part of the story of Destiny’s edge reunification, having other players around who are just doing it just to unlock explorable mode and skipping everything story related, and its rare to find people who are just new to gw2 and wanted to experience it, its a pain for people who are paying attention to the story, I really wish when it comes to story it shouldnt involves other players around.

Pamation nato ron ang sugilanon sa usa ka kapuluanon

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It woudl be, but it would also require a bit of dialogue changing or else potentially feel jarring. There’s also the matter of rebalancing them not just to number of players but level as well, and then the matter of placement within the personal story – the best place to put them would be between chapters, but even if AC is put directly after Setting the Stage story step, you’d still have only the breaks between chapter 4-5, chapters 5-6, chapters 6-7, and chapters 7-8. Though one could argue placing some in the middle of chapter 8 given that chapter 8 itself is three separate storylines all dealing in Orr (effectively the size of three chapters.

Ideal placement, with minimal work involved, in my opinion would be:

Setting the Stage (moved to end of Chapter 3) → AC → Chapter 4 (Order intro storyline) → CM → Chapter 5 (racial sympathy storyline) → TA → Chapter 6 (Claw Island) → SE → Forging the Pact (minor dialogue rewrite at end) → CoF → rest of Chapter 7 → HotW → Pre-Further into Orr Chapter 8 → CoE → Remainder of Chapter 8 (ending with Arah and after-party)

CoF deals with the Pact, so it can’t be pre-Chapter 6 the end of which sees the formation of the Pact, though it’d be best after Forging the Pact IMO. It wouldn’t make much sense to go into Fireheart Rise after defending Fort Trinity either, IMO; it doesn’t much for HotW but that’s what it is and it would make less sense to go to Honor of the Waves while you’re deep in Orr (while less sense for going into CoE because that involves with research into dragon minions, which is later used against Zhaitan, and is very close to Fort Trinity thus posing a potential threat to the Pact). Placing CoF in the middle of Chapter 7 also prevents bunching dungeons next to each other.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

I know this is really late but I just want to say thank you for listening to players in this particular matter. I watched my husband do the personal story long ago, and when I finally got to start doing it I noticed scenes that I remembered were no longer there. Characters I know had some background chapters just appeared there like they knew you and everything seemed….disconnected. Discouraged, I stopped doing the Personal Story. Now I am very eager to start my personal adventure from the beginning. Thank you Arena, for listening to players that appreciate and value this immersive solo experience.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

I know this is really late but I just want to say thank you for listening to players in this particular matter. … Thank you Arena, for listening to players that appreciate and value this immersive solo experience.

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to us.

I just want to express my gratitude to everyone who contributed their thoughts, opinions, and ideas regarding the Personal Story changes. The response was overwhelming, and it was one of the reasons why we focused not on simply putting things backs the way they were, but on improving the overall experience where possible. It showed us that there are lots of people playing our game who care about the story. Thanks for speaking up.

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

One other thing: the Story Journal display bug should be fixed with the release of Heart of Thorns. It wasn’t caused by (or directly related to) the Personal Story restoration effort, but was impacting some players who were actively doing the content. Thanks for your patience, and for bringing it to our attention.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Thank you Story Team for all the effort. I hope the personal story can continue to improve and polish, and even grow!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: IvanGrasp.5190

IvanGrasp.5190

I don’t know if this is related to the update with HoT but my PS got changed a bit I think. I just read the wiki and realized that I’m in the wrong “line”. I chose the “make another suffer” answer in A light in the darkness but I just finished the shell shock mission, I read the wiki and realized that, according to the article of the mission, that’s the “fail my allies” line.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Posted by: mwobey.6702

mwobey.6702

This also happened to me — I chose “let an innocent die”, and I also got the Shell Shock/Syska line. I caught it because during the Battle at Fort Trinity, Traehearne started talking about someone named Tonn as if I were supposed to know this person… After that mission, my story reverted back to Syska with Delivering Justice.

Posted by: Hokum.5439

Hokum.5439

I don’t know if this is related to the update with HoT but my PS got changed a bit I think. I just read the wiki and realized that I’m in the wrong “line”. I chose the “make another suffer” answer in A light in the darkness but I just finished the shell shock mission, I read the wiki and realized that, according to the article of the mission, that’s the “fail my allies” line.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Yep, chose the ‘suffer’ option, got the ‘dishonored’ mission instead.