Piolt jokes really? too soon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Except nobody is making fun of the Germanwings crash.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

If you’re going to make a thread to whine, at least learn spelling decently enough for your title.

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

After all the hulla balloo about this on other threads……..You started a whole new thread to say this………………………………………………………………………. So does this mean we should stop all references to aviation ingame for the next one year while you all recover from the shock ? -__-

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It is obviously unintentional but definitely is quite insensitive to have such a joke so soon after the crash.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

They should remove the chainsaw greatsword as it is a tribute to Ed Gein.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

too soon to be making fun of the germanwings crash anet, yall are trolls

No, it’s clearly making fun of Amelia Earhart’s tragic death.

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

The thing people aren’t getting is that it isn’t RELATED TO REAL PLANES OR PLANE CRASHES.
It’s about being a kid and running around pretending to be a plane.
Did none of you have a childhood?
Y’all jaded as kitten.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It’s based on this old bug: (Link)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m fairly sure that this content was being worked on well before that terrible event happened anyway. And I don’t think it’s tasteless. What I do think is that all these topics that are taking up pretty much an entire full page should all be merged into two topics:

One for “I love this April Fool’s Joke!”
One for “I hate this April Fool’s Joke!”

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m fairly sure that this content was being worked on well before that terrible event happened anyway. And I don’t think it’s tasteless. What I do think is that all these topics that are taking up pretty much an entire full page should all be merged into two topics:

I’d imagine some of it will just get canned. They can do whatever they want to the threads as long as they leave the screen shot thread alone.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

And WvW is the apology of war in the Middle East, let’s censor the game! /sarcasm

Seriously, people shouldn’t be more catholic than the pope: you’re trying to be too politically correct. Stuff happens in the world, and an innocent joke to you is a mean troll about a catastrophe? You must be fun at parties!

It’s a JOKE, in a GAME, and NOTHING is related to the accident. Go to sleep for a day or two then come back and stop bothering people with your unrelated concerns.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So, why haven’t all these threads been merged yet? I’m also surprised there’s been no staff comment on the current sentiments.

Posted by: Umiyaki.4367

Umiyaki.4367

Why should I go to sleep? I just want to play without this “joke”. Off button and it was interesting to see how many people would be “flying” and how many played normally.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

That’s not the point. There are so many people thinking of the germanwings crash when seeing this april joke. I do not think ANet did this on purpose, however I can see why some people find it insensitive. They didn’t think it through much.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

There are so many people thinking of the germanwings crash when seeing this april joke. I do not think ANet did this on purpose, however I can see why some people find it insensitive. They didn’t think it through much.

^this

I don´t find the joke itself to be very offensive/insensitive, even though it immediately reminded me of the germanwings crash. It´s mostly the people in map chat making inappropriate comments that bothers me, which istn´t exactly anet´s fault… but it kinda is xD
They really should´ve thought about this more before releasing it.

Also, it is annoying and not funny, regardless of the circumstances.

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

something from the 1930s era can’t really be considered too soon.

we’re also mimicing a completely different type of plane than anything still used today.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

VergilDeZaniah.3295

That’s not the point. There are so many people thinking of the germanwings crash when seeing this april joke. I do not think ANet did this on purpose, however I can see why some people find it insensitive. They didn’t think it through much.

“It’s really insensitive that ANet releases a game where people fight and are killed by other people while war is raging in the world.”

If we had to listen to “some” people, we won’t be able to do anything in a video game. In WvW, we won’t be able to use dolyaks for supplies since PeTA will be around telling us it’s bad to use animals as a tool (could we say the same about Charrs?). We kill animals for their meat too, and we kill zombies (“they were humans before!”).

I could bet my shirt that people that are offended by an “airplane mode” (because, really, it isn’t even close to related to the crash) aren’t by what’s happening right now in other parts of the world.

If people are that easily offended, they’d better stop playing video games, because there will always be something that people consider offensive. People are too sensitive these days.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Some admin should delete/lock all the post winning about they didn’t like the joke. Just don’t play for today and it will be ok.
Trolling for the sake of trolling is idiotic and annoying, when so many post are posted by the same person with different nicknames.

Jeeezzzz……

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They should also lock and delete the posts of people complaining about people being offended. There’s like half a dozen of these now, too.

Just sayin’.

VergilDeZaniah.3295

To every offended person QQing on this forum:

Attachments:

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Arena Net had april fools planned out way before it happened, so its not like they knew about it, and they didn’t have time to redesign another april fools in time.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

They should also lock and delete the posts of people complaining about people being offended. There’s like half a dozen of these now, too.

Just sayin’.

Once they delete the winning post, also will be deleted the ones that complain about the complaining.
Easily fixable you see.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Laraley.7695

“It’s really insensitive that ANet releases a game where people fight and are killed by other people while war is raging in the world.”

If we had to listen to “some” people, we won’t be able to do anything in a video game. In WvW, we won’t be able to use dolyaks for supplies since PeTA will be around telling us it’s bad to use animals as a tool (could we say the same about Charrs?). We kill animals for their meat too, and we kill zombies (“they were humans before!”).

I could bet my shirt that people that are offended by an “airplane mode” (because, really, it isn’t even close to related to the crash) aren’t by what’s happening right now in other parts of the world.

If people are that easily offended, they’d better stop playing video games, because there will always be something that people consider offensive. People are too sensitive these days.

Not really, it’s how assosciations work. It happened only a few days ago. The moment I logged in and I saw a plane, I didn’t know what it was supposed to mean and the tragedy was one of the first things that came into my mind. Not because I wanted to complain, I’m not really offended by it but I can see why others are.

Some people truly are offended by other things in the game and they stop playing it. The difference is this one affected more people.

That’s true. But ANet should care about keeping their playerbase, it’s not really that big.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not really, it’s how assosciations work. It happened only a few days ago. The moment I logged in and I saw a plane, I didn’t know what it was supposed to mean and the tragedy was one of the first things that came into my mind.

I logged on the my firs thought was, “I gotta get my boyfriend to log in today, he’ll love this!” (we’re both into oldtimy airplanes) and I immediately started planning out backdrops for screenshots. The one thing that for the first time in a week wasn’t at the forefront of my mind was the modern commercial airplane that crashed. And I’m German. I’ve had my share of plane crash media…

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

It is obviously unintentional but definitely is quite insensitive to have such a joke so soon after the crash.

One would assume that this joke took some preparation. So I’d imagine the joke was thought up and worked on well before this plane crash

Laraley.7695

One would assume that this joke took some preparation. So I’d imagine the joke was thought up and worked on well before this plane crash

Hardly, it’s based on a bug. Far from thought up and worked on well.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

The victory music for crashing and falling to your death is too much.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Plane. Wrummmmm viuuuuuuu viuuuuuuu.

Am i making fun of anything here? Nop. Just making plane sounds. Now go to the park and slap all the kids making those sounds. And adults too. Maybe some elderly too just because. Make sure you report anybody ingame making those sounds.