Place your PAX bets!

Place your PAX bets!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

So it’s finally time for the PAX presentation. Here’s a good time to place your ideas of what will happen, XD so you can say I told you so later.

Extra points if you go all out and make, I dunno, a bingo card or something.

My personal bets of the the top of my head are:
- It’ll be an expansion but will be called something else because if some weird twist they’ve put in the idea of expansion
- Fishing
- Some form of housing, at least Guild Halls.
- No new races

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Expansion with a living story attached to it. Not only expanding into the maguma jungle, but also elona. (the original expansions of gw1 were equal size as the original, I dont think elona or cantha alone will cut it?)

Something to do with guilds, gvg and guildhalls/armours.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Collectable hats.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

Lets see….
Its living story season 3 not xpac.
No new races or classes.
More tuning to WvWvW when it should just be rebuilt from the ground up.
Maybe some new lands in conjunction to living story.
Maybe new legendaries.
Many people will rage and diehards will continue their sophistry and regurgitate “This just isnt the MMO for you” as per protocol.

Dont get me wrong I would be ecstatic if im wrong.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

PvE

• Living Story Season 2 will be bundled with HoT, if it turns out to be a paid expac.
  • Large amount of land in Magumma + Janthir Isles opened up.
  • At least one new dungeon to house Mordemoth.
  • New Fractals.
  • Existing weapons opened up to other classes.
  • Precursor crafting. If this gets implemented, new Legendary gear as well. The style of crafting these will follow the likes of Mawdrey.

WvW

• At least one new map
  • New WvW skill lines

SPvP

• New game modes
  • New reward tracks
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Safe bets:

Not a traditional expansion pack
Raids of some sort

Less safe bets

New maps in magnum and crystal desert
New weapons, or ability to learn a weapon outside of class specialty
Centaurs as a playable race, with their own unique story line

Absurd guesses

New maps to include underpopulated Wildstar maps
New storyline pits Caithe against Rytlock concluding in an epic rap battle

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

New areas without any doubt.
And it won’t be any new continent.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

My bet:-

B2P Expansion.

I am just wondering if they will allow it to be bought via the gem store with in game gems (unlikely because they will want real $$$ which is fair enough in my opinion).

Are they going to do anything to avoid splitting the player base ie…those with just GW2 and those with GW2+expansion.

And of course the BIG question what’s in the expansion?

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Just guesses:

• Heart of Thorns will merge Personal Story with Living Story. From that Point on there will be no two Story Systems anymore, but just one, the so called “Dynamic Story System” as a preparation of reintroducing somewhen later a replayable Season 1, maybe it will also reintroduce directly a replayable Season one and players, who buy HoT and haven’t been playing so far Season 1 and 2 will unlock with HoT those 2 Seasons, kitten was basically the ground stone for S2 which led to HoT’s Story Part.
    So it would be silly, if players buy HoT and have never played before the Events, that led to HoT. So I think HoT will work as some kind of “Ending of the Trilogy” for the Mordremoth Arc, that will work as Unlocker for the previous Seasons also
  • We will get some more new explorable High End Maps in the Maguuma Jungle West and North of the Silver Waste as also Maps, that leed us into the deeper Jungle of the Magus Falls Region to make alot more of the Maguuma Wastes and Jungle explorable.
  • I also believe in at least 1 new Dungeon with 4 Paths like Ruins of Orr
  • With the Replayability of Season 1, some of the later added Fractals that got added only, so that people could still fight against the Anomaly, Mai Trin and against the Fiery Alliance Duo, will get removed and exchanged with complete new Fractals, one of the replacements will be the Abaddon Fractal, that we would have gotten, if Evon would have won. All the work in that Fractal would be wasted, if we wouldn’t get it later also at a point where it makes sense.
    So we will see basically 3 new Fractals that will replace those 3 Season 1 Fractals.
    The Achievements from those Season 1 Fractals will be reworked/renamed into the replayable Season 1 Achievements
  • We will see Guild Halls and various Forms of new Raid Gameplay, like Guild Crusades or Battlefields ect.
  • We will see Jeweler & Chef getting finally 500 including Precursor Crafting
  • We will see new Legendary Weapons and new Legendary Accessoires craftable from Jeweler 500 including new Ascended Runes and Sigils as a new QoL Feature to bring the Build Creating Simplicity from PvP over to PvE and WvW by lettign Players unlock Runes and Sigils for the Account through Ascended Runes/Sigils
  • We will see a new Build Template System also for that.
  • All Classes will receive 2 new already existing Weapon plus some new Healing, Utility and Elite Skills
  • SPvP will receive some new Maps as also some new Gameplay Modes, like Duelling (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) All vs All Last Man Standing and a with PvE elements mixed “Colosseum”
  • Lots of new things for the Gemstore in form of New Minipets, Outfits, Finishers, Gatherign Tools, Dances, Hair Styles, Eye/Hair Colors, Toys, Mail Carriers ect.
  • A Redesign to the Trait System
  • a new Dragonite Ore Eater (my personal guess that id love to see, we get that Dragon Egg and that Dragon Baby becomes our ally and we have to feed it with Dragonite Ore to make it stronger and in return we get gifts from it)

If anything from this becomes true, then I won’t be disappointed ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

They will announce Zhaitan didn’t die, and we now have to fight both him and Mordy.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Nothing about an xpac.

Heart of Thorns is the theme for 2015’s series of LS segments that will be delivered as all previous LS patches.

New areas and at least a few new outfits will be released in concordance with the new LS segments.

Spring and fall feature packs as usual.

Buy more gems, expect less, be elated when they provide more.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Lots and lots of features that will be taken from the Chinese release and unleashed upon us as ‘new’. Subscription option with free gems per month?

Hoping for all the things mentioned in 2012, precursor hunt for example.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

I think we’ll get an xpac, but not the type a lot of people are hoping for. I think we’ll see most of Magumma opened up and maybe the crystal desert. Either a dungeon or teq type fight for Mordemoth. No new playable race or new class.

Maybe guild halls, maybe new weapons or classes will be able to use weapons they couldn’t use before.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: JurahEscorial.9147

JurahEscorial.9147

Likely:

Feature Pack including some of the following
> Balance Updates
> Guild Halls
> New sPvP Modes/Maps (Deathmatch, 1v1, 3v3, …)
> Trait/Item/Skill Templates
> New Living Story System that combines Personal Story and Season 1-3
> New Crafting & New Items
> Gem Store Updates (Skins, Toys, Boosts, ..)
> Few new Skills/Traits
> Condition PvE Rework
> Underwater Combat Rework

+ New Living Story (Season 3) about Mordremoth
+ New Dungeon to fight Mordremoth
+ Few new PvE maps for the new Season (Maguuma Jungle)

Not Likely (but very much wanted):

Traditional GW-Style Campaign with
> New races
> New classes
> variety of new maps (based on Turai Ossas appearance maybe Crystal Dessert)
>> Maybe even new continent (like Elona)

Other Ideas
> Polymock (!)
> New Dances
> Weapon Dyes

Asura: “You drove it away, you know that!? I’ve never seen a golem run that fast.”
Sylvari: “I just wanted to ask it a few questions.”
Asura: “You asked it about its mother!”

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Weird guess:

It’s a paid for alternate version of the currently existing zones progressed in time a little, to a moment when Mordremoth has covered almost everything in vines and seems to be winning. Characters get a time-travel device to switch from classic GW2 to the new thorny version that has tons of completely new content.

Hoping for: a fix to the frequent 7:11 error disconnects that have been plaguing me for many months now, or at least a decent reconnect option.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns – The Soundtrack!

No, but for real. Hoping for new classes, maps, and weapons mainly. Dervish/Ritualist? Tarnished Coast/Magumma? Land spears? Yes please!

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

(edited by piano man.1672)

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

- We’re exploring every possibility
- Nothing is off the table
- Sure, it is possible to be in-game some day in the future
- eSports!!!
- Exciting new features related to NPE for China version which will eventually be part of NA/EU versions
- Living Story
- Scarlet Briar’s resurrection
- Coming Soon

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

5000 diamond says that it will HIT HARD………………

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

PvE:
- new Maps (around 8 )
- Raids (most likely included as a type of Guild Missions)
- Story gets continued in some way
- Last 500 crafting implemented
- new legendarys craftable through other ways than hardcore farming and rng
- Housing / Guild halls update / implementation
- More account unlocks
- around 70% hardcore features 30% casual features I would say

WvW:
- gameplay changed slightly in some way either through ppk or some other improvement to how the siege/def mechanic works, helping smaller groups
-

PvP:
- ladders / seasons
- current web page for leader board gets implemented in game
- new gamemode
- more pvp exclusive things (more armor, weapons, titles,…)
- MAKING PVP ESPORTZ

General:
- new Class (probably 3rd heavy)
- UI updates for many things (lfg, guild, pvp)

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Expansion with:
-No new maps
-No new professions
-New heal skill that is available for all professions

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

I doubt it’ll be an expansion pack. But a pack expansion is entirely possible like 4 more slots in your standard backpack !

Oh and a new 10 man raid where 9 players fight super hard bosses while one player plays as Traherne and steals all their glory and loot.

Excellent! :-)

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

“An announcement that will change Tyria forever!”

They are closing GW2?

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Lord Wolfbane I V.7628

Lord Wolfbane I V.7628

Colin walks to centre stage (waits for silence) then humbly announces ………… He let the dogs out and walks off stage

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Just guesses:

• Heart of Thorns will merge Personal Story with Living Story. From that Point on there will be no two Story Systems anymore, but just one, the so called “Dynamic Story System” as a preparation of reintroducing somewhen later a replayable Season 1, maybe it will also reintroduce directly a replayable Season one and players, who buy HoT and haven’t been playing so far Season 1 and 2 will unlock with HoT those 2 Seasons, kitten was basically the ground stone for S2 which led to HoT’s Story Part.
    So it would be silly, if players buy HoT and have never played before the Events, that led to HoT. So I think HoT will work as some kind of “Ending of the Trilogy” for the Mordremoth Arc, that will work as Unlocker for the previous Seasons also
  • We will get some more new explorable High End Maps in the Maguuma Jungle West and North of the Silver Waste as also Maps, that leed us into the deeper Jungle of the Magus Falls Region to make alot more of the Maguuma Wastes and Jungle explorable.
  • I also believe in at least 1 new Dungeon with 4 Paths like Ruins of Orr
  • With the Replayability of Season 1, some of the later added Fractals that got added only, so that people could still fight against the Anomaly, Mai Trin and against the Fiery Alliance Duo, will get removed and exchanged with complete new Fractals, one of the replacements will be the Abaddon Fractal, that we would have gotten, if Evon would have won. All the work in that Fractal would be wasted, if we wouldn’t get it later also at a point where it makes sense.
    So we will see basically 3 new Fractals that will replace those 3 Season 1 Fractals.
    The Achievements from those Season 1 Fractals will be reworked/renamed into the replayable Season 1 Achievements
  • We will see Guild Halls and various Forms of new Raid Gameplay, like Guild Crusades or Battlefields ect.
  • We will see Jeweler & Chef getting finally 500 including Precursor Crafting
  • We will see new Legendary Weapons and new Legendary Accessoires craftable from Jeweler 500 including new Ascended Runes and Sigils as a new QoL Feature to bring the Build Creating Simplicity from PvP over to PvE and WvW by lettign Players unlock Runes and Sigils for the Account through Ascended Runes/Sigils
  • We will see a new Build Template System also for that.
  • All Classes will receive 2 new already existing Weapon plus some new Healing, Utility and Elite Skills
  • SPvP will receive some new Maps as also some new Gameplay Modes, like Duelling (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) All vs All Last Man Standing and a with PvE elements mixed “Colosseum”
  • Lots of new things for the Gemstore in form of New Minipets, Outfits, Finishers, Gatherign Tools, Dances, Hair Styles, Eye/Hair Colors, Toys, Mail Carriers ect.
  • A Redesign to the Trait System
  • a new Dragonite Ore Eater (my personal guess that id love to see, we get that Dragon Egg and that Dragon Baby becomes our ally and we have to feed it with Dragonite Ore to make it stronger and in return we get gifts from it)

If anything from this becomes true, then I won’t be disappointed ^^

All of these would be amazing.

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

PvE:
- new Maps (around 8 ) Check
- Raids (most likely included as a type of Guild Missions) Maybe hinted at (“Group content”)
- Story gets continued in some way Check
- Last 500 crafting implemented Not Confirmed
- new legendarys craftable through other ways than hardcore farming and rng Check
- Housing / Guild halls update / implementation Check
- More account unlocks Check
- around 70% hardcore features 30% casual features I would say

WvW:
- gameplay changed slightly in some way either through ppk or some other improvement to how the siege/def mechanic works, helping smaller groups
Check

PvP:
- ladders / seasons Not mentioned
- current web page for leader board gets implemented in game Check
- new gamemode Check
- more pvp exclusive things (more armor, weapons, titles,…) Not mentioned
- MAKING PVP ESPORTZ :)

General:
- new Class (probably 3rd heavy) CHECK
- UI updates for many things (lfg, guild, pvp) Not Mentioned

9 Points

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

(edited by Dwaynas Avatar.1562)

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hmmm,

I predict:

a new WvW borderland

a new SPvP mode including a GvG ladder

a new profession

a new blend of both horizontal and vertical progression…without either a level cap increase or new gear tier

I am going to go out on a limb (chuckle) and predict character flight of some sort, perhaps hang gliders ?

Hmm, Great sword for Necro maybe ?

Place your PAX bets!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Summary of my Predictions:

• New High End Map – Check
  • Guild Halls – Check
  • Crafting Progression (through Masteries) – Check
  • New Legendary Weapons – Check
  • New Weapons for Classes (through Specializations cough Sub Classes ^^) – Check
  • New SPvP Game Mode – Check
  • Redesign to Traits (through Masteries basically) Half-Check

Makes basically for me 6,5 Points

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside