Players age, and Guilds

Players age, and Guilds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tazmin.4965

Tazmin.4965

Not sure if I’m asking this in the right section but hey ho.
So curiosity got the better of me and I thought I would ask on here.
I was wondering how many of you out there are in the older age range, ie 30 and above, and also how many are still looking for a guild to join that has a majority of older players?

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

The only things you’ll find on this forum will be biases and more biases.

Why ? Because, the part of the player’s population who posts in the forum is not representative of the in game population. People here usually tends to be older so your stats will be biased.

Btw, I’m 23, already in a guild with my friends. The average age of said guild is probably round 30-35.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ack! Older is 30? Poor me. ; )

Players age, and Guilds

Tazmin.4965

Well older than sixteen anyways lol.
I include myself in the older age range btw.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I was wondering how many of you out there are in the older age range, ie 30 and above, and also how many are still looking for a guild to join that has a majority of older players?

Older age range?!?!! How dare you!

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

As I look in the rear-view mirror of life, I believe I can just about see 30… way way back there somewhere.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Older range is 30 plus?

Looks like logans run came true..

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Logan’s Run.
I’d be a runner and a veteran at that by at least 10yrs. (edit: I forgot age of death is 30 not 21 )
I’m in a guild that is completely ranged in age. A lot of 20 something, a couple of 30’s, 40’s, & beyond, the rest are teenagers.
It’s not so bad until they start saying, “Wow, 40 is really old”
I want to respond, “Would you say that to your mom?”
Anyway the temptation is there to find a guild with more of the ‘older’ people in it, but I have put a lot of time,gold,influence,and friendship into this one.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Older range is 30 plus?

FTW

OP: Well sonny, I can remember back when we used to have to walk 12 miles, thru driving snow, uphill; just to play a computer game and we were thankful.

Why you young whipper snapper…

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We have a lot of older people in my guild. I’m 51. My wife plays too (she’s about my age). A few people in the guild are older than me, most are younger. Several people in their 20s as well. It’s a pretty good mix of ages…but a lot more older people than most would think.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Ack! Older is 30? Poor me. ; )

I know. Puppies.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m 25. I usually have 16-30ish year old players with me usually (and the occasional disabled/retired 40+ or 60+ as I did in GW 1).

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

21. Most people I play with are between 23 and 34

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

30 is probably young for my guild.

The average gamer is mid 20s to mid 40s, and I think we average mid 30s. We do have at least two youths though. Teenagers have better things to do than play games these days. Like texting on facespam…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“Growing old is a requirement…
…Growing up is optional”

Age is but a number that means very little in the grand scheme of things…

But, since you asked nicely, I am 29, will be 30 this year. Most of the people that I used to play with are much younger than I…18-23 range.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

You really think the forums are going to give you any kind of real meaningful answers… it represents like>1% of the player base.
Anyhow not even sure why your asking such things, why so curious about peoples ages – If your enjoying the game then the age of those either inside or outside of guild shouldn’t make any difference.

Players age, and Guilds

Tazmin.4965

You really think the forums are going to give you any kind of real meaningful answers… it represents like>1% of the player base.
Anyhow not even sure why your asking such things, why so curious about peoples ages – If your enjoying the game then the age of those either inside or outside of guild shouldn’t make any difference.

No I don’t think that I’m going to get a true representation, however it is nice to know that there are more gamers out there in my age range.
I understand age is not that important, but it does have some impact on the gameplay depending on the age of the people you game with, as I’m sure people will have had experience with.
Oh and I’m not asking people to tell me their actual age, just their age range.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I think peoples surprise about higher age in MMO’s is do to the fact they forget something very important. The first MMO’s or MMO style games came out in early 80’s and 90’s. Now if a person played and loved a game in say 1999 with Everquest, and they were maybe 15, they would now be 29. Some may have played back then at higher ages, so really we have a pretty large player base in many MMO’s of 30+ aged people. They didn’t simply stop at their first mmo, they may have moved on to different games one after another. And just because they aged doesn’t mean they can’t play those MMO’s anymore.

Try not to take numbers from forums though, as they do not represent a large amount of the playerbase. I know people in their teens to 50’s who still play MMO’s. I’m not able to back this up by facts as I don’t feel like doing the research at the moment, but I would say a large amount of MMO players are between 25-38. That a large number of 13-19 year olds migrate to certain genres, and the rest fan out. And the players who are 20-35 right now will be the 40+’s in future MMO’s

My birthday is this month.. and I can say I sure do feel old, even if I’m not as old as some, I feel so because of my experiences. MMO’s really help us feel young again, especially those of us who had no chance to really have a childhood.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

The founder of the guild I played with in WoW died back in 2007… he was 60 years old at the time, but knowing him (I knew him for about 10 years before we started in WoW), if he was still alive, he would still be playing today.

And in GW2 I’m member of a rather large multi game guild directed at the older players, minimun age is 25, there are member right into their 60’s, and I know of at least one other similar big guild in the server.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

My guild, which has 600+ members, is for people 30 years old and older. I also am in a smaller guild that is comprised of 30 years + people. As you can see there are a lot of older gamers out there. Many of our members are in their 50’s and 60’s.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

My guild, which has 600+ members,

I thought the max size of a guild in GW2 is 500?

Anyway, the youngest active member of my guild is over 21. Most of our members range from 35-50 yrs.

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Older range is 30 plus?

ROFL really!

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I am 20 but not in a guild… Wait, why am I posting this? Ah well… (lonely)

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

My guild, which has 600+ members,

I thought the max size of a guild in GW2 is 500?

Anyway, the youngest active member of my guild is over 21. Most of our members range from 35-50 yrs.

You are right, we are split into three separate guilds because of that cap. We still consider ourselves one guild and have a web site where we can still pretend we are all together. LOL

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

There are a few “old timers” guilds that I know that move from game to game. Minimum age requirement to join was 40. Least it was when I was invited to join a decade ago. I politely declined (given I was already in an incredible guild and still am.)

Birthday #56 coming in a few months. And I’m happy to report I’m young compared to many folks I’ve played with, including an 80 year old gentleman who is still keeping up with his grandkids online, and a lot of folks in their mid to late 60s.

One of the things that I have held as true for decades is that maturity and chronological age have nothing to do with each other. Some of the best folks I’ve enjoyed playing with were in their teens and 20s. And some of the worst offenders in some of the worst community games were mid-30s to mid-40s (e.g. so called “adults”.)

Informal surveys about 7 years ago put the median age range of a MMO player at about 35. I’m sure a lot depends on the particular MMO being surveyed.

@Tazmin, if you’re really interested in finding a good guild within a particular age range, you can always head over to the guilds forum and try your luck there:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds

Good luck and happy gaming!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

58 and in the same guild for 7 years now since the original GW.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Vickley.6103

Vickley.6103

Im 31. I gotta say, this is one of the few mmos where i dont feel old enough to be everyones mum! (So either there are more older players, or this game just attracts a more mature crowd)

Eta: Im not in a guild though (havent really found one tbh) so i cant coment on that perspective, just from my interactions from floating around

Players age, and Guilds

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

43, in 2 guilds…one that is family and friends all 30+ and another that has varying ages but is run by people around my age.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]