Players mass-reporting other players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

Hi guys. Ever since I started helping a guildie out with her living story I have noticed something disturbing. There is a trend of players encouraging others to “mass report” other players in order to try and get them banned.

My guildie is relatively new to this game. The level of abuse she got recently really upset her, as did players telling her she was going to be banned because them and their friends were all reporting her. Unfortunately, she didn’t take any screenshots – but another guild member did.

Enclosed is a screenshot showing some players threatening to “mass-report” other players. What I’d like from Anet is a confirmation: can you get banned just because lots of other players report you, even if you’re just playing the game as intended (e.g completing an event that others are trying to exploit?) Or can players be banned for reporting maliciously – that is, using the report function as a weapon because they dislike another player/what that player is doing?

I think someone needs to clear things up because no new player should be made to feel awful just for playing the game as it was intended to be played. And players threatening to get other players banned through mass reporting (getting their friends/guild members/the whole map to report one person) seems like very disturbing behavior.

Here’s the collection of screens: [Image Redacted. Do not “name and shame” in posts or in screenshots.]]

How does the community feel about this?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

These reports won’t go anywhere. It’s blatant abuse of the report feature, even if players are completing ONLY to troll the farmers, Anet technically cannot do anything. It’s just players word against another players word.

The event is supposed to be completed, this is a problem that has occured more than a few times that has trained the community to react like this.

In this particular instance, the event actually needs to be completed for a major part of the game. Anet WILL NOT allow this to go on, they’ll correct their mistake and their accidental conditioning of the community to exploit event mechanics. When this will stop, and they’ll think of a working system, I don’t know. But I’m sure they’re fully aware of it, especially as of now.

I feel bad for your friend, and I hope you can show her a better side of the community. Farmers in general tend to lean towards this horrible instant gratification attitude, so interrupting their ‘work’ that’s out in the open and in this case a dual purposed event, will make them cry and whine like theres NOTHING else in the game to do/make money off of.

I have a little faith in Anet to take away this horrible zerg conditioning to intentionally avoid all mechanics and fail events, it’s their job to direct the community to what they want to be done. This mass reporting is the result of very poor community conditioning and poor direction.

Sorry I went off and ranted but.. Your friend doesn’t need to worry, and I highly suggest just toughing out that small part of the story and never returning to that vile place till this is sorted out.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

People can report all they want but if the reported person isn’t breaking TOS, these reports go in the trash. If ANet decides the reports are malicious as well as false then they punish the reporters.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
“You may use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system within the Game to alert the company to in-game issues such as inappropriate behavior, offensive names, the perceived use of a “bot,” or other misconduct. You may not use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on our servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.”

If you aren’t breaking TOS then ignore the people threatening to report you.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No, don’t ignore the people calling for everyone to report you just to be rid of you.

Report them!

This is an abuse of the system, and using it to threaten other players is itself worthy of being reported. Don’t say anything to them, just report the verbal abuse/theats and keep playing. Not only does this then put in a record of what they said, should a lot of people report you as they requested, but it may get them in trouble as well.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

People can report all they want but if the reported person isn’t breaking TOS, these reports go in the trash. If ANet decides the reports are malicious as well as false then they punish the reporters.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
“You may use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system within the Game to alert the company to in-game issues such as inappropriate behavior, offensive names, the perceived use of a “bot,” or other misconduct. You may not use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on our servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.”

If you aren’t breaking TOS then ignore the people threatening to report you.

Right, if Anet sees that certain players are reporting other players in mass about nothing they will end up getting banned instead of the player they are trying to get banned.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that when you go to report someone, there’s actually text there that basically says, “Don’t use this for bs” (I’m obviously paraphrasing lol).

That said, going by the screenshot, it looks like the overzealous, half-crazed champ farmers thought that they were legitimately reporting someone who was trying to complete the event to troll them.

So it’s mass confusion of intentions – yay!

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Toxic farmers arent exactly a great part of the community, but they are very vocal in game (harrassment in map chatt).

Anet investigate the reports, so theres no worry about that. Instead, they also can ban or accumulate infractions for people who report without justification.

Personally i will encourage you to report every player that abuse you or anyone in game. That way this people can be erased from the face of Tyria for the good of the rest of us.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sadly mass reporting works. I have been victim of it, but the customer support removed the perm ban relatively fast after contacting them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

warduke.1780

Sadly mass reporting works. I have been victim of it, but the customer support removed the perm ban relatively fast after contacting them.

Would you mind elaborating on this?

I’d also like to hear Anet’s input. Is this true – do you ban players just because dozens/hundreds of other players report them?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…if the player asking ‘report me?’ is the supposed ‘new player to the guild’, then that character name has a long history of griefing others, stirring up kitten, and impersonating others. I’m not sure how much of the true story is being offered here.

Edited for anonymity as it isn’t my place to judge without all the facts. My apologies.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

warduke.1780

Not to mention the secondary character Greefa. In fact, while I don’t condone threats, exploits, or false reports, your guildie seems like a troll and somebody who is actively trying to ruin things for others.

No kittens given.

I’m not quite sure how my guild member is a “troll” for helping others complete an event? Events are there to be completed…

Anyway, regardless of your misuse of terms like “troll” – the real issue in this thread is that people are mass-reporting other players for playing the game in a legitimate way.

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

Hi guys. Ever since I started helping a guildie out with her living story I have noticed something disturbing. There is a trend of players encouraging others to “mass report” other players in order to try and get them banned.

My guildie is relatively new to this game. The level of abuse she got recently really upset her, as did players telling her she was going to be banned because them and their friends were all reporting her. Unfortunately, she didn’t take any screenshots – but another guild member did.

Enclosed is a screenshot showing some players threatening to “mass-report” other players. What I’d like from Anet is a confirmation: can you get banned just because lots of other players report you, even if you’re just playing the game as intended (e.g completing an event that others are trying to exploit?) Or can players be banned for reporting maliciously – that is, using the report function as a weapon because they dislike another player/what that player is doing?

I think someone needs to clear things up because no new player should be made to feel awful just for playing the game as it was intended to be played. And players threatening to get other players banned through mass reporting (getting their friends/guild members/the whole map to report one person) seems like very disturbing behavior.

Here’s the collection of screens: [Image Redacted. Do not “name and shame” in posts or in screenshots.]]

How does the community feel about this?

I’ve been posting screenshots that show this as well in another thread. It’s not limited to people trying to mass report others, but a lot of other harassing messages. It’s really sad the way players get verbally abusive in the game. Not sure how Anet can get rid of that mentality. Fixing this farm will just move them to another, just as it has in the past. Anet needs to do something to get rid of this toxic mentality.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I remember somewhere in the forums where a dev stated that the number of reports does not matter.

1000 false reports are nothing compared to 1 legit report.

They look into these things and these players will end up getting themselves banned lol

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Events are meant to be eon and completed. If someone trying to complete an event is being considered a ‘troll’ or ‘griefer’ nowadays, then this is becoming sad.

Labjax.2465

Events are meant to be eon and completed. If someone trying to complete an event is being considered a ‘troll’ or ‘griefer’ nowadays, then this is becoming sad.

Well I’m pretty sure there are people who do it to troll the farmers, so things get rather muddled. Abusive behavior is never justified of course, but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as it looks.

Or words to that effect.

Serophous.9085

Well I’m pretty sure there are people who do it to troll the farmers, so things get rather muddled. Abusive behavior is never justified of course, but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as it looks.

You can see it as trolling, but again, events are made to be completed. As long as it is done legitly, the event should be won. If anything, the farmers would be considered ‘trolls’ for denying the core function of the game. I know most people don’t want to hear that, and I know people want to farm, but when you are going against game design, you are wrong.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

No worries, like many already pointed out in this topic:

Mass reporting incited by individual to harass someone is always ABUSE OF REPORT function.

They’ll feel the power of report function, not the harassed individual (requiring that there’s nothing to the reports)

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I used to see people talk about this all the time when the champ train was going. I was supposedly mass reported numerous times because of disrupting the train. I was never suspended or banned.

Labjax.2465

You can see it as trolling, but again, events are made to be completed. As long as it is done legitly, the event should be won. If anything, the farmers would be considered ‘trolls’ for denying the core function of the game. I know most people don’t want to hear that, and I know people want to farm, but when you are going against game design, you are wrong.

I’m having deja vu again. I said this during the Blix fiasco and I’ll say it again now: Trolling is all about intent. Sometimes people think someone is trolling when that person is just being genuine. Sometimes people think someone is trolling and (surprise surprise) that person is trolling.

Let’s set aside this technical nonsense about the “core function of the game” for a moment and admit that some people will take advantage of situations to purposefully irritate other people. Acting verbally abusive toward other people is never justified – nor is repeatedly trying to ruin others’ day.

That’s the hard truth of the matter. Not some nonsense about how certain kinds of behavior are justified because “two wrongs make a right.”

Play me out, Neo.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

On the flip side, during my game time since launch I have reported probably less than a handful of players I thought were botting and within minutes I discovered I was wrong. I don’t just go around making reports, I would watch their game behavior, etc., and firmly believe they were indeed botting. However some time later their behavior or chat or whatever would reveal I was wrong.

My issue? I could NOT delete the report…..sure I was hopeful Anet would realize I was wrong, but it would be nice to remove reports up to 1 hour or some other shorter time period after creating them.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The only way to receive a penalty is by doing something that is against the Terms of Service. Completing events is not against the Terms of Service.

Knowingly reporting another player for no reason is against the Terms of Service.

Harassing another player (either by threatening to report them or excessively mocking them because their event got finished early) is against the Terms of Service.

Inciting other players to harass or report a player is against the Terms of Service.

It does not matter how many times you get reported. If you did nothing wrong, you will not receive a penalty from ArenaNet. Every single report will be evaluated by an ArenaNet employee. Account suspensions and terminations are never automated; they are always reviewed by a real person.
(Still, sometimes they make a mistake – apparently as in the case of Malediktus – but contacting Support to appeal the decision apparently worked there.)

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Serophous.9085

I’m having deja vu again. I said this during the Blix fiasco and I’ll say it again now: Trolling is all about intent. Sometimes people think someone is trolling when that person is just being genuine. Sometimes people think someone is trolling and (surprise surprise) that person is trolling.

Let’s set aside this technical nonsense about the “core function of the game” for a moment and admit that some people will take advantage of situations to purposefully irritate other people. Acting verbally abusive toward other people is never justified – nor is repeatedly trying to ruin others’ day.

That’s the hard truth of the matter. Not some nonsense about how certain kinds of behavior are justified because “two wrongs make a right.”

Play me out, Neo.

Well, yeah, if you set aside the core mechanic, it would be considered trolling….because the core mechanic is being set aside. If anything, the second they are doing against what the group wants, that person will think they are doing something wrong and annoying a bunch of people, making them a troll, which they aren’t.

You can’t just ignore the game mechanics. Completing an event isn’t trolling, no matter the intent, because that is what is suppose to happen. The only people who feel hurt are the abusers themselves who are rigging the system in their favor.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, it is just as acceptable to let an event fail, as it is to complete said event, according to this Dev post:

There are really two sides to this, and when it comes down to it, you are both right – and you are both wrong. Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/About-that-blix-exploit/page/5#post4318436

What isn’t acceptable is any harassment or toxicity that might ensue when the two sides find themselves at odds.

Labjax.2465

Actually, it is just as acceptable to let an event fail, as it is to complete said event, according to this Dev post:

There are really two sides to this, and when it comes down to it, you are both right – and you are both wrong. Both sides have the right to complete the task that they set out to do (completing or not completing).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/About-that-blix-exploit/page/5#post4318436

What isn’t acceptable is any harassment or toxicity that might ensue when the two sides find themselves at odds.

Thanks for that.

Anyway, Serophous, you are missing the point. “Laws” have very little to do with people intentionally causing pain to one another. In real life, for example, there are plenty of ways to be mean that aren’t technically against the law.

I’ll give you an example because analogies are fun: Driving at or slightly below the speed limit is what you’re legally supposed to do. In fact, I often drive that way. My reasons for doing so have nothing to do with getting on the nerves of drivers who want to get somewhere fast, but my actions can plausibly annoy other drivers.

Am I in the wrong in the eyes of the law and morally? Of course not. I am following the law and I am doing so with good intentions. I’m doing no wrong by law or by ethics.

If, on the other hand, I’m driving at or below the speed limit during rush hour with the sole intention to aggravate other drivers and take joy at the thought of their road rage, then: Am I in the wrong in the eyes of the law? Well, technically, no. I’m following the law and there’s nothing wrong with that. Am I in the wrong ethically? Of course! I am trying to cause others pain for no other reason than my own pleasure – I think 99% of people would agree that that’s ethically wrong!

So there’s the distinction for you, Serophous. Again, it is not the action itself that is trolling in this instance. It’s the intention behind the action and it’s a complicated situation precisely because you cannot know other peoples’ intentions concretely through observation of a single action alone.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I’d also like to hear Anet’s input. Is this true – do you ban players just because dozens/hundreds of other players report them?

Simple. There were people who did not like my WvW playstyle (eg using supplies for achievements). So at least one commander made everyone in TS report me for gold selling, botting etc.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Not to mention the secondary character Greefa. In fact, while I don’t condone threats, exploits, or false reports, your guildie seems like a troll and somebody who is actively trying to ruin things for others.

No kittens given.

I’m not quite sure how my guild member is a “troll” for helping others complete an event? Events are there to be completed…

Anyway, regardless of your misuse of terms like “troll” – the real issue in this thread is that people are mass-reporting other players for playing the game in a legitimate way.

Greefa and friends don’t complete the shaman/totem part, which is actually the part needed for LS. It’s difficult to tell if they are genuinely trying to help or trying to get a negative reaction from farmers. I feel like it’s the latter in this case. They stand around and mock everyone via chat or emotes. They never announce in map chat that hey, if you need LS come and get it now…

You’re right that mass reporting is an issue and probably the wrong thing to do, but what do you expect from a group of players whose farming are constantly being interrupted by trolls with no lives? Farmers aren’t failing Coiled to troll people doing LS – it’s just an unfortunate side-effect and a result of poor planning on ANet’s part. I’m also wondering why they haven’t fixed it by now, considering how quickly they fixed Blix, an event that doesn’t block story progress if failed.

(edited by Faereilos.5106)

Labjax.2465

Greefa and friends don’t complete the Breaking the Ice event, which is actually the part needed for LS. It’s difficult to tell if they are genuinely trying to help or trying to get a negative reaction from farmers. I feel like it’s the latter in this case. They stand around and mock everyone via chat or emotes. They never announce in map chat that hey, if you need LS come and get it now…

You’re right that mass reporting is an issue and probably the wrong thing to do, but what do you expect from a group of players whose farming are constantly being interrupted by trolls with no lives? Farmers aren’t failing Coiled to troll people doing LS – it’s just an unfortunate side-effect and a result of poor planning on ANet’s part. I’m also wondering why they haven’t fixed it by now, considering how quickly they fixed Blix, an event that doesn’t block story progress if failed.

Well considering how much “Greefa” sounds like “griefer,” he’s either one of the most unfortunately named people or is an appallingly obvious troll. From what you’re describing, I imagine it’s the latter.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Funnily enough his friend’s name is The Griefer. They also turn their commander tags on so they’ll be even more visible. If that’s not obvious trolling I don’t know what is. (Also I hope I don’t get in trouble for naming people x_x)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

You forgot the rest of what he said:

Challenging another player’s play style is the issue here, and since this revolved around an event that was designed to be completed, it is being changed so that the original design of the event can be carried out.

When something in the game (such as this event) changes negatively as this has, we need to step in and remediate the toxicity. The byproduct of this change happens to be that a champion farm is being slowed, but since that was the originating factor for the toxicity, it’s unavoidable.

I encourage players to remember that not everyone has the same goals when they play, and sometimes they will clash.

But nice job trimming down the quote to suit your agenda.

Doesn’t look like anet is okay with the fail train farmers after all.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Labjax.2465

Challenging another player’s play style is the issue here, and since this revolved around an event that was designed to be completed, it is being changed so that the original design of the event can be carried out.

But nice job trimming down the quote to suite your agenda.

Well yeah, basically what Chris is saying there is that they wouldn’t much care about the original design intentions, if it wasn’t for the conflict that was happening. But because conflict was happening, they decided the direction they should fix it in is to corral the event back to its original intentions.

Game designers understand that not everything they do is going to end up being used as they envisioned it. I doubt EotM was imagined as a karma train, but there is no reason for them to change it at this point because for the most part, people are in agreement about how the map is best utilized. It has become a unique piece of content through community choices.

Or words to that effect.

fellyn.5083

But nice job trimming down the quote to suite your agenda.

Well yeah, basically what Chris is saying there is that they wouldn’t much care about the original design intentions, if it wasn’t for the conflict that was happening. But because conflict was happening, they decided the direction they should fix it in is to corral the event back to its original intentions.

Game designers understand that not everything they do is going to end up being used as they envisioned it. I doubt EotM was imagined as a karma train, but there is no reason for them to change it at this point because for the most part, people are in agreement about how the map is best utilized. It has become a unique piece of content through community choices.

And yet they continually nerf events that are being fail train farmed. It’s been a repeating cycle for the last 10 months or so.

Labjax.2465

And yet they continually nerf events that are being fail train farmed.

Yeah, because those events are continually spawning the same kind of toxicity. I’m not sure what your point is with this statement.

Or words to that effect.

fellyn.5083

And yet they continually nerf events that are being fail train farmed.

Yeah, because those events are continually spawning the same kind of toxicity. I’m not sure what your point is with this statement.

Point is that people keep saying the fail train farm play style, using the term extremely losely here, falls under the play your way mantra and that anet doesn’t care if people do it or not. Yet all evidence points to the contrary.

warduke.1780

Funnily enough his friend’s name is The Griefer. They also turn their commander tags on so they’ll be even more visible. If that’s not obvious trolling I don’t know what is. (Also I hope I don’t get in trouble for naming people x_x)

So now it’s “trolling” to have a commander tag too?

According to you (and other farmers, including the EOTM ktrain farmers) trolling consists of:

Completing an event
Defending objectives in EOTM
Using commander tags when completing large PvE events

All of which are, you must realize, playing the game as it is INTENDED to be played.

You know what I think? I think the people exploiting this event KNOW that what they’re doing is wrong, so they’re transferring their feelings of guilt into anger and flaming anyone who does things properly. I fully support my guildies in completing the event and anybody else who has to suffer the wrath of childish, greedy exploiters.

Still waiting to hear from Anet about the mass-report issue.

Labjax.2465

Point is that people keep saying the fail train farm play style, using the term extremely losely here, falls under the play your way mantra and that anet doesn’t care if people do it or not. Yet all evidence points to the contrary.

Well like I said, evidence points to the contrary because it’s something that is spawning the same kind of toxic behavior every time. Remove the toxic behavior from the equation and they might react differently.

Or words to that effect.

fellyn.5083

Well like I said, evidence points to the contrary because it’s something that is spawning the same kind of toxic behavior every time. Remove the toxic behavior from the equation and they might react differently.

Yes, but why is it causing that behavior? Because people think they should be allowed to farm unhindered what is not meant to be farmed and that they and only they have the right to be there. And that they have the right to tell others who want to play the game as it’s designed that they need to go elsewhere.

Granted that the event reward mechanisms are badly designed but that’s besides the point.

It’s simply players thinking they are entitled to more than they actually are.

The worst part is that there are a lot of good non fail loot trains running in various areas of the game. These are endorsed by anet and by design. But the farmers at Coiled Watch, by their own admission say it’s not good enough and think they deserve more.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I think fail farming is wrong and it should be nerfed, but in no way is making characters called Greefa or The Griefer and trolling people acceptable.

Trolling the wrong doesn’t make you right.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Labjax.2465

Yes, but why is it causing that behavior? Because people think they should be allowed to farm unhindered what is not meant to be farmed and that they and only they have the right to be there. And that they have the right to tell others who want to play the game as it’s designed that they need to go elsewhere.

Granted that the event reward mechanisms are badly designed but that’s besides the point.

It’s simply players thinking they are entitled to more than they actually are.

The worst part is that there are a lot of good non fail loot trains running in various areas of the game. These are endorsed by anet and by design. But the farmers at Coiled Watch, by their own admission say it’s not good enough and think they deserve more.

If you compare the “fail trains” to other things like “champ trains,” you can see that the driving force behind the toxicity is conflicting goals. Some champ trains are largely untouched by toxic attitudes because for the most part, people can all agree that killing champs as they spawn is the best way to get loot.

Some champ trains have had problems though (people killing champs out of order, etc.) and what is the issue in those instances? Once again, conflicting goals.

People get upset when their goals are derailed. Regardless of whether they feel entitled to reaching those goals, it’s still going to be upsetting. It’s pretty much that simple. The difference in vocal reaction (getting upset with another person vs. getting frustrated with the situation) is largely a matter of maturity.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I would like to put out there that only during free trial weeks does Anet get ban happy. Mostly because of a large influx of bots and gold sellers. Anet is know for taking immediately action. However if they are wrong they have been know to re-Imberse and apologize quickly.

Screen shots of abuse sent to devs is best evidence you can get to prove guild or innocence

The free trial week really hurts GW2 overall i think when it becomes 100% free to play I wonder how it will be.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When something in the game (such as this event) changes negatively as this has, we need to step in and remediate the toxicity. The byproduct of this change happens to be that a champion farm is being slowed, but since that was the originating factor for the toxicity, it’s unavoidable.

I encourage players to remember that not everyone has the same goals when they play, and sometimes they will clash.

But nice job trimming down the quote to suit your agenda.

Doesn’t look like anet is okay with the fail train farmers after all.

As disappointing as it may be to you, I have no agenda. I neither farm nor care who does. I was merely pointing out what a Dev said. If I had an agenda, I would not have put in a link to the entire post.

Again, there is no special game mechanic that says you must succeed or fail an event. Just that action might be taken when player’s goals are conflicting, and toxic behavior ensues.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So now it’s “trolling” to have a commander tag too?

According to you (and other farmers, including the EOTM ktrain farmers) trolling consists of:

Completing an event
Defending objectives in EOTM
Using commander tags when completing large PvE events

All of which are, you must realize, playing the game as it is INTENDED to be played.

You know what I think? I think the people exploiting this event KNOW that what they’re doing is wrong, so they’re transferring their feelings of guilt into anger and flaming anyone who does things properly. I fully support my guildies in completing the event and anybody else who has to suffer the wrath of childish, greedy exploiters.

Still waiting to hear from Anet about the mass-report issue.

Here is the Dev response to the mass-reporting issue:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-does-Anet-handle-reports-on-misconduct/first#post2296476

Make of it what you will.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I’m not a farmer but those names …. The Griefer and greefer srsly

It’s obvious those guys are trolls and not just the first time.
Don’t act innocent be honest that u only wanted punish those farmers

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

indeed balsa

The Griefer I have on my friends list from about a month back when a player called banbot was threatening to take action against some guys account, I added the player to see if the forum user sticking up for them on the forum was the offender and it was. And since have seen them using many other names with troll and such in the name.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

indeed balsa

The Griefer I have on my friends list from about a month back when a player called banbot was threatening to take action against some guys account, I added the player to see if the forum user sticking up for them on the forum was the offender and it was. And since have seen them using many other names with troll and such in the name.

Thanks for confirming my theory. It may not be right what those farmers do but no need getting bad behavior to stop bad behavior and who of us never joint a train throw the first stone.

The part of the ls is long ago I’m sure many didn’t finish it yet but it’s a minority and if u just tell people ahead in map chat u want finish ur story that’s better.

Everyone should try be social

Posted by: Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

If your guildie didn’t do anything wrong, Anet will see that and she will not be banned. They will review her chat logs/activity/whatever the report reason was, they don’t automatically ban anyone just because they were reported a lot. Abusing report system however is ban worthy, so if anything, people who reported her might get banned.

You’re not a real dragon. You just look like one around the eyes.
#SkrittBackpacks

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Simple. There were people who did not like my WvW playstyle (eg using supplies for achievements). So at least one commander made everyone in TS report me for gold selling, botting etc.

If anyone at Anet bans someone SOLELY on the word of other players, that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. It doesn’t matter how many people say that something is true, they can always be wrong. Reports need to be investigated.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

The person you refer to is neither new to the game, unaware of what he’s doing, nor a female. He has a very long history of doing exactly what he’s doing here, and quite frankly I’m surprised with the amount of personal harassment he does (targetting specific people and/or guilds), that ANet has allowed him to continue with anything more than token bans.

warduke.1780

The person you refer to is neither new to the game, unaware of what he’s doing, nor a female. He has a very long history of doing exactly what he’s doing here, and quite frankly I’m surprised with the amount of personal harassment he does (targetting specific people and/or guilds), that ANet has allowed him to continue with anything more than token bans.

With all due respect, you have no idea who I’m referring to – she’s not in any of the screenshots, as I mentioned in the original post. I’m not going to name her on here as I don’t want her being abused or stalked by the same obnoxious “farmers” as in Frostgorge.

However, I’m assuming the person you’re actually referring to is one of my guild members who you and your friends have been harassing in EOTM. Given that we both know which guild you’re in, let’s not pretend you’re an innocent party here, shall we?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

didnt realise name and shame was allowed. must be a dungeon subforum only sorta deal

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Snow White.1842

Snow White.1842

His name is next to every post. His entire thread is inquiring about EXACTLY what he did to me. This isn’t naming and shaming. He is openly inviting the inquiry on his own behavior based on the thread being designed to find out more information ABOUT it. So I’m not feeling the least bit guilty over this, since he is blatantly guilty of what he is inquiring about.