Players with Titles: YOUR impression(s)?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Honestly I just use titles that thematically fit my character, my thief is dark traveller, my guardian sunbringer, etc.

My Revenant will likely use Mist Treader.

Titles really don’t mean a thing to me other than something pretty to add to your character, similar to all the other customisation we have

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

• What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?

Honorary Skritt. Because it’s cute.

• If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?

It depends on the character. I would like to wear titles that fit the characters. Anything with in-game relevance.

• Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.

I don’t pay much attention to other player’s titles. When I do, I prefer titles that are somewhat “interesting” and not just “the best”.

• Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.

Overly boasty “look what I’ve done!” titles. I don’t care that much for other players’ achievements. I don’t begrudge them their titles, but can’t help to always feel a little sad for them. If someone displays a title because they think the world needs to know that they achieved this or defeated that, it just comes across as a little sad. It’s like meeting someone wearing a t-shirt that says “I’m the best in bed”.

But like I said, I don’t pay that much attention to titles anyway (this is one reason why I don’t).

• Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.

Like I said, I’d like to see more titles that have some sort of relevance in-game. Low-key stuff. Anything from “Warband member” to “Seraph” to “Disciple of Owl” to the Asura colleges. Maybe you could earn them by completing different variants of the personal story.

Generic ones, like “Adventurer for hire” and such.

I guess I am a roleplayer at heart.

Feel free to discuss this topic and/or share your ideas/interests in regards to titles. have fun!

I think titles are the slogan t-shirts of guild wars 2. If I, or my character, wouldn’t wear the t-shirt, then I, or my character, won’t wear the title.

And yes, I would very much wear an “Honorary Skritt” t-shirt in real life

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Blazing Light most MLG title. If only there was an 8 orbs one. But that’d mean I’d have to go it again like the Blazing one so probably a good thing there isn’t. =/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

My favorite so far is The Blazing Light

I always really liked that one too because of how hard it is to earn. I have no idea how many times I did that last boss fight just to earn that title. I honestly cheered IRL.

Me too, I litterally shouted in triumph when I finally did it after all those tries. I’d never done anything but PVE before that, prior to that couldn’t see any point in food. Hell at the time I had a warrior in mostly soldiers with the ascalon monk runes. I actually bought 3 whole pieces of zerker gear just to beat her. Made me play my warrior far differently than I’d ever considered before and litterally took me 100s of tries. In retrospect i had about the most ludicriously bad build possible. I recall knowing the various possible sequences those bloody orbs would pop up in, and cursing every time lag hosed me when I bent down to pick up a ball to throw at her.

In celebration of my victory I gave away my pricey food (like 12 whole silver) to someone who was watching me try, healing me up, and cheering me on again. Was smiley the rest of the night. Each morning prior to that I’d be aware the event was going down in a few more days and promise myself that today was the day Lliadri would pay for mopping the floor with my face. And how lag wouldn’t save her this time!

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

• What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)? I don’t bother with them
  • If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be? I would leave it blank
  • Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling. None. They are irrelevant to me
  • Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively. See above
  • Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain. “Doesn’t Give A Skritt” / go 6 months without displaying a title / it never actually shows up in your titles, it is your new blank default

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

Below is the only titles that carry any weigh for me.

Respected Achiever 5,000 Points
Acclaimed Achiever 10,000 Points
Heralded Achiever 15,000 Points
Masterful Achiever 20,000 Points
Illustrious Achiever 25,000 Points
Wondrous Achiever 30,000 Points
Exalted Achiever 35,000 Points
Furious Achiever 40,000 Points
Unstoppable Achiever 45,000 Points
Ascended Achiever 50,000 Points

Attachments:

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

- My favorite unlocked title is current Veteran because it shows you have been there for a while.
- If I could have any title, I’d love to have Grand Artisian. It sounds fancy!
- I’d respect players displaying Yakslapper. :P
- Any of the GW1 titles. Other game, never played, don’t care.
- To create a title myself…“The Artist” or “Artist” for…Getting all dyes in the game maybe?

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)? Either Flameseeker or Champion Paragon; the former due to its lore and as an accomplishment back in GW1. The latter as an achievement that I was really happy with in GW2; my first class title in sPvP and plus it’s a nice tip of the hat to the GW1 paragons for my main guardian.

If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be? Already wearing it. Although sometimes also swapping out for Ghostly Hero.

Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling:
From GW1 – Respectful of the hard-earned GWAMM I see around.
From GW2 – It’d have to be if I came across someone with an Ultimate <defender> title from WvW… is there anyone yet?

Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively

Twice-told legend and other “p2w” titles WHEN and only when the bearer has purchased their way to it with cash… No sense of achievement opening your wallet.

Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain:

PvP should get a Grand Champion title that is awarded to a player who has collected all the class-specific ‘Champion’ titles.
Seeing as rank titles were farmed by the dozen, there’s so many “fake” legendary champions now, but someone with 150 ranked wins on all classes would be accomplished.

In PvE, I’d have liked some traditional adventurer-type ones like Wanderer, or boss-specific ones like Slayer of Tequatl, Slayer of Zhaitan for big bosses.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Unlocked: Flameseeker (Closer to the Stars specifically on my Canthan-themed character). Before playing GW1, I didn’t bother to use titles at all. After I got GW1 last August, and started earning these titles, I changed my mind about them.

Any: GWAMM. I’m close, 27/30 titles (also 47/50 HoM points), and completed the one thing that worried me about completing it last night (Ooze Pit HM, 2 easy dungeons and a little cartography left to get Master of the North; then finish the Dwarven title and Sweet Tooth).

Very impressive. Going back there (or in your case: starting out) at this point and earning all those title in an aged game takes a lot of dedication.

Keep up the good work and surely you’ll be displaying the GWAMM title yourself soon

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I want “Master of TACOS!”, because TACOS! are awesome.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

What is your favorite UNLOCKED title you don in this game (optional: why)?
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals for obvious reasons.

If you could choose to wear ANY title what would it be?
See above.

Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
See above. It’s basically the only title (along with Champion of the Gods) that requires skill and effort. It’s not possible to simply buy it.

Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
Any SAB title. SAB does not belong in GW2 and neither do the titles.

Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.
Vermin exterminator
Awarded for killing asura (PvE, PvP, WvW)

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

Favorite unlocked: Veteran. I imagine myself with a bronze ring around my portrait when people click on me.

Want: GWAMM, but I never played GW1, so I’ll never have it. Barring that, the Blazing Light or Legendary Champion I guess.

Dislike: Combat Healer and Been There, Done That. Both are cheesy. Why couldn’t Combat Healer be “Field Medic” or something less game-y? And BTDT should be something more befitting an intrepid explorer, rather than imply boredom.

Want created: military rank (Captain, Major, etc) and noble titles (Sir, Count, Lord, etc).

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

I pretty much only use Closer to the Stars title.

I like how poetic it sounds, also it’s the highest one I reached during my GW1 career without too much hassle.

(edited by Red Jay.2516)

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Very impressive. Going back there (or in your case: starting out) at this point and earning all those title in an aged game takes a lot of dedication.

One of my guildmates had played GW1 since launch, but only had 13 points. We worked together on getting difficult bonuses/masters, HM’s, dungeons, and Sorrow’s Furnace and FoW. Was great to have company. She also said that playing GW2, and learning better how to strategize and understand mechanics made a big difference in her GW1 play when she went back.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I just use the Champion <insert class here> PvP titles on my characters of the respective classes.

I don’t think much of most titles, since most are really easy to get.

I dislike people with GWAMM or other HoM titles because, okay, we get it, you played GW1 a lot. This isn’t GW1.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

• Favorite unlocked title: GWAMM / Dungeoneer
    50/50 depending on how GW1/GW2 I’m feeling.
  • If I could have any title I would don The Emperor
    “UNLIMITED POWER!”
  • If I could have any title I would don Ultimate Aggressor because I usually draw a lot of aggro from mobs. Also the title is impossible to get.
  • When I see the title The Emporer I smile at the fact that the wearer was not too proud to buy armors from/for all races. I’ve seen others get seriously racist vs a few of the races in the game.
  • I dislike seeing the title Deer Commander because it actually has nothing to do with deers. I was depressed when I learned it was just a child’s misspelling (written by an adult IRL) in a letter and not some new Wintersday event pertaining to the actual animal.
  • If I could make up a title it would be Koutalophile because that collection should reward more than three levels + junk for spending 5g, doing guild missions, spending time in WvW, beating Tequatl 1-3 times and doing up to like 50 fractals.

EXTRA BONUS NOTE: I have never disrespected anyone for wearing a title. I could never bring myself to achieve Twice Told Legend, for example, but I have nothing against people who did. Just like I’m not disappointed in players for wearing Deer Commander, just in Wintersday for not giving me a deer game.

Dungeon Master is slightly easy to get. A bit less easy if you don’t buy Arah runs. It doesn’t mean I don’t find it EXTREMELY encouraging when my PuGs are wearing it. So it is up there among my favorite titles to see on others.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

(edited by DarkWasp.7291)

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Have: “Been There. Done That.” It’s not extremely special or difficult to get, but no one gets it by accident either.

Want: “The Blazing Light.” I spent hundreds of tickets trying to do it on my engineer back in the day, would have liked to have gotten it.

Respect: “The Twice-Told Legend.” Even before we had wardrobes, making the same thing twice took a certain kind of dedication.

Disrespect: All of the titles awarded for reaching specific numbers of Achievement Points. I respect individual achievements, but people don’t have large numbers of points because they achieved anything—they have large numbers of points because they engaged in pointless bullkitten every day since the game launched. Someone who’s dedicated can still go get GWAMM or TTTL, but nothing you can do will let you catch up to the AP farmers.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

• Favorite unlocked title: GWAMM (“God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals”)
  • If I could have any title I would still wear the GWAMM one.
  • I used to genuinely respect other players with the GWAMM title, because we share a common gaming history and it likely means they have been around for a while. I’ve said “used to” because currently I can no longer tell who got the title legit and who did not due to a still unresolved bug.

This

• I dislike getting into a PvP match and seeing titles on my teammates that are not PvP related, and are not even challenging to get as far as pve goes.
    (Combat Medic…. cringe)
  • The game needs consumable titles like GW1 had
    (for using metric tons of alcohol party favors and sweets)

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Just some food for thought.

Many players choose to wear titles for various or any reasons, whether it be they feel genuinely entitled to it, prestige, silly purposes or they generally enjoy that specific title.

So here’s some questions regarding players and their titles:

• Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
  • Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
  • Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.

Feel free to discuss this topic and/or share your ideas/interests in regards to titles. have fun!

Here’s an example:

• Favorite unlocked title: Twice-Told Legend
  • If I could have any title I would don Yakslapper as it gives me a laugh
  • When I see the title Loyal I know that player has been around for a while and still enjoys playing the game
  • I dislike seeing the title The Be-All and the End-All as it’s a mouthful and it’s too common
  • If I could make up a title I would dedicate it to dyes. Unlocking an X amount of dyes/all current dyes would yield the title of To Dye For or possibly Dye Hard. Something humorous!

Would it be “The Rainbow” ?

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Favourite Unlocked – Champion Shadow / Illusionist
Any title ? Yakslapper
I don’t judge on others titles. (Yes I troll pvp with pve easy titles, I’m probably not the only one)
I do dislike Twice Told Legend because there’s no Legendary Collector title.
I’d like to see a dye collector title, and expand on profession Champion titles.

Kitten.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Titles in this game don’t really mean anything, as they are all easy to obtain (or impossible like the WvW ones where the requirements are off by a factor of 10, or 100, or 1000 w/e).

Therefore, the only good titles are titles that fit your character RPwise. If it’s not a title for RP purposes, then it’s nothing special.

Mercenary, Finders Keepers and The Light in the Darkness are probably my favourites.

Now, if the hidden (removed?) achievement for collecting every Fractal Weapon was available, then I’ll like that one for a prestige title. Other than that the only prestige titles are GW1 titles (not anymore since the free GWAMM explot, just like The Blazing Light exploits destroying that title’s prestige).

(edited by Surbrus.6942)

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Fave titles currently: Fashion Collector/ Dark Traveler

I’d like and working to get Grand Artisan, it just describes me best or Closer to the Stars, just has a nice ring to it.

No opinion about anyone else’s.

Disklikes: None currently

Title I’d like if I could make one up: Livin’ On The Edge

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals for obvious reasons.

See above.

Pick a title you genuinely respect when you see a player with it and give a reason why this title reflects a positive feeling.
See above. It’s basically the only title (along with Champion of the Gods) that requires skill and effort. It’s not possible to simply buy it.

Pick a title you dislike seeing on a player and provide a reason why this title impacts you negatively.
Any SAB title. SAB does not belong in GW2 and neither do the titles.

Make up ONE title you would like to see implemented into the game and provide a brief description/objective on how to obtain it or why you would like to see it as a new title to obtain.
Vermin exterminator
Awarded for killing asura (PvE, PvP, WvW)

I agree with you on every point +1 to you.

And for a suggested title: Ultimate Champion for getting all profession champion titles in sPvP.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Probably either The Blazing Light or Been There, Done That. Because they’re both titles I enjoyed earning.

But a lot of the time I pick a title related to what I’m doing, or the character. For example if I’m just roaming around a map I’ll use Traveller or Volunteer.

I want to get Light in the Darkness because it would really suit my main character and I wish I’d taken the time to get Honours in Applied Jumping. Miniature Collector would also be very appropriate for me. But I’d have to say Yakslapper just for the confusion it’d cause. (I don’t think anyone’s got that one yet.)

Distiction & Honors in Applied Jumping. Nice to see other SAB fans out in the world. And any of the GW1 titles, simply because it’s also nice to see other people who played (and presumably enjoyed) the first game.

I can’t think of any.

Wurmicidal Maniac. Exact same requirements as Wurms Bane, but it bothers me that the name of the achievement is so much better than the title you get from it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: aocypher.9172

aocypher.9172

GWAMM actually comes from maxing title tracks in GW1. Getting 50/50 in your HOM unlocks the “Champion of the Gods” title.

• If I could wear any title I guess it would be GWAMM as that actually was a ton of work in many different areas to achieve. Sadly I am at 49 out of the required 50 points with no plan to go back to GW1 so it will forever be beyond my reach.
  • God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals, see above

Posted by: aocypher.9172

aocypher.9172

The Blazing Light, Grand Artisan, Dungeoneer, Legendary Champion, Emissary of the Mad King. They’re all descriptive GW2 titles that took some time to accomplish.

Distinction and Honors in Applied Jumping. I have some toons with which that title would be a great fit. Unfortunately, I suck at JPs.

The Be-All and the End-All. It’s such a long and pretentious title; especially considering how easily you can get it (ie: kill 4 bosses).

Champion of Champions. Unlock all the profession champion titles in sPvP.

(edited by aocypher.9172)

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

• favorite unlocked title: Dungeoneer probably, don’t really care since i never see them
• if I could have any title: Ultimate Conqueror
• title I respect: Legend of the Arena
• title I dislike: Dungeon Master
• title I’d like to see: My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany obtainable through GW1, I just love that title, dunno why :c

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The Blazing Light, since the gauntlet was both fun and challenging, and I do feel a bit proud to have bested her. I continue to wear this title on the character I use despite typically picking a title that fits whichever theme my current character has.

"Choose"? Legendary Champion. However, I certainly have not earned it.

Maybe Twice-Told Legend if it meant I’d get two legendary skins as a result. ;)

See above, or most of the sPvP and tournament titles -- Despite the fact that I am a PvE/WvW player, I have the most respect for the folks who dive into their builds and face human opponents in sPvP, so their titles (and the rank emotes/finishers) have my envy, for whatever that’s worth.

I wouldn’t call it respect, but I like the GW1 carry-over titles and knowing a lot of players have enjoyed the first game, as I have.

I don’t think this applies for any of them. People wear what they want.

I may find that some of them just reflect grinding or really, really easy PvE content or the like, but who am I to say what titles others should like? I can hardly imagine any in-game title affecting me negatively (plus so many of them are easy to get, far easier than in GW1, so I have most of them).

I suppose, if I’m honest, the higher achievement-based ones might make me roll my eyes a bit, since it does seem that there are players who see AP as some sign of... well, anything when it’s more an indication of /age.

Profession Master (or something less lame) -- for leveling and unlocking all skills and all professions, kind of like the ones for max crafting

I dunno, kind of dumb. Titles.txt

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I run with ghostly hero, but that’s only because I don’t have gwamm.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Previously gwamm but since the bug and everyone getting it nothing. It’s funny seeing someone who just got the game getting a title that took 100s of hours to get

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

Veteran. Waiting for the 3 year title.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

• favorite unlocked title: Dungeoneer probably, don’t really care since i never see them
• if I could have any title: Ultimate Conqueror
• title I respect: Legend of the Arena
• title I dislike: Dungeon Master
• title I’d like to see: My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany obtainable through GW1, I just love that title, dunno why :c

YES I LOVED THOSE GW1 TITLES

i think the only one in game is gwamm. Id really like to see the other ones: “I have many leather bound books” and have them be obtainable in interesting ways. I feel like a lot of the titles in gw2 atm are a little bland. Some of them sound cool but most of them dont mean anything. Id like some funnier titles (the guild hall one is way better than gwamm imo)

Favorite title unlocked: Fashion Collector
If I could have any title: The Emperor (actually pretty close to getting it)
title i dislike: Dungeon Master (and some of the AP ones since AP farming is bland)

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I don’t like titles in any game, except possibly completely irrelevant, funny ones.

I don’t respect people who display them any more than I do anyone else and in fact, if it’s a bragging type one, quite possibly less than I do everyone else.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Overly boasty “look what I’ve done!” titles. I don’t care that much for other players’ achievements. I don’t begrudge them their titles, but can’t help to always feel a little sad for them. If someone displays a title because they think the world needs to know that they achieved this or defeated that, it just comes across as a little sad. It’s like meeting someone wearing a t-shirt that says “I’m the best in bed”.

What’s so sad about feeling proud? And I don’t think there’s a single title in this game referring to such a low character statement as one’s sexual performance.

• Suggested title: Grand Master Crafter. Level all 8 Crafting skills to 500. I’m looking at you Jeweler and Chef

The Grand Artisan title kind of works for that and I love it (using it on my mesmer because it has that masonic feel to it haha), but yeah, if you are lucky enough you can get that one without any crafting, personally I crafted almost every piece of armor but got my last ascended chest armor from the A Light In The Darkness achievement.

Posted by: Bowhuntr.7014

Bowhuntr.7014

Don’t know what title are available. Don’t know the meaning of the ones I see. Don’t particularly care.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Favourite unlocked title:

The Blazing light, because it’s the hardest title I got, while all other titles I have required almost no effort.

Ultimate Dominator. I play WvW a lot so this is a title I would love to have.

I never played Guild Wars 1 but I heard titles like GWAMM being really hard to get.

There really aren’t any titles I hate or dislike, although I know some people buy their Dungeon Master title, which makes the whole thing pointless.

Posted by: Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Don’t really have a favourite, depends which char I’m using ‘The Blazing Light’ for ele for example or ‘The Tormentor’ for condi mesmer.

The most fake title you can get I think is Dungeoneer, since you can obtain this through pvp without even stepping foot in a dungeon! Not saying it’s not hard to get either way but still a bit misleading…

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

• The Blazing Light Because it fits my Guardian’s look and I have Liadri the Concealing Dark as a mini.
  • Right now I’m working towards Dungeoneer.
  • Dungeoneer because… It takes time and… Patience… And sometimes you don’t have any freind to run with and you end up puggin paths that you dislike (yeah I’m looking at you TA)
  • Can’t think of any title I dislike.
  • There and back again: Have 100% map completion on two characters. Lost in Space and Time: Unlock all the fractals of the mist weapon skins. P.E.T.A.: Kill 10,000 ambient creatures. Taste the Rainbow: Unlock all the rare dyes.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

P.E.T.A.: Kill 10,000 ambient creatures.

Players for the Execution of Tiny Animals.
>_> Nevermind that I’m farming the little scamps for weapon master achievements.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

Favorite owned: Combat Healer. Sure, it’s easy to get, but I like the message: “Stay next to me and I’ll make sure you don’t die.”

What I wish I owned: Ultimate Technician. I almost exclusively play engineer, and I’d like an engineer-y title, but Champion Genius sounds trite.

Like to see: GWAMM. To get that, you need time, effort, and skill. +1 respect.

Don’t like to see: The Be All And The End All. Long, overly dramatic, and a better title than the actual task warrants.

If I could make my own: Medic or Support Specialist or something to that effect, obtained by healing, rezzing, applying boons, and removing conditions. I generally play a support-heavy build and would like to advertise that standing near increases your life expectancy.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Sylentir.8913)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Favorite UNLOCKED title:
Sunbringer. It is already nice just as a word, but when you have played the Hylek storyline, it means even more.

I am afraid I don’t really use titles.

Title I respect:
Legendary Champion. Because it is something I could never be.

Title I dislike:
GWAMM. I run from these guys. They are scary to a mere mortal.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh …
because while getting some of the titles legitimately was difficult most of them at some point had some sort of bug that made getting them trivial or at least much easier than intended.

• Dungeoneer because… It takes time and… Patience… And sometimes you don’t have any freind to run with and you end up puggin paths that you dislike (yeah I’m looking at you TA)

There is always the PvP reward tracks.

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Combat Healer. It was the first title I unlocked, and I just love going around helping people up again.

Marauder. I’m just a huge Harry Potter fan…

Marauder – mainly because I am terrible at pvp and I most likely will never have the patience to even get the title…

None really…

I would love to see more titles from collections (and dyes should be a collection by all means!) Not sure what kind of name for the title.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Grand Artisan. It requires both mastering at least 3 crafting disciplines and fully kitting out 3 different characters in full ascended armor – which reflects some level of dedication to optimality.

Dungeoneer. It’s impractical to buy so many paths, so you can essentially expect all Dungeoneer holders to be masters of at least the common paths per dungeon, if not ALL the paths.

Dungeoneer, Grand Artisan and Great Jungle Wurm Slayer only. The third one is because it reflects the player’s ability to cooperate with others – which is surprisingly rare.

GWAMM, since it reflects being lost in the glories of the past, more so than trying to be better in the present – GWAMM isn’t even earnable in GW2.

A title I’d want to see would be one that integrates mastery of all different characters and types of content. Requirements:

WvW Req: 20 SMC conquests, 100 Keep conquests, 500 Tower conquests, 1000 Camp conquests, 2000 Sentry Point conquests, 2000 Yak kills, 5000 player kills, 2000 defend event successes. I don’t respect WvW rank, since it’s more a mark of EoTM grinding than WVW now.

Having an account-bound commander tag, to show willingness to spend one’s resources to contribute towards a shared goal.

At least one instance of WvW map completion on all 4 maps, to prove geographical knowledge of the WvW arena.

PvE Req: Grand Artisan prerequisite, with at least 10 ascended weapons account bound. Use of at least 5000 food items and 5000 utility consumables. This reflects a player’s commitment to be a strength to their PvE teams.

Great Jungle Wurm Slayer prerequisite to prove the ability to coordinate with others.

All Personal Story and Living Story Season II achievements unlocked to prove their commitment to their characters and their role in the lore.

All Jumping Puzzle achievements unlocked to prove their ability to move precisely and with good timing.

10,000 Achievement Points minimum to show some level of dedication over time – though this is likely an auto-prerequisite given all the other requirements.

100,000 Influence contributed to a single guild to prove one’s dedication to their community, in addition to their own personal goals.

At least one instance of world completion, to prove geographical knowledge of the entirety of Tyria.

Level 80 in all 8(9) professions with all traits and skills unlocked in at least one of each class type to prove the ability to use any class in any required way.

Both Dungeon Master and Dungeoneer prerequisites, the Aetherpath meta-achievement, all Fractal achievements and Personal Reward Level 50 to prove knowledge of and ability to complete the hardest instanced content in the game.

PvP Req: At least 100 wins in each of all 8(9) professions, at least 50 wins per map type, at least 1000 points captured, at least 1000 points defended, at least 4000 kills, at least 100,000 aggregate score over all played matches. This proves an understanding of the roles of all 8 classes in PvE and the ability to be a useful addition to any team.

All WvW Reqs: ‘Veni, Vidi, Vici.’ – ‘I came, I saw, I conquered.’
All PvE Reqs: ‘Tu Fui, Ego Eris.’ – ‘What you are, I was; what I am, you will be.’
All PvP Reqs: ‘Vincit Qui Se Vincit.’ – ‘Ze conquers who conquers hirself.’
All three meta-reqs: ‘Vive ut Vivas.’ – ‘Live so that you may live.’

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

I usually sport the “Been There, Done That” title. Basically because it sums my real life up in just four words.

But I also like “Veteran”, because it sums up “Been There, Done That” in only one word!

:D

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Mist Runner. My elementalist is very proud of this title.

Ultimate Chaperone, but I’ll will never get this title 1426 of 500.000 dolyaks escorted, and I’m playing this game over 2 years.

I do not care about others.

Been there. Done that.
Once I have respected this title, I have it too, but with removal of the wvw-maps it is too easy to reach now. It took me 3 month until I’ve got the last tower.

1. Seriously?
2. Seriously!

1. Jump as an commander from garrison and die trough falling when 15 people are around you (they have to survive).
2. Have a waypoint in an enemies garrison. The player has to be on the map, when the waypoint appears.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

(edited by Menaki.6329)

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Crab Toss Champion because I won it in one round Crab Toss for doing absolutely nothing, it makes me look like a vulnerable PvE noob to the rare title conscious player in WvW, and I cannot find the achievement that I got it from anywhere.
Yakslapper because If I legitimately got this at this point in the game people would think I was a time traveler.
I don’t pay attention to other people’s titles unless it is one of the* SPvP champion titles*, in which case, I hope the time they spent getting that title payed off in skill.
Golden because it usually means that somebody simply threw money at the screen or had the luck to find a precursor.
Escape Artist for successfully falling out of Rata Sum and getting jailed.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I use titles in games when they match my characters’… well, character. For example, my thief wears “The Tormentor” because of her personality and condition build. That’s what titles should be, in my opinion.

Title’s don’t command my respect or give you more points on some rating scale, it’s just a few words. At the end of the day, any supposedly difficult title can be cheesed and there’s no way to know whether someone is incredibly skilled, struggled but persevered to get it, or just cheesed. Hell, I’ve known people get someone else to play on their account to unlock stuff like this on other games.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. However, if those words complement your character’s name, appearance or I suppose a roleplaying personality – that’s great.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The only title i respect seeing is Dungeoneer (I didnt play GW1 so dont appreciate the titles). Dungeoneer doesn’t sound awesome compared with say ‘The Annihilator’ but it means so much more.

I agree with previous comments on Dungeon Master really not counting for much. I interpret someone wearing it as saying the feel confident about all Dungeons because if i had that title, i still wouldnt wear it if I didn’t feel so. But that’s just my outlook. Inherently, it’s not an impressive title.

How does the Dungeoneer title grant more respect than the Dungeon Master one? I may be wrong, but can’t the Dungeoneer one be had without ever even stepping foot inside a dungeon, via PvP reward tracks?

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

1. Veteran (reason: used to describe people who have seen military service; therefore relevant to Charr.)

2. Champion Legionnaire (Reason: relevant to Charr.)

3. None

4. None

5. Adamant Guard. A story(and character) specific title immediately usable by any Charr player that selected Iron Legion as their legion.

I really want more titles in GW2. One for every slayer achievement, one for each weapon mastery achievement etc…

I dislike the concept of titles being exclusive to a few high achieving players. I much prefer for there to be a large selection of titles for every type of achievement, whether big or small, so that every player can have a title. This stops players from being left out, while still allowing high achieving players to show their achievements by having unique titles.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

(edited by DietPepsi.4371)