Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

fixing forum bug!

Please Address the Female Human Animation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

ANet has a poor definition of “Living”.

They want us to feel the game is “alive” by showing us that things permanently change. But the only way they seem to know how to do that is to take stuff away from us. That may be “change”, but it is not “living”. Life infers growth, not destruction.

• Lion’s Arch was destroyed. The cultural hub of Tyria was taken away.
  • Town Clothes were removed and replaced with Outfits. Tell me; why couldn’t Outfits have been simply added? Why did Town Clothes need to be removed?
  • Countless low level “neat” things were removed for the NPE. Why take away the mini Golem Arena? Was it hurting anything?
  • Many minipets have lost their sound effects. Why can’t they just be made so that only the owner hears them?

Why this policy of take-away? If you take stuff away all the time, and never give anything back, is it any wonder people grumble? Is it any wonder the world doesn’t feel as “alive” as you want it to?

Forget all the examples above. What about your “Living World” Season 1? It was all about new content being added. Change! But what happened when that new content was removed? Massive complaints by the player base. You had to restructure your flagship game model to allow the Living World content to be available to players whenever they have the time.

Can’t you see this ANet? Didn’t the lesson of LS1 translate to the other parts of the game? Change is great, but taking stuff away is not a great way to show change. Even the little things matter to people; for it is those things that really make the world come to life.

EDIT: You added the special “Mail Carrier” animations completely on the suggestion of one inventive player on the forums. I applaud you for that. I would probably even buy one myself, except that it always happens behind open windows, so I never get to see it. But it is those little bits and pieces of flavor that have nothing at all to do with “getting ahead” in the game that add the life to your world.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

One of the reasons why the loss of these animations is so sensitive to many people is because there are so, so few ways for players to actually feel like they’re integrated in and having an effect on the world around them. The illusion offered by world events quickly wears off once you see them repeated every few minutes like clockwork. The game promises a “personal story”, but let’s face it, it’s really the Logan & Trahearne Show and you’re just a supporting character in it. Living World Season 1 is the Legend of Scarlet, All Praise Be Unto Her, and by this point your character has even lost her voice. Season 2 is the Kasmeer & Marjory Soap Opera With Special Comic Relief Guests Rox Braham and Taimi and Oh Yeah Maybe there’s Someone called the “Boss” or Something Who Cares She’s Not Important. They’ve been making tiny strides in improving the player’s supposed role in these stories but it’s still clear they care more about their own personal NPC fiction than how much the player feels like he or she actually matters in any of it.

So, as silly as it sounds, one of the FEW TINY THINGS we have to remind us that our character is a living breathing part of this world is to be able to stand still and watch her play a few little animations every once in a while. Yes, it sounds laughable written out that like. I can accept that a lot of people won’t really “get” this, that it seems trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of just “playing the game” and acquiring points. And really, it is such a small thing, isn’t ?it? But to have it taken away.. it’s just the salt in the wound. The feeling of being shoved in a corner and told “you shouldn’t be looking at YOUR character, you should be paying attention to KASMEER!” It’s just a nagging feeling of neglect slowly growing across two years of numerous bugs and issues that affect player characters being ignored in favor of drawing attention to one or another member of the dev team’s shiny dangling new keys.

(edited by Stormclaw.5031)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’m still amazed how quickly they could remove this but how hilariously hard it is to just re-enable. (No developer time to set that variable to 1)

Hamfast.8719

Well my mini pets are still in the cut scenes. Boy, they are really making it hard to stay immersed in the story! If only I could… I dunno, kick a little dirt over them or something? Look away from them up into the sky? Or is that stretching things? No! Noooooo! I’m brushing the hair away from my eyes so I can see the offending minis better!

Seriously… I take a lot of screen caps. Using my Wayback Machine, I looked at the time periods between the Betas and the invasion of Southsun Cove. Even back then, a lot of my pictures are taken at some point during one of those animations. They help “tell the story” in the photos far better than just standing there doing nothing. Can PLEASE we get some word on when these will be restored? I don’t want to enter the Maguuma Jungle without ’em.

Pics:

• Tree House
  • Greeting the Morning Sun
  • Night Castle
  • Beach Resort

Attachments:

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

+1 OP

The official stated reason is a double standard at best, and a complete misdirection at worst.

Please bring the animations back.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Bring back the animations! ’Nuff said.

I think the true reason was that some people saw the animations as “sensuous” (because of course a woman cannot stretch her arms without having the goal to show off her breasts, no, we need all women to keep her arms below the waist at all times), and so ArenaNet removed them in order to cater to the overly conservative and misogynist players.

It’s a shame, but isn’t the first time ArenaNet makes the game worse in order to cater to the lowest denominator.

Hamfast.8719

I think the true reason was that some people saw the animations as “sensuous” (because of course a woman cannot stretch her arms without having the goal to show off her breasts, no, we need all women to keep her arms below the waist at all times), and so ArenaNet removed them in order to cater to the overly conservative and misogynist players.

It’s a shame, but isn’t the first time ArenaNet makes the game worse in order to cater to the lowest denominator.

Guild Wars 2 was given a T for “Teen” rating from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB). This means “content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.”

Sensuality of this nature is well within their game age rating. Nothing wrong with it being included here.

Of course they may be trying to expand their player base by getting the rating lowered. The “dumbing down” of the game will soon make it suitable for an EC rating (Early Childhood).

Posted by: lawnpirates.8527

lawnpirates.8527

I returned after a very long hiatus and noticed something different about my Mesmer’s animation. At first, thought I was seeing things but I’m glad I found this thread. A prayer circle for the human (F) animation to come back soon.

Posted by: Nakatsu Hime.3520

Nakatsu Hime.3520

Seeing my female char idly kicking the ground at a tense moment or stretching sensuously while consulting with important people felt very wrong.

There it is. I was waiting for someone to say it was “sensuous” or “sexy”. I don’t see it. I sincerely hope that isn’t part of the reason for its removal. But then, I’m not worried about the Norn fist-smacking or Asura knuckle-cracking either. My “immersion” isn’t spoiled so easily.

The animations are there to convey emotion. The Norn fist smacking can express readiness to fight. The Asura knuckle cracking can show readiness to start a job. Tell me, what does a woman idly kicking the ground or stretching show readiness to do?

It simply was inappropriate for the female chars to stretch like that or to idly kick the ground. You might not seen the stretch as sensuous, but it was routinely described in those terms. Having those animations did not fit the emotions the personal story was trying to convey.

This response sounds as if it was lifted directly from ‘Political Correctness – The Way Forward’.

Hamfast.8719

An enterprising poster found this for me:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Default-Character-Animations-Spoil-It-All/first#post4402717

It is supposedly the original thread that resulted in removal of the “fidget” animations from all the human females.

The thread has 34 entries. By my count, only FOUR people outright said the animations were “jarring” or “immersion breaking”. Much of the other talk covers other actions that seem inappropriate at certain times (i.e. a cheery “Hello!” or something like that if you speak with NPCs at a tragic scene. You toon saying “You can never have too much treasure” when you collect your reward at a time when you’re supposed to be crying your eyes out.) Overall, the complaints are mostly about the NPCs, not the players toons.

Even the OP didn’t call for outright removal of the animations from all characters. He suggested the addition of some “neutral” animations that could be used instead during those situations.

So there ya go. A thread with 34 posts vs. all the threads that want the animations restored. (Including the topic in the BUGS forum which at this time is up to 301 posts).

A small post, with a minor issue taken way out of context. PLEASE, ANet. Restoration is long overdue.

As my altered subject line states; could someone PLEASE address this situation and let us know what is going on?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Good grief do I really have to keep posting this quote from Gaile posted in your OP ?

TL;dr: This change is coming, as soon as it can be scheduled and prioritized. Naturally, some matters that are higher on the priority list but this project will be scheduled as appropriate.

I’m not really sure what you don’t understand about that.

The Burninator

Hamfast.8719

Squeaky wheel, man… squeaky wheel.

JustTrogdor.7892

Squeaky wheel, man… squeaky wheel.

Not really, just being obnoxious at this point when you already got your answer from Gaile. Ask the people that want SAB back about the squeaky wheel.

The Burninator

Hamfast.8719

Hey, the answer is going on 6 months old. I am asking politely for an update. Maybe the answer will be “sorry – never coming back!” But I would still like to hear something.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Hey, the answer is going on 6 months old. I am asking politely for an update. Maybe the answer will be “sorry – never coming back!” But I would still like to hear something.

I’d like to know the truth about what happened, and who was behind it. The whole thing stinks like a fish that’s been left in the sun for a few days.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

serenke.4806

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Default-Character-Animations-Spoil-It-All

This happened. Although the posters there did not ask for a removal of animations but offered some ideas i’m still amazed that they were kitteny about this but not about the tonic-morphed scarlet’s machine videos or the miniatures spoiling their immersion in the cutscenes later on.

I guess THANK YOU Lishtenbird for noticing such an incredibly game-breaking thing and THANK YOU Anet for reacting quickly.

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

Personally I’d rather they fix all the armor clipping issues on anything not human, then worry about a few animations.

serenke.4806

Personally I’d rather they fix all the armor clipping issues on anything not human, then worry about a few animations.

The thing is, armor clipping issues are a common thing on everything including humans. The “few animations” have been in the game but they’ve been removed intentionally. That’s not exactly the same issue.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I’m Soooooo glad I finished the personal story on my main human character BEFORE this nerf.

Seeing those fidget animations was the only thing that made most of those cutscenes bearable.

That wasn’t a bug, it was a feature.

I didn’t consciously realize these were gone, not having played the game in almost 2 years. But now I guess I know why I’m mostly sticking to my charr main these days – SHE still feels like she has character.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It would be nice to have the original animations again. I didn’t know why they removed them. The female screenshots are fabulous, BTW.

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’d also like these animations restored. I never felt they were sensuous or gamebreaking. I never understood why they were removed in the first place and would love to have them back.

I find it jarring that my toons have nothing but a brush hair animation and miss all the other ones.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

I’d like to know the truth about what happened, and who was behind it. The whole thing stinks like a fish that’s been left in the sun for a few days.

Cue X-Files music…

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I can see it now: HoT comes out and animations are a gem store item…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

F\
This is a flagrant double standard. At this point, we need to do one of two things:

• Immediately restore the human female idle animations

- or -

• Immediately remove mini pets from the game until they can be “fixed” to behave properly during cutscenes.

Uh?

Minis are optional items that are often designed to be silly.

I don’t see how someone having one out that happens to mess with the mood of the setting is as weighty an issue as having the player character, which is mandatory, react poorly to the mood of the setting.

EX:

If someone complains that their player character is ruining the game immersion, Anet cannot do anything but fix the animation if they think that the immersion being ruined is a real and serious issue.

If someone complains that their mini is ruining immersion, Anet can just tell them to turn it off.

One situation is the player not having a choice to fix their own problem, and the other is.

I understand the animations need to be fixed, but thats a reallllly huge leap to try to make your point. I’m sorry Anet decided to listen to someone being so picky about idle animations breaking immersion and resolve it by just making the character less expressive.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

F\
This is a flagrant double standard. At this point, we need to do one of two things:

- or -

• Immediately remove mini pets from the game until they can be “fixed” to behave properly during cutscenes.

Uh?

I don’t see how someone having one out that happens to mess with the mood of the setting is as weighty an issue as having the player character, which is mandatory, react poorly to the mood of the setting.

I understand the animations need to be fixed, but thats a reallllly huge leap to try to make your point.

No it’s not. It’s exactly the same thing. Whether it’s the silly minis ruining the immersion or a stretch or some tree branch being in the wrong spot. It’s the same thing. The player character did not react poorly to anything, it (just like Kasmeer and other npcs were) was playing out an idle animation while being idle. In a scripted cutscene. That you watch once, maybe twice. Then you are done. Not bothered by it anymore. But you are standing idle elsewhere more often than being in that one particular godkitten ed kittening cutscene.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I can see it now: HoT comes out and animations are a gem store item…

Honestly, I’d be pretty happy with this. As well as my old running animation and the ability to pay $100 to have them stitch together an outfit out of a few mix-n-match pieces I used to wear and pick what the 4 color channels are.

Unfortunately, this isn’t about money. It’s not about choices and options either. It’s not about balance. That’s unfortunate.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ll jump in on put it back in band wagon. I would not find it immersion breaking in the least. My human female is kitteny, she doesn’t really care all that much. Something big and dramatic is happening? Meh, she has better things to care about. She’d be bored and want to get on with it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

lol I forgot about these animations which tells me that it’s been way too long. I would definitely like my animations back, though.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

while I’d like to see the animations return, I do NOT see a reason to attempt and elevate this above the “annoying” status it deserves. If it truly effects your “game play”, then there are other personal issues you may need to consider addressing.

Asking what the status is (without the demanding, petulant tone) is certainly acceptable.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

while I’d like to see the animations return, I do NOT see a reason to attempt and elevate this above the “annoying” status it deserves. If it truly effects your “game play”, then there are other personal issues you may need to consider addressing.

Asking what the status is (without the demanding, petulant tone) is certainly acceptable.

I wonder where the line is that makes elevates stuff above “annoying” and i also wonder if we shouldn’t just play with stick figures since that would also not be game breaking and it would not affect game play eh?

Seriously, these things are part of the “living, breathing” blabla they said they were trying to create. And if “small” things are not affecting your game play then why even bother?

Besides, most of the demanding tone comes from the method they’ve handled this “issue”.

Also… i’m sure that you are not the authority on what passes for more than “annoying” and what does not – for everyone else. Or what is acceptable.

Kal Spiro.9745

I wonder where the line is that makes elevates stuff above “annoying” and i also wonder if we shouldn’t just play with stick figures since that would also not be game breaking and it would not affect game play eh?

Seriously, these things are part of the “living, breathing” blabla they said they were trying to create. And if “small” things are not affecting your game play then why even bother?

Besides, most of the demanding tone comes from the method they’ve handled this “issue”.

Also… i’m sure that you are not the authority on what passes for more than “annoying” and what does not – for everyone else. Or what is acceptable.

The line is very definite and obvious. When it actually changes the game, in a tangible way, it has crossed that line. This is not that.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Azure The Heartless.3261

F\

- or -

Uh?

I understand the animations need to be fixed, but thats a reallllly huge leap to try to make your point.

No it’s not. It’s exactly the same thing. Whether it’s the silly minis ruining the immersion or a stretch or some tree branch being in the wrong spot. It’s the same thing. The player character did not react poorly to anything, it (just like Kasmeer and other npcs were) was playing out an idle animation while being idle. In a scripted cutscene. That you watch once, maybe twice. Then you are done. Not bothered by it anymore. But you are standing idle elsewhere more often than being in that one particular godkitten ed kittening cutscene.

But if the mini aggravates you, you can turn it off. That’s the difference I’m pointing at.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

notebene.3190

The line is very definite and obvious. When it actually changes the game, in a tangible way, it has crossed that line. This is not that.

But isn’t that the great irony though? If idle and running animations don’t affect game play, why was the former was turned off at all (either on purpose or, as we’ve been led to believe, as a bug) and the latter purposefully modified to something entirely different, presumably spending a fair chunk of person hours there?

Or is it that a few people wanting them off/changed is game breaking and affects game play, but the people who enjoyed the original design concepts and intentions from launch wanting them back are only asking for something that is a small annoyance?

How does the one thing get to be two different types of things depending on the side of the fence you are standing? Is that how we end up with some old guy bringing a snow ball to the office to show us why global warming isn’t real? O.o

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Good grief do I really have to keep posting this quote from Gaile posted in your OP ?

TL;dr: This change is coming, as soon as it can be scheduled and prioritized. Naturally, some matters that are higher on the priority list but this project will be scheduled as appropriate.

I’m not really sure what you don’t understand about that.

That still doesn’t explain the double standard. Why would they remove the animations if they didn’t even have a fix planned? That’s sloppy management. It’s just amateur. It’s not like it was game-breaking or crashing computers.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

F\

- or -

Uh?

But if the mini aggravates you, you can turn it off. That’s the difference I’m pointing at.

Then Anet should force minis to be disabled, since they want to be authoritarian about the whole issue of their cinematics. God forbid their “precious” cutscenes be ruined by immersion!

I just find it amateurish that they would remove them without even having a fix planned, especially since it was never game-breaking.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Tbh, I don’t know what ANet is thinking when they simply remove things in game like this.

For any kind of ‘sense’ it makes, they just end up upsetting a part of the GW2 population that otherwise was happy

It’s not like the story line was good to begin with.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Azure The Heartless.3261

F\

- or -

Uh?

Then Anet should force minis to be disabled, since they want to be authoritarian about the whole issue of their cinematics. God forbid their “precious” cutscenes be ruined by immersion!

I just find it amateurish that they would remove them without even having a fix planned, especially since it was never game-breaking.

But… the player can do it if it breaks immersion for them.

Why would they force minis to be disabled if the player can do it themselves?

Granted, they should just put it back.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

But isn’t that the great irony though? If idle and running animations don’t affect game play, why was the former was turned off at all (either on purpose or, as we’ve been led to believe, as a bug) and the latter purposefully modified to something entirely different, presumably spending a fair chunk of person hours there?

Or is it that a few people wanting them off/changed is game breaking and affects game play, but the people who enjoyed the original design concepts and intentions from launch wanting them back are only asking for something that is a small annoyance?

How does the one thing get to be two different types of things depending on the side of the fence you are standing? Is that how we end up with some old guy bringing a snow ball to the office to show us why global warming isn’t real? O.o

You are making my point by blowing this entire issue SO far out of proportion….I support the animations being put back in (we want the same thing), I just don’t see the NEED to be rude and obnoxious about asking where Anet is with doing so (or with other players that question why being snotty is a requirement to ask the question).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

notebene.3190

You are making my point by blowing this entire issue SO far out of proportion….I support the animations being put back in (we want the same thing), I just don’t see the NEED to be rude and obnoxious about asking where Anet is with doing so (or with other players that question why being snotty is a requirement to ask the question).

I guess there’s the first part of your original comment and the second part.

I suppose we can all agree that whether something is a game play issue or simply ‘annoying’, we should probably not be rude regardless. Certainly something that is a game play issue doesn’t warrant a little extra rudeness leeway?

More to the first point, my response was directed at that, not the rudeness comment.

And it wasn’t in rebuttal to your comment, so much as a great opportunity to maybe dig a little bit about why it was changed, because it seems a bit related, at least possibly, no?

“I do NOT see a reason to attempt and elevate this above the “annoying” status it deserves."

That was my whole point. If the idle and original running animation are, as you saying, simply of ‘annoying’ status, then they didn’t warrant the attention that was put into removing the former, and spending labor altering the latter. As they went out of there way to change them, it seems that perhaps they are, to someone, whether internally or through some quiet communication stream (I’ve said this before in other threads regarding this, I totally missed the 1000+ post “Thread O’Outrage” that usually drives a change like this), more of a ‘game play’ or ‘game health’ issue (I’ve seen the terms healthy and appropriate come up before, though with respect to the outfit vs mix-n-match system, but it’s all related).

Now, they responded to the idle one, I suppose. Told Gaile to tell us it’s a bug, but low priority. After they ripped it out. You know, I remember after the last big patch, we had small patches every day for 10 days fixing some little annoying things like hearing other people’s voices. Didn’t affect game play, just annoying.

They have ‘never’ said anything about the original running animation, though I suppose someone will throw out ‘clipping’ at some point and wash their hands of it. And talk about annoying vs game breaking. I’ll refrain from a screed on the ‘clipping’ camp. More harm than good.

So, I completely lost my train of thought, because I’m writing this and alt-tabbing out to read and respond to some other things.

Oh yes! The intention of my thread wasn’t in rebuttal to your comments at all! It was a nice spring board to say, “‘Annoying vs Game Play’…yeah you’re right! And if that were true, then why did they bother to begin with! Hmmm”.

Honestly, I wish we just got that…that word over that way (<-) at the beginning…honesty. I don’t believe the bug. I don’t believe clipping. I think it’s closer to the healthy and appropriate words that were floated in the big outfit thread. So just come on out and lay it out. “The original designers made the game a certain way. We sent them to a special camp so they don’t do that any more. Our thetans are…uh…high? (I don’t know what thetans are supposed to do) now and we’re all healthy and appropriate so we don’t have to fight them over here.” Then I’d know who they are, whether they believe in choices and options or whether they are just taking it all away, and I can decide whether I would like to continue supporting them.

But yeah, you want them back, I want them back, no harm no foul. And again, not disagreeing with you, just taking your response as an opportunity to expound on my screed.

And hopefully I don’t get scolded again. I’ve got a moderator stalking me.

Kal Spiro.9745

I think you’re misunderstanding. It was turned off because that was easy to do, since it isn’t a priority, but does still need to be fixed (I guess.) Whether it’s on or off, though, it’s just an annoyance, it’s not something to get bent out of shape about. It just isn’t worth it. If it exists in the game it won’t change your gameplay. If it remains out of the game it won’t change your gameplay.

They decided they didn’t want it to play during cut scenes and they made that be a thing. While it’s off it doesn’t play during cut scenes. They’ll get around to it eventually (probably, maybe.) Until then, get on with your life. Say you think they should turn it back on, and get on with your life.

notebene.3190

I think you’re misunderstanding. It was turned off because that was easy to do, since it isn’t a priority, but does still need to be fixed (I guess.) Whether it’s on or off, though, it’s just an annoyance, it’s not something to get bent out of shape about. It just isn’t worth it. If it exists in the game it won’t change your gameplay. If it remains out of the game it won’t change your gameplay.

They decided they didn’t want it to play during cut scenes and they made that be a thing. While it’s off it doesn’t play during cut scenes. They’ll get around to it eventually (probably, maybe.) Until then, get on with your life. Say you think they should turn it back on, and get on with your life.

If it’s just an annoyance, then leaving it on and ‘not’ flipping the switch until they had a clear path to do everything in one shot would have been an even easier option.

The fact that they did, meant that it was really more than just an annoyance, at least for someone.

If it’s all just an annoyance, why does the person that said it was ‘immersion breaking’ (and I won’t get started about all the things in any video game that are immersion breaking, it’s all just a matter of degrees and opinions) get the upper hand? Why does there annoyance out weigh me now being annoyed after 2.5 years of being perfectly happy?

If it’s all just an annoyance, then they should have responded to the person who, apparently, was bent out of shape enough to get it changed, by saying, “Yes, we can turn it off, but many people enjoy the idle animations and have for 2.5 years. It’s on our plate, and when we can get a real plan about how to solve it all in one shot, we’ll be sure to get it in. Thank you for understanding.”

Kal Spiro.9745

Short answer? Because reasons.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

The sad truth is they will probably never “get around” to putting those animations back in unless they believe they can monetize it.

This is just one in a long line of little slights that has me “playing” the forums and not the game, and it saddens me because I absolutely LOVED GW1 and was so hyped about GW2. I bought the CE, I was in on the first day of beta and I had a glorious year of playing a wonderful GW2 before it all went downhill.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

My third and the last plea. Please bring it back.

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

Why is this a thread?

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

We’re still waiting…

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Hopefully after HoT they can get around to this kind of stuff. The story is one of the least compelling reasons for me to play gw2 and I would prefer to see the return of human female idle animation and the human female run animation as opposed to seeing more living story.

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Guys why not get a real one than complaining about such stupid thing

JustTrogdor.7892

Guys why not get a real one than complaining about such stupid thing

Some people seem to enjoy idle animations as seen in this thread so it isn’t fair to say it is stupid. Everyone has small things about the game they care about. Gauging how important to the overall game such things are in Anet’s eyes and to the bulk of the player base is a different question.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)