Please bring back the Log-in Screen!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

I want this, I want this, I want this. I don’t know why they removed it. Lots of games these days have that smaller startup window with no sound. There is no impact! It doesn’t feel like an event! When I login I want to feel like I’m being transported to something amazing, not like I’m logging in to go back to work.

this.

Posted by: Oenomaus.6413

Oenomaus.6413

I wholeheartedly agree! the startup now feels soulless, and i also want the old one back, the chills i got hearing the music back then, and the awesome effects… droool.. sadly, knowing arenanet they arent going to do anything about it..

on another note. where are my kitten new hairstyles, the customization should have improved after 1 year? Don’t tell me you havnt made new hairstyles, faces, and such, stop being lazy!

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

Op, please put this
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15432623/HTML/login/index.html
in first post so people can see it more clearly and maybe post it in petition site.

Also try writing some threads on gw2 fan forums to get people attention ^^

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Op, please put this
in first post so people can see it more clearly and maybe post it in petition site.

I don’t know how you did it but it’s awesome!

Petition signed!

phiplayer.2865

It’s not mine ^^ But it would be good to put this thing in before character select. You need to click it to have it fade away. Or something like that.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Op, please put this

I don’t know how you did it but it’s awesome!

Petition signed!

It’s not very hard. It’s basically a video with a partially transparent image (in the shape of the dragon) put on top of it. A bit of Javascript to scale the thing, and play some music.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I support that with whole my heart

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

Hey guys! Thanks to Dimittri, there is a petition going on at change.org to add the log-in screen back into the game. I added the link to the original post if you guys want to follow it!

Op, please put this

As requested! I will put the link into the original post so players can see it!

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

Hey guys! Thanks to Dimittri, there is a petition going on at change.org to add the log-in screen back into the game. I added the link to the original post if you guys want to follow it!

Op, please put this

As requested! I will put the link into the original post so players can see it!

Thanks for the credit but I’m only doing it because I really wan’t to see this old login screen back!

Lemme tell you guys something, ArenaNet receives an email for each person that subscribe our petition! So lets get their attention!

UP-VOTE it on Reddit > http://redd.it/1l1nwq

FLOOD THEIR EMAIL WITH OUR PETITION REQUEST!

~Sanctum of Rall~

(edited by Dimittri.3245)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That dropbox link is great (I adored that login screen so much) but when I get a popup that the site is asking me to allow it to load stuff when I’m offline … eww. No. I don’t want random sites loading things I don’t approve piecemeal.

Posted by: LaFleur.9374

LaFleur.9374

As someone mentioned on reddit, they removed the -useoldlauncher command some time ago. All they need to do is reimplement that so people have the choice. Personally I love the convenience of going from opening GW2 to playing in only a few seconds and wouldn’t go back to the old login but it’s a shame not to have the option to use it at all since it was amazing to look at.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

That dropbox link is great (I adored that login screen so much) but when I get a popup that the site is asking me to allow it to load stuff when I’m offline … eww. No. I don’t want random sites loading things I don’t approve piecemeal.

=__=

What exactly does the popup say? Is it just Javascript (which runs on your computer) or something else?

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Sky.7610

this is incredibly easy to implement.

Posted by: Dimittri.3245

Dimittri.3245

this is incredibly easy to implement.

Indeed. I think they should give us an option to choose between the actual launcher or the old login screen. Also they can add to the old login screen some information they actually provide about the game updates as it is displayed on the launcher today.

~Sanctum of Rall~

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

I, too, want the old launcher back. Its design was beautifully minimalistic, and the log-in highlighted the wonderful concept artwork in cutscene format against the iconic logo in such a way that it made you anticipate just jumping in.

The current launcher is a HUGE “meh.” Just another road sign on the way to Tyria. Surely there’s a way to enter authenticator data if need be, like adding a field (like in THE FIRST GAME).

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

(edited by Soja.5918)

phiplayer.2865

Please, share this with your friends, tell your guildies, talk about it on /map ^^

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

+1 for the old log-in screen. The little window now is a step backward in my opinion and have no idea why it was done. The old one was so clean and imposing.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

+1 for the old log-in screen. The little window now is a step backward in my opinion and have no idea why it was done. The old one was so clean and imposing.

I think it was because it is a clean and fast launcher, that features the current Living Story and updates. It also loads you into the game pretty quick, with no need to open the login screen, then type in your password, and then login.

However, that can be done with a login screen too.

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

I think it was because it is a clean and fast launcher, that features the current Living Story and updates. It also loads you into the game pretty quick, with no need to open the login screen, then type in your password, and then login.

However, that can be done with a login screen too.

Yes, it can be done. As a veteran player from Guild Wars 1, it is entirely possible. Guild Wars one had a basic launcher that downloaded updates if they were necessary then would close out of the patcher and open the initial program, which had a log-in screen and a news feed to the right.

With the Guild Wars 2 Log-in screen, they can either put the news feed above the log-in box, or on the character selection screen in a tab (now that there are currently two tabs.. Trophies and Achievements).

As for the Authenticate System, World of Warcraft, Runescape, and a few other MMORPGs (Me being part of the press for a short time), all have the authenticate system built into their log-in screen. Everything can be added to the log-in screen and would take just as much time to log-in as the current launcher does.

The Log-in screen is an essential part to an MMORPG. When you sit down and open up a game, the Log-in screen is sort of a portal to us RPG addicts. It presents us with something unknown and epic, and excites us for what we’re about to discover and explore. It’s like a sign that says “Your adventure starts here!” as we log in and leap into the game.

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

Sky.7610

So… Why isn’t this put back yet? >.>

phiplayer.2865

Come on! We need just about 40+ more people!

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

100% agree with this. The beta login screen with the music in the background put me in such a good mood before logging in that sometimes I would wait because I wanted to listen to the music. Maybe they could incorporate the current news feed into that login page, I don’t see why they ever removed this:(

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

Signed ’coze that thing screamed “EPIC” from my monitor!

Sky.7610

daily dose of justice!

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

w0w.. noones kittened.. i am amazed… Bring this back ANET!!!

Sky.7610

w0w.. noones kittened.. i am amazed… Bring this back ANET!!!

i know, that never happens!

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Everyone has to post cute cat gifs for them to listen! Ready?

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I honestly have no idea why they took that out, I’d rather have that then the bland launcher any day.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

+1 OP signed

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I remember this. I only got to enjoy it a couple of times and would like to see it return.

Signed.