Please complete missing trinket sets.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

As the title says please complete the missing trinket sets.
I’ve been so frustrated with ANET’s handling of ascended trinkets.

First,
There were incomplete sets with the living story. See Ogden’s Ankh. It just so happened that this was the last accessory I needed to complete my build. This took since the launch of HoT to fix.

Second,
New combination sets are being added without completing previously added sets. Combination sets like (Rabid/Apothecary) or (Rabid/Dire) etc.

Third,
Sets that are linked to achievements aren’t even complete see Vigil’s Honor and the other two faction ascended trinkets. This was my breaking point because after the update rangers have been bestowed a great crusader build, but, of course, they can’t have it because there is no crusader back or rings.

Fourth,
Completing incomplete sets will resolve this but,
There should be the same number of back items, rings, amulets, and accessories. Currently there are:
—-17 Ring stat sets. (4 ‘Select Stat’)
—-21 Accessory stat sets. (5 ‘Select Stat’)
—-17 Amulet stat sets. (8 ‘Select Stat’)
—-5 Back stat sets. (Not including fractal, which is only able to become 1 of 4 possible stats). (17 ‘Select Stat’)
Hmmm…….

In review
I’m happy new stat combinations are coming to the game, as this expands build diversity and fun. But they should be handled by someone who knows what they’re doing.

1) New stat combinations have to be added as SETS, no just rings or just amulets.
2) Previously added incomplete sets must be completed and purchasable at a laurel vendor.
3) I personally don’t believe ANET should pursue combination stat sets like dire/rabid. I think there should be a way of players combining two in the forge to produce a new soul-bound ring that they name. Of course following some set rules:

Multiple Stat Ascended Trinket Rework Idea

4) All trinkets should be able to be purchased at a laurel vendor. As a single-character player I will never be able to acquire the missing faction-required collection achievement trinkets. Still, you could earn trinkets from achievements.

Thank you for your time.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

(edited by UnitedChaos.8364)

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Stat combinations on gear are a big mess in general. There is no consistency and one cannot live without wikipedia. All stat combinations should be available and for reasonable price.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I’ve no idea why it’s not just “player choice” dropdown boxes. Choose the number of prefixes, choose a major, choose two minors, the whole debacle is solved. I know, I know, RNG or “keeps you playing” or something.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I’ve no idea why it’s not just “player choice” dropdown boxes. Choose the number of prefixes, choose a major, choose two minors, the whole debacle is solved. I know, I know, RNG or “keeps you playing” or something.

Totally agree something like this would be great. I’m tired of having multiple gear sets taking up inventory. At least make it so our gear we soul bind can be made into a selectable stat menu. If guild wars 2 wants to have build diversity make it simple and convenient. Traits were made so we can change on the fly I was hoping gear stats, runes, and sigils would be eventually easy to swap in an out through some sorta unlock method. I consider transmutation charges even annoying (to a lesser degree but still) that I can’t just swap out gear that I have unlocked. although I have plenty. I’m hoping that since its 2016 we can get no brainer ideas that break the mmo mode of traditions.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Agreed. Their handling of the stat situation is deplorable.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Still waiting for Power – Con. dmg. – Toughness.