Please stop moaning.

Please stop moaning.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Forums are always full of moaning, it just means the people that are having fun are in the game instead of on the forum :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

the pvp is the most balanced you’ve seen ever? LOL is this your first video game?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Yep. Like you said, WoW’s forums are a moshpit of complaints but look at that, everyone still plays it.

But just as you are expressing your opinion of the game right now, they can express their’s.

As for balance, GW2 probably is the most balanced game I’ve seen in terms of MMOs and MOBAs, but it sure isn’t perfectly balanced.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

the pvp is the most balanced you’ve seen ever? LOL is this your first video game?

Well the current PVP meta is horrible but it used to be more balanced

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Nybor.9687

Nybor.9687

The PVP is balanced. It’s amazingly hard to get the game perfectly balanced, and I think Anet have done a bloomin good job to be fair. Obviously there’s always tweaks they can work on, but nothing to severe or game breaking. Every class has the potential to be good in pvp

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Are you moaning about moaning?

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I’m not sure that an OP that essentially translates as:

“you should not post your opinion if it disagrees with mine.”

is particularly better than what it is preaching against.

Please stop moaning.

Nybor.9687

You clearly haven’t read my post properly. I’m not moaning about moaning or saying people can’t have there opinions. I’m just saying its annoying seeing posts about the game as a whole going downhill or “breaking” or whatever. Because its not.

Please stop moaning.

Ashen.2907

You clearly haven’t read my post properly. I’m not moaning about moaning or saying people can’t have there opinions. I’m just saying its annoying seeing posts about the game as a whole going downhill or “breaking” or whatever. Because its not.

You specifically ask people to not express their opinion if it disagrees with your own about the state of the game. Not sure how that was supposed to be read.

At least you said please though.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

… I’m just saying its annoying seeing posts…

Sounds like moaning about moaning to me…

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Wait, your moaning about the moaners, here.

Seriously ?

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Most people who take the time to complain/post criticism about the game on the forum probably do it because they care about the game.

With that said, complaining is bad. Constructive criticism is good.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

It’s really sad to see the community has started moaning alot more recently. These forums are beginning to look like the World of Warcraft forums where they moan about every bit of content they can think off. Fair enough if you have feedback, but I can’t stand seeing posts like ‘the state of the game’. This game is amazing. Just because your a little bit bored of your dailies or doing fracts the whole games going downhill? There’s tonnes of other fun stuff. Try getting some cool titles, or try completely all jumping puzzles or getting a new armour set for a new build or doing world explorer or making a new alt or playing limitless games of pvp or making your own guild, do bounties etc or maxing out all the crafts or getting full ascended or playing the living world content or doing one of the Activities such as Southsun Survival or getting Dungeon Master Or collecting all the dyes. And the list goes on. So please don’t make posts about how the games ‘going downhill’ when it’s not. The pvp is the most balanced I’ve ever seen on any game. The PvE is great fun.

sorry, but the game really is going downhill.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It’s really sad to see the community has started moaning alot more recently. These forums are beginning to look like the World of Warcraft forums where they moan about every bit of content they can think off. Fair enough if you have feedback, but I can’t stand seeing posts like ‘the state of the game’. This game is amazing. Just because your a little bit bored of your dailies or doing fracts the whole games going downhill? There’s tonnes of other fun stuff. Try getting some cool titles, or try completely all jumping puzzles or getting a new armour set for a new build or doing world explorer or making a new alt or playing limitless games of pvp or making your own guild, do bounties etc or maxing out all the crafts or getting full ascended or playing the living world content or doing one of the Activities such as Southsun Survival or getting Dungeon Master Or collecting all the dyes. And the list goes on. So please don’t make posts about how the games ‘going downhill’ when it’s not. The pvp is the most balanced I’ve ever seen on any game. The PvE is great fun.

sorry, but the game really is going downhill.

How so? Specifics please…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

This thread went downhill, that’s for sure.

I think the problem is that you say someone who posts negatively about the game is “moaning”, which is a very belittling word. People who are being belittled tend to respond negatively. So maybe don’t use belittling words.

So, maybe just state how you love the game and don’t attack people who have complaints.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Przemek.6835

Przemek.6835

Well ur opinion is that the game is good, and u seem to think that it is okay to express your opinion in this topic.

Why are you trying to tell me that expressing negative opinion is not good?

In my and many others opinion game is not good. It is natural that people will let you know if they don’t like something. Don’t expect people to just move on without a word.

To me you are just another casual white-knight gw2 fanboy. No criticism allowed, the game is perfect in every aspect. All praise ANet.

Please stop moaning.

Nybor.9687

Let me set this straight, once again. My point is, it’s fine to make constructive feedback about things your not happy with, but to make whiny posts about how the game as a whole is failing or going downhill is just complete rubbish and that’s what brings the negatively. ANet appreciate feedback, they don’t appreciate people telling them the game they have worked so hard with and continue to do so is failing, when it isn’t.

Please stop moaning.

Ashen.2907

The game is going downhill. This is not rubbish, it is an opinion on a completely subjective topic…the perceived merits of the current direction of the game.

You may not agree with that opinion. I am glad that you express your opinion that the game is not going downhill.

I am pretty sure that ANet can decide for themselves what they do and don’t appreciate but don’t let that stop you from expressing your opinion on the content of others’ thoughts.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Unfortunately most people have lost the ability to differentiate between criticism and moaning.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Op’s thread title “Please stop moaning”.

OP moans about other people’s moaning.

Wut?

:p

Just messing with ya OP.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

what’s up with all these thread telling people to stop moaning? are they professional trolls hired by anet?

Oceanic [LOD]

Please stop moaning.

Paulytnz.7619

what’s up with all these thread telling people to stop moaning? are they professional trolls hired by anet?

No idea but it seems they have not read, perhaps even seen the sticky at the top of the page “Please remain civil towards one another ”.

Surely you would expect posts of these nature to be nothing more than flame bait…

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Well the current PVP meta is horrible but it used to be more balanced

I’ve played almost every mmo of all existing. PvP balance here is one of the best (if not the best of all). Largely due to the mechanics itself and dodge possibilities rather than balancing, though. But nevertheless, it is. Can you give another example?

Please stop moaning.

Nybor.9687

Yup your right this thread was flame bait lol. Not intentionally. Ah well. Think ill just stop coming on the forums, everyone argues with every single opinion or thread whatever it may be. Can’t win.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Przemek.6835

Przemek.6835

Let me set this straight, once again. My point is, it’s fine to make constructive feedback about things your not happy with, but to make whiny posts about how the game as a whole is failing or going downhill is just complete rubbish and that’s what brings the negatively. ANet appreciate feedback, they don’t appreciate people telling them the game they have worked so hard with and continue to do so is failing, when it isn’t.

Since few months there are constant concstructive complaints about many things. Like conditions, and they are still not fixed.

Why would we keep spamming same topics and arguments when the issue is simply ignored. Meanwhile with such problems we have spvp tournament. Still trying to force this game into esport category?

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

That’s an absurd statement. Feedback and moaning are defined by the reader. What’s complaining uselessly to you can be legitimate feedback to another, negative or positive.

Let ANet decide what they call feedback and whining. You don’t work for them. You don’t represent them. Who are you to tell anyone on this forum as to how they can express themselves? |:

I ? Karkas.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

That’s an absurd statement. Feedback and moaning are defined by the reader. What’s complaining uselessly to you can be legitimate feedback to another, negative or positive.

Let ANet decide what they call feedback and whining. You don’t work for them. You don’t represent them. Who are you to tell anyone on this forum as to how they can express themselves? |:

I agree, but I also think I know what the OP is talking about. People that post things like “The game wont last much longer”, “ANet is struggling”, “GW2 is dying because of RNG” etc., etc., etc. Are just as bad and are annoying as they can be. Those are not opinions, they are statements about the game and the company that provides the game.

Just as you said to the OP, those people don’t work for the company or represent them. Making such statements are also absurd and stupid. I don’t read them any longer, but just seeing them annoys the kitten out of me.

Please stop moaning.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I agree, but I also think I know what the OP is talking about. People that post things like “The game wont last much longer”, “ANet is struggling”, “GW2 is dying because of RNG” etc., etc., etc. Are just as bad and are annoying as they can be. Those are not opinions, they are statements about the game and the company that provides the game.

Just as you said to the OP, those people don’t work for the company or represent them. Making such statements are also absurd and stupid. I don’t read them any longer, but just seeing them annoys the kitten out of me.

ArenaNet can deal with them as they will. Factor in also, some of thee threads do have reasonably helpful suggestions in them. If you’re going to ban a thread by title.. Well, GG I guess..

I ? Karkas.

Please stop moaning.

Nybor.9687

It’s called logic. For example, how would you feel if you worked on something for years and then people starting saying ‘its failing’ or ‘arena net ignore us’ or ‘its going downhill’. When it’s obvious there doing there best they can for us. They only have so many priorities and they can’t please everyone. If someone has constructive feedback about something in PARTICULAR then it’s different. But it’s nice to try and keep a positive vibe in the community. It’s a game at the end of the day. Im not trying to ‘represent’ ArenaNet. People who moan about the game as a whole aren’t looking at the bigger picture. Yes there’s things wrong with the game and things need looking at. But all in all it isn’t a game that’s going downhill as people are making it out to be.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

Nybor, you’re unlikely to get through to the negative masses. I come here when I’m away on work trips and can tell you that the many that constantly complain are few of the same players and most of it don’t constitute towards constructive feedback. It’s just constant expression of hate and disdain for no apparent reason.

I’ve learned to simply not pay attention to any of them. There are only few posters that I respect in the forums and I only read their posts (which are for the most part constructive critiscm with a reasonable amount of tact and courtesy)

Please stop moaning.

Paulytnz.7619

It’s called logic. For example, how would you feel if you worked on something for years and then people starting saying ‘its failing’ or ‘arena net ignore us’ or ‘its going downhill’. When it’s obvious there doing there best they can for us. They only have so many priorities and they can’t please everyone. If someone has constructive feedback about something in PARTICULAR then it’s different. But it’s nice to try and keep a positive vibe in the community. It’s a game at the end of the day. Im not trying to ‘represent’ ArenaNet. People who moan about the game as a whole aren’t looking at the bigger picture. Yes there’s things wrong with the game and things need looking at. But all in all it isn’t a game that’s going downhill as people are making it out to be.

Agreed. For something to be “going down hill” it needs to be worse than when it first came out or have parts taken away from it so that it is worse than when it first came out.

Seriously what has been taken away from this game? Besides MF (on gear) and the ability to farm without DR kicking in I can think of nothing. What has been added that takes away how great this game was at the beginning? I can think of nothing.

People could say ascended gear etc, but that is NOT needed for anything, it is nothing more than an ADDED thing you can do if you WANT to. Time gating is the other thing I see thrown around here and there. Well if you don’t want grinding the only other option is a little time gating here and there. It is NOT grinding it is a way to keep you working at something over a period of time without having to throw in a LOT of work that grinding would normally have you do.

Without grinding or time gating all you have is RNG or instant acquirement of something. Perhaps going forward Anet needs to simply expand on these methods and options of acquiring things or share them around between them?

Please stop moaning.

Nybor.9687

Agreed. For something to be “going down hill” it needs to be worse than when it first came out or have parts taken away from it so that it is worse than when it first came out.

Seriously what has been taken away from this game? Besides MF (on gear) and the ability to farm without DR kicking in I can think of nothing. What has been added that takes away how great this game was at the beginning? I can think of nothing.

People could say ascended gear etc, but that is NOT needed for anything, it is nothing more than an ADDED thing you can do if you WANT to. Time gating is the other thing I see thrown around here and there. Well if you don’t want grinding the only other option is a little time gating here and there. It is NOT grinding it is a way to keep you working at something over a period of time without having to throw in a LOT of work that grinding would normally have you do.

Without grinding or time gating all you have is RNG or instant acquirement of something. Perhaps going forward Anet needs to simply expand on these methods and options of acquiring things or share them around between them?

Exactly. I’m glad someone understands where I’m coming from. And they just so happen to be a fellow Engineer!

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

ArenaNet can deal with them as they will. Factor in also, some of thee threads do have reasonably helpful suggestions in them. If you’re going to ban a thread by title.. Well, GG I guess..

I never said anything about banning by title, I was just commenting that the titles and the reasons behind them are stupid.

I have yet to see one of such titled threads that generate one truly good suggestion. They are just filled with wild accusations and people who love to get caught up in the griping and complaining.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

My exact thoughts… brain almost esploded.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Please stop moaning.

Paulytnz.7619

Exactly. I’m glad someone understands where I’m coming from. And they just so happen to be a fellow Engineer!

Lmao, I have every class and race but yes Engi is my main. I played the second beta weekend as an Engi and once I got my hands on the Flamethrower I knew there was NO other option for me as a main. :P

Please stop moaning.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Perhaps I was too harsh on the OP e____e;

I ? Karkas.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Coffee.7058

Coffee.7058

Problem with gamers today they live in games and get bored fast. If I played 8+ hours a day when I was a child my mom and/or dad would of locked me outside or beat me lol. If you spend more than 3 hours a day gaming you have a HIGH chance of suffering from http://www.medicinenet.com/blood_clots/article.htm

So, remember to get up and do something else once in a while because someday you might not get that chance.

<3 to all!

Team Peenk

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

BS, you’re not gonna get a blood clot for sitting a few hours or more unless you’re already unhealthy. If that was true I would have died years ago.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

There’s tonnes of other fun stuff. Try getting some cool titles, or try completely all jumping puzzles or getting a new armour set for a new build or doing world explorer or making a new alt or playing limitless games of pvp or making your own guild, do bounties etc or maxing out all the crafts or getting full ascended or playing the living world content or doing one of the Activities such as Southsun Survival or getting Dungeon Master Or collecting all the dyes. And the list goes on.

But I’ve done all that. So have a lot of others. The Random Story isn’t a story and has nothing to do with Tyria, and the Living World is a concept that hasn’t been implemented yet. And WvW is hit and miss with random match ups that usually end in blow outs and being blobbed to death.

You say get ascended for a character, but that’s half the problem. It is so time gatedly boring, the complaints about it are valid.

Alts have been killed off, through WvW ranks and Ascended ‘time-gated’ gear. The complaints about this are also valid. It is implemented to try suck a longer playing time out of people. But when you sit back and look at it, it is disheartening to be forced to do EVERYTHING so slowly, hence the complaints.

Joining WvW with anything but your ‘main’ is nerfing yourself.

Instead of opening up the map, or giving some real Tyria related story, it is just fluff content after fluff content. Don’t get me wrong, it is ok to some degree, but it is not ok to do this much of it when there is so many better options to work with.

Also a lot of the ‘content’ is just making you revisit old areas like JP’s, there is a reason people only do them a few times each, for most people it is only fun and interesting when you don’t know how to do it, once you’ve done it a few times, there’s no adventure left. So what do they do? Put ascended mats in it so people will go back there! The complaints about recycling content is also valid.

I have no real problem with how the game was packaged/released, it is what they are implementing and how they are implementing it, that I find disheartening, which draws complaints.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Endrosz.3609

Endrosz.3609

Players like to complain, always, get used to it.

The journey is the destination.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

The hell do you know? Didn’t you stop playing this terrible game like 5 months ago?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Please stop moaning.

Paulytnz.7619

BS, you’re not gonna get a blood clot for sitting a few hours or more unless you’re already unhealthy. If that was true I would have died years ago.

I wouldn’t disregard this information. I do have a blood clot myself on my right side just under my shoulder blade and I do spend a fair amount of time on gaming and have done for many years.

Thank you for the information whoever posted this.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I agree, it’s gotten a lot worse lately. And it’s not even the slightest bit constructive. Rather than saying what they don’t like about something, they just say the entire thing is terrible and “should be removed” (or some other terrible suggestion that isn’t useful to the devs).

Blackgate

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

There does seem to be some more people complaining lately. However, at least it’s not the diablo forums. There’s doom and gloom (while fan rage goes boom) whenever I take a look at them (be it official or unofficial).

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

no, ughhhhhh uhhhh

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Stop posting positive feedback.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Complaining about complaining?

I just see it all as a healthy part of the game when players give constructive criticism. Just saying this or that sucks doesn’t help anyone though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Are you moaning about moaning?

Came for this, was not disappointed.

Btw crying on the forums is a game feature.
The “general discussion” board of every gaming forum on the internet is Moaning Headquarters.

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

you are either a shill or just got the game and are still in the honeymoon phase

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Please stop moaning.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I don’t know about you but I think half the players who whine on these forums don’t even play at an honest level of seriousness , or even play at all.