Plz let us to get ascended without crafting.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Please allow us other avenues of aquiring ascended armor and weapons without crafting. The same way we can aquire trinkets through laurels.

RNG drops are not sufficient.

Some of us do not enjoy crafting at all. We don’t want a second job, we just want to log on and kill stuff and have fun. Do we not deserve BiS gear?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

You do know that ascended gear only gives 5% better stats, you can get the same effect with food that cost a few copper per 30 minutes

Ascended is a money drain designed to hold a carrot for your nose so you all fall in the trap to drain your money and resources. It is not really BiS gear and anyone who demands you to wear ascended gear outside fractals is an idiot and isnt worth playing with.

If you want to play (high level) fractals then it is good to get ascended gear, but most off the resources will be available to you then anyways.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I’m sorry but Crafting is just Dirt cheap in this game, and compared to other mmos its the most user friendly and casual experience ever with nothing ever going to waste. I’ve tried and hated crafting in any other game but GW2 actually makes it worth while to spend the 5 mins a day to look up discoveries to make something that was stored and organized for you.

You don’t Need the Asended gear it really makes no difference. 4.91% stats 5% if celestrial.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Please allow us other avenues of aquiring ascended armor and weapons without crafting. The same way we can aquire trinkets through laurels.

Some of us do not enjoy crafting at all. We don’t want a second job, we just want to log on and kill stuff and have fun. Do we not deserve BiS gear?

what if you had to buy the ascended parts from a player, but could combine the final recipe (with more materials) via an npc, say after a dynamic event chain oe in a dungeon.

For example:
buy from tp
elonian shoulder guard padding
elonian shoulder guard panel
ascended insignia
1 bolt of damask
1 elonian leather square

earn:
300 bloodstone dust
200 dragonite
200 empyreal
20 skill points

trade to npc for ascended shoulder piece.

crafters can do it themselves for less materials, but they have that initial cost of getting to 500.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It was suggested in a recent CDI topic that there be other ways to obtain ascended armor and weapon chests via different currencies like karma, laurels, WvW badges, fractal relics etc, but as to if or when something would actually be done about it, well, we all know how past proposed updates have been pushed and pushed out even further, so I’d say give it a year before anything’s done about it >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

hellsmachine.4085

You do know that ascended gear only gives 5% better stats, you can get the same effect with food that cost a few copper per 30 minutes

Ascended is a money drain designed to hold a carrot for your nose so you all fall in the trap to drain your money and resources. It is not really BiS gear and anyone who demands you to wear ascended gear outside fractals is an idiot and isnt worth playing with.

If you want to play (high level) fractals then it is good to get ascended gear, but most off the resources will be available to you then anyways.

It’s higher than that. About 1% per piece of Ascended x 6 trinkets x 6 pieces of armor x 1 weapon = 13%

hellsmachine.4085

I’m sorry but Crafting is just Dirt cheap in this game, and compared to other mmos its the most user friendly and casual experience ever with nothing ever going to waste. I’ve tried and hated crafting in any other game but GW2 actually makes it worth while to spend the 5 mins a day to look up discoveries to make something that was stored and organized for you.

You don’t Need the Asended gear it really makes no difference. 4.91% stats 5% if celestrial.

That’s irrelevant because I DON"T WANT TO CRAFT PERIOD!

I don’t want to spend my whole time clicking a “craft” button. I want to kill stuff!

hellsmachine.4085

It was suggested in a recent CDI topic that there be other ways to obtain ascended armor and weapon chests via different currencies like karma, laurels, WvW badges, fractal relics etc, but as to if or when something would actually be done about it, well, we all know how past proposed updates have been pushed and pushed out even further, so I’d say give it a year before anything’s done about it >_<

That’s good news. Thanks. Makes me want to hang around. Though they should just stick to Laurels, Badges of Honour and Ectos as I don’t want to be forced into PVE to get Ascended.

After all this is “Guild Wars” not “Sewing Machine Tycoon”

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

Do we not deserve BiS gear?

No, you do not. Your capacity to work for it is as much as anyone else’s, that’s all anyone “deserves”.

Nothing is stopping you from simply farming gold and BUYING all of the materials, at which point you press “craft” for 6 forms of Vision Crystal, and 1 more time each for 6 pieces of armor.

You want to kill things? HAM out. You are too stubborn to craft 12 things? You really don’t deserve anything.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

(edited by Young Somalia.1706)

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

No, you do not. Your capacity to work for it is as much as anyone else’s, that’s all anyone “deserves”.

Nothing is stopping you from simply farming gold and BUYING all of the materials, at which point you press “craft” for 6 forms of Vision Crystal, and 1 more time each for 6 pieces of armor.

You want to kill things? HAM out. You are too stubborn to craft 12 things? You really don’t deserve anything.

And with that attitude it sounds more like I should be getting paid for playing this…

And too stubborn to craft 12 things? naw… too stubborn to craft 6 things, craft 12 more because I like a different color and then “ham out” currently about 32 gold more on top of it all for transmutation crystals because the first 6 were kinda ugly and the second 6 had to be 12 since weapon dye channels were put on permanent “we’re working on it” since betas…. oh yea, and i need to do this for 3 or 4 characters to make decent use of my new account bound fractal level.

Sorry, I’m not making an account full of legendaries, so shouldn’t be spending this kind of effort, gold and time on this mess just because I happen to enjoy more than 1 style of play in your super exclusive club.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

what if you had to buy the ascended parts from a player, but could combine the final recipe (with more materials) via an npc, say after a dynamic event chain oe in a dungeon.

For example:
buy from tp
elonian shoulder guard padding
elonian shoulder guard panel
ascended insignia
1 bolt of damask
1 elonian leather square

earn:
300 bloodstone dust
200 dragonite
200 empyreal
20 skill points

trade to npc for ascended shoulder piece.

crafters can do it themselves for less materials, but they have that initial cost of getting to 500.

Except it takes 200 of dragonite, bloodstone and emp frags + 20 skill points FOR 1 PIECE that is not the chest piece.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

And with that attitude it sounds more like I should be getting paid for playing this…

And too stubborn to craft 12 things? naw… too stubborn to craft 6 things, craft 12 more because I like a different color and then “ham out” currently about 32 gold more on top of it all for transmutation crystals because the first 6 were kinda ugly and the second 6 had to be 12 since weapon dye channels were put on permanent “we’re working on it” since betas…. oh yea, and i need to do this for 3 or 4 characters to make decent use of my new account bound fractal level.

Sorry, I’m not making an account full of legendaries, so shouldn’t be spending this kind of effort, gold and time on this mess just because I happen to enjoy more than 1 style of play in your super exclusive club.

So it’s too much work to do it for all of your characters, but you still want it for all of your characters? You have two choices, and it’s really not hard.

The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be done. Or the sooner you give up.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

I don’t want to spend my whole time clicking a “craft” button. I want to kill stuff!

I don’t like exploring, but I have to if I want to be able to get my legendary.

I don’t like dungeons, but I have to run one a bunch of times if I want its armor skin.

Like the above, that you don’t want to craft is irrelevant. The game caters to multiple playstyles, and each has its own rewards. If you want them, do them; if you won’t, then tough luck.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

eek. I can level a craft to 500 in 30 minutes. (and I actually timed it, 1-400 take me 20 minutes) I’m not sure what whole time mean.

A full set of ascended armor cost 189,000 karma, 500 gold, 120 skill point, 50 temple, 75 dungeon, and all you complain is the 30 minutes it take to craft it? You must really like killing things. Or you really hate crafting.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

I never really counted how much it cost to level up to 500 then mats to make, I just save mats, Salvaged and crafted as I was playing the game either k-traing in wvw or pve boss trained in the world.

I myself really like killing things then pressing the desposit collectables after salvaging in the middle of a battle, i just like to micro manage. on the go.

(edited by Harvest.2506)

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

to lazy to read all the post i this topic, but they do actualy give u a way to get acc armor/weapons without crafting.

U can get weapon and armor chests from wvw rank chests and from guild mission chests.
Now, if u do not want to wait till u get lucky (i don’t, my luck is -9000) then u should craft, if u got the time and patience then by all means, wait for that lucky drop.

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

hellsmachine.4085

to lazy to read all the post i this topic, but they do actualy give u a way to get acc armor/weapons without crafting.

U can get weapon and armor chests from wvw rank chests and from guild mission chests.
Now, if u do not want to wait till u get lucky (i don’t, my luck is -9000) then u should craft, if u got the time and patience then by all means, wait for that lucky drop.

You were too lazy to read a small paragraph, yet you somehow had the motivation to write a paragraph yourself…

0/10 for trolling, didn’t even believe you for a second. Next.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I would be willing to concede to buying ascended gear with laurels as long as the overall price was comparable. Currently it is about 100g per piece of ascended armor. Add in the cost of crafting to 500 (another 400g spread over the 6 pieces) and that is 160g per piece.

Currently each laurel is valued around 80s, so as long as the ascended armor costs 200 laurels per piece then that is fine.

hellsmachine.4085

eek. I can level a craft to 500 in 30 minutes. (and I actually timed it, 1-400 take me 20 minutes) I’m not sure what whole time mean.

A full set of ascended armor cost 189,000 karma, 500 gold, 120 skill point, 50 temple, 75 dungeon, and all you complain is the 30 minutes it take to craft it? You must really like killing things. Or you really hate crafting.

Yes I really hate crafting. Just the thought of going through all that nonsense gives me a head ache. That’s why I don’t play games like Farmville or any other crap game with no action.

I think we should be able to buy Ascended armor and weapons with laurels, the same way we can buy jewelry already. I should not be forced to do PvE to get the best gear in WvW.

It’s very discouraging knowing that I have very little chance of getting best gear in WvW unless I do boring PVE tasks all day. I won’t be sticking around for long if this doesn’t change. As a customer that buys gems for trans crystals, this is not good for business.

hellsmachine.4085

I would be willing to concede to buying ascended gear with laurels as long as the overall price was comparable. Currently it is about 100g per piece of ascended armor. Add in the cost of crafting to 500 (another 400g spread over the 6 pieces) and that is 160g per piece.

Currently each laurel is valued around 80s, so as long as the ascended armor costs 200 laurels per piece then that is fine.

I’d be fine with that too.

laokoko.7403

You only get 40 laurel a month right? If it is 200 laurels per peice, it’ll take 5 month for a single piece.

Do people even make “any” gold in WvW? at that rate, you might earn enough money.

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

While I don’t specifically also put myself in the “want to kill stuff” bracket, this is pretty much my thought as well. I don’t care how easy crafting is in GW2 or how little difference Ascended makes to your stats, I just want the option of being able to get it (if I choose to) without being forced into what I feel is the least enjoyable part of any MMO. There are so many paths through which you can play GW2, and so many currencies already in game (including some that are inherently just as time gated as the top tier crafting is), and yet you’re forced to craft if you want to get Ascended.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

There is nothing more heroic than crafting a weapon or armor made of farmed resources digged from the ground.

Yeah, digging in the dirt is what you have to do to get the greatest shinies in GW2, for weeks.

This reminds me of Monty Python every single time, “The Holy Grail” to be specific. For one we have the scene where the one guy is digging in the dirt for whatever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI

Additinally we have the song of the “Brave Sir Robin”. Sorry mobs, I’m just here for the ore, bye!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFefppqEtE

And mounts of course, or better no mounts! ^^

(edited by Kaiyanwan.8521)

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Then don’t get the armor simple as that…if you can’t take less than an hour to do the crafting profession then you don’t deserve it in the first place. It cracks me up you’d be willing to waste 200 laurels on one piece but you won’t take less than an hour todo a crafting profession. No one LIKES crafting, but unless you like awful RNG then it’s your only realistic option as there’s no way they’d make it buyable thru laurels seeing how expensive it is to craft.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I agree this is silly nonsense, the moment I logged on a complete ascended set with the ability to choose w/e stats I wanted should of been awarded to my inventory. I mean I only play the game in my spare hours….

What would I normally be doing is ascended gear wasn’t around? Spend hours champ farming , temples, world bosses , some complaints on how hard legendaries are to achieve and maybe some threads how there’s nothing to do after you hit 80 and got all your exotics from dungeons.

#irony

Why does running 5 miles while listening to music seem shorter then running 5 miles counting how far you are from that end mark? Stop worrying how far the goal is and enjoy your time now

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

laokoko.7403

While I don’t specifically also put myself in the “want to kill stuff” bracket, this is pretty much my thought as well. I don’t care how easy crafting is in GW2 or how little difference Ascended makes to your stats, I just want the option of being able to get it (if I choose to) without being forced into what I feel is the least enjoyable part of any MMO. There are so many paths through which you can play GW2, and so many currencies already in game (including some that are inherently just as time gated as the top tier crafting is), and yet you’re forced to craft if you want to get Ascended.

This is the thing. It’ll take me like 70 hours to get a full set of ascended armor. The crafting part take 30 minutes. Most of those time are farming money. I don’t know how many people enjoy farming money.

If I would to play “normally”, it’ll probably take me 200 hours. And I still have to spend some time doing things I don’t want to do called temple.

So really, instead of calling it “crafting is the only way to make ascended gear”, it really should be called “farming money is the only way to make ascended gear”. People can easily get enough ascended material from WvW right? Money is the only tough part.

If you can make money from WvW, you’ll be able to get ascended gear. I don’t WvW so I don’t know if people even make money in WvW.

It’s pretty easy to fix the “I dont’ like crafting”. Just make ascended material sellable. Every ascended material require 4 piece. 1 inscription 2 item part and vision crystal. Make the inscription and item part sellable, those are pretty much just money anyway. People would still need to farm their own vision crystal. But put 4 of those piece in mystic forge would give you an ascended gear.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

hellsmachine.4085

You only get 40 laurel a month right? If it is 200 laurels per peice, it’ll take 5 month for a single piece.

Do people even make “any” gold in WvW? at that rate, you might earn enough money.

It doesn’t have to be 200 laurels, it could be something along the lines of 40 laurels, 50 ectos, 250 badges. Kind of like trinkets.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Totally agree.

I hate playing GuildCraft2 sometimes. I get zero enjoyment from crafting in Guildcraft2.

I miss the old days of grinding dungeons for drops. I collected every single trinket in Rifts hard mode dungeons.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Remember the good ol’ days of SWG, when crafting was optional. People would herald your name across the galaxies as person stature and quality for providing good arms or cheap meds.

In this game, no one gives a kitten what crafting profession you are, because it doesn’t kittening matter to them. Crafting is a part of character progression, nothing more.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

No, you do not…You really don’t deserve anything.

You are mistaken. People purchased a game which was advertised as providing BiS gear by level 80, without grind. People DO deserve to get what they paid for.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I should not be forced to do PvE to get the best gear in WvW.
It’s very discouraging knowing that I have very little chance of getting best gear in WvW unless I do boring PVE tasks all day.

You dont have to leave wvw to get the best gear, as all drops for it can be obtained inside wvw.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It doesn’t have to be 200 laurels, it could be something along the lines of 40 laurels, 50 ectos, 250 badges. Kind of like trinkets.

So first you say, you are fine with 200 Laurels per piece and then you want them for 40 laurels?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The true value of laurels vis a vis Ascended will not be known until Ascended trinket crafting is put in, at which point I suspect the value will be somewhat higher than your current estimate.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I hate crafting,but i have ascended weapon and ascended armor set.If you want ascended you have to craft,simple as that.(or wait forever for a lucky drop).
Crafting is so easy in this game…i really don’t understand some ppl.
“I hate crafting but i want ascended”….You know what you really want,youw ant to get ascended fast and easy…that’s not gonna happen.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

laokoko.7403

So first you say, you are fine with 200 Laurels per piece and then you want them for 40 laurels?

I think basically he wants it easy, because he he already have a bunch of those saved up.

everyone just want a system that works for them.

laurel=gold, ecto=gold, badges = gold.

You already have everything set up to get your ascended gear. Now just take 30 minutes to level it up. Instead of spending 30 minutes complaining.

I honestly don’t mind more ways to get ascended gear. The only thing I concern I have is really “how much” is a fair price. For example is 200 laurel a fair price or is 40 laurel a fair price. Or how much dungeon token is required etc.

Honestly, I just see Anet use crafting because it’s a way to control the material price. Now for example I say 100 laurel(or some mix of laurel+other item) is a fair price for ascended armor. But that is only because of the current silk price. If silk price drop 100 laurel wont’ be a fair price.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

hellsmachine.4085

No, I’m fine with them being equivalent time/price wise to crafting.

hellsmachine.4085

I hate crafting,but i have ascended weapon and ascended armor set.If you want ascended you have to craft,simple as that.(or wait forever for a lucky drop).
Crafting is so easy in this game…i really don’t understand some ppl.
“I hate crafting but i want ascended”….You know what you really want,youw ant to get ascended fast and easy…that’s not gonna happen.

I guess I’ll have to give it a try, but when I I have a look at all the mats in the GW2 Wiki, I’m like “F*** that I have better things to do” It’s just really daunting and overwhelming.

To achieve that it seems like I’m probably going to have to give up my job/social life.

Maybe I’m just being melodramatic…

I really wish that gear was obtainable through what I love doing best, like in other MMORPGs, by killing other players.

Any advice in getting started?

hellsmachine.4085

I think basically he wants it easy, because he he already have a bunch of those saved up.

everyone just want a system that works for them.

laurel=gold, ecto=gold, badges = gold.

You already have everything set up to get your ascended gear. Now just take 30 minutes to level it up. Instead of spending 30 minutes complaining.

I honestly don’t mind more ways to get ascended gear. The only thing I concern I have is really “how much” is a fair price. For example is 200 laurel a fair price or is 40 laurel a fair price. Or how much dungeon token is required etc.

Honestly, I just see Anet use crafting because it’s a way to control the material price. Now for example I say 100 laurel(or some mix of laurel+other item) is a fair price for ascended armor. But that is only because of the current silk price. If silk price drop 100 laurel wont’ be a fair price.

No I’m just asking for a similar system to gearing up PVP wise, like in other MMORPGS. I enjoy fighting and killing other players, I don’t enjoy clicking a “craft” button.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I just read a “I’m too lazy to craft, so gimme the ascended right when I got the materials” …

It’s like “I don’t want to farm so long for a legendary, just give me one after 1000 hours playtime” …

T____T

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

hellsmachine.4085

If you consider fighting in WvW and helping my server win, “work”. Then yes I am willing to “work” for it. I am not willing to hit a craft button, while I farm mats all day.

I think us WvWers deserve an option to obtaining Ascended apart from crafting for fighting the war, whilst you, PVErs can enjoy perks for our effort.

hellsmachine.4085

I just read a “I’m too lazy to craft, so gimme the ascended right when I got the materials” …

It’s like “I don’t want to farm so long for a legendary, just give me one after 1000 hours playtime” …

T____T

And I read your statement as “I’m too lazy to read the entire thread, so I’ll make a comment that is completely irrelevant and untrue. Because that’s how I troll”

laokoko.7403

If you consider fighting in WvW and helping my server win, “work”. Then yes I am willing to “work” for it. I am not willing to hit a craft button, while I farm mats all day.

I think us WvWers deserve an option to obtaining Ascended apart from crafting for fighting the war, whilst you, PVErs can enjoy perks for our effort.

I just crafted an ascended staff today. Let me check how many button I pressed. I pressed 5 I think. So much work.

hellsmachine.4085

I just crafted an ascended staff today. Let me check how many button I pressed. I pressed 5 I think. So much work.

Completely irrelevant, but ok, thanks for sharing that…

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Someone explain to me what is so heroic about crafting that it is arguably the only reasonable way to get the best items.

If you needed drops from the most challenging events maybe, but the way it is is just lame, grindy and uninspired. And not a task for a hero but a peon.

hellsmachine.4085

Someone explain to me what is so heroic about crafting that it is arguably the only reasonable way to get the best items.

If you needed drops from the most challenging events maybe, but the way it is is just lame, grindy and uninspired. And not a task for a hero but a peon.

^This.
+1

I think basically they all feel as though just because they have endured through and earned it from repetitive, boring, menial tasks and that no one else can earn Ascended through tasks they enjoy.

Understandable, although GW2 was supposed to be about having fun.

laokoko.7403

^This.
+1

I think basically they all feel as though just because they have endured through and earned it from repetitive, boring, menial tasks and that no one else can earn Ascended through tasks they enjoy.

Ya, I can’t believe I endured 30 minutes of clicking a few button to level crafting. Not to mention I have to click 5 more button after I reached 500 crafting.

This is sure boring repetitive work.

hellsmachine.4085

^This.
+1

Ya, I can’t believe I endured 30 minutes of clicking a few button to level crafting. Not to mention I have to click 5 more button after I reached 500 crafting.

Troll is obvious. 0/10

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor

You acquired all that in 30 mins? Cool story bro…

laokoko.7403

^This.
+1

Troll is obvious. 0/10

How is that a troll. Crafting takes 30 minutes. You are just bsing because you haven’t wvw enough to get enough material. So you just want the easy way out.

Really how many people have ascended gear. Just because people craft don’t mean they can afford ascended gear.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I do not have 500 gold after playing it more than a year. And I have 8 chars so that would cost me a bit more. A bit insane that it would take over 4k gold to gear your toons.

hellsmachine.4085

^This.
+1

Troll is obvious. 0/10

How is that a troll. Crafting takes 30 minutes. You are just bsing because you haven’t wvw enough to get enough material. So you just want the easy way out.

Really how many people have ascended gear. Just because people craft don’t mean they can afford ascended gear.

The fastest guide I found on crafting 0-500 takes an hour assuming you have all the mats (or gold to purchase the mats)

http://pwniversity.com/guide/gw2-weaponsmith-leveling-guide/

Therefore, you have lost all credibility.

So everything else that you say from now is invalid. Good bye!