Plz make zaltian story dungeon soloable.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Impossible to do this now as no one wants to do it.
It would be better to start as we we mean to go on and able to solo it like the other story modes.

I have many chars that needs to complete it,but i have better things to do with my time than stand around for hours trying to find ppl only to join then leave 5 mins later because they cannot wait for more ppl.
It would not hurt the game if we could solo it tbh,it’s stupid to do all that work only to but stuck on the last hurtle.
it feels like i’v been punished because i done most of the story mode only to be stuck on the last story.

For groups we have the dungeons where you get different paths,difficulty much harder also armour tokens and other rewards.
Also players only want to do that part anyway.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I do agree it’s kind of annoying and is a massive oversight on Anets part.
The entire personal storyline is soloable – the final mission should be too.

I understand that they want people to group up – but very few people are interested in doing story missions – especially Arah. They aren’t something people re-do because there is no reward for doing so and it’s pretty difficult to get a group of 5 people together at the same time who all need the same story dungeon.

The big suggestion I can make – find a big guild and see if there is anyone who hasn’t done it yet or is willing to help – it’s really your best shot.

Good luck!

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

The final step of the personal story needs a rework.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Impossible to do this now as no one wants to do it.
It would be better to start as we we mean to go on and able to solo it like the other story modes.

I have many chars that needs to complete it,but i have better things to do with my time than stand around for hours trying to find ppl only to join then leave 5 mins later because they cannot wait for more ppl.
It would not hurt the game if we could solo it tbh,it’s stupid to do all that work only to but stuck on the last hurtle.
it feels like i’v been punished because i done most of the story mode only to be stuck on the last story.

For groups we have the dungeons where you get different paths,difficulty much harder also armour tokens and other rewards.
Also players only want to do that part anyway.

Join a guild who will help- there are a few., PuG on map.

I still know many players who want/need to do it. But most are unwilling to ask people to joint them.
Go into players helping players here, state if you’re NA/EU and ask for a group. (If LFG in game hasn’t been any help to you.)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Even back when it was the first time I got that far with my story, where you could still find people for it, it still put me off. Why did I suddenly need 4 other people, when all the rest of the PS is done alone it really bothered me.
Now although I have completed everything up untill that point on all my alts, I have not completed that and don’t see it happening.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

On days when dungeon story completion is part of the daily, it’s really easy to get story groups together. So easy, in fact, that I venture to guess that people intentionally wait until that daily resurfaces before finishing off any remaining story modes they may need for their alts.

Even beyond that, Arah story still form every day, and numerous times. In a 4 hour window I’ll see at least 6 postings for it, and that’s just when I’m looking at the Arah tab.

Groups do form, you just aren’t trying. People that refuse the work should not be catered to.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

He’s right. It’s far too long and completely unrewarding. I can’t think of someone who’d willingly go back in there once their personal story is done.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People are already complaining about how anti-climatic it is that 5 players “easily” can take down an Elder Dragon.

How much more of that wouldn’t we get if we could suddenly do it on our own?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

People are already complaining about how anti-climatic it is that 5 players “easily” can take down an Elder Dragon.

I personally don’t care- I would just like to do it.

So OP you have my vote- Actually I have been begging to make all the story dungeons solo-able, or at the very least-scale able from 1-5 players

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It’s the only thing I have left to do to finish. I couldn’t gather a group, but went into the instance to see and get a feel for it.
I can only agree with the OP and others ( I believe there are other threads) who have complained about it and suggested the last instance be a solo instance from day 1. The sad part—it has fallen on deaf ears and been ignored.

As for Lordkrall, the personal story was solo with NPC help for all the other parts of the story. Kinda like going for your driving test and acing the whole thing except when it comes to parking at the end, then instructor makes you put on a blindfold.
Just stupid, right?
Ditto for the last instance of the personal story.
almost forgot +1 to the OP

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

+1
Haven’t completed the story once till now on any of my 11 80s, and maybe never will since is simply dislike instanded dungeons. Also that made me ignore personal storys more and more on my alts, and my last character has already stopped it at lvl 16 or whatever.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I remember in another game the final story quest was also in a dungeon. While it sounded like a great idea at first, in the end it had the exact same issues as Arah story mode in GW2, so the devs in that game created 2 versions of the same dungeon. One was relatively easy, even soloable, and the other was a LOT harder, hardest in the game.
This allowed the devs to offer appropriate content to two different types of players:
A) Those who want to finish the story can do so without much trouble. Even if the final boss looks very easy (they can keep the current Zhaitan fight there)
B) Make the hard mode final boss challenging enough so when you kill it you can say “Yes that WAS hard and exciting”.

The final boss of a big mmo, at the end of a long storyline, shouldn’t be easier than the first little boss you fought when you were level 1. By spliting the dungeon in 2 versions, BOTH with Zhaitan as the last boss you can have the best of both worlds.

Posted by: Jeff Nyman.6314

Jeff Nyman.6314

This is actually the one reason that I don’t play this game any further and have pretty much given up on it. I check back in regularly just in case this has changed.

I realize that this may seem like a silly reason for me to not play a game I paid for. But I’ve heard numerous people who do play the game regularly tell me that it can be hard to find people who want to do this again and the last thing I want to do is waste a bunch of time leveling a character just to find it takes me a long time to do the last quest because I have to group. (I have limited game time as it, with kids and a job, so anything I perceive may block that — even if down the road — tends to put me off.)

I’m not sure why the developers (or a representative) won’t at least comment on this in a substantive way. If it’s never going to happen, I suppose they can just say that so the topic stops coming up. (On the other hand, I suppose their silence may, in fact, be indication of that.)

Anyway, the suggestion of the OP has my support as well as that of others.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am rather sure they DID comment on it, when this was brought up soon after release.
And they basically said something along the lines that they wanted it to feel more epic, and thus made it require a group instead of going in solo.

I’ll see if I can find the post again, but I seem to recall that it was something like that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jeff Nyman.6314

I am rather sure they DID comment on it, when this was brought up soon after release.
And they basically said something along the lines that they wanted it to feel more epic, and thus made it require a group instead of going in solo.

I’ll see if I can find the post again, but I seem to recall that it was something like that.

Certainly I’m willing to stand corrected; I’ll be honest, I didn’t do a great deal of searching. I just feel that in the posts I’ve seen on this topic, there has rarely, if ever, been any sort of substantive feedback where the developers engaged the community on this topic, as opposed to just making a pronouncement.

With that being said, this issue comes up quite a bit on these forums. So if this is a case where (a) the developers are never going to change something that is being asked for by at least a segment of the community and (b) the issue does in fact keep coming up in topics, maybe a sticky post might be warranted that gives the developer viewpoint and why this final dungeon will not be soloable. At least then the community has a canonical reference they can point to.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

And yet the overwhelming feeling is.. it is NOT epic. Since that is the case, why not a soloable version?

Simply requiring 5 people to faceroll does NOT make “epic”, regardless of their intent.

I think the fact of the matter is the blunt force application of “This is how we want you to play” and it permeates all facets of the game.. they were pretty blunt about it when explaining the new boss fights.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

And yet there are solo fights that feel way more epic than the battle with Zhaitan, even fighting 1vs1 the veteran Aetherblades in Eotm can be challenging! Those feel like a final boss a lot more than Zhaitan

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

He’s right. It’s far too long and completely unrewarding. I can’t think of someone who’d willingly go back in there once their personal story is done.

I’ve done it 7 times so far for alts and friends. And I’m going to be doing it again on my ele when I don’t have irl things to attend to (ripping up carpet suuuuuucks)

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve done it a handful of times, usually to just get it done for my alts and/or to help out guildies. But I have to agree with the OP. When I first started this game, the fact that I had to do a dungeon to complete my PERSONAL story really bugged me. I didn’t get Arah story done until about two months after I finished the rest of my story on my main just because I didn’t like the notion of being forced to do group content for it. Obviously, I eventually got it done, just because I was tired of seeing the text on the right side of the screen forever.

I would really love to see a solo option for it, or a really easy version of the dungeon that COULD be soloable.

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

Agree with you 100% good posting .

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Total agreement. This should never have been a 5 man mission.

And let’s stop to ask: “Who are these four other people?” Why, they’re Trahearne’s right hand man, of course!

. . .

That’s right, Trahearne’s apparently been cheating on you. He’s a dirty, rotten marrrubium vulgare.

Let’s be honest, though. They’re not going to change it. They made a big, game spanning storyline for solo players, and at the very end hid the conclusion behind … group content. It’s the same trick they pulled by putting 5% of map completion in the WvW zones, and it’s done for the same reason. They think that we don’t know what we like, and if they just pressure us into doing it, we’ll suddenly discover that we like it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Agree with OP, please let me finish my story Anet!

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Total agreement. This should never have been a 5 man mission.

And let’s stop to ask: “Who are these four other people?” Why, they’re Trahearne’s right hand man, of course!

. . .

That’s right, Trahearne’s apparently been cheating on you. He’s a dirty, rotten marrrubium vulgare.

Let’s be honest, though. They’re not going to change it. They made a big, game spanning storyline for solo players, and at the very end hid the conclusion behind … group content. It’s the same trick they pulled by putting 5% of map completion in the WvW zones, and it’s done for the same reason. They think that we don’t know what we like, and if they just pressure us into doing it, we’ll suddenly discover that we like it.

Or ascended earrings and guild missions etc. Anet going from “you can gain best in slot through various activities” to “you’re better off doing all the content we want you to do”.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I personally don’t care- I would just like to do it.

So OP you have my vote- Actually I have been begging to make all the story dungeons solo-able, or at the very least-scale able from 1-5 players

rest of the post tldr..but I agree. Arah story actually isn’t even hard anymore, it’s just so heavily scripted that it takes forever…And you wouldn’t make it far soloing it ofc. Agreed with making all story modes group-optional too, it would save me so much headache…

However, basic reason nobody runs story: 50s end reward. No tokens, not more, story modes ALL take longer than the favorite shortie runs and not a one allows 90% of the dungeon to be skipped. So nobody runs them.

Either make all stories soloable/scale-to-party, give rewards same as explorable dungeon paths, or redo all explorable modes to behave more like story (can’t skip because of some form of gate whether it’s something that MUST die, an npc objective or even just a locked door).

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

This is actually the one reason that I don’t play this game any further and have pretty much given up on it. I check back in regularly just in case this has changed.

I realize that this may seem like a silly reason for me to not play a game I paid for. But I’ve heard numerous people who do play the game regularly tell me that it can be hard to find people who want to do this again and the last thing I want to do is waste a bunch of time leveling a character just to find it takes me a long time to do the last quest because I have to group. (I have limited game time as it, with kids and a job, so anything I perceive may block that — even if down the road — tends to put me off.)

I’m not sure why the developers (or a representative) won’t at least comment on this in a substantive way. If it’s never going to happen, I suppose they can just say that so the topic stops coming up. (On the other hand, I suppose their silence may, in fact, be indication of that.)

Anyway, the suggestion of the OP has my support as well as that of others.

Actually it doesn’t take that long, join a friendly guild, they’ll be willing to replay the story mode.
And as someone mention above it roles as a daily, which makes it much easier to PuG.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yeh, i still haven’t finished my personal story.. on my main.. which i’ve had since early start… hoping to get that off my screen in the not so distant future though

i’ve watched it online.. {actually i’ve done that for all the dungeons instead of putting my —--ty elementalist through the torment} and it seems like they could have broken ‘victory or death’ into 3 different parts

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

It should be soloable indeed…or actually made somehow interesting to be repeated. Right now, the very thought to get into that story makes me sick. It bores me beyond anything else, it’s long, boring and buggy. No wonder it’s hard for people to find a team, if you have finished story with your main then farewell Zaithan, live well!

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Arah story is soloable…

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Arah story is soloable…

To open the very first door to kill the first boss you need two people to stand on two pressing plates. And I want to see you killing the dragons on cannons, while holding the 10000000000000 risen that spawn on airship. -.- Please, go run it then come teach us.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you see the list of people that want to do the quest. why not just form a group. There’s a lfg story up right now

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Over a year of playing and I have never seen the last mission lol.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

All the story dungeons should be soloable, more like personal story instances.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

So I recently had to PuG Arah Story on an alt. It has been almost a full year since I last completed it and I figured I’d add to this post with the thoughts from it.

I think most can agree the conclusion leaves much to be desired. Gameplay wise it’s very strangely punctuated. You switch vehicles a few times and there are very long sections of inactivity interrupted by a brief second or two of combat (and another few minutes of nothing). I found this to be the worst aspect of the story mode (the last time around).

The dungeon story feels very drawn out by the airship segments with 2-3 risen attacking every few minutes and boring Teq-esque dragon fights. An overhaul to this portion would do wonders to make this dungeon more exciting and feel like the epic defense of the most powerful Pact weapon against an Elder Dragon.

As for Zhaitan? Doing the Arah story again after having played the Marionette event, I think a Marionette style phase 1 would be great for Zhaitan. Before the pact laser blows him in half, Zhaitan should do passing runs on the airship leaving AoEs, and Red DMG trails that characters need to avoid while fighting his spawning minions. His attacks should be very punishing and require players to stay on their feet while fighting the risen on the deck. After a set number of waves, and special champ fights onboard the ship, the laser should be charged and ready to fire.

Cue laser and phase 2! Now the players have successfully defended against Zhaitan’s minions long enough for the laser to get off a shot. It of course will miss him center-mass but hit his rear and tail. This should injure him enough to cripple the dragon but instead of having him fly around like a moron and cling to some building for dear life while getting pummeled by cannons, he should instead cling to the side of the airship.

Here he would of course attack and require players actively dodging while they damage his Left and Right arms clinging on to the side of the ship. After a certain amount of damage (Legendary Boss symbol and health pool so he can be hit with crit) he would roar, AoE some sort of DoT (poison maybe) and cue risen to spawn.

Next, Phase 3. He will then fly alongside the ship and players will need to continue dodging his AoE that he spews out while fighting his minions (he can no longer swipe of course or drag his tail across the deck because the laser has destroyed the tail and the players have destroyed the hands).

Between each wave (or during, if players are skilled enough) players will target Zhaitan’s wings and damage them with the dragon fighting weapons created during the personal story. This could include all of them, or they could be specific to the dungeon opener’s instance. This adds some impact to the player’s choices. After DPSing the wings down, they tear and the dragon is forced to land. The Flak cannons on the side get some shots off (manned by NPCs) and blow some more chunks off the dragon. He should now be torn up enough to crash onto the airship and hang on with his broken limbs and wings.

There is damage to the airship now and the cannons are no longer functional. This is ok though because….Phase 4, the final phase, is upon us. Zhaitan spawns a last set of mobs to prevent players from killing him. Similar to the allies at the end of DA:O, the NPCs the player has befriended or allied with throughout the story should pour from the ship to help keep the waves back as players charge across the deck towards Zhaitan’s head. NPCs from the different orders, races, etc… They all push back waves on either side while players move to Zhaitan’s head to finish the fight (with possibly some chatter about supporting the cause for the sake of story). Zhaitan’s head has some straightforward attacks (conical attack, bite, AoE DoT, etc…). This should be a fairly simple phase.

Once his health its 0, Zhaitan should turn into an “F” interactable with a “finish” prompt. Here DE tells you to finish this Elder Dragon and blah, blah, story, story

You hit F, and cue cutscene of slaying an elder dragon. He then tumbles into the abyss below as a confirmed kill. Of course pan out to show allies killing the last of the risen on board. Cue more story and dialogue, and…fin.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

excluding the very first door.

Arah story can be done solo. Much like 99 percent of the rest of the game.

Although we are talking about Wethsopu here…..

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I remember people giving me kitten for suggesting exactly this.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

It’s ok, Trahearne would be there.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Here’s what I remember a dev saying about the reasoning for why the last step in your “personal” story suddenly required a group:

[SNIP] …Frankly, the decision to make the final step a 5-man dungeon was made before I joined the story team, so I cn’t provide any insight to the reasoning.

That was it. Not even a “Let me find out and get back to you”. And that was after a LOT of people had been trying to wring an answer out of the devs for quite some time, only to be ignored.

Link to thread is here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/story/Spoiler-alert-About-the-last-quest/page/4#post1293169

(edited by minbariguy.7504)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Zhaitan is pretty soloable actually, it’s a bit harder than the other personal stories but Arah story is like the easiest story dungeon.

Jeff Nyman.6314

In these kinds of threads, there’s always a few that like to say “Oh, that’s easy, I solo’d it without problem.” I usually dismiss those posts, simply because that’s easy to say in a thread without anything to back it up. I’m not saying such people are lying; simply that I have no way to know.

However — one poster above actually posted some proof: a video that seems to indicate solo’ing this dungeon is possible. The video is played in a very fast form so it’s not really possible (for me, anyway) to glean any insights into it.

So maybe for those boasting that they have already done this final quest solo and that it’s the “easiest story dungeon”, maybe a better discussion to have is this: people who have problems solo’ing it should post what they have issues with and those that have claimed to solo it can offer specific tips about how they overcame those problems.

That would seem to be a more likely way to engage on this topic since the developers are reluctant or unwilling to.

(edited by Jeff Nyman.6314)

Ropechef.6192

It was me that posted the link. and no it is not me in the vid.

none the less. I will be the absolute FIRST to admit I cannot do even a small portion of what people like Wethsopu, (the warrior in the vid) can do. I posted it as merely a “it CAN be done”. it will take work and thought and lots of failed attempts.

… Sorry for the sidetrack. I guess I just meant to really just say that the game IS solo able. or at least possible to be. For myself, I enjoy the challenge and the prospect of the challenge.

Jeff Nyman.6314

I will be the absolute FIRST to admit I cannot do even a small portion of what people like Wethsopu, (the warrior in the vid) can do. I posted it as merely a “it CAN be done”. it will take work and thought and lots of failed attempts.

… Sorry for the sidetrack. I guess I just meant to really just say that the game IS solo able. or at least possible to be. For myself, I enjoy the challenge and the prospect of the challenge.

No worries; I don’t see this is a sidetrack at all. In fact, I appreciate you posting the video. I think it actually is interesting to see that it can be done, admittedly via a very skilled player.

This may in fact be one of those cases where the “MMO casual player” (like myself) simply will find that GW2 is not for them, assuming they want to complete the personal story. I come from SWTOR (which was my first MMO) and while, like you, I do enjoy a challenge, I also have limited time and want games to be fun more than I do frustrating. Admittedly, that’s a tricky balance. But I found SWTOR let me have that experience because, ultimately, everything in my “class story” was solo’able, even if sometimes challenging. The trick is that the challenges were proportional to the fact that some people would not group up to complete their final class mission.

What I don’t want at all is a game that is “impossible” for me to complete (at least in terms of ‘personal and/or class story’), which I thought might be the case with GW2 given what I have read and heard.

I’m now at least potentially revising that view a bit. That being said, slogging my way to 80 only to find that my initial perceptions were correct would be a bit of a bitter pill, I suppose.

Ropechef.6192

I think it is just kind of what you are looking for in it all.

GW2 is the first MMO that I got actually involved in. I spent time running amok and just trying to experience the world as I could. Like you I have a limited time I can really actually play. so I try to make the most of it when I do.

I don’t know if it makes that much of a difference in the grand scheme. But as I have been playing and watching the game grow and change. And as I adapted along with it. I have Done the Arah story path many many times. back before the LFG tool was even a thought really. and you would sit around in the map of the dungeon and either advertise for yourself or join up with people that were running. IN some ways the tool has taken away some of the social aspect. but encouraged it in others. I have made some fun friends Via that thing.

Do I wish that more of the game was soloable? it is tough to say. perhaps yes maybe there needs to be a separate instance that is the personal story version just like everything up to that point has been. and the “story” version of the dungeon can be tied into the variants that the rest of the dungeon’s are. Being more akin to destinies edge.

None the less. I am probably rambling and not making any sense anyway. I truly do wish you the best of luck in your adventures. I know that the folks at Arena Net do really try to make it work for as many as they can. For me it has been the search for those little challenges. and things to do in the grand scheme of things.

I think I am gonna go see about that champion Abom in cursed shore… after I get some sleep of course. (waves)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Does anyone tried the LFG tool and stay in there for a few hours to see if it works?

Jeff Nyman.6314

Does anyone tried the LFG tool and stay in there for a few hours to see if it works?

I can’t speak for this since I’m not at that point in GW2, but you sort of highlight what an issue would be for me: “stay there for a few hours.”

A lot of times, I have a plan of what I’m going to do when I sit down for a gaming session. So let’s say the last thing I have to do in my personal story is the final quest. So I sit down for a gaming session to do just that … and …. I have to wait a few hours to do so.

Again, I can’t speak to this in GW2 but I can say that in SWTOR there was often a set of “heroic” quests or even a flashpoint that I wanted to do. But I couldn’t because I would have to wait awhile — sometimes hours or more — to find anyone willing to do it. (And then hope that when we started, they didn’t rage quit, get disconnected, or simply have to go to handle real life.) That was sometimes just waiting for one person, much less four others!

In those cases, however, at least the heroics and the flashpoints were optional. They weren’t part of your personal (class) story and thus could be avoided without any loss of story continuity, role play experience, or simple gaming time. That’s not quite the same thing for the final quest of your class story in this game.

All that said, I probably should not let experiences with one MMO necessarily color my experiences with this one. I’m definitely rethinking my position on GW2 now.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

+ 1 to ya Jeff.
The peeps that suggest ‘lfg’ and wait or look here’s a vid for solo(maybe doctored vids), it can be done (ya by a very very very few and I doubt those that say it is haven’t done nor could they) do not grasp the original concept—it’s a personal story that was solo with NPCs and when you get to the end the rules/concept and play are changed by an entirely arbitrary decision. The devs have been asked about it and other than the brief reply noted above, it has fallen on completly deaf ears and is being ignored.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I’ve tried sitting in LFG for “a few hours” for a group to form, but by then, my few hours of game time are up and I have real life to take care of.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I agree. ALL steps of the personal story should be soloable. It’s kind of ridiculous that the major final step is in a group dungeon. Make a solo version please.

Jeff Nyman.6314

So, just out of curiosity — before this thread eventually gets buried under an avalanche of others — is there a way on these forums to get the attention of developers (or representatives) such that they are more likely to respond to specific things that people are asking about?

I looked around but didn’t see such.

SWTOR had this problem as well, where long-standing queries were felt to be ignored and it was leading to a certain amount of angst among players. It was really the entire lack of any sort of developer response that mattered to people, moreso than concern over any “negative” answers the developers may give.

On SWTOR’s forums they opened up a Suggestion Box forum although, to be honest, the developers (or, again, a representative) rarely if ever respond to anything in there. So maybe that’s not the best example, come to think of it.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

So many players here complaining that they don’t find a group for doing Arah story… And they still can’t find players

I wouldn’t mind the story to be soloable though …. Story dungeons sisn’t played anyway (Accept for unlocking expl or in this case to compleate personal story). :P

@ Jeff Nyman: what do you intent to say with the last post lines? That GW2 forums should have a suggestion forum? Well you may have not been here that very long but they have had it but they scrapped it a few weeks ago becouse it’s easier for the Devs for the right topic to find the suggestions if they are posted in the right topic… So for an example this post should maby belong in the Dungeons section.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Jeff Nyman.6314

@ Jeff Nyman: what do you intent to say with the last post lines? That GW2 forums should have a suggestion forum?

I was more suggesting that there was a useful suggestion forum. By useful I mean one wherein players actually feel they get responses to what they suggest, particularly if a certain suggestion has been voiced often by a segment of the community.

A suggestion forum wherein there is no feedback is actually not really helpful. It just becomes another place for people to post things.

(Context: in my career, I do contract quality assurance and testing for game companies. [So it’s perhaps ironic that I have little time for games in my free time!] One of the ways of assuring quality — and this comes up at numerous companies — is making sure that player concerns, when voiced in a recurring form, are at least addressed in some fashion, even if only to say: “This can’t or won’t happen … and here’s why.” Lack of response is generally worse than negative response.)

Well you may have not been here that very long but they have had it but they scrapped it a few weeks ago becouse it’s easier for the Devs for the right topic to find the suggestions if they are posted in the right topic… So for an example this post should maby belong in the Dungeons section.

That’s certainly a valid way to look at it, no doubt. I think the trick is that we’re really talking about the fact that the final quest of your personal story should be solo-able. It just so happens that the final quest involves a dungeon. I guess it’s a matter on where you put the emphasis: the fact that the final quest is a dungeon or the fact that the final quest is (potentially) not solo-able.

Good point, though, and I suspect you might be correct if for no other reason than General Discussion areas tend to get bogged down in a lot of posts, making it harder for dev’s to respond, assuming they are inclined to do so.