Powerful Blood Farming in Southsun Cove

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

uhm? they don’t drop that much as you said. I farmed for more than 40min and no Vial of Powerful Blood at all. Just 8 Vials of Potent Blood…. wow… i dont think it’s worth the time.

Anet probably already nerfed the drop rates. Drop rates can be changed on the fly! Good job OP (/sarcasm)

Deep breath everyone. The drop rates are ok, RNG is your enemy!

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

It’s not that special, it’s all about luck anyways. For example I tried farming sharks for scales to make a rare inscription, got 15 in maybe 1 hour, so it’s more like a mindless grind then fun

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

“I tried farming potent blood and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!”

Hahaha, can I have one of these for my asura?

Edit: Hm thought about it. Text is to long or she is to tiny – you would need a magnifying-glass to read it

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Ooh. Baby, ooh. Said “Ooh.” I, too, am desirous of such fat loots ripe for the plucking. Forget fighting dragons for worthless blues and greens!

Cover me. I’m going in.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I believe the fact so many people think it’s bad to post farms because ANET will nerf it really speaks a lot on their reputation.

I hope the end of the month update fixes that.

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

This is what will eventually happen to southsun cove:
http://imgur.com/XfBMb

Made it just for you guys.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Anything that lowers prices is a great move thanks OP your a saint.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Nothing wrong with posting farm spots if you think you have found one and want to share it with the community.

There seems to be two types of people- those that want to try and help other people in the game and then there are those that post:

Why would you ruin the game and my farm spot by doing this.

Which shows they don’t care about anyone else they are just out for themselves and anyone revealing anything remotely helpful that might affect them should be treated as an act of high treason.

Welcome to real life types of people in an MMO.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

No there is a third one who only wants the T-Shirt. :P

… dumdidum I should rather leave this thread…hides

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

The drop rate must be already nerfed in a specific place i was farming, because i only got one in 50 minutes, and the crowd that was there is no longer Just a few days ago i was getting 4-6 in 30 minutes.

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

Nothing wrong with posting farm spots if you think you have found one and want to share it with the community.

There seems to be two types of people- those that want to try and help other people in the game and then there are those that post:

Why would you ruin the game and my farm spot by doing this.

Which shows they don’t care about anyone else they are just out for themselves and anyone revealing anything remotely helpful that might affect them should be treated as an act of high treason.

Welcome to real life types of people in an MMO.

The way GW2 works, if they were out for themselves, they would want MORE people out there, not less. Same concept as farming on Orr, the more people, the more mobs that spawn = more drops for everyone. Lower prices on T5-T6 bloods? So what! You go from 25s to 20s and you increase your drops by a dozen per hour. So yeah, your profit actually goes up. And please don’t drop the ‘lowered damand’ arguement. There will always be huge demand for T5 and T6 mats. Your conquest plan of the TP will still be intact.

And I hate to mention it, but this place has NEVER been a farming secret. Anyone that has spent an hour on that island knows it’s a great place for blood drops. And since 90%+ of the population headed out there for the karka events, that means we all already knew about it. There is not, and never has been a secret to keep out there.

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

The drop rate must be already nerfed in a specific place i was farming, because i only got one in 50 minutes, and the crowd that was there is no longer Just a few days ago i was getting 4-6 in 30 minutes.

Diminishing returns or bad RNG for the day, take your pick. You really think the most logical explanation is that ANet went in and adjusted the drop rate?

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Just not worth it for me out there for the amount of damage the karka deal out compared to orr.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Diminishing returns or bad RNG for the day, take your pick. You really think the most logical explanation is that ANet went in and adjusted the drop rate?

Yes, if the drop rate is more in one area than in another area. Bot hot spots are a sure give-away that the specific area is giving better returns. And Anet prefers we hunt in dungeons, and not in the open world. (because of the bots).

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sharks drop armored scales as well. There’s a ton of them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Why would you ruin the game and my farm spot by doing this. Were you feeling lonely? Did you need attention? Are you seeking community approval for being helpful? your not.

What’s your problem? Why would I need attention and why would I seek community approval? I was just trying to help others who don’t know about this farming spot.

People get all Q_Q about their fishing spots as if no one knows what drops.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Also, isn’t there a drop rate penalty applied just for staying in one area too long in an attempt to make people move around more?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but…

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This is great, till you realize you could farm Shelks underwater which don’t stealth and you can 3 shot…to get the exact same thing..

A decent underwater farming spot, you say?

Mighty Morphin’ Rangers Unite! Our ability to be the ultimate damage dealer beast of the sea shall come in handy for once!

Yeap

You can do it in FrostGorge as well, which is where I do it when Vials of Powerful Bloods prices go up (bots kill this sort of arming)

I’ve farmed there for a very long time though

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Sharks drop armored scales as well. There’s a ton of them.

NOOOOO, don’t say that. Oh God…

I will see if the frequencey has dropped and respond back ASAP. I have been running around this area fair bit and alwyas had good number of blood – lets see what happens now…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Southsun Cove blood farming was never a secret. Frostgorge Sound blood farming was never a secret. Anyone that spends 2 minutes in google looking for a good spot to farm powerful blood will know about these two locations (+ Fractals). The only reason these areas aren’t swamped is that farming dungeons nets you more gold per hour and it’s a lot more fun. If you need the blood you should only be happy if the prices drop, if you’re just farming for gold then why aren’t you in Fractals or other dungeons? Unless you’re a botter of course

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Also, isn’t there a drop rate penalty applied just for staying in one area too long in an attempt to make people move around more?

Can anyone confirm this?

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Posted by: wolfger.3467

wolfger.3467

Good on you, OP. I was going to post something similar. Maybe this will drive the prices down a bit. 25s per vial of powerful blood is just silly.

LOL. It’s 45 silver now… Is this still a viable farm? A lot changed in 2 years.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

News flash to the dude losing his mind regarding “mentioning” that this is a place to farm for this particular set of mats: Anet already told the population of their game this info when they introduced a new weapon into the game some time ago by way of a story/riddle here in the forums. Its really not a secret and I doubt anet will be nerf it since they are they ones that brought light to it even being a thing.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

News flash to the dude losing his mind regarding “mentioning” that this is a place to farm for this particular set of mats: Anet already told the population of their game this info when they introduced a new weapon into the game some time ago by way of a story/riddle here in the forums. Its really not a secret and I doubt anet will be nerf it since they are they ones that brought light to it even being a thing.

Actually they did nerf it, about 5 months after this thread was made.

I used to farm this area regularly for the T5 and T6 bloods. Then they put in the consortium living story with the LA karka event A lot more people started farming that area while that story line was in place. Shortly after that it was nerfed. The reason they gave was that there was too many skelk. This effectively killed that farm.

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH June 3, 2013 Source
General
World: Southsun – Reduced density of reef skelk around Pearl Islet

(In other words, when that farm attracted their attention, it was nerfed. Just like the people in the thread feared).

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I just tried this for about 30-40 minutes with 300% MF and received:

2 potent bloods
7 karka shells
1 rare

Sorry but this is no where near as good as Silver Wastes. Not even close.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I just tried this for about 30-40 minutes with 300% MF and received:

2 potent bloods
7 karka shells
1 rare

Sorry but this is no where near as good as Silver Wastes. Not even close.

A necro’d post from two years ago no longer relevant? No way!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I used to farm this area regularly for the T5 and T6 bloods. Then they put in the consortium living story with the LA karka event A lot more people started farming that area while that story line was in place. Shortly after that it was nerfed. The reason they gave was that there was too many skelk. This effectively killed that farm.

General

(In other words, when that farm attracted their attention, it was nerfed. Just like the people in the thread feared).

No no no… I was there in the water with my Ranger farming when the patch hit. When I logged back in there was skelks everywhere! I killed a few and realized this is badly bugged and left the area. This bug fix was to reduce the number back to normal levels. Since you posted the date of the patch, it was easy for me to find the screen shot I posted then about it.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Astral Projections.7320

General

No no no… I was there in the water with my Ranger farming when the patch hit. When I logged back in there was skelks everywhere! I killed a few and realized this is badly bugged and left the area. This bug fix was to reduce the number back to normal levels. Since you posted the date of the patch, it was easy for me to find the screen shot I posted then about it.

Maybe there was that glitch. I never saw those. However the patch also reduced the numbers on the land near the waypoint. That’s the ones I’m talking about. There aren’t as many on the beach area over there now. I tried farming there on my usual route afterwards and the numbers on the land were significantly reduced.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Whatever the drop rate now, there have been loads of better gold farming methods introduced into the game after this thread was created. 2-3 gold per half an hour is just not “good” anymore.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Whatever the drop rate now, there have been loads of better gold farming methods introduced into the game after this thread was created. 2-3 gold per half an hour is just not “good” anymore.

Keep in mind back then the same materials costed only 1/3 of it’s current price

Tom Gore.4035

That’s why I upped the OP’s result by 50-100%. Still not worth it.

One – Piken Square

Astral Projections.7320

No, not now. However this was within the first year and back then they didn’t have the good farming spots like now. iirc, dungeons didn’t give as much gold as they now do and there weren’t champ farms, because no champ bags, and certainly no Silverwastes. So it was a good farm for that period of time, which is why so many farmed there.

Tom Gore.4035

No, not now. However this was within the first year and back then they didn’t have the good farming spots like now. iirc, dungeons didn’t give as much gold as they now do and there weren’t champ farms, because no champ bags, and certainly no Silverwastes. So it was a good farm for that period of time, which is why so many farmed there.

… which is what I said in my first post.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

TURN UNDEAD!!!!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yes….and most players don’t realize that loading into the same zone a day (or month) later does not remove the penalty necessarily (nobody knows the exact trigger to remove it, but it can persist over time if in same zone with same character….I can vouch for this personally).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is a lie.

The only thing I ever get from anything in Southsun that is not a guaranteed drop is junk. Literally junk items. Nothing else. Karka shells only from veterans, who have them as guaranteed drops.

Nothing else ever drops from those things. No matter how high your mf is or how many you kill. I tried more than once making some hunting parties after the queen for karka shells. Killed countless young karka, veteran karka, skelk, reef riders and drakes.

If blood dropped like you say, it’ll be much cheaper.

But nothing. Nothing. Not even T5 blood. Just junk.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This is a lie.

The only thing I ever get from anything in Southsun that is not a guaranteed drop is junk. Literally junk items. Nothing else. Karka shells only from veterans, who have them as guaranteed drops.

Nothing else ever drops from those things. No matter how high your mf is or how many you kill. I tried more than once making some hunting parties after the queen for karka shells. Killed countless young karka, veteran karka, skelk, reef riders and drakes.

taps shoulder points at date of first post.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Still applies. I was there two years ago.

Nothing dropped by then either. Hell, even the ancient karka chest that was supposed to give two rares and two exotics and gave so many precursors gave me just one level 76 exotic and one level 78 rare. Southsun is a black hole of bad luck.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unless the dungeon was CoF p1.

This is a lie.

Everything in Southsun seems to have karka shells in their loot table it’s just lower for non-karkas. Karkas aren’t very good for farming anyway since they are so far apart and the veterans have 2 HP bars alone with too many evades.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

grumble

I can’t get blood to drop for me as it is when I’m out in SSC farming. Now there’s going to be even more people out there killing my critters.

hmph

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Don’t let this become the new grawl farm that got nerfed really hard