Precursor Collection in HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

It’s confirmed its going to be a collection, which means it is only 1 per account – and at that, I would wager to say that the precursor acquired is going to be account bound. Thoughts?

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

We can still get at least one of each precursor by doing the collections. And no one is assuming the forge and RNG are somehow not going to matter anymore.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We can still get at least one of each precursor by doing the collections. And no one is assuming the forge and RNG are somehow not going to matter anymore.

One of each weapon type from what I understand.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yup, RNG is going nowhere since the collection also only applied to those that buy the xpac.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Precursor crafting being linked to collections is old news.
My understanding was there will be a separate collection for each precursor, old and new.

What’s your source on the collection being only one?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The masteries blog post said there is a mastery for crafting those. A collection doesn’t sound much like crafting …

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

Ah, I see. I misunderstood. I was not under the impression there would be a different collection for each individual precursor. That’s great.

Ayrilana.1396

My understanding was there will be a separate collection for each precursor, old and new.

Not only one. I read somewhere that it was one per weapon type but I may have mixed up an article with someone’s speculation. I haven’t cared enough about precursors to follow closely.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Not only one. I read somewhere that it was one per weapon type but I may have mixed up an article with someone’s speculation. I haven’t cared enough about precursors to follow closely.

I was asking OP since he was talking about there being one single collection, I should have quoted his message but when I wrote my post no one had answered yet.

Ayrilana.1396

I was asking OP since he was talking about there being one single collection, I should have quoted his message but when I wrote my post no one had answered yet.

Ah. No worries.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

One collection for each precursor. This means you will be able to acquire ALL precursors through collections.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

One collection for each precursor. This means you will be able to acquire ALL precursors through collections.

Yep, but I think I read somewhere that you need mastery points to unlock each collection. Depending on how limited they are, you might not be able to actually start all of the collections. Im still wondering how you earn collection-mastery-points. Maybe the normal collections give progression on that?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35650&storypage=2

Already been confirmed it’s one of each precursor, for already existing and new precursors.

Ayrilana.1396

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=35650&storypage=2

Already been confirmed it’s one of each precursor, for already existing and new precursors.

Thank you.

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

Well now legendarys aren’t legendary. They needed to be harder to obtain, they were already too easy. I feel this “farming a precursor” thing is bad, but im the type of person that actually wants to earn something not have it handed to me for walking around a few zones.

And i understand its not earned in it current form either thats why i said make it harder.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The masteries blog post said there is a mastery for crafting those. A collection doesn’t sound much like crafting …

Neither does “crafting” a Legendary Weapon….it’s mostly collecting, farming and flushing…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I’ve played the game from just a couple of months after it came out to the present. I have yet to see any precursors, I assume Sebastian’s comment about it being too easy refers to being too easy to buy them from the TP.

I am copying and pasting from the link that Ayrilana provided:

“There will be a unique collection for each of the precursors, including the existing precursors used for the legendary weapons currently in game. “You will be able to build every precursor, unlock all of them in your wardrobe and eventually unlock all of your legendaries,” Colin said, “if you are so inclined.”

Does anybody have a collection they have not finished an probably never will because it’s too ridiculously hard/expensive? I know I have several like that and I imagine the precursor collections will fall in that category. So much for being “too easy”.

So, it looks like for each precursor you “make”, you do so by completing a collection. The precursor is the reward for that completion. That means that if you want two legendary daggers for example, you can only get one by this method unless they give you a way to repeat the collection.

Ayrilana.1396

So will there be a collection for collecting all of the legendaries?

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Well now legendarys aren’t legendary. They needed to be harder to obtain, they were already too easy. I feel this “farming a precursor” thing is bad, but im the type of person that actually wants to earn something not have it handed to me for walking around a few zones.

And i understand its not earned in it current form either thats why i said make it harder.

GW2 is a casual game, this move is only consequent.

Its also not clear how easy its going to be.
But even so content is made to be used, by more than 1% of the players.

Thats how “big” MMOs work.
Its not like GW2 could be any different from WoW in that regard.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

“So will there be a collection for collecting all of the legendaries?” – Ayrilana

No, what it means is that let’s say you want the legendary dagger “Incinerator”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incinerator

The precursor for Incinerator is Spark.

You would have to complete the “Incinerator Collection” which might for example include things like a bunch of different exotic daggers, some new items made up just for the collection like, “Imbued Essence of Sharpness”, which has its own quest line requiring a rare drop from Tequatl that must be heated in battle with the Fire Elemental, then quenched in the icy heart of the Claw of Jormag, etc. Once you finally finish the collection, you get a chest reward. Inside the chest is Spark, the precursor to Incinerator. That’s the way I am interpreting it.

The problem with this system of course is that if, for example, you want your thief to wield two Incinerators, you’ll have to come up with a different way to get the second one (unless it’s just the skin you want).

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

“So will there be a collection for collecting all of the legendaries?” – Ayrilana

You would have to complete the “Incinerator Collection” which might for example include things like a bunch of different exotic daggers, some new items made up just for the collection like, “Imbued Essence of Sharpness”, which has its own quest line requiring a rare drop from Tequatl that must be heated in battle with the Fire Elemental, then quenched in the icy heart of the Claw of Jormag, etc. Once you finally finish the collection, you get a chest reward. Inside the chest is Spark, the precursor to Incinerator. That’s the way I am interpreting it.

The problem with this system of course is that if, for example, you want your thief to wield two Incinerators, you’ll have to come up with a different way to get the second one (unless it’s just the skin you want).

And that dident answer the question, noone knows if there would be a collection to get all of them but its not off the table Ayrilana

And to nutjob you could get it since anet is coming out with new legendarys, craft the other dagger and transfer the skin.

Ayrilana.1396

That wasn’t what I was asking.