Precursor prices after HoT announcement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

glad I sold my Dusk for 1350 gold last week jeeeeeez look at the prices now for precursor, just wow! Also /wink to all precursor market manipulators.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

We don’t know how difficult it would be to get the pre-cursors. But I’d say it’s a good bet that prices will drop, it’s only a question of how much.

Posted by: Vergeltung.3784

Vergeltung.3784

I’d rather have pre prices drop than T6 prices skyrocket. Sucks that they’re correlated.

Posted by: Ferraro.6125

Ferraro.6125

Maybe the economy will stabilize a little bit.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Depending on how difficult the quest will be. And wether or not it’s repeatable.
If it’s evry difficult and not repeatable, I don’t think the prices will drop very much, just a little

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Depending on how difficult the quest will be. And wether or not it’s repeatable.
If it’s evry difficult and not repeatable, I don’t think the prices will drop very much, just a little

I’m very interested in knowing whether or not it will be repeatable, as prescursors are the only things missing from me instantly crafting two legendaries. I noted that he specifically said Masteries would allow us to craft “precursors”, as in plural. I’m not sure if he said that as in one person could craft multiple precursors, or that we collectively can craft multiple precursors at a rate of one per account.

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

There are new ones coming… you’d be nuts to make an old one now.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

T6 prices will skyrocket, though. People will be hoarding them for the HoT release.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Indeed. It’s also a possible that the precursors we can obtain via Mastery are only those for the new legendaries.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Depends on how the new ones will look

Posted by: Necroma.2379

Necroma.2379

i bet to craft precursors we at least gonna need some high amount of t6 and other stuff, and maybe ascended weap? Since for Legendary we need precursor, maybe for precursor we will need ascended weap? Just random thoughts

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Panic sells.
We dont know if the new system will only be for the new precursors or for the old ones, too.
Also for the people buying t6 mats we do not know if the new legendaries will need the same recipes as the old ones.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m wondering if the new craftable precursors will be account bound.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

About time these over-inflated prices became realistic. As has been mentioned, I reckon most of those precursors wont even sell now, because people will save stuff for the new ones. I’m really glad this is the case, should also be great fun doing quests and tasks to make a precursor when HoT drops.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

My body is ready for the new leggies

http://imgur.com/a/CMO9x

I have another +5k stored away in alt account/gbanks. this is going to be lucrative

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Also for the people buying t6 mats we do not know if the new legendaries will need the same recipes as the old ones.

I personally predict that they are not going to change the need for a gift of fortune (and mastery). So we will still need lots of T6.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

it was about time that precursor prices fall, its just normal that they do, with the announcement of Precursor Crafting/ Quests, because this feature just means, that alot more Precursors will find their way into the game soon, what will lead automatically in a rise of supply ands with higher supply, while demand will most likely stay unchanged, means automatically, that prices will fall for precursors.

But my personal hope still is, that anet will change Precursors and legendary Weapons into accountbound weapons, makign it impossible to sell these from the TP and instead turns the accountbound crafting components that are needed to make legendary weapons, like all those various Gift items, that these become sellable instead via TP.

That would make alot more sense, than to be ablre to sell the Precursors or Legendaries from TP, which is the main reason number 1, why Guild Wars 2 is so massively infected by Gold Sellers and why the Gem/Gold Trading Rate inflated so massively in the past years, because of people massively buying gems to flood the game with Gold to be able to buy their legendaries from the TP and the 15% TP tax alone isn’t able to stop that inflation.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Bleh. I just bought Dawn last week to finish off my Sunrise.

Still, cheaper Precursors will be nice for any further Legendaries.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Bakeneko.5826

Bakeneko.5826

Does it really matter if quest are hard or easy? Get more experienced player into party and have a go at it. Month or two later, we will have those quests being sold like paths in dungeons. Either way, prices went pact airship over players maguma jungle pockets

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

Does it really matter if quest are hard or easy? Get more experienced player into party and have a go at it. Month or two later, we will have those quests being sold like paths in dungeons. Either way, prices went pact airship over players maguma jungle pockets

I’d bet you that it will be neither hard nor easy.

What it will be is long.

If everyone is running around with legendaries a month after release, what’s next? Nah, they will still be a long hard road.

Posted by: Bakeneko.5826

Bakeneko.5826

I’d bet you that it will be neither hard nor easy.

What it will be is long.

If everyone is running around with legendaries a month after release, what’s next? Nah, they will still be a long hard road.

Well, of course it will be hard long road, you still need to craft it But I got a feeling that second expansion might use Legendaries to craft something more powerful and way more expensive to craft

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Oh yes, those prices are really plummeting. Now it’ll only take you $400 worth of gem-gold conversion to get one instead of $500!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t see the point in making an old legendary, I wouldn’t even pay 1000g for one now. Everyone has them, and you can just buy them off the TP. I’m hoping these new legendary weapons are account bound, and the precursors are from the quest only.

Prices will fall further when they unveil the new models in the upcoming weeks.

I have been getting as much currency and base mats as I can so I can be sure to be ready, though I have nothing even close to what Vol has…

Yamsandjams.3267

I don’t see the point in making an old legendary

Well, some of them can still be cool, or maybe you always wanted one but just haven’t made it yet. For instance, I’ve always wanted sunrise, but haven’t got around to making it after I finished my first two legendaries.

Plus, the legendaries are a bit of a grab bag. Some of them are joke weapons (i.e. quip and the dreamer), others are just weird looking (i.e. Frenzy), and some of them might not really fit the character design you have (i.e. dark, broody necro with a rainbow staff).

So even though these legendaries are “new”, whether they will really appeal to you more than the old ones will depend on what you like. Plus, we don’t know if the new legendaries will be more of a pain to craft, so it might be a good time to get those old legendaries you always wanted but just never got around to making or just never could finish.

Paffus Piffus.9430

Oh yes, those prices are really plummeting. Now it’ll only take you $400 worth of gem-gold conversion to get one instead of $500!

People are still being greedy and hoping to sell them. They will cost next to nothing in the coming weeks, anyone would be stupid to buy a precursor/legendary right now.

Yamsandjams.3267

People are still being greedy and hoping to sell them. They will cost next to nothing in the coming weeks, anyone would be stupid to buy a precursor/legendary right now.

Indeed. They’ll still end up being worth something once all is said and done, but I personally want to see them plummet into double digits of gold. It just makes me feel happy that all these resellers are getting their due.

Mind you they’re still filthy rich anyhow, but I won’t let that spoil my enjoyment of plummeting precursors.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

T6 prices will skyrocket, though. People will be hoarding them for the HoT release.

If they make new precursors and new Legendaries, I’m thinking there will be new T6 mats from the new area used, not the old T6 mats.

Yamsandjams.3267

If they make new precursors and new Legendaries, I’m thinking there will be new T6 mats from the new area used, not the old T6 mats.

THat’s quite possible, but I don’t think they’d introduce a whole new set of crafting materials just for expansion stuff. Rather, they would probably reuse a lot of existing T6 mats but then just throw something else on top of them. That fits much better with their “no gear grind” philosophy since it wouldn’t make existing things irrelevant.

I mean, we still haven’t seen the Xunlai electrum ingot or crystalline ore hit the game. Those are designated as ascended stuff, but they’re going to have to be used for something eventually. I find it quite possible they would just interject some new stuff on top of existing mats rather than find replacements for them.

Although it would be cool to have a new line of mats to enable other stat combinations for crafting.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have another +5k stored away in alt account/gbanks. this is going to be lucrative

Look who the hype train dragged in.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

Good, I was going to buy Precursor but instead I am going to wait and try to save for another legendary

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Something tells me we will need 500 crafting and possibly the ascended weapon of that type. It only makes sense.

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

They will introduce new legendaries and precursors – the demand for the old ones will be lower – prises will drop.
The quest chain precursors will most likely be account bound, to prevent the price drop.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is going to be more fun than the crash of 1920.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

About time these over-inflated prices became realistic. As has been mentioned, I reckon most of those precursors wont even sell now, because people will save stuff for the new ones. I’m really glad this is the case, should also be great fun doing quests and tasks to make a precursor when HoT drops.

The prices were realistic. Also, the cost for making a legendary has hardly budged from what they were about a week ago.

Please enlighten me on how they will be “next to nothing” in the coming weeks. A lot of hated for those that are just trying to make themselves some gold as well. All those who get lucky by getting a precursor as a drop or the MF must be greedy for trying to sell them.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

I’m very interested in knowing whether or not it will be repeatable, as prescursors are the only things missing from me instantly crafting two legendaries. I noted that he specifically said Masteries would allow us to craft “precursors”, as in plural. I’m not sure if he said that as in one person could craft multiple precursors, or that we collectively can craft multiple precursors at a rate of one per account.

Honestly if a getting close to 3 year old weapon the precursion can’t be obtained in 12-24 hours of game play it’s still not worth the time to come back to the game let alone pay for an expansion if there is a cost for it.

Edit: Looking over one of the video’s has new Legendaries as something. So it’ll be interesting to see how easy those new ones are. They can keep the old ones exactly as they are and put the new ones on the scavenger hunt as long as the new ones are better then the old ones. But still. The time vs reward needs to be precursor within a few hours of play or not worth bothering with the game when other better games are currently releasing new content.

(edited by McSlappy.1372)

Paffus Piffus.9430

The prices were realistic.

What kittening planet do you live on?

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Let them drop muahaha. Flipping precursors ruined the economy and I’m glad it’s over.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’d like to see new legendary weapons with kind of a sandbox creation mode with a given pallet of usable components. Weapons would have themes but you can literally build the weapon, choosing blade, hilt, details, colors, etc. It would make for a truly unique and legendary weapon, and well worth the effort. For example, having frostfang pulled up in a kind of interface like character creation, where you can alter angles, edges, patterns, and some finer details

Ayrilana.1396

How about you answer my question?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

there were people bragging on the forums that they have hoarded 2000 precursors. These are the people that will panic and try to undercut. And this is exactly what we’re seeing.

And no, prices were not actually realistic for an average user. For example, a year ago, after all the loot overhauls I made Quip. My full money investment must have been 500 gold. My precursor was around 350. This time I’m heading for Meteorologicus. The price before the price drop was 700 gold. Around 500 would be what I would consider manageable. Around 400 is what I would have considered normal. My income is 10 gold a day.

Ayrilana.1396

there were people bragging on the forums that they have hoarded 2000 precursors. These are the people that will panic and try to undercut. And this is exactly what we’re seeing.

And no, prices were not actually realistic for an average user. For example, a year ago, after all the loot overhauls I made Quip. My full money investment must have been 500 gold. My precursor was around 350. This time I’m heading for Meteorologicus. The price before the price drop was 700 gold. Around 500 would be what I would consider manageable. Around 400 is what I would have considered normal. My income is 10 gold a day.

Hoarding 2K? That’s a vast exaggeration. What you’re seeing is what naturally occurs when there potentially may be another way for players to obtain an item. You saw the opposite effect last year when they introduced the wardrobe system. It has nothing to do about specific people.

You need to understand exactly why precursor prices are why they are. They’re priced based on their supply from drops and the MF vs the demand for them. If greatsword precursors were arbitrarily set at 100G, the demand would greatly exceed the incoming supply to the point that you’d hardly ever see them on the TP. Those who use the MF would have less incentive to try to get those two as they’d be taking a loss as well.

Legendary weapons are a long term goal. Players that play less will take longer while players that play more will take less time. Legendary weapons were obtainable within a year and even more so now because of the daily login reward system that you can use to get those tier 6 fine materials.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

The absurd prices of the Legend, spark and dawn/dusk are the consequence of the popularity of their legendary.

It’s true that some people actively played on this popularity and used the precursors as a reserve of value, one that would be immuned (or so they thought) to inflation.

The market for precursors cannot be reduced to “forgers” selling to “legendary crafters”. The market for precursors includes the speculators and very wealthy players who want to store their money in the form of items whose value will steadily increase with the size of the economy. When you sell a precursor on the TP, you don’t decide the future usage of the precursor (craft/recycle/use/flip…), you only decide a price. Period.

Thus the price roughly represented the global attractiveness of the precursors, wether you like it or not.

Once HoT will be released, new parameters will determine a new price for every precursor, namely the time gate and the inital mastery investment to get said item.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

Don’t be wrong, this drop at prices is temporally and precursors will get back around the pre HoT announce prices.

What we have now is people doing “panic sells” and people trying to force lower sells by droping their offers…won’t work in the near future.

Keep in mind how ridiculous this is: we don’t know when HoT will be delivered and we don’t know how much time requires the new system to obtain a precursor (maybe we are talking about several months). Also we don’t even know if the old precursos can be obtained with the new system and not just the new ones.

If a dude wants his Twilight now he won’t wait 6 months to see what happens.

My suggestion if you want to sell a precursor: don’t join in the “panic sell” train and wait till prices back like they were before yesterday.

My suggestion if you want to buy NOW a precursor: Just buy it right now because these prices will get higher in the closest future.

(edited by Yonarq.1072)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

That is just amazing, espically if its all farmed and not bought.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

That is just amazing, espically if its all farmed and not bought.

See his 14K gems, i doubt it is farmed

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Don’t be wrong, this drop at prices is temporally and precursors will get back around the pre HoT announce prices.

What we have now is people doing “panic sells” and people trying to force lower sells by droping their offers…won’t work in the near future.

Keep in mind how ridiculous this is: we don’t know when HoT will be delivered and we don’t know how much time requires the new system to obtain a precursor (maybe we are talking about several months). Also we don’t even know if the old precursos can be obtained with the new system and not just the new ones.

My suggestion if you want to sell a precursor: don’t join in the “panic sell” train and wait till prices back like they were before yesterday.

My suggestion if you want to buy NOW a precursor: Just buy it right now because these prices will get higher in the closest future.

This isn’t panic selling, its a much needed correction and a genuine devaluation of the legendaries because they are about to be replaced by cooler, more awesome items. The price will drop and drop permanently and anyone not selling is going to end up with a significant loss.

There will likely be further hits in the coming period too, as we get teasers for the new legendaries and people prepare to get those instead. Get the item everyone has now….or wait a month or two and get something people stop and stare at in wonder….I don’t think it takes much to work out which people are going to do.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This isn’t panic selling, its a much needed correction and a genuine devaluation of the legendaries because they are about to be replaced by cooler, more awesome items. The price will drop and drop permanently and anyone not selling is going to end up with a significant loss.

There will likely be further hits in the coming period too, as we get teasers for the new legendaries and people prepare to get those instead. Get the item everyone has now….or wait a month or two and get something people stop and stare at in wonder….I don’t think it takes much to work out which people are going to do.

You are funny. “cooler and more awesome” lol
We havent seen any of the new legendaries yet. Also since legendaries are cosmetics its in the eye of the beholder.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.