Precursors Drop Rate

Precursors Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Ragnarox sorry to hear u had to spend the money u could have used for mats on a precursor

Now let’s see how much time u add to that precursor to make it a legendary.

Also u said it yourself…6-7h of daily FARMING…. now imagine 4-5h or normal play….should take 8-10 months (of doing the same stuff over and over again)? Now what’s wrong with guaranteeing a precursor for playing 2 years? and in those 2 years u gather mats for it by playing and enjoying any and all aspects of the game..not just a few farming spots.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

Well it’s called a legendary for a reason. We can’t have precursors dropping like flies for everyone. If they even increased the drop rate a little, the prices would drop.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Legendary is supposed to be legendary… (except you have the money).
Ok for drop rate of them it supposed to be that way…but materials whoa those prices.
So you have like so small drop rate of that precursor plus you have to deal with insane prices of materials to do it….Thats an overkill.

Yea i have nothing to do and farm like hell…and i know how you feel with normal gameplay it would take forever…

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

It does not take forever with normal gameplay. With an actual grind you can farm enough for any precursor in 10 days or so in dungeons.
Also any level of fractals should not take 3 hours.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

It amazes me how many of you think the system is supposed to be fair to everyone.

Life ain’t fair. Deal with it.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ive said it 1 million times and ill say it again. I got zap around 70 hours into the game, maybe less, the same day I hit level 80. I sold it on the TP to buy abyss dye not knowing what it was. I have not gotten another precursor since then.

I feel like I broke up with kim kardashian in middle school

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Yeah, after giving Legendaries a good look I don’t think I will be getting one at all since the RNG aspect is a racket. I did make an alternative method to getting a legendary and so far everyone liked the idea and I figured continued support would make it happen.

It only stood afloat for about a day though. :I

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The current system is not fair since it’s random, therefore it cannot be fair.

Actually, random is completely fair. Every single person has the exact same chance, making it the definition of fair.

People don’t like fair though. They say they do, but what they really mean when they say that is “I want a system whereby I get what I want and other people do not”.

Yeah. Totally fair that some people can get a precursor in their first few tosses into the mystic toilet but the next guy in line throws in hundreds of gold of crap into it doesn’t have anything to show for it.

Totally and completely fair amounts of effort that were equally rewarded. Yep.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Actually, random is completely fair. Every single person has the exact same chance, making it the definition of fair.

People don’t like fair though. They say they do, but what they really mean when they say that is “I want a system whereby I get what I want and other people do not”.

Yeah. Totally fair that some people can get a precursor in their first few tosses into the mystic toilet but the next guy in line throws in hundreds of gold of crap into it doesn’t have anything to show for it.

Its fair because both have the same chance for a precursor everytime they use the forge.

You are mixing up fairness and equality. No one ever said RNG rewards people with equal rewards all the time.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

i hate rng, dont get me started.

but as for magic find, remember 200% is not 200 times. its twice whatever the chance was before. Assuming precurser rates are lower than 0.01% (ive played games with this drop rate and over a period of weeks/days you can get the thing with that drop rate), perhaps its even 0.001%, then 200% magic find would give you 0.002%.

In essence magic find doesnt really help u get rare kitten, it just gives u a much better chance of getting more crap, 30% chance items become 60%, etc.

RNG is broke, their random number generator is broke. but they will never admit it.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Exactly how it works. I’ve had dusk drop twice within 4 minutes as an example. Also lost 2500 gold in the forge trying obtain one precursor; this happened twice.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

they will fix it once they have finished the entire living story, cos…you know…living story is all that matters, they dont care about keeping their playerbase happy if it means groan doing something useful……try to think of a way they can profit from it then maybe it will get attention. Like idk, a gem store item you can buy for 10 gems that allows you to lock a party you create with you as a leader. It would function exactly as how it was in the past, just now you have to pay 10 gems for it.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

I don’t understand how a support member can ask to open a discussion about that topic,mainly because the support team can already find countess of topics about that RNG – precursor thing.

I don’t think this will help but: 5900+ hours since day 1 of gw2.
1200 gold in the mystic toilet (850 gold all in once) with level 80 exotics weapons only.
Done every kind of content in PvE more than once…..waaaaay more than once…..in 5900 hours….mind you….
I’m mainly a WvW player and I played WvW nearly every single evening of every single day of my gw2.
Never saw a precursor.
In the mean while some of my guild mates who never done PvE events more than a few time,dropped precursor in WvW guild raids events.

I think RNG exist.But I think more RNG has something to do with account creation.And more than one thing make me think that account creation has something to do with account luck.
This is why I don’t spend anymore golds on mystic toilet to make a precursor attempt,and this is why I completely gived up on legendary weapon.
I will just wait until some design developer will make a decent rifle skin (similar to the aetherized rifle skin,so a rifle that actually looks like a rifle) and I will buy it.
Till that moment,I will continue playing without care anymore to save material for a legendary(I do a lot of golds selling crafting materials).

Sorry for my english.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

What part of RNG do you not understand?

And who told you that i dont understand it ? Probably you dont understand ! ! !

I am just saying that i dont like it and its totaly unfair ! ! ! …… now you understand it?

Try not only to read what i am saying but understand what i am trying to say also.

I’ve been playing since Beta and have never had a precurser drop either. That being said, how do you define “fair.” It does not mean that everybody gets the same thing, it means that everybody has equal chances to receive the same or equal item (in relations to this topic at least).

In the end, everybody has the same chances. This is the definition of “fair.” That doesn’t mean you have to like it, but just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t fair.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Kazeshiny.4638

Kazeshiny.4638

3k hour since start of the game, made 2 game pause of 4months.
tons of wb event/foes killed
about 2k5 try on mf
never saw a precursor…
But got this guys in my friend list who loot 2 greatsword precursor in 2 try, or this one on eternal battleground who loot on a deer….
I’m sad T_T

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

3k hour since start of the game, made 2 game pause of 4months.
tons of wb event/foes killed
about 2k5 try on mf
never saw a precursor…
But got this guys in my friend list who loot 2 greatsword precursor in 2 try, or this one on eternal battleground who loot on a deer….
I’m sad T_T

Looting on a deer. :’(

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I believe the way the drop isn’t fair. If a player just starting the game can get a precurser as a drop on their 1st kill and a player whos been playing since beta hasn’t gotten a drop something is wrong with the system.

I know what I’m about to propose is going to upset some players but I think it will be fair. I think all precursers should be account bound and a achievement reward for every 10k mark where a player gets to choose like the zenith skins. everyone with a legendary or a precurser under 10k should have them and their skins locked until they hit that mark. This way precursers are earned and it will be completely fair to everyone.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Kazeshiny.4638

Kazeshiny.4638

I don’t like the fact to see looted precursor account bound, but saw an idea lately : each failed precursor attempt giving a token, at a certain amount of them you can choose a precursor.
The idea looks good for unlucky ppl like me BUT i’ll add 1 thing: the precursor given this way should be account bound, so the precursor economy will not be unbalanced by a huge number of precursor to sell.
number of tokens needed? no idea

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The huge influx of precursors will cause T6 materials to jump in price. Not just a little jump either, we’re talking 10g+ PER T6 material.

There are only enough T6 on the market to make 20 legendaries. If 1,000 precursors get added today because 1,000 accounts have a birthday, the supply of T6 will be GONE instantly.

I, too believe Anet needs to dramatically increase the supply of t6 mats in the game. Except I’m not just feigning concern and actually think this..

Well it’s called a legendary for a reason. We can’t have precursors dropping like flies for everyone. If they even increased the drop rate a little, the prices would drop.

Oh no, people might actually be able to get a thing they want without paying proper homage to the robber barons.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Weeks played: 2
Level: 80..
Skill level: Clueless
Precursor drops: 2 (within 4 days of becoming level 80)
d/k ratio: 100000/3

Rng ftw.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: JandNTeam.7630

JandNTeam.7630

RNG is mean!! Still yet to even to get ascended chest have played like 9 months now.

Main: TheThomasred(Human Ranger)
Guild: [XCAL]Twilight of Avalon
My theory to speed up teq

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

What part of RNG do you not understand?

The part where I have to be the counter balance to the lucky players

Someone suggested having them to be bought by 200laurels, as it’s a top end-game stuff it seems fair (though I myself don’t have nearly that many laurels).

And I’ve spent about 200 laurels on trinkets alone… so that would be the sort of change that would make me both happy and kinda sad…

Attachments:

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Time for me to chime in.

Ahem. You are Entitled to have fun in this game. However, you aren’t Entitled to getting all the best drops because you want them.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Gobhoblin.7582

Gobhoblin.7582

If only the drop rate was as frequent as the threads complaining about it…

Velcro – what a rip off…

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Its fair because both have the same chance for a precursor everytime they use the forge.

You are mixing up fairness and equality. No one ever said RNG rewards people with equal rewards all the time.

Which is why it’s a terrible and lazy mechanic and people hate it. It rewards luck and that’s it.

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Not seeing a down side to be honest.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Time for me to chime in.

Ahem. You are Entitled to have fun in this game. However, you aren’t Entitled to getting all the best drops because you want them.

If only the drop rate was as frequent as the threads complaining about it…

The problem isnt drop rates… NOT AT ALL.. THOSE ARE FINE……………..

The problem is players with 5k + game hours with 1000’s of dungeon runs, 1000’s of boss kills, doing pvp and wvw getting high ranks, doing guild events and other things have never gotten a precursor.

Where some ppl with 1-2k hours have gotten 2-3…

Its effort vs luck, there is no reward for effort BESIDES spending every cent of gold you have over months to get one.. the only thing legendary about it is your patients to horde.

This game rewards luck not skill.

I do TA aether almost everyday, Ive done it over 100x now easily, I helped a new player through it getting HIS AP for him (Ive NEVER got a weapon to drop) and he gets a Of dreams weapon…. that player was rewarded for being carried through not skill, hardwork, or even trying…

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Precursor RNG – If you state you don;t like it or believe it should be this way that’s fine it;s your opinion.

If you state it’s unfair also state by what definition is it unfair? I doubt the % chance of obtaining one is skewed in a discriminatory or partial manner based on account.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Precursors Drop Rate

Faux.1937

Precursor RNG – If you state you don;t like it or believe it should be this way that’s fine it;s your opinion

If you state it’s unfair also state by what definition is it unfair? I doubt the % chance of obtaining one is skewed in a discriminatory or partial manner based on account.

Im saying its unfair not b.c some ppl get 1 and others dont, thats what RNG means.

I feel its unfair b.c players spent 10x the amount playing, working MUCH harder (Learn the game, trying to get better, helping other etc..) never get one where other can get one for basically just getting on once a week kill a random mob, have it drop and never care….

SAB or RIOT

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

The beauty of the pre is that, if you are not lucky enough to have one drop, you can always buy one. With 5000+ hours played, even if you only banked 25-30s an hour, you would have enough to buy any pre in the game right now. The system works fine.

Precursors Drop Rate

Faux.1937

The beauty of the pre is that, if you are not lucky enough to have one drop, you can always buy one. With 5000+ hours played, even if you only banked 25-30s an hour, you would have enough to buy any pre in the game right now. The system works fine.

Tell that to WvW and pvp players.

In a game where you should be able to play the style you like (Pve vs WvW vs PvP) that anet says you can do. Its hard to even get 90% the stuff in the game without farming a lot of PvE/dungeons and using the TP smartly.

SAB or RIOT

Precursors Drop Rate

SRoode.7318

“Play the way you want” does not equal “and get everything you want”. If you like to play WvW and PvP, there are things you get that PVE players don’t, like Badges. Also, if you like Fractals, you get Ascended item drops, PVE players do not. To make my Legendary Weapons, I had to do things I did not “want” to do, like play PVE for badges, play Dungeons for tokens, do map completion (including all of WvW). But, I did it because I wanted to make my own Legendary.

All I’m saying is that if you want a pre bad enough, with 5000+ hours played, you should easily have made enough gold to buy one and be done with it.

Precursors Drop Rate

Faux.1937

“Play the way you want” does not equal “and get everything you want”. If you like to play WvW and PvP, there are things you get that PVE players don’t, like Badges. Also, if you like Fractals, you get Ascended item drops, PVE players do not. To make my Legendary Weapons, I had to do things I did not “want” to do, like play PVE for badges, play Dungeons for tokens, do map completion (including all of WvW). But, I did it because I wanted to make my own Legendary.

All I’m saying is that if you want a pre bad enough, with 5000+ hours played, you should easily have made enough gold to buy one and be done with it.

The point of this isnt “You played long enough you can buy one on your own stop QQ’ing” its the fact that the system is flawed and players are being rewarded terribly, if you dont think thats true then there is no point for me to talk to you anymore about this.

SAB or RIOT

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Most people know me as a big supporter of the game, but even I don’t like the precusor drop rates…and I got one.

But I play a LOT of hours.

Precursors Drop Rate

Bread.7516

Precursor RNG – If you state you don;t like it or believe it should be this way that’s fine it;s your opinion

Im saying its unfair not b.c some ppl get 1 and others dont, thats what RNG means.

I feel its unfair b.c players spent 10x the amount playing, working MUCH harder (Learn the game, trying to get better, helping other etc..) never get one where other can get one for basically just getting on once a week kill a random mob, have it drop and never care….

It was a generally directed statement.

Your opinion would be that it is not the right way to do it (pre drop using RNG system) which is fine, but by definition it is not “unfair” since it’s equal opportunity (please correct my terminology when im using it wrong)

(edited by Bread.7516)

Precursors Drop Rate

Faux.1937

It was a generally directed statement.

Your opinion would be that it is not the right way to do it (pre drop using RNG system) which is fine, but by definition it is not “unfair” since it’s equal opportunity (please correct my terminology when im using it wrong)

RNG is fair if its true RNG… But (I might be wrong so please help find the right answer) Ive read someone that GW2 RNG still has variables that change during gameplay, if this is true then its not true RNG (I know it can never be true RNG, but giving a changing variable, depending on what that Variable is could be HUGE in “fair” factor).

SAB or RIOT

Precursors Drop Rate

Bread.7516

RNG is fair if its true RNG… But (I might be wrong so please help find the right answer) Ive read someone that GW2 RNG still has variables that change during gameplay, if this is true then its not true RNG (I know it can never be true RNG, but giving a changing variable, depending on what that Variable is could be HUGE in “fair” factor).

Well they are merely speculation of “I feel like it’s this” and lacks evidence. The variables that affect the RNG such as magic find should still be considered fair since raising their MF% is achievable by everyone.

I would really doubt that the RNG discriminates between accounts because such a malicious implementation would really not serve much purpose.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Didis.3984

Didis.3984

Could it just be that some people’s character/account are broken. Like an integrity flaw in the database, corruption in the account data resulting in lesser good drops.
I play a lot with guildies. With the addition of the collections there is a new goal. But then , i could better not start doing these scavenging hunts. Because firstly i get a Diminishing Returns on the Rhendak chest, secondly one of the guildies get’s always the nice loot, Rhendak’s exotic, Rotbeards treassure, fractal skins, black salvage kits with the dailies..and always exotics, rares when we doing things together. And i stick with whites, blues and greens.

A fine example that it is more and more demotivating for me to to play this nice game…when seeing the linking in the chat by the same friends when they get a nice drop again.
Today i disconnected from Teamspeak, and exiting the game, when he found another fine example of loot…and linked it in the chat. I was furious, steam out of my ears.

With 3800hours of play, 760 days of adventuring , the fun fades away…and i believe i am cursed in game to get nice loot like a collection item for treassure hunter or a precursor drop.. Is it intended that Arenanet only wants lucky people to play their game…then i should read the book The secret. maybe then i will dibanded of my “wii flag”. Google for it to know what t is.

And saving pennies for a precursor, is unreasonable…10 gold max per day by events makes it 130 days to get my wish the legend. But i know that prices will be pumped up when i reach 130 days. So why should i even start.

Economy is broken…getting pre cursor’s is broken, loot is broken…and still i play…why i ask myself.

Leader of Lowland Lions [LLL]

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Yeah it works “just fine” but that doesn’t mean it’s not the most boring uninspired mechanic ever put into place in a video game.

I gave up on ever getting a legendary weapon simply because it’s the most boring thing I could ever imagine doing with my time. I would literally rather watch paint dry, or grass grow over trying to grind out gold to get a precursor weapon.

That coupled with the fact that the precursor weapon is just one small part of a legendary yet it’s the biggest road block.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Ever heard of the game lotto ?

I play since 62 years lotto and never won the jackpot.
Last week a 23 year old punk won twice…………

I guess thats unfair………..

See what i did???

(edited by Kurrilino.2706)

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

334% MF at all times (304% base magic find, 20%+ mf amulet, 10% mf guild buff)… 370%+ when buffed… no precursor drop yet…

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

Precursors Drop Rate

SRoode.7318

I gave up on ever getting a legendary weapon simply because it’s the most boring thing I could ever imagine doing with my time. I would literally rather watch paint dry, or grass grow over trying to grind out gold to get a precursor weapon.

Is it more boring than complaining about it on a website?

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Is it more boring than complaining about it on a website?

I would say that’s an accurate assessment.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Dzebra.7243

Dzebra.7243

Hey guys, wanted to give my input on this. I personally have played for a year now and since i have started i have mystic forged 7 precursors and i had 1 drop recently out of AC. The chances of a drop are so low that i cant begin to describe how lucky i got. Later that day i had gotten Zap, and the next morning i had gotten Colossus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC7lOsIYYzI here is a link to my video about it. Would like to know other peoples thoughts on this. Seems to me that precursor drops are not that rare. And yes i understand the percentages.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Heh… Lately everyone around me has been getting precursors. Makes me wonder if they did increase the rate slightly.

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Hey guys, wanted to give my input on this. I personally have played for a year now and since i have started i have mystic forged 7 precursors and i had 1 drop recently out of AC. The chances of a drop are so low that i cant begin to describe how lucky i got. Later that day i had gotten Zap, and the next morning i had gotten Colossus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC7lOsIYYzI here is a link to my video about it. Would like to know other peoples thoughts on this. Seems to me that precursor drops are not that rare. And yes i understand the percentages.

You’re extremely lucky is what it comes down to.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Tried my luck in the forge tonight. 500 rare great swords, 40 exotic great swords. Nothing. All swords & money down the drain. That’s RNG for you. Not sure which is worse, the mystic toilet or hoping one will drop from some random mob or event.

Precursors Drop Rate

fellyn.5083

Tried my luck in the forge tonight. 500 rare great swords, 40 exotic great swords. Nothing. All swords & money down the drain. That’s RNG for you. Not sure which is worse, the mystic toilet or hoping one will drop from some random mob or event.

If you give up or stop caring (or both) you won’t have to be disappointed. That’s what I did and it’s working out great so far.

That being said I still want to see the entire system revamped.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ever heard of the game lotto ?

I play since 62 years lotto and never won the jackpot.
Last week a 23 year old punk won twice…………

I guess thats unfair………..

See what i did???

Only difference here is Lotto isn’t your main mode of living your life.
Translated my normal mode of playing this game’s content should not be a Lotto. Mystic Forge is the lotto of the game.

Besides participating for half a century in lotto i think u actually worked at a real job in paralel. U should know pretty well if u perform and dedicate a lot at your work place, u get rewarded for various reasons in time. That is the comparison u should have used. This is in no way the case in this game.

“work” = normal gameplay.
“lottery” = mystic forge.

Precursors Drop Rate

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Precursors are a mess. Don’t go for a legendary if you don’t like the skin and even if you like it. It’s not worth it.