Precursors... People Chill Out Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

An extremely hot topic amongst GW2 players is legendaries and in particular precursors

I think most everyone can agree that they need to be easier to obtain, but not so easy that everyone suddenly has a precourser,

The solution? Is already in development people!

The precourser scavenger hunt!

This is something the devs are working on to help with nerfing the precourser price,
and from the time its taking to be made it tells me that they are taking it extremely seriously, and its also the reason I am not complaining about legendaries anymore
I suggest that we wait and ask the dev’s for possibly more info about the scavenger hunt and a possible release date (politely)

What should we do in the time it will take for the scavenger hunt to finish?

Farm for the other parts of the legendary, I know of alot of people that are farming for precoursers FIRST
People the other sections (the 3 gifts) are very obtainable farm for them and if you already have all 3? I guess keep farming or if you feel like it try to get 2 sets of the 3 gifts for a second legendary

but I digress

please people just chill out and try to hold out for the scavenger hunt and maybe try to get more information on it.

EDIT: I am now aware no mention of a precourser scavanger hunt was made…
now I see why people are a little bit upset but I KNOW that the scavenger hunt is being worked on slowly

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Um, I don’t recall ever hearing that it was officially being worked on, or even picked as the solution to the precurser issue. The last I recall hearing about it was in a very vague “it’s one possible solution” kind of way.

While I agree with you, and am actively storing mats towards the other parts, Unless and Until there is official word to the effect that a solution is actively in the works, then there’s really no point in farming the other stuff either.
Because honestly if they don’t fix the precurser issue the chances of a legendary are nil for me, so if I were to grind out, farm, buy all the other parts only to have them come out six months down the road and say the precurser fix had been scrapped and they weren’t going to be changing anything, I’d just be that much more angry.
As it is I can walk away because I’m not invested in it, and only allow myself to put aside small amounts at a time.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

“Hey guys,

Just a quick update on where the whole scavenger hunt system stands since I know that’s a topic many of you have brought up recently. We’re not currently actively working on building any sort of legendary precursor scavenger hunt, this is something we want to do in the future and we’re in the midst of designing how this would function, but no one is actively building this feature and you should not expect in the Jan/Feb/March releases at this point.

ColinJohanson"
2013/01/11 03:47:01 PM

Because something is taking a long time you assume it must be good?

Once aboard the Titanic
First mate: The repairs seem to be taking a long time
Captain: they must be doing a great job.

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Moxtidus.4576

Moxtidus.4576

Everybody already have a legendary.

If not, they just miss the precursor.

Sfr

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Looking forward to finishing Bifrost. 3 gifts, awaiting precursor since February.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

funny thing is, as soon as something happens to precursors someone will make a complain thread about it. Complaining is an endless cycle.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

funny thing is, as soon as something happens to precursors someone will make a complain thread about it. Complaining is an endless cycle.

Absolutely much much less people will do that, it is by far worse as it stands NOW. No really, it’s terrible the way it is.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Be chill guys, be chill!

Attachments:

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Scavenger hunt is a little late to the party, if it even comes. Then if they make it much easier to get than the current method, its going to receive some justified rage from people who worked hard grinding the gold to buy one off the TP.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Absolutely much much less people will do that, it is by far worse as it stands NOW. No really, it’s terrible the way it is.

i know, i’m close to juggernaut myself, just some humor while i wait.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

I wonder if whichever Dev said they would / confirmed they were working on the Scavenger Hunt on the forums is regretting it yet?

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Then if they make it much easier to get than the current method, its going to receive some justified rage from people who worked hard grinding the gold to buy one off the TP.

I don’t think the rage would be justified. Anyone not bright enough to realize spending 1500g + for their legendary on the TP is just fighting against themselves.

You characters legendary weapon should be something your character earns for themselves. And there should be a reasonable way to obtain it.

Buying things is no fun. Earning them in game is what makes the game fun. When you remove the ability to earn items for yourself, you’ve taken the fun out of the game.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

I wonder if whichever Dev said they would / confirmed they were working on the Scavenger Hunt on the forums is regretting it yet?

Well they originally mentioned it in a newspost in November I believe. I think it was Colin that said it wasn’t currently in development, just talking phase.

It won’t be out for 6 months at the minimum. They haven’t even really mentioned it lately.

sostronk.8167

Then if they make it much easier to get than the current method, its going to receive some justified rage from people who worked hard grinding the gold to buy one off the TP.

I don’t think the rage would be justified. Anyone not bright enough to realize spending 1500g + for their legendary on the TP is just fighting against themselves.

You characters legendary weapon should be something your character earns for themselves. And there should be a reasonable way to obtain it.

Buying things is no fun. Earning them in game is what makes the game fun. When you remove the ability to earn items for yourself, you’ve taken the fun out of the game.

Oh, I was talking about the precursor, which is what scavenger hunt is for. Not the legendary.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I never wanted one, they are all incredibly ugly…

My issue is everything else that needs lodestones now may as well be a legendary too, because they cost a similar price and are just as hard to get, which is stupid..

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

crap… didn’t read that part about the “no precourser scavenger” part…
thanks for pointing it out anyway
I’m thinking its time for a long vacation from GW2 at least until the precoursers are a little bit more obtainable,
but once again people chill out

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

This…so true.

Anet seem to think that RNG makes people happy. Mystic forge and stuff like Black Lion Chest randomness is just a way to make players quit and they still haven’t realised this yet.

I haven’t spent a cent on this game since the debacle that was BLack Lion/Mad King Chests, I and will not spend another cent until they fix this ridiculous RNG BS.

I’ve poured hundreds of gold into the forge trying to get Hunter for my legendary rifle, I’ve had everything else since late December last year.

What a joke…

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

They should just make precursors makeable. Say they introduce new legendary weapons and for example volcanus will be the precursor of the new legendary. Now we can actuly achieve and actuly work for the precursor instead of grinding blood and sweat for gold or having a lucky drop. I wouldnt mind makin the precursors and then the legendary because as of now its lame how the precursors are obtained.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

The truth is extremely hard to find, and once found, to keep track of.
So I’ll repost what I had posted in another thread about precursors and scavenger hunts and the little bit of info we do have from the devs…

Lindsey Murdock, October 2012

We’ve seen players discussing the topic of crafting legendary precursor weapons and claiming that we’ve made changes to make this more difficult. We’d like to be clear that we did not make any across the board changes to reduce the drop rate, nor was it our intention to significantly increase the difficulty in acquiring these precursor weapons.

We did fix a few bugged recipes that were rewarding Legendary precursors more often than they should have been. These recipes were mostly using Rares in the level 70-75 range and mostly affected the precursors for the greatswords and the dagger. This has had some effect on the drop rate when using lower level rares to attempt to get a precursor but it was never intended for that to be the best way of acquiring these weapons. The recipes for throwing in level 80 exotics have not changed at all.

We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any adjustments we feel are necessary.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Official-Response-Drop-Rate-of-Legendary-Precursors/first#post378176

(note: this when Dusk and Dawn were starting to reach 300g ea)

John Smith, November 2012

We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time. To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Recent-Market-Shifts-Follow-up-Precursors/first#post682213

(note: next build above = karka event)

Lindsey Murdock, November 2012

I am definitely working on the precursor scavenger hunt, but like others have said, things like this take time and I want to get it right. Not to mention, it’s not the only thing on my plate. Please do not expect to see the precursor scavenger hunt in the next patch. I may be awesome, but I am still only human and this is a fairly large amount of work to get done and done right. Please be patient!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Patch-fixing-precursors/first#post761776

Colin Johanson, December 2012

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on where the whole scavenger hunt system stands since I know that’s a topic many of you have brought up recently. We’re not currently actively working on building any sort of legendary precursor scavenger hunt, this is something we want to do in the future and we’re in the midst of designing how this would function, but no one is actively building this feature and you should not expect in the Jan/Feb/March releases at this point.

We are however working on expanding reward systems to make them more re-rewarding across all parts of the game, making the open world more rewarding, and adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.

Some of these additions will come as early as the January release, and will get covered in more detail in the next week or two as well release all the details about this release once testing has signed off it’s all ready to go in January. (we’ll also provide a high level summary of our goals with reward systems, etc. in our 2013 blog post, which should be out next week)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Where-s-the-Scavenger-Hunt-post/first#post1190541

(edited by SadieDeAtreia.8912)

SadieDeAtreia.8912

…continued from post above

A few eyebrows were raised. Colin promptly responded with:

To clarify since I think these two statements could be confusing without context, Linsey is indeed working on designing the system by which we’d add precursor scavenger hunts to the game. We are not actively implementing that design yet, it hasn’t been finalized, and building it that will involve a much larger team.
No conflicting statements here, as a game designer when they are working on something, usually that means they are designing it, as that is their job.
Good catch and thank you for asking for clarity!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Where-s-the-Scavenger-Hunt-post/first#post1191312

Colin Johanson, December 2012

I just want to quickly clarify to set expectations, nothing in the blog post, nor nothing we’ve said anywhere has said you will be able to buy precursor items directly for crowns, this is not the case. We’ve simply said we’ll try and find some other places to add a chance to get them to the game until we’ve implemented the eventual precursor scavenger hunt.

Long term we’ll be working on the scavenger hunt concept to track down and earn a precursor item as a direct form of earning the reward. We’ll discuss that in more detail in the future once a design and implementation has been finalized.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-many-crowns-for-precurser/first#post1217085

(note: laurels were referred to as “crowns” for a short time)

And that’s most of the important bits of info we have from Anet around scavenger hunt or precursor price monitoring.

Edit:
If someone has any additional info from the devs after this, please do share. As far as I’m aware the above is all we have and the latest statements were made almost 3 months ago now.

sostronk.8167

I think you pretty much covered it SadieDeAtreia. Nice work.

Posted by: MuffinPieFace.9513

MuffinPieFace.9513

Everybody already have a legendary.

If not, they just miss the precursor.

lol not really….you must be on the cool server where everyone in lions arch has a legendary (jokes) but really no…not everyone has a legendary and not everyone has a precursor. you act as if it was THAT easy to get, which it’s not.

I think you miss read his statement…yes, not everyone has a legendary. I think he was just exaggerating a bit, ok a lot.

About the precursor, I think he was trying to say that a lot of people are only missing the precursor…which if you read a lot of post is true for a lot of people…like me.

This is kind of off subject now but I think he was saying:
Everyone either has a legendary or their are [only] missing the precursor.

I bought the game two months ago and I am now extremely close to getting a legendary, I haven’t started throwing many rares or exotics into the forge yet, but you guys are making me worry about the precursor!

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Playing devils advocate here but what exactly is the difference between say having to farm gold to buy mats to craft a precursor assuming they put in a recipe vs farming gold to just buy a precursor since atm it seems like precursors have kinda stabilized in price. Like someone said a few posts up, make Volcanus a precursor for a new legendary but then you would just need to farm gold to buy all the mats to make that since we all know the drop rates for T6 mats is pretty abysmal.

I personally see no problem with precursors being around 400-500g since afterall, they are supposed to take time and dedication and not be an instant gratification item.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I personally see no problem with precursors being around 400-500g since afterall, they are supposed to take time and dedication and not be an instant gratification item.

400-500g is a bit high, I can deal with it if an npc sells them. people have been put off by the constant increase in prices. Like the colossus is now 750g or something last time i checked.

Having a goal to work for is not a bad idea even if it takes a long time. When the goal seems to be further away every time you look at it (especially when someone is benefiting from your effort), that is just frustrating.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

The answer is simple:

Make a free roll at a precursor daily, even if it is 1 in 1000 chance.

Will get people logging in daily (content can get them doing different things to remain logged in), if you are unlucky then hopefully after logging in every single day for 3 years you should strike Gold. It’s an already RNG item so no harm there, but at least you will KNOW if you are dedicated to the game then a precursor will eventually come to you (I’m talking about any precursor – if you get trident after 3 years of trying then you can in fact cry then).

Posted by: mellonkitty.6027

mellonkitty.6027

Having a goal to work for is not a bad idea even if it takes a long time. When the goal seems to be further away every time you look at it (especially when someone is benefiting from your effort), that is just frustrating.

This. this and so many times this. It’s like chasing the horizon… with every step I take, the goal is one step further away. I don’t mind saving over the long haul, but when I see ‘The Lover’ going for nearly 700g now, roughly 200g more than it was a mere week ago, the idea of making the journey to purchase it just isn’t fun anymore.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

This is your daily reminder that gold sellers artificially inflate the prices to make you spend real dosh on them.

Posted by: Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

I don’t have a legendary, I don’t even have a precursor. I might plan to get one at some point.
They shouldn’t be easier to get, it wouldn’t be fair to those who already worked hard to get one and those who is working on getting it, and in a year those who want one got one.
With that said, it could had been done in another way, because I think it’s very confusing or add more options to get one.

Legacy Of [MARA] & Scions Of [MARA] ~Gunnar’ Hold Descendants Of [MARA] ~Yak’s Bend
www.gwmara.com

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

If they introduce some easier way to get precusor, many people will get legendary and then they will soon se there isn’t much to do but grind for legendary, so they will probably quit. That’s why arenanet will not introduce this. (at least not until Epic Legendary comes out)

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

‘worked hard to get one’

Is the problem here. as its just a lottery. Some people probably got them with putting under 20g into forge or a lucky drop – others grinding gold 10+ hours a day and wasted 400+.
I guess you can argue that just grinding the tp price is a goal. But i dont think such a big rng is fair. We are talking 500+ hours of gametime requirement deceided by rng.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have a precusor (two actually) and I agree with Sazgo. It’s not fair to people. I was lucky and had my precusor drop during the Karka event. I was lucky enough to get one I could actually use. I bought a cheap one (relatively cheap) off the trading post. It’s cheap because it’s an underwater one. People don’t like those as much because they can’t walk around LA showing off, but I think the skin is awesome.

But I don’t think the way it stands now is fair to people, and I can certainly see why people are frustrated.

Posted by: Shadow.4871

Shadow.4871

Haha you people act like they most people farm, news update they don’t.

One word: Gems

There’s only one..

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Actually, with Tier 6 Mats prices going out of hand, a Gift of Fortune costs just as much as a Precursor. Average price of T6 Mats are around 18s, 2000 of them is 360 gold. ~500 globs is around 150 gold…

Precursor and Gift of Fortune both are 1/4 of the Legendary. Gift of Mastery is a freebie, and the Legendary-specific gifts varies but iirc none of which are more than Gift of Fortune due to the reduced Lodestone prices.

Making a legendary is a time commitment, or time/money commitment for people using gem conversions. If there will be a scavenger hunt, it will be in a way that won’t make precursors commonplace.

There will always be people on forums saying how it’s hard or impossible for them to get a legendary because they don’t play enough or whatever. That’s how it is in an MMO. You have to have endgame items that take long to acquire or the hardcore portion of the playerbase gets bored and leave.

Side note, Legendaries are actually extremely easy to get compared to endgame items in most other MMOs…and they are cosmetic.

(edited by Orpheus.7284)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

That’s if you even have to use lodes to craft it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

and i tough they were easy to make, since i see so manny!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

Please keep this thread going. This is the latest I found.
2-20-13

http://dragonseason.com/Front/tabid/124/EntryId/212/Lunch-with-Colin-Johanson-Part-III.aspx

========
“Precursors. A little while ago there was mention that there were going to be other ways to get hold of precursors, like through the scavenger hunt.

Colin: Someday yes.

Someday. So no plans for the immediate future?

Colin: We’ve thrown in a few more RNG ways to get them, like random chances for places they could go in the game recently, but that’s not the real solution. That’s just a “hey lets just increase the number of places people can earn them at this point”. The fixes for qualifying for loot that will go in the February release will also increase the chances you can get precursors ‘cause it means you have a higher chance of rolling for loot in every creature that you kill. Which means you have a higher chance of getting a precursor. So that will help as well. But long term we’d like to do something that’s a little bit more epic, where there’s a clear path of “here’s everything you need to do and when you complete it, you automatically get a precursor.” We’re not working on that right now, we’re really trying to design what that would be, but yeah certainly at some point we will create a system that allows you to do that."
========

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Thanks Kelly, nice find.

I’d love some more info from the devs around the increased RNG methods of obtaining these weapons though. If you look at the precursor quantity and prices on the TP it really doesn’t look like whatever was added/changed had any real effect on the market.

So the immediate question is: Will there be more changes in coming updates or was this it, until the full roll-out of the precursor scavenger hunt?

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I have a precusor (two actually) and I agree with Sazgo. It’s not fair to people. I was lucky and had my precusor drop during the Karka event. I was lucky enough to get one I could actually use. I bought a cheap one (relatively cheap) off the trading post. It’s cheap because it’s an underwater one. People don’t like those as much because they can’t walk around LA showing off, but I think the skin is awesome.

But I don’t think the way it stands now is fair to people, and I can certainly see why people are frustrated.

Let me know where I can farm up some luck to be on par with yours. See, I’ve worked to generate a ton of gold only to pour that down the toilet. I don’t mind the working. Where can I work to get an RNG benefit?

The real question is, what’s more important my work or your luck? Which is more valuable and which should the game focus on rewarding?

I think a good balance would be, if the game allowed you to get lucky, but also allowed a definite means to progress toward the goal. Then it’s the best of both worlds. As it stands right now, I could toss 500 more staves or just 4 before I get the legend. That kind of situation eventually leads to frustration. But heck, if they don’t fix this can they at least give us another endgame goal?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

(edited by SteepledHat.1345)

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

precursors should only be made available to people who can solo arah dungeon

legendary should be account bound

that would ensure the legendary rarity and the prestige of having one

even paris hilton can have 6 legendary weapons now if she wants to even though her account might only have a lvl 2 asura with 1hr total gameplay time

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

even paris hilton can have 6 legendary weapons now if she wants to even though her account might only have a lvl 2 asura with 1hr total gameplay time

Just so we’re clear, you’re one of these people who can solo Arah?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Just so we’re clear, you’re one of these people who can solo Arah?

Nopes I don’t have the skills to do it.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Let me know where I can farm up some luck to be on par with yours. See, I’ve worked to generate a ton of gold only to pour that down the toilet. I don’t mind the working. Where can I work to get an RNG benefit?

The real question is, what’s more important my work or your luck? Which is more valuable and which should the game focus on rewarding?

I think a good balance would be, if the game allowed you to get lucky, but also allowed a definite means to progress toward the goal. Then it’s the best of both worlds. As it stands right now, I could toss 500 more staves or just 4 before I get the legend. That kind of situation eventually leads to frustration. But heck, if they don’t fix this can they at least give us another endgame goal?

And that’s why i’ve been patiently waiting for the precursors to finally drop to a reasonable price Right now, i actually enjoy the inflation though. It acts as excellent gold sinks (more people who spend on it the better) and I personally like to see at what stage do people say “no, this is too much, i’ll wait too”

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I am pretty much done with gathering things for my Legendary except for the Precursor I need. I’ve been after it since November.- The precursor that is.
If there was a way to maybe zoom in on the drop of precursor you need- that would be great- but implementing it with out making it too easy would be another idea.
In WvW I got a useless precursor I didn’t need and sold it but it still doesnt make finding the one I need any easier.
Waiting for the price to ‘drop’ seems easy enough when in which it will not drop in fact it will only go up.
So my only option is to keep farming I guess….
Do you think magic find helps any?? lol..

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

“Hey guys,

ColinJohanson"
2013/01/11 03:47:01 PM

Because something is taking a long time you assume it must be good?

Once aboard the Titanic
First mate: The repairs seem to be taking a long time
Captain: they must be doing a great job.

It helps,to be optimistic in troubled times!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Sauzo.6821

Actually if you buy gems and convert to gold to buy a precursor, you’re crazy. That’s like $400+ real cash to buy just the precursor. You can easily grind 10g a day just playing casual. In 1 month you could 300g and that’s assuming you don’t get any lucky drops. So really in 2 months you can buy a precursor. I don’t see the problem with 2 months work for a precursor. Only problem I see is how they “randomly” jump up in price but if you save up 500g and put in a buy offer, I bet you would get one.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Actually if you buy gems and convert to gold to buy a precursor, you’re crazy. That’s like $400+ real cash to buy just the precursor. You can easily grind 10g a day just playing casual. In 1 month you could 300g and that’s assuming you don’t get any lucky drops. So really in 2 months you can buy a precursor. I don’t see the problem with 2 months work for a precursor. Only problem I see is how they “randomly” jump up in price but if you save up 500g and put in a buy offer, I bet you would get one.

Shortly after launch, I may have agreed with this. But after all the nerfs to Orr etc… I’d really like to know how playing casual will nett you 10g a day.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Two words: Trading Post

Make sure you don your Armani suit so you can fit in with all the other power-brokers.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

i will not chill.

Sauzo.6821

Shortly after launch, I may have agreed with this. But after all the nerfs to Orr etc… I’d really like to know how playing casual will nett you 10g a day.

Well, doing Ori runs with 3 toons will make you 4g+ and that takes about 40 mins or so. Run a couple CoF P1s, HoTW P1, SE P1/3 and assuming you get no rares from any of that, that’s still around 3g or so. So that’s like 7g for about 2 hours. Add in the tokens from COF and HoTW being traded for rare armor to salvage to ecto to sell and bam, you got 8gish. Couple that with some DEs or more CoF P1 and you can pull 10g.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Well, doing Ori runs with 3 toons will make you 4g+ and that takes about 40 mins or so. Run a couple CoF P1s, HoTW P1, SE P1/3 and assuming you get no rares from any of that, that’s still around 3g or so. So that’s like 7g for about 2 hours. Add in the tokens from COF and HoTW being traded for rare armor to salvage to ecto to sell and bam, you got 8gish. Couple that with some DEs or more CoF P1 and you can pull 10g.

Who told you that dedicating 2 hours per day, 30 days per month, is even close to a casual time investment?

Casual means less that 1h, probably fragmented, 3-4 days a week.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto