Precursors: Will it ever end?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Since the game came out 5 months ago, the price of precursors has risen about 100g a month (source gw2 spidy), more so even in the last two months. Right now precursors like the legend, dusk, and dawn are around the 600-700g mark, 100g more than they were at the beginning of january. When will it end?
The problem is that a few very wealthy people can completely control the market for precursors, and everyone’s progress towards a legendary is gated through this step. Extremely wealthy people can buy up all of a given precursor (for reference, there is a combined total of 12 dusks+dawns+legends on the TP), and resell them at whatever price they want to make a profit. And people will have to pay that price.
This is not fair, and it has to end now.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

With the current system: No, it will not end.

That is why we need to rally and push for change. Please leave some comments in this thread if you have a few minutes…

(edited by SadieDeAtreia.8912)

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

With CoF p1 farm (people making 50-100g in a day), currency is being a bit inflated thats why the price is going up.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No one is making 50-100g a day. That’s a flat out lie. If they were Anet would have changed it by now.

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

With CoF p1 farm (people making 50-100g in a day), currency is being a bit inflated thats why the price is going up.

Yea farming cof p1 is good farm, but 50-100g, due DR you are making this up .

Posted by: herrooneoone.4012

herrooneoone.4012

wow your missing out. 20-30g in about 3-4 hours… and that was bad

Posted by: Konde.8594

Konde.8594

There IS a limit. When the prices reach 500~600g for a precursor, you should try the mystic forge.

Posted by: figjam.5296

figjam.5296

^^lot of users have wasted 300-400g+ on mystic forge and got 0 precursor..

OT: Price won’t drop till Anet does something about it.

It’s so bland..some people really hard working towards Legendary and don’t have precursor..and some people just throw few rare/exotic and gets precursor within few tries.

Make it available for everyone..for xxx amounts of mats, gifts, etc..

The evil never ends. Just evolves.
Dungeon Master
Been there. Done that.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

It’s so bland..some people really hard working towards Legendary and don’t have precursor..and some people just throw few rare/exotic and gets precursor within few tries.

Yep, after the gift of mastery you could just toss crap into the forge the rest of the way. Get two of any of the great sword, staff, Long Bow precursors and you’re basically done with your legendary. Just a modest amount of gold left to grind.

So epic.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

The “joy” of RNG loot based systems …..

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Yep, after the gift of mastery you could just toss crap into the forge the rest of the way. Get two of any of the great sword, staff, Long Bow precursors and you’re basically done with your legendary. Just a modest amount of gold left to grind.

So epic.

There’s nothing epic about grinding gold for hours on end or being lucky either.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

The fact is people are just plain greedy i bet most of those folks already got a legendary and now they just want to gain more and more gold and for what. I can promise you one thing as a person that dont really care for legendaries if i ever get a precursor i would sure as hell not sell it on the tp for 600g like some money hungry fool. Id sell it privatly at 200g maby 250g thats enough to fully gear all my caracters and buy all the ugrades i want. Nobody needs 600g

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Some people play the game and try to buy the precursor in a legit way.

Some speculate on TP, playing in spreadsheets, driving prices higher and higher, getting even richer and controlling the market with unhealthy amounts of gold.

“Good economy”. Yeah right.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Since the game came out 5 months ago, the price of precursors has risen about 100g a month (source gw2 spidy), more so even in the last two months. Right now precursors like the legend, dusk, and dawn are around the 600-700g mark, 100g more than they were at the beginning of january. When will it end?
The problem is that a few very wealthy people can completely control the market for precursors, and everyone’s progress towards a legendary is gated through this step. Extremely wealthy people can buy up all of a given precursor (for reference, there is a combined total of 12 dusks+dawns+legends on the TP), and resell them at whatever price they want to make a profit. And people will have to pay that price.
This is not fair, and it has to end now.

You’re making several glaring mistakes.
1/ you’re not required to buy a precursor from them.
2/ you’re not required to make Twilight or another expensive one. There are cheaper alternatives. If you want the Ferrari of legendaries, you pay the price.
3/ someone else could easily undercut them if cheaper is the correct price.
4/ you could make a precursor yourself in the Mystic Forge if you believe that’s cheaper than buying. You may find though that Dusk is pretty much priced correctly.
5/ you don’t even need a legendary weapon to begin with. A 2g exotic will do just fine. Better actually due to optimized stats.

Let’s be blunt here. You want a legendary, you don’t need it. Furthermore you’re not willing to spend a 1000g in the Mystic Forge so you complain about someone putting it up for 800g, probably making a loss in the process. Not only that, you only want the most expensive one, instead of going for something you might actually be able to afford.

Price manipulation only works if someone is willing to pay the higher price, which means the higher price was correct to begin with.

There’s a reason I don’t drive a Ferrari. There’s a reason I’m not going for Twilight.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: marc.6380

marc.6380

i tried that mystic forge thing

got The Hunter….. ,,,, ………. …………..

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

i tried that mystic forge thing

got The Hunter….. ,,,, ………. …………..

Yeah and I tried that hundreds of times

got The Nothing …….. ,,,, .. ;:;.,,. , ,. . .. ,

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

marnick.4305

Some people play the game and try to buy the precursor in a legit way.

Some speculate on TP, playing in spreadsheets, driving prices higher and higher, getting even richer and controlling the market with unhealthy amounts of gold.

Speculation is gambling. Someone who speculates loses money just as much as someone speculating on the slots machines in Vegas. What you really meant is people investing in underpriced goods and making money out of money. Which is a sign the economy is healthy. Such things are impossible in broken economies.

“Good economy”. Yeah right.

glad you agree.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Isslair.4908

Well, no.

You don’t understand. These people don’t actually play the game. they spend all their free time refreshing the TP. The moment someone will try to undercut them, they’ll just buy out the cheap Precursor and then re-sell it for a high price.

It’s true that Precursors are rare and should be expensive.

But currently TP prices are dictated by monopolists, not by people who actually aqurie those Precusrors. And that’s dumb.

To counter it Anet should either increase the amount of Precursors in-game (the so called Scavenge Hunt) or just make them less RNG in the long run (like making a Precursors cost 365 laurels or something like that).

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

Posted by: Vagrantly.8670

Vagrantly.8670

I bought the game on the day of its release. Soon after, due to personal business, I had to leave. A few months later, I come back, and the precursors shot up in price by 10×. I had plans to make a legendary, but now, I don’t think that will ever happen. One reason for me to quit while I’m ahead, or this game will just suck the life out of me. Grinding day in day out for half a year, just for a stupid end game skin just isn’t worth it. Hope there is a fix to this because this is perfectly reflecting the messed up reality where the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I bought the game on the day of its release. Soon after, due to personal business, I had to leave. A few months later, I come back, and the precursors shot up in price by 10×. I had plans to make a legendary, but now, I don’t think that will ever happen. One reason for me to quit while I’m ahead, or this game will just suck the life out of me. Grinding day in day out for half a year, just for a stupid end game skin just isn’t worth it. Hope there is a fix to this because this is perfectly reflecting the messed up reality where the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Honestly? You should leave the game if it affects you like that.
I wasted one Dusk by accident in the Mystic Forge and my legendary Twilight now is exotic Twilight of Accuracy and here I am, far away from letting this game suck the life out of me or crying about the fact that I destroyed my “Ferrari”.
Just enjoy the game at its best and if on the go you happen to get a legendary, well great. If not, well Tyria has more to offer than purple weapons.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

marnick.4305

Well, no.

You don’t understand. These people don’t actually play the game. they spend all their free time refreshing the TP. The moment someone will try to undercut them, they’ll just buy out the cheap Precursor and then re-sell it for a high price.

You’re the one who doesn’t understand. Relisting an item at 800g incurs a 15% loss or 120g. If you undercut by 50g, he can’t buy you out since he’ll lose more than he can potentially make. When several people do so, getting the overpriced precursors sold is almost impossible for the manipulator without losing huge amounts of gold.

It’s true that Precursors are rare and should be expensive.

But currently TP prices are dictated by monopolists, not by people who actually aqurie those Precusrors. And that’s dumb.

A trade always has 2 people. If you don’t agree to the trade, simply don’t make it. Force these manipulators out of the market by not working with them. If you buy their items, you agree to their price. As such, the price is dictated by the market which is the collective of both buyers and sellers.

You can influence the price by not buying it.

To counter it Anet should either increase the amount of Precursors in-game (the so called Scavenge Hunt) or just make them less RNG in the long run (like making a Precursors cost 365 laurels or something like that).

Or you could just stop QQing and take action yourself. Depending on a.net is an admission of weakness. I don’t like people who depend on others to solve their own problems. If the house you want to buy is too expensive … don’t buy the puppy house. If your job is underpaid … don’t sign the contract or quit. If your precursor is too expensive .. don’t buy it. You have a choice you know…

(edited by marnick.4305)

Posted by: scoobymode.1942

scoobymode.1942

I really would love the Incinerator dagger for my thief but in all honesty my exotic daggers are better because they offer what I need which is the power, precision and the crit damage. Plus, I could actually add extra of those stats on the upgrade slots…. But I do like that AOE fire damage bonus tho on that legendary weapon, to bad I’ll probably never get one, but I can live without it.

So, what I am saying is you could make a better weapon than buying the high price weapon and I can give a weird analogy like buying a alienware is just for the name or the brand when you could really make a better computer yourself….. But i don’t even think there is a need to say but then again reading some comments, maybe it needs to be said.

I think when it comes to games and the best of what they offer, it’s kinda like in real sometimes, you simply want the best quality and sometimes its to much and you just want what you can’t have and would be better off getting something else and twinking it out.

Isslair.4908

If you undercut by 50g, he can’t buy you out since he’ll lose more than he can potentially make.

Losing even 100 gold doesn’t matter. Precursors are not the main source of income for them, it’s just a hobby.

As such, the price is dictated by the market which is the collective of both buyers and sellers.

Unless there’s a third party, that buys from sellers for low and then sells again for high. In the same TP. So you can’t justify that by “transportation fees”. And there’ll always be a demand for precursors, cause TP is the only way around the RNG.

Now that’s really naive.

If your precursor is too expensive .. don’t buy it. You have a choice you know…

You see, precursors are just the tip of the greater picture.
I actually don’t care about legendaries at all. I have more than enough gold to buy me consumables and the only things I want are not achieved with money.
But.
In some time this game will be really uncomfortable for new players, at the rate we’re going. Most current players have some steady income and some gold to keep up with the economy.
New players would not have such a luxury. Imagine trying to level crafting with 2x costs. Only to find that there’s no profitable recipes without the gathering grind.

But you can continue to live in a dream world where prices are magically lowered just because you don’t buy anything.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: scoobymode.1942

scoobymode.1942

If you undercut by 50g, he can’t buy you out since he’ll lose more than he can potentially make.

Losing even 100 gold doesn’t matter. Precursors are not the main source of income for them, it’s just a hobby.

As such, the price is dictated by the market which is the collective of both buyers and sellers.

Unless there’s a third party, that buys from sellers for low and then sells again for high. In the same TP. So you can’t justify that by “transportation fees”. And there’ll always be a demand for precursors, cause TP is the only way around the RNG.

Now that’s really naive.

I actually don’t care about legendaries at all. I have more than enough gold to buy me consumables and the only things I want are not achieved with money.
But.
In some time this game will be really uncomfortable for new players, at the rate we’re going. Most current players have some steady income and some gold to keep up with the economy.
New players would not have such a luxury. Imagine trying to level crafting with 2x costs. Only to find that there’s no profitable recipes without the gathering grind.

But you can continue to live in a dream world where prices are magically lowered just because you don’t buy anything.

I wanna hold you

Well I wanna comment on your post, I think you went wrong saying new players won’t have the luxury of getting things later on in time, but really it’s not that hard to karma farm in Orr, nor make gold by doing those events and selling the drops and I think GW 2 is going to stay that way and make it easy for people to obtain gold, not to mention being able to buy it.

However tho what I said is true that it won’t be hard YOU are also right because I can understand, like me and you, right now can get the exotic weapons, the trinkets and what not pretty cheap you could say or reasonable to me at least. And you are right because in months from now, since that me and you have bought the gear, the trinkets, the upgrades and all that good stuff, we would have allot saved up opposed to a new player coming in when the prices may go up or down tho I personally can’t see them going up really that much BUT you gotta understand that this is what happens in all MMO’s… The older players will always have the headstart in the market, that’s just how it works.

(edited by scoobymode.1942)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

wow your missing out. 20-30g in about 3-4 hours… and that was bad

Missing out what? Boring grind?

I don’t get it why people have to “rush” for the legendary. Just let the gathering for the legendary be part of your adventure.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

in TP section, there is a dev stating that precursor are not increaseing price due to inflation….

That means that its someone controlling precursor market…

(obligitory “you don t say” meme here).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Or that the drop rate, a.k.a. supply, is horrendeously bad.

Which seems to be the case from my personal and several others experience. Then again tens in thousands doesn’t matter, coz “needs a bigger sample size”-lulz.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I really would love the Incinerator dagger for my thief but in all honesty my exotic daggers are better because they offer what I need which is the power, precision and the crit damage. Plus, I could actually add extra of those stats on the upgrade slots…. But I do like that AOE fire damage bonus tho on that legendary weapon, to bad I’ll probably never get one, but I can live without it.

So, what I am saying is you could make a better weapon than buying the high price weapon and I can give a weird analogy like buying a alienware is just for the name or the brand when you could really make a better computer yourself….. But i don’t even think there is a need to say but then again reading some comments, maybe it needs to be said.

I think when it comes to games and the best of what they offer, it’s kinda like in real sometimes, you simply want the best quality and sometimes its to much and you just want what you can’t have and would be better off getting something else and twinking it out.

the aoe fire is just a sigil, you can put that on your current daggers

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

Part of my adventuring for 5 more months just for 1 item out of ~18 (the smaller gifts that make the 3 gifts) while others got it for free/with bugs/handed-out etc/with extreme luck/because they bet against the system working properly and bought it early?

Why do I we have to feel bad for 5 more months (or do the boring grind, which I am not) and then probably start from scratch with SH just because they refuse to fix this somehow until then? I’m already waiting for 2 months with the 3 gifts to finish Twilight and start playing my lvl 80 warrior with zero world completion (like I planed because grinding/getting 250g-300g for Dusk was reasonable) – and this with 6h+ /day played.

I’m giving it 4 h max until one of those same 5 guys that keep telling us it’s fine and we should shut up posts in here.

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

lets complain about diamonds while were at it. I can’t stand the people who bought out all the diamond mines and then regulated the supply to keep prices high.. kitten broken economy.

LordByron.8369

Or that the drop rate, a.k.a. supply, is horrendeously bad.

Which seems to be the case from my personal and several others experience. Then again tens in thousands doesn’t matter, coz “needs a bigger sample size”-lulz.

no its not…

If i remember well they said its not a suppy issue either.

Btw you can easily check what happens…

Some people buy precursors and place false offers to push the price……
Following zap price/supply/deman history and its extremely clear what s happening….

@mewwilson…..your post shows lacks of informations about world…..
Diamonds are a problem……OIL is a problem.
Wars are fought over those……

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

marnick.4305

You don’t make any sense. If these people lose gold on “manipulating”, they’re actually not manipulating. I really don’t get what you’re trying to prove here but whatever it is, your arguments doesn’t hold water.

Now that’s really naive.

It actually isn’t That’s exactly how an economy works. Buy and sell listings don’t mean anything if people don’t sign them. For all you know, it’s the buy orders that make the majority of precursor trades … That would be pretty normal if the collective market sentiment is that sell orders are too high.

But.

Again … you don’t make sense. I didn’t spend more than a handful of silver on levelling my crafts because you get a lot of mats through map completion. As for making money out of crafting … that’s possible in every craft. Just do a bit of research. This is not a real problem, neither for new nor old players.

Don’t be so silly to use a strawman like that. It makes you look stupid.

In the real world, prices are set by supply and demand. Demand for overpriced goods is low, which means prices will naturally come down. Monopolies eventually fall when other groups want a share of the profits. This has nothing to do with
me not buying things and neither is it magic. It’s a law called supply and demand. This law is always obeyed by everyone, including you and your manipulators.

So while you can live in an Orwellian dreamworld where you can depend on Big Brother to set all prices, I live in the real world where the players as a group decide what a precursor’s worth. And yes, I fully expect the game to mature a bit before the prices settle on something we can all agree on.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

In this virtual world, people mistake optional luxury items as necessary and call the real necessary items trash. Like anywhere, if you want something legendary, you’ll have to work an equal amount.

Economy in general is fine, if the demand were not idiots who allowed the price to go that high, the supply would never be able to support it. Obviously, the majority of precursor buyers still think that the current prices are reasonable, thats why it hasn’t gone down.

Sure, they could put false offers up to keep the price up, but if the demand didn’t give in to it, this effect would not last long. The amount of manipulation people claim there is and the amount that actually exist are two different values, just like the amount of nerfs people claim does not reflect reality.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Isslair.4908

You don’t make any sense. If these people lose gold on “manipulating”, they’re actually not manipulating. I really don’t get what you’re trying to prove here but whatever it is, your arguments doesn’t hold water.

So you’re actually don’t understand how people “play” on TP. Or you do and just pretending.
Either way, there’s no point discussing this matter with you further.

What really happens is more like a fraud and has no relation to the theoretical “market economy”.

In the real world, prices are set by supply and demand.

Yup. Another proof of my theory.
It is only in imaginary theoretical ideal “free market” such a thing can exist.
Nor the reality, nor the game is ruled by this.

Seems you’re kinda don’t have the necessary knowledge to assess the situation or you’re just playing dumb. Either way, I’m gonna ignore you in this thread from now on.

EU Aurora Glade

LordByron.8369

In this virtual world, people mistake optional luxury items as necessary and call the real necessary items trash. Like anywhere, if you want something legendary, you’ll have to work an equal amount.

Economy in general is fine, if the demand were not idiots who allowed the price to go that high, the supply would never be able to support it. Obviously, the majority of precursor buyers still think that the current prices are reasonable, thats why it hasn’t gone down.

Sure, they could put false offers up to keep the price up, but if the demand didn’t give in to it, this effect would not last long. The amount of manipulation people claim there is and the amount that actually exist are two different values, just like the amount of nerfs people claim does not reflect reality.

you are just speculating…..there are plenty tools to check reality.
They have to do something about for many reasons….

1) legendaries are a TIER already explained why, they will Always be best in slot….and for some time only legendary owners will have BEST weapons in the game….
As said before 15 nov i didn t care for legendaries i just wanted rare exotics….

2) its not about work…the work is the remaining gifts and stuff…precursor is awarded either by luck or real moneys mostly.
But the real issue is that that work is increased 3000% over time…..incomes did not.

3) moral players knows that is unethical to buy a precursor from TP…you either feeds gold sellers or speculators.
Both makes the game worse for everybody….do you want immoral players to have an advantage in game?

4) economy is not fine……
We could argue about being one of the first reason for the decrease in game population, but we can also check tools to see what is happening.
Its something visible….

If you want few players to ruin the game for everybody to preserve your status symbol, just understand that nobody respect players because they have the symbol of what is wrong in this game…..

Also anet needs to put some sort of RISK in market manipulations to prevent excessive pricings.
Exactly as they did with lodestones.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: ADFX.6179

ADFX.6179

Someone showed me their DUSK blade recently. I just replied “eh… I can craft better.”

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I’ll have to say, that I agree with the OP in this thread…the price of pre-cursors is out of control. Within the first few days of release, we saw dusk around 100-150 gold. What is it now? 500+? The lover, the one I am after, is 400+.

I once thought that getting the materials for making the gifts would be too much of a task for me. However, lately I am finding that I am slowly doing so by playing the game. In a few months time, I’ll be close enough to consider the legendary. But then theres one big hurdle in my way: the precursor. I can dump countless rares or exotics into the mystic toilet, or spend 400+ gold on the precursor. Thats after hundreds of hours of grinding, at least 100 gold spend on the runestones(or more if I buy some of the other mats), etc.

The scavenger hunt will help, but the economist of this game needs to realize that this is not healthy. Please take action.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Dont give in and dont do it. That is the only way to stop it.
DO NOT GET A LEGENDARY.

when that stops you will see them scramble that is the only pressure that will work.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Dont give in and dont do it. That is the only way to stop it.
DO NOT GET A LEGENDARY.

when that stops you will see them scramble that is the only pressure that will work.

Not as such. Just don’t buy precursors from TP to stop the ever-raising prices. The Legend has just gone too far up from the 500g mark, it is the most stupid thing ever.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

marnick.4305

So you’re actually don’t understand how people “play” on TP. Or you do and just pretending.
Either way, there’s no point discussing this matter with you further.

What really happens is more like a fraud and has no relation to the theoretical “market economy”.

Why would it be fraud? How do you even define fraud? You take things out of context, put some loaded term on it and then stop discussing when people burst your bubble. That’s not how the world works.

I don’t play the TP but I know fully well how it works. If you choose to ignore reality, people can and will exploit your delusions.

In the real world, prices are set by supply and demand.

Yup. Another proof of my theory.
It is only in imaginary theoretical ideal “free market” such a thing can exist.
Nor the reality, nor the game is ruled by this.

Seems you’re kinda don’t have the necessary knowledge to assess the situation or you’re just playing dumb. Either way, I’m gonna ignore you in this thread from now on.

If you don’t agree with very basic, commonly understood economic principles such as supply and demand, there’s no further point in you contributing to this thread. Such basics are not up for debate at all and if you choose to ignore reality, no one can have a sensible debate with you.
Ignoring me won’t fix your daydreams and if you choose to ignore everyone who disagrees with you, you’ll find the RL and game world a very, very lonely place.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

The supply of the precursors is extremely low – on that we can all agree.

But they must have an account binding restriction on purchase off TP to prevent manipulation.
That is all.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Lol no one is making 50-100g a day just from running CoF p1. O.o

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

God I hope it doesn’t end. I still do world dragons and large chest events when I can with the hope I eventually get a precursor for the sole purpose of selling it. considering the 3% stat increase a legendary has over a standard exotic I fail to see the point in even bother with it. But so long as people are out there willing to spend 300-500g on the item I hope I get one as 500g in dyes and I may just get the color I’ve been looking for in triplicate so all my alts can have it (please, for all that is holy, make dyes account wide!)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It will end when the average price of creating a precursor in the mystic forge is less then the average price on the TP.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Well ANet could always change the TP to where an item has to be relisted every week. That way people trying to charge crazy prices for stuff will have to keep paying tons of gold to relist and will be forced to either lower their prices to a more community acceptable price or keep losing money by relisting at overpriced high prices.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

God I hope it doesn’t end. I still do world dragons and large chest events when I can with the hope I eventually get a precursor for the sole purpose of selling it. considering the 3% stat increase a legendary has over a standard exotic I fail to see the point in even bother with it. But so long as people are out there willing to spend 300-500g on the item I hope I get one as 500g in dyes and I may just get the color I’ve been looking for in triplicate so all my alts can have it (please, for all that is holy, make dyes account wide!)

It will soon be more than 3%, most ppl that started it a while back didn’t start it for the stats anyway. You just said you want everyone to suffer and keep having to work more for something others got for free (sometimes in triplicate – karka thing) so you can have 0.1% chance to get 500g AND THEN YOU ASK THEM TO MAKE DYES EASIER TO GET (cost less for more use out of them). NO more comment.

I was right it took 1h for some guy to come draw extensive parallels to RL supply and demand ignoring how this is a game, a game where they also they admitted there is market manipulation on top a system that was/is broken for the supply (which is also way more limited than other things in RL) AND it’s one of the same 5 guys that post everywhere about this.

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It will soon be more than 3%, most ppl that started it a while back didn’t start it for the stats anyway. You just said you want everyone to suffer and keep having to work more for something others got for free (sometimes in triplicate – karka thing) so you can have 0.1% chance to get 500g AND THEN YOU ASK THEM TO MAKE DYES EASIER TO GET (cost less for more use out of them). NO more comment.

I was right it took 1h for some guy to come draw extensive parallels to RL supply and demand ignoring how this is a game, a game where they also they admitted there is market manipulation on top a system that was/is broken for the supply (which is also way more limited than other things in RL) AND it’s one of the same 5 guys that post everywhere about this.

If they’re going to make legendaries easier to get (they’ve mentioned they’ll soon be account bound instead of soul bound) I see no reason they can’t do the same for dyes.

And yea, I feel a grind is warranted in this game for skin swaps… not gear. that’s why I don’t mind the requirements for legendaries too much and would sooner consider selling one before actually getting one.

Legendaries are excessive, but the precursor isn’t the problem. It’s everything else on top of it.

LordByron.8369

Precursors ARE the problem its the only thing increased from 700 to 1000+ %

Everybody knows that, denying it won t make it credible….

GW2 balance:

Posted by: TrojanKilla.6382

TrojanKilla.6382

Here is a simple solution:

Boycott playing the game untill the precursor situation is rectified.

Its the only way you will get ANETS attention.

The gold grind for legendaries is an issue. Thats why I stopped playing, as the game devolved into a horrid gold grind for a trinket.

The other barriers to the legendary: aka map completion, wvw goals, etc. are more than enough of an effort grind. The gold grind is purely boring. Thats why I moved on to other games.

If they remove the gold grind and make legendaries more accessible then more people will level alts and do other game related activities that are actually fun.

As it is without a gold grind, it takes close to 1-2 months of regular gameplay to farm the mats/events for a legendary. With the gold grind it takes a year.

Posted by: Izune.9568

Izune.9568

Crybabies.

Im a casualplayer, got a full time job and so far i got TWO precursors.

Learn how to get em and then start crying if u still fail, im pretty sure many of u arent even trying to get one and just farming money to buy them.

My first precurs i got from EB jumping puzzle chest. Venom (Trident) BUH. :C

My second one i got from Mystic forge, i threw in around 500 1handed swords to get my zap but the thing is i ended up with MORE money then i started with.

I doubt i was superlucky cus my guildleader got one after like 600 weaps too.

FYI i started with 40G and ended up with 105G and a Zap worth 250G.

L2P.