Precursors and TP: Farewell

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Just look at the prices as they try to still profit something out of this falling market. hahah

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I don’t really see a massive crash, but could be it’s only the beginning of the end.

One – Piken Square

Valento.9852

I don’t really see a massive crash, but could be it’s only the beginning of the end.

Ikr. From the wiki (and there’s source):
“Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion will bring a collection-based precursor scavenger hunt. Players will be able to acquire one precursor per collection per account, these collections will be unlocked by spending mastery points.”

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Can you please link where anet said its one precursor per account only i must’ve missed that info, seems a bit bad only being able to make only one.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Can you please link where anet said its one precursor per account only i must’ve missed that info, seems a bit bad only being able to make only one.

It was one precursor per precursor, as in the collection of each precursor would only be able to be completed once per account.

Tom Gore.4035

“Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion will bring a collection-based precursor scavenger hunt. Players will be able to acquire one precursor per collection per account, these collections will be unlocked by spending mastery points.”

The thing is, we have no idea how much work these collections are. By all we know, some of the current precursors could be faster to acquire by grinding gold and buying them off the TP.

One – Piken Square

Valento.9852

You didn’t read well. You will be able to get all precursors:
“Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion will bring a collection-based precursor scavenger hunt. Players will be able to acquire one precursor PER collection per account, these collections will be unlocked by spending mastery points.”

As long as TP chains are released, I pretty much prefer a skill-based “farming” if you may, than gold.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

collosus for 700g ?? iam going to start my farm..

Seafarer Never Rest

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I also dont see a massive crash of prices. Prices have been going down since season 2 started because the market was flooded with mats to craft rare weapons to forge precursors. The announcement of new precursors being obtainable via collections in HoT certainly had a short time impact on prices and supply dumps on the TP but I dont see any mayor impact yet. I dont expect prices to go up over a longer period of time leading up to the release of HoT but I credit that more to cheaper forging than the announcement.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Tom Gore.4035

collosus for 700g ?? iam going to start my farm..

Yeaaah… well Colossus is one of those legendaries that will cost you much more than the worth of the pre to finish, mainly because of the silver doubloons.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Nothing changed yet, ppl still need pre’s and they are still very hard to get ATM, the expansion might not be out for 6 months, within 6 months you can easily get a couple legendaries.

We also dont know how “Hard” they will be to get, and if they will be account bound as well. If they are Account bound and takes 50-60hrs game play to get, thats enough time to farm dungeons for a pre so prices will still stay the same.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

From mmorpg.com:

MMORPG: Let’s talk about precursors! My favorite topic! Is it going to be sort of like Luminescent Armor, where you do a bunch of little things and it all comes together?

CJ: I think the Luminescent Armor collections are a really great example of the type of thing we can do in the game now with the collection system. When we originally talked about adding precursors and the ability to work toward them (“A long, long time ago”), it was always with this in mind. We had a plan, we decided to do collections, and felt like collections were just a much better way to do what we wanted to do with precursors than what our original plan was.

The collection system allows you to go on these big, epic journeys that send you all across the game, and Heart of Thorns is going to build on top of it. You’ll use collections that are unlocked by spending mastery points, and those collections will send you all over the world – not just to the jungle, but to the existing game, as well. Think of it like a big, epic quest that you’re on all across the world to complete your collection. You’re touring our entire world and beating all kinds of exciting content as you go through it. When all of that’s completed, the precursor awaits you.

MMORPG: To clarify, it’s one precursor collection… per character? Per account?

CJ: All collections are account-based, so there’s one collection per precursor per account

MMORPG: Oh good, it was sounding like was one precursor, period, per account.

CJ: Yeah, that would be awful. (laughs)

Source

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

So each precursor has it’s own unique collection? Well that would make more sense.

Wanze.8410

From mmorpg.com:

MMORPG: Let’s talk about precursors! My favorite topic! Is it going to be sort of like Luminescent Armor, where you do a bunch of little things and it all comes together?

CJ: I think the Luminescent Armor collections are a really great example of the type of thing we can do in the game now with the collection system. When we originally talked about adding precursors and the ability to work toward them (“A long, long time ago”), it was always with this in mind. We had a plan, we decided to do collections, and felt like collections were just a much better way to do what we wanted to do with precursors than what our original plan was.

The collection system allows you to go on these big, epic journeys that send you all across the game, and Heart of Thorns is going to build on top of it. You’ll use collections that are unlocked by spending mastery points, and those collections will send you all over the world – not just to the jungle, but to the existing game, as well. Think of it like a big, epic quest that you’re on all across the world to complete your collection. You’re touring our entire world and beating all kinds of exciting content as you go through it. When all of that’s completed, the precursor awaits you.

MMORPG: To clarify, it’s one precursor collection… per character? Per account?

CJ: All collections are account-based, so there’s one collection per precursor per account

MMORPG: Oh good, it was sounding like was one precursor, period, per account.

CJ: Yeah, that would be awful. (laughs)

Source

As far as I know, this only applies to the new precursors for the new legendaries, they didnt state, if the new precursors are also obtainable through forging and rng drops like the old ones, and if the old precursors will be obtainable through collections.
If thats not the case, I dont see how it will have much influence on existing pres and leggies.

Lazaar.9123

It was stated by Colin in the stream that both the old and new precursors will be obtainable through collections.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

As far as I know, this only applies to the new precursors for the new legendaries, they didnt state, if the new precursors are also obtainable through forging and rng drops like the old ones, and if the old precursors will be obtainable through collections.
If thats not the case, I dont see how it will have much influence on existing pres and leggies.

Uh? Sorry, I just post this for those who think they will able to get only one precursor per account.

Anyway, I don’t think the prices of current precursors/legendaries are going to drop. Some people just “need” to have everything and some actually like the current legendaries.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Valento.9852

Nothing changed yet, ppl still need pre’s and they are still very hard to get ATM, the expansion might not be out for 6 months, within 6 months you can easily get a couple legendaries.

We also dont know how “Hard” they will be to get, and if they will be account bound as well. If they are Account bound and takes 50-60hrs game play to get, thats enough time to farm dungeons for a pre so prices will still stay the same.

Not really. People can farm the rest (Gift of Fortune, specific Gift for that legendary, etc) and leave precursor for the new collection-based scavenger hunts. Well, that’s the cheapest path (or at least less boring).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Tom Gore.4035

That sounds it won’t be time-gated then. Good for the grinders, bad for the casuals I guess.

I also hope they will have as little RNG in getting the collections as possible. I’m looking at you, organ parts and coat boxes.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Not really. People can farm the rest (Gift of Fortune, specific Gift for that legendary, etc) and leave precursor for the new collection-based scavenger hunts. Well, that’s the cheapest path (or at least less boring).

Not really to what?

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: rivurivurivurivu.3041

rivurivurivurivu.3041

So each precursor has it’s own unique collection? Well that would make more sense.

i think more like “original collection gw2” and “HoT collection” you can do a tresure hunt for 1 precursore in each collection per account.

Wanze.8410

It was stated by Colin in the stream that both the old and new precursors will be obtainable through collections.

I double checked the stream and i couldnt find where Colin specifically states that.
It might be helpful, if you could provide at time stamp of the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/5954011

HE starts talking about pres/leggies at the 35 min mark.

Lazaar.9123

“So on top of this, we’re also gonna be introducing brand new legendary weapons, and brand new legendary precursors” implies that before he was referring to the already existing precursors.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I wish i could see the new legendaries, i am like halfway of the precursor y wanted (closer now after the massive 30% drop in price) but now im on the fence: if they release a staff or a gs i like more? (though i should probably still go for dusk, since i like it anyway and most of my characters can use it (or will be able to)

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

Whichever way you view it, paying a lot of money for a precursor or legendary after this announcement would be a questionable decision. A sensible player would wait before spending large amounts of gold, which alone would effect prices as there (realistically) should be supply but very low demand.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I wish i could see the new legendaries, i am like halfway of the precursor y wanted (closer now after the massive 30% drop in price) but now im on the fence: if they release a staff or a gs i like more? (though i should probably still go for dusk, since i like it anyway and most of my characters can use it (or will be able to)

That is likely the other reason why precursor prices are tanking. People are hoarding mats, but many of them are unwilling to commit to a legendary until they can see alternatives (after all, they might make a legendary now, only to decide they prefer the HoT version later). That means less buyers.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I bought my Storm about 3-4 months into the game and I payed *35 GOLD!

It will take a while before it is back to the original price again…. <grin>

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

If they are Account bound and takes 50-60hrs game play to get, thats enough time to farm dungeons for a pre so prices will still stay the same.

in that amount of time I would earn 100G tops. Will be surprised if a collection is THAT fast to do in a new expansion, but if it would be the case it would be 7 times faster than me saving up for a pre now.

Also Account Bound doesn’t exactly matter if you’re making it for yourself. Which is what a lot of buyers of pre market are doing.

Valento.9852

I think on a more practical note: if you don’t have to amass gold, you can spend gold on other stuff. Even if you need lots of matt, they’re not the currency “gold” itself, so you can do more with your gold than just letting it sitting in your inventory.

Also, I believe precursor earned through the new collections will be acc-bound.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

“So on top of this, we’re also gonna be introducing brand new legendary weapons, and brand new legendary precursors” implies that before he was referring to the already existing precursors.

He’s saying that with this new way to obtain NEW PRES that they’re obviously introducig NEW LEGENEDARIES that can be made from the NEW PRES. The context is not a ‘catch-all’ in any way, shape, or form…

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Well I bought my Storm about 3-4 months into the game and I payed *35 GOLD!

It will take a while before it is back to the original price again…. <grin>

Gems are ~ 30x more expensive to buy with gold then they were back then. For 35g, you could of purchased 7000 gems (ignoring the fact you could of bought more than that had you been spending gold to buy gems as you went along and not in one clump 3-4 months in.) At the current sell price, that is worth ~ 675 gold. Storm is currently 600g…so it is actually cheaper in relative price to ~ Nov 2012 using gems as a benchmark :p

(edited by azurrei.5691)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Funny thing is that legendary prices have largely not been impacted.

Valento.9852

Funny thing is that legendary prices have largely not been impacted.

That is expected, as well as precursor market falling fast. Having another means of acquiring a precursor takes legendaries to a new level.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It also means that people are hoarding the crafting mats, instead of crafting cheap ones now, which means Pres will go down but current Legendaries will increase a bit.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Not sure how you got that conclusion. He didn’t imply at all that all (meaning precursors that existed before HOT and the precursors that will exist after HOT) the precursors will be apart of the collections by the words you posted. By the words you posted he literally just said they’re going to be introducing new legendaries and precursors for those legendaries. He says no where in that quote about previously available precursors being available through collections.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Mirta.5029

Not sure how you got that conclusion. He didn’t imply at all that all (meaning precursors that existed before HOT and the precursors that will exist after HOT) the precursors will be apart of the collections by the words you posted. By the words you posted he literally just said they’re going to be introducing new legendaries and precursors for those legendaries. He says no where in that quote about previously available precursors being available through collections.

watch pax. They were discussing that currently precursors are the hardest part in a legendary, therefore precursors will now be gotten trough the mastery system. Old ones as well.

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

they are still more expensive than a year ago. I remember seeing The Lover for 300-400g in 2013. Even early 2014 it was below what it is currently.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

It’s funny – all those private hoarders with 20+ of every precursors watch you profits fall.

This is know as a market changing announcement which will have economic shocks as supply will go up , demand will go down , velocity of transactions down.

Prices are already starting to nose dive – won’t be long until a full market recession hits.
Good luck if you’re still trading in this market or any of the legendarys (which will soon take a nose dive in price shortly).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Valento.9852

watch pax. They were discussing that currently precursors are the hardest part in a legendary, therefore precursors will now be gotten trough the mastery system. Old ones as well.

That is my understanding as well.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I can’t and I can’t watch it for another week due to work related traveling internet restrictions. I only got to read a transcript of Colin Johnson’s words that someone posted on Reddit. That is why in my post you quoted I was referring specifically to the typed quote in this thread.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s funny – all those private hoarders with 20+ of every precursors watch you profits fall.

This is know as a market changing announcement which will have economic shocks as supply will go up , demand will go down , velocity of transactions down.

Prices are already starting to nose dive – won’t be long until a full market recession hits.
Good luck if you’re still trading in this market or any of the legendarys (which will soon take a nose dive in price shortly).

Starting to nose dive? You sure? All that occurred was the shock from the announcement which caused a drop across the board in prices. If you look since then, there really hasn’t been a nose dive. Some of the popular ones are even trending upward.

Mirta.5029

Starting to nose dive? You sure? All that occurred was the shock from the announcement which caused a drop across the board in prices. If you look since then, there really hasn’t been a nose dive. Some of the popular ones are even trending upward.

storm still trending downward. The amount that is on available on TP is also increasing and buy orders are getting fullfilled. It went from 780 to 650 then recently to 600, then just a second ago one was at 555.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Spark heading down, Legend is heading down ….

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well we are 1 month away from the demo on pax east, and there’s another convention in europe. After that we have beta some time. Don’t know when that going to happen.

Probably at least a few month away from the expansion.

I honestly don’t know why anyone would invest in precusor though. You can invest in anything, even gems with the 30% tax, and make more money than you invest in precursor.

Consider most precursor probably come from the forges, it probably explain why the price havn’t crashed more.

Also, no one said it’s easier to farm 1000 gold compare to complete the collection. Probably less boring though, but no one says it’s easier.

Ayrilana.1396

storm still trending downward. The amount that is on available on TP is also increasing and buy orders are getting fullfilled. It went from 780 to 650 then recently to 600, then just a second ago one was at 555.

It seems even I was a bit rash to conclude that there is even such a trend as the market still hasn’t stabilized. We cannot make conclusions based off short term sales. However, there is not enough information available at this point to conclude that there is a downward trend in precursor prices (just as there isn’t for an upward one). Also keep in mind that it’s relatively easy to manipulate buy order trends on the TP as you incur no cost.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to admit, but talking with others I am hoping that they leave the existing pre-cursors out of the new system and just introduce new ones for the new process. That way the people that acquired their current ones still feel that the weapon was worth its effort and that effort isn’t reduced if the collections are easier than expected. If not hopefully they the allow the new ones to be ultra rare drops like the current ones and allow them to be marketable. Course also prefer Legendaries to be rare things versus everyone has one. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Give us a new lb and sb. I would love to have a legendary bow but not one of those little pony/brony things they have now.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

oh no, let them crash, the joy of ppl whining about a price drop is like music through my ears.
the only ones who worry about a price drop are the ones who want to sell them, the ones who want to buy them are only seeing this as good news.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Just by thinking rationally we can conclude that demand for current pres will be less than prior to the announcement that new weaps are on the horizon. The players who have had issues with having to buy pres no longer need to, so that demand is less. The players who just want the latest will stock resources for the new ones, so that demand will lessen. There will be some increase in demand from those looking to acquire current ones at lower prices, but I doubt they will be enough to offset the others. That all said for the time being the supply should mostly remain unchanged. So with mainly unchanged supply and decreased demand prices should decrease to a new equilibrium. How far? I have no idea.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Valento.9852

oh no, let them crash, the joy of ppl whining about a price drop is like music through my ears.
the only ones who worry about a price drop are the ones who want to sell them, the ones who want to buy them are only seeing this as good news.

Actually, any player who wants to craft their legendaries in a more exciting and fun way see this as good news. Amassing gold is the ultimate boring stuff to acquire a precursor.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The thing is, we have no idea how much work these collections are. By all we know, some of the current precursors could be faster to acquire by grinding gold and buying them off the TP.

Guarantee you 1000% that it will be worlds easier to just farm the gold and buy them, and you can be darn sure that the collections will include items that only come from doing things like “solo each champion in Orr” or some dumb gimmick like that.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!