Predictions for Crafting 1/13/2015

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

All speculations feel free to add your own or comment on likely hood, ect.

1) First raid content, the giant flower monster we saw while scouting with Caithe and Canach from THIS story step.

a) the new raid will drop Crystalline Ore and all raids after this will reward Crystalline Ore.

b) Lumps of Mithrilium will be able to be upgraded into Deldrimore Stell Ingots (like they are able to already, but also they will be able to be upgraded into Xunlai Electrum Ingots by using platinum, gold, and silver ingots.

i) because of these two new materials being added to the crafting table both Jewel crafting and Chef will be able to go up to 500 and finish the last of the grand master crafts. all of these predictions rely on the a raid being included in this update, and I believe it is a fair guess considering it will be the finale for Living World season 2 and based on THIS article they would’ve had a bit of time to work on it by now.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I’d love for Chef and Jeweler to go to 500 with this patch, there hasn’t been any new information unearthed that points to this. I do agree that the giant flower Mordrem is bound to make an appearance sooner or later though; this episode seems as good as any a point for it to happen.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

1. A new class or classes, but no new races.

2. Overhaul, again, of the leveling system.

3. Revamp of the dailies and rewards.

4. Death of the Pale Tree and a New Pale Tree (or leader) taking her place. (Egg hint)

5. Crafting of Legendaries or similar weapons.

6. Mordy dies, but causes environmental changes to the world.

7. Jormag storyline emerges toward the end of the year.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I predict that the forums will love everything Anet has to say, and there will be great rejoicing. Maybe not. lol

I’m thinking that Anet doesn’t love the reception they’re getting for Living Story Season 2 and so they’re going to make some changes to the Living Story format. While I do think Anet will be adding a profession and races to the game…I don’t believe that announcement will come at Pax.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

hmmmmmm interesting. Thank you for the links! While I don’t really think we will get raids and big changes on the 13th I do think we will have either a) we will lose against Mordy and his minions, or b) we MIGHT get some answers as to were Rytlock is, or c) both a and b. I remember seeing a WoodenPotatoes video that it would be really shocking if Trahearne sacrificed himself to save the whole pact camp. As for the raid changes and stuff we’ll prob get it in a future release or for sure announced on PAX convention thingy. I have high hopes for PAX since when you really think about it on that day is panels of “some cool games” “some demos” “other games etc” and “Guild Wars 2”. Looks promising.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They just have to include some lore bits from GW1 and everyone will love it.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Raids are good. Yes yes yes

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Considering Raids were in a very recent CDI, my guess is not this patch. They would have hyped it to some degree. Too many people are wanting it for them not to get word out so that those waiting for new content before returning can learn about it.

They’ll likely save raids for a feature patch as opposed to a typical LS patch.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I predict we will get a few instances, Silverwastes expansion, a cool boss fight, usual achievements, and it will end on an unsatisfying cliffhanger that involves waiting a few months while a character delivers some sorta message, or something.

The usual B&B.

Honestly, I am not expecting much.

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. There is no reason to believe that it will be any different than last season’s finale. Now the announcement on the 24th on the other hand, I am cautiously excited about that. Although I refuse to get excited by anything Anet hypes anymore. Anet is all about overhyping and underdelivering. Just look at all the hype from the previous feature patch. Daily dev blogs touting how each feature was the second coming when everything about it was meh. But I really do hope they knock my socks off. We’ll see.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I expect a new lane-based world boss in the western Silverwastes. And maybe some answers to the Caithe/Wynne mess.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

Oh and we already have what Anet considers to be raid content. Teq and worm. I can definitely see us getting more of that type of content.

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

lol you guys…………..

The Op asked for january 13th.
This is when the LS continues not Pax. This would be 23-25th.
This is not a feature patch or something.

My prediction:
New LS chapter… we run around clicking through textboxes for 3 magic stones to open the door.
Door opens…… cliffhanger.

Some people will really be disappointed next Tuesday

LS takes a short break and continues in summer.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

lol you guys…………..

My prediction:
New LS chapter… we run around clicking through textboxes for 3 magic stones to open the door.

Dates were never my strong point. That’s why I didn’t date much.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The pact won’t stay with us any longer while we are taking care of the egg they are advancing into the maguuma jungle ( you can already see the abandoned camp in the trailer). With the next story release, I think we will finally reuinte with the pact.
And yeah.. we will get a ton of cliffhangers.

Featurewise we won’t see anything significant, I think. That’s what the feature packs are for.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Tom Gore.4035

The pact won’t stay with us any longer while we are taking care of the egg they are advancing into the maguuma jungle ( you can already see the abandoned camp in the trailer). With the next story release, I think we will finally reuinte with the pact.
And yeah.. we will get a ton of cliffhangers.

Featurewise we won’t see anything significant, I think. That’s what the feature packs are for.

I didn’t see the camp as abandoned. Rather it was under assault by Mordy.

One – Piken Square

kokiman.2364

Well seeing how the vines have some kind of plotarmor I’m pretty sure the safest thing for the pact to do would be abandoning the camp and move forward.

But maybe you are right, we will see :P

GuildWars 2

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Just more Living Story kitten.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

90% sure it’s a cliffhanger. Don’t expect anything related to Season 3 to start till AFTER Pax…so that means in february.

January might be something related to how we will start our long cliffhanger journey to the forest maps. Till then we will have 2 LS stories to introduce us to the new season OR even just 1 LS story left, followed by a bigger break till the new S3.

I also think we will finish the luminescent set before Season 3.

That’s my opinion at least.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I predict a thread complaining that the LS achievements are impossible.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I predict fixes to some bugs and new bugs where there previously weren’t or were once previously fixed.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I don’t think Mordy is going to die, or at least I hope he doesn’t.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Most definitely he will not. He will be part of Season 3 100%. Season 2 was an introduction to him.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

My speculations is this:

We have access thru that door to the Crystal Desert. Those markings in the door are like Elona Reach, Thirsty River and Dunes of Despair. So maybe they are paths to those cities in Crystal Desert. Maybe there are three paths; 1. Elona Reach, 2. Dune of Despair and 3. Thirsty River. (So dungeon or mini dungeon perhaps?) Those places were in Guild Wars Prophecies Ascension places, where characters got all secondary professions. And last characters had to fight against Doppelganger and finished that ascension.

Now starts hardest part of my speculations:

So we might get access to those cities from these paths and in there we can learn Secondary professions, and after that all professions can start to use all kind of weapons.

Stupid idea, I know…

Tom Gore.4035

Well seeing how the vines have some kind of plotarmor I’m pretty sure the safest thing for the pact to do would be abandoning the camp and move forward.

But maybe you are right, we will see :P

Looking at the trailer again, it does seem that the airships are gone, at least. So it’s us and whoever was left behind to tend the camp to fight off the vines.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Last seed will show that the cave is the same one that Ronan found the seed for the pale tree in. It is revealed that the pale tree had intended to usurp the power of Mordremoth and become the agent for that dragon’s power in Tyria. Scarlet had felt that having the pale tree as a dragon would be throwing off one tyrant for another, and tried to circumvent these plans by waking Mordremoth early.

The players are then forced to choose between a plan to have glint’s baby being the vessel for the Dragon’s power and the Pale Tree. This is the Point of No Return. The Pale Tree is annoyed that we don’t choose her, but acquiesces because changing the Sylvari origin story would be too hard and it gives us an excuse to travel to the crystal desert for season 3.

Event wise, the lanes leading to the giant thistle thing open up for a Marionette style battle, which fits in with the current Silverwastes meta event. This event is permanent, and for the last part of LS you need to defeat it and go into an instance where you inject some of Scarlet’s poison into a major taproot. This doesn’t kill Mordremoth, but does stop his advance.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I predict drops are going to be ´fixed´ after a few hours/days of release.

Tom Gore.4035

I predict a thread complaining that the LS achievements are impossible.

Which means they might require more than a few half-baked attempts with a lootstick build.

I admit I was also frustrated by the LS achievements, but not because of the difficulty but because the cutscenes were unskippable.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

lol you guys…………..

My prediction:

Probably this. Sadly.

Although I think we are getting another lane based world boss. Hopefully.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I’m excited for the PAX announcement and anticipating the update. I just hope that there isn’t another month stretch after the PAX announcement with no content. If the schedule persists, we’re looking at an update the Tuesday after Friday the 23rd’s PAX details, and best case scenario would be a feature patch implementing parts or wholes of whatever they announce.

Worst case scenario is we get another stretch of no updates after the end of Season 2, followed by a feature patch. I think February would be the expected arrival of a feature patch, however they may push it forward as an alternative to another month with no content so shortly after the exasperating Wintersday activities.

I am hopeful though. It’s obvious that ANET is going to announce their alternative to a boxed expansion, and I’m anxious to see what they’ve come up with. In the long run, ANET has yet to disappoint me.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I am hopeful though. It’s obvious that ANET is going to announce their alternative to a boxed expansion, and I’m anxious to see what they’ve come up with. In the long run, ANET has yet to disappoint me.

They will release Elona and Cantha at the same time

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I think what will happen is:

-new living story update
-some new itens in the gem store
-end of wintesday
-bug fixes

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Gnat.9405

I think what will happen is:

-some new itens in the gem store

I really hope we get Caithe’s Dagger with this update.

Gnat.9405

They will release Elona and Cantha at the same time

Haha yeah probably.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You guys are soooo optimistic. They’ll keep polishing things that don’t need polishing and use that as an excuse to actual CONTENT. They’ve been behaving like this all 2014, and it’s going to be the same in 2015.

See, they’re also great to create hype trains. The simple statement “Living World was just the beginning” erupted a lot of ZOMG’s.

@Edit
And I don’t understand why we still don’t get Kudu’s back item from Crucible of Eternity story mode, where he’s last boss.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Jesus returns, bringing an updated Constitution down from Mt. Rushmore, and a little boy hands Jesus an iPad (like the old Pepsi commercial with Mean Joe Greene…work with me here) with some saved Twitch streams showing the original human female running and idle animations…and he doesn’t cry.

ArenaNet says, “Some folks totally said you were going to cry…and possibly take NASCAR away, so we changed it?”

Jesus, “It’s really not a big deal.”

…and ANet changes it back.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The only thing I’m hoping for is that we get to SEE mordy for the finale. It was really lame that we only saw zhatian for 30 seconds before we killed him.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

*They will add another story step to the LS

*They will add the last 2 sections of the Carapace/Luminescent armor (and the collections to get Luminescent)

*World Boss vine thing added to silverwastes

*Jewelcrafting to 500 (this one has been on my list for like 10 months, why change now?)

*some event/skill polishing

*random broken collection is fixed

*Geodes/Bandit Crests added to wallet

*Some random item added to silky sand drop table

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

kokiman.2364

The only thing I’m hoping for is that we get to SEE mordy for the finale. It was really lame that we only saw zhatian for 30 seconds before we killed him.

Oh you forgot about the huge outcry when they showed zhaitan in the release trailer?

GuildWars 2

ZudetGambeous.9573

Oh you forgot about the huge outcry when they showed zhaitan in the release trailer?

To be fair there is a pretty big difference between the release trailer and the last second of the final battle.

Though I don’t actually recall that outcry… why didn’t they want to see him in the trailer? You should know what you are fighting, and it fits the story since he came and destroyed a whole bunch of stuff years earlier and everyone saw him then.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

• Bugs
  • Bug fixes
  • Broken things
  • Tears
  • Things we didn’t ask for
  • Things we asked for but not how we wanted them
  • More shinies to collect
  • Less play as you want and more play as “everyone” wants
  • No new classes or races
  • The les-conics, and Rox and Braham
  • Lots of “Boss”
Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

1: Something horribly underwhelming not worthy of the hype

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

• Bug fixes

I believe you meant “Tooltip fixes”.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This thread should be renamed as it’s misleading. Everyone is posting expansion and/or 2015 predictions rather than predictions specific to tomorrow’s update.

ZudetGambeous.9573

This thread should be renamed as it’s misleading. Everyone is posting expansion and/or 2015 predictions rather than predictions specific to tomorrow’s update.

The thread title is about as clear as can be. I think people are posting 2015 predictions because the OP’s expectations for the patch are so absurd that people just figured he meant his expectations for all of 2015… which in and of itself is a sad commentary on the state of the game…

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Crafting 1/13/2015:

More recipes added for non zerker stat combos I’m probably not going to use.

Collections added to finish Carapace/Luminescent set.

Another surprise rare recipe added for an item that is expensive and has little purpose, but is fun anyway.

BONUS: Huge massive back item of some sort.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

The thread title is about as clear as can be. I think people are posting 2015 predictions because the OP’s expectations for the patch are so absurd that people just figured he meant his expectations for all of 2015… which in and of itself is a sad commentary on the state of the game…

I don’t think my original prediction was too ridiculous, if you look at the finale for LW season 1 the ending is essentially a raid, HERE it is 6 Mini Bosses (champions from Scarlet’s different alliances), 3 Bosses (the assault knights), finishing with a multi stage final boss battle (as seen HERE)

In the same way they could easily just add the Breach event bosses in to be mini bosses, and the Legendary bosses (Example) used for “The Be-All and the End-All” as bosses before opening the plant thing discovered in Caithe’s Reconnaissance Squad story step as a multi step final raid boss.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

• Bugs
  • Bug fixes
  • Broken things
  • Tears
  • Things we didn’t ask for
  • Things we asked for but not how we wanted them
  • More shinies to collect
  • Less play as you want and more play as “everyone” wants
  • No new classes or races
  • The les-conics, and Rox and Braham
  • Lots of “Boss”

This makes a lot of sense. History repeating itself and all that.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The Xunlai Electrum and Crystalline ascended mats have been in the mat bank for a long time now (6+ months). I remember the speculation as to what they were used for when they first popped up in the bank, ascended jewelcrafting being the most popular theory. Why is this just suddenly popping up as a prediction for tomorrow’s patch, which isn’t even a feature pack but an LS episode, especially since Anet loves hyping this stuff and there has been been no mention of it whatsoever?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Pact destroyed
Trahearne dies
Pale Tree is controlled by Mordy
Rytlock emerges from fractal asura gate