Preparing for the upcoming AMA on Reddit.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I would like to know more about the upcoming Wintersday :/ or a hint o3o

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Will we see the “Colossus” ever again? (I’m referring to the chained giant in FoTM…)

Love that guy <3

Seeing him bow and walk into the horizon actually made me teary eyed. It really had an impact on me, like saying farewell to a friend.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Thanks for the compilation. Would highly recommend you stick with the actual plural of gear, which is gear not gears. It always hits me like, How many deers were in the road? The plural of deer is deer and the plural of gear is gear.

Same with sheep, and (arguably) fish. While we’re in the English lesson, ‘a lot’ is clearly two words not one, and ‘thAn’ is to replace ‘thEn’ when discussing one determining factor over another. Just because people type it like they’d say so, it has no clear reflection on commonsense and understanding common spelling. If people cared about their typing as much as they do everything else that bugs the crap out of them in this game, thEn it would be so much easier to understand what one person is trying to extract from their brain through to their fingers. It really does hurt the eyes to see so many people go out of their way to misspell common words like they do.

Back to normal programming.

/anal rant

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Given that Oceanic players were unable to participate in the Lost Shores finale, is Arenanet planning to allow us to join in future “one-time-only” events?

Sorry – I was under the impression that were were able to participate (I am Oceanic based also) however we just needed to identify which was of greater importance to us – sleeping and working, or taking some time off to play the game.

Sounds like sleeping and working was your decision, shame it is so hard to accept the decision you made.

Some of us have a life and don’t have the luxury of living in our parents basements getting everything paid off for us.

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I would like to know are they eager to let us have separate key customization for each character. Some profession like Elementalist use all 4 profession skills very frequently but hardly use swap weapon, while some hardly use the profession skill or just one but use a lot of weapon swaps, It does not make sense for all characters to use the exact same key customization. I have played more than 10 MMOs and this is the only one that does not have a character-based key customization which is such a shame.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

He’s not going to answer anything that could be misconstrued..for the simple fact he will be crucified if its not perfect. Each one of you wants a specific answer or he’s wrong..this an AMA, not a firing squad or an interrogation. and honestly Im glad they got thanksgiving weekend off..I wouldnt want guys who had not had the chance to be with their families and wind down a bit to be answering questions from hostile fans.

We would hope that he would answer each of these questions truthfully. An AMA presupposes that any question is on the table, and any question asked should be answered truthfully. This is because this is an AMA, not a PR event.

Edit: If he is not forthcoming with his answers he will be crucified by the community. This is the forum to come clean and state what the current thinking is regarding the vision clearly defined in the manifesto and the game elements introduced which represent a clear repudiation of the Manifesto.

I think it would be naive to believe that this is purely an event to satisfy the people who have already chosen to play the game. This IS a PR event. That being so, he isn’t going to answer a loaded question. You know as well as I do that as soon as this hits if anything is pertinent its going to be plastered in every Gw forum that everyone can read within 5 minutes. I do hope he is more thought provoking and complete that most other posts here though.

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

One really kitten question is about reduced costs for dying. Well, hello, there should be a kittening incentive to stay alive and not just for it to be about re-positioning you somewhere.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

One last question from me if you have the time to ask it:

Is the loot bug, as seen in this thread intentional, are you aware of it and when can we see a fix? You fixed the droprate for dyes pretty quick but this has been a problem since after lost shores.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hey there,
I do not have a reddit account, nor do I want to create one. I have one specific question to ask which I think a lot of people are concerned with.

“Many players feel gated and obligated to sit in LA and look for a FoTM group to keep up with the mass of people progressing in fractal levels. Are there any plans to change the fractal leveling system so that a fractal level 2 can join a group that is running a lvl 10(for example)”.

My biggest concern is fractal levels. I have stopped playing because of it. Could you add this to the list?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

How many hours to go before it starts?

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

If ascended isn’t supposed to be the start of a gear treadmill why does it have higher stats than exotics? Why didn’t you just add an infusion slot?

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I have just one question

Why is the AMA being conducted outside the official forums where the most playerbase is concentrated?

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I would expand the free teleport cost question to include each cultural city.

It’s been overclouded by the Ascended gear fiasco, but are there any plans to reduce teleport costs overall?

Also, repairs can be seen to be a necessary evil and a means of punishing death, but what made ArenaNet step away from the complete failure modes of the first game, where it was possible to utterly fail an instance and have to restart it?
This would be preferable to armour repairs for a lot of old GW1 players, I’m sure.

There are various noticeable shortcuts and placeholders throughout the game, such as certain items sharing generic icons, rare armours in each category all sharing the same artwork, non-rare weapons all sharing the same artwork, all males and females of a specific race sharing the same voice actor, etc. Do ArenaNet plan to address these shortcomings in the future?

A lot of emote commands from original Guild Wars do not report an error when entered, yet do not activate an animation. Are these going to be fleshed out eventually, or will they remain as another example of unfinished work?

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

“Guild Wars 2 takes everything you love about Guild Wars 1 and puts it into a persistent world […]” So what is it exactly that you thought we loved about Guild Wars 1? I know what I loved about it, but there is almost nothing of it in Guild Wars 2.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

What is the status of Polymock and what can we expect for permanent additions and/or changes to minigames in the next three months?

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Is the loot bug, as seen in this thread intentional, are you aware of it and when can we see a fix? You fixed the droprate for dyes pretty quick but this has been a problem since after lost shores.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

This is currently my main concern, also. I hope we are not too late to get this added to the list of questions.

Great list, by the way. Thanks for doing this for all of us!

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I have just one question

Why is the AMA being conducted outside the official forums where the most playerbase is concentrated?

There’s an audience of 2.2 million gamers on /r/gaming, and 79,000 on /r/GuildWars2. The average viewership to either of these places far exceeds that of the official forums.

AMA’s are also about marketing, and attracting new players. Everyone has access, and everyone who pays attention to the forums knows that this AMA is happening. It’s not like they are leaving anyone here out of the loop.

Think of it like your favorite basketball team doing an ESPN interview, or doing any interview for that matter, anywhere other than your local news.

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

1) Any plans on extending the customisable options of for character further than having different armour sets and dying them? For example slots placed into the armour that you could put visual upgrades in to further enhance your uniqueness, being able to specifically dye each armour piece you have so that when you change sets you change colour and a visual indication (which can be turned off) of what accessories you are wearing.

2) (small one) Any plans on being able to use Basic Transmutation Stones in the Mystic Forge? Post-80 theyre useless so it would be nice to be able to transform 10/15/20 into a single Fine Transmutation Stone.

3) (small one) Any plans on being able to place exotic runes into the Mystic Forge?

4) Any plans on having a cheap, stackable or unlimited item that can reset trait points outside of the class NPC?

5) Are there any plans to better utilise maps such as Divinity’s reach to provide more content to these huge, beautiful places? One time events are great but if there was something persistent in these areas it would encourage more people to spend time there.

6) Any plans on increasing the numbers per server?

7) Any plans on balancing WvW based on the number of players participating? Nightcapping is a huge issue in my opinion. An example of this is that the French servers have a larger proportion of players participating at night time due to French-Canadians joining French EU servers. While this shouldnt be frowned upon, it doesnt represent accurately the player strength of each server, that that more players are playing at ‘unsocial hours’.

8) One issue that my server has is that time and time again we get drawn against two French servers who proceed to team up against us. Do you see this as an issue and if so would you consider bringing in filters that prohibit two servers from the same country from being placed in the same WvW matches?

All I can think of for now. Sorry if some have been asked before and feel free to weed out the unimportant ones.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

1) Any plans on extending the customisable options of for character further than having different armour sets and dying them? For example slots placed into the armour that you could put visual upgrades in to further enhance your uniqueness, being able to specifically dye each armour piece you have so that when you change sets you change colour and a visual indication (which can be turned off) of what accessories you are wearing.

2) (small one) Any plans on being able to use Basic Transmutation Stones in the Mystic Forge? Post-80 theyre useless so it would be nice to be able to transform 10/15/20 into a single Fine Transmutation Stone.

3) (small one) Any plans on being able to place exotic runes into the Mystic Forge?

4) Any plans on having a cheap, stackable or unlimited item that can reset trait points outside of the class NPC?

5) Are there any plans to better utilise maps such as Divinity’s reach to provide more content to these huge, beautiful places? One time events are great but if there was something persistent in these areas it would encourage more people to spend time there.

6) Any plans on increasing the numbers per server?

7) Any plans on balancing WvW based on the number of players participating? Nightcapping is a huge issue in my opinion. An example of this is that the French servers have a larger proportion of players participating at night time due to French-Canadians joining French EU servers. While this shouldnt be frowned upon, it doesnt represent accurately the player strength of each server, that that more players are playing at ‘unsocial hours’.

8) One issue that my server has is that time and time again we get drawn against two French servers who proceed to team up against us. Do you see this as an issue and if so would you consider bringing in filters that prohibit two servers from the same country from being placed in the same WvW matches?

All I can think of for now. Sorry if some have been asked before and feel free to weed out the unimportant ones.

On your point #4, buy the cheapest trait tome, you can find them pretty cheap on the TP. It will allow you to retrait all your traits anywhere, even at level 80.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

There’s an audience of 2.2 million gamers on /r/gaming, and 79,000 on /r/GuildWars2. The average viewership to either of these places far exceeds that of the official forums.

/r/gaming doesn’t tell us anything about GW2, and ANet said there are more players active in the official forums than they expected, far more than 10% of the playerbase iirc, even 10% would probably already be 200000 judging by the sales numbers.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

What are the plans to improve condition damage in group PvE? Including but not limited to the ability to destroy objects. Objects don’t activate abilities, how does this affect confusion damage on objects?

The thread below outlines a lot of the concerns with condition damage.
-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condi-dmg-is-65-76-less-DPS-vs-bosses/first

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

How will Anet address the serious concerns about Magic Find and people being rewarded for contributing less?

Link below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-opninon-of-Magic-Find/first

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Underwater damage for Elementalists is next to useless, when my level 3 Warrior can out damage my level 80 geared 80 Ele` by a long shot.
Folk have asked for ages about what is being dfone about this & there`s been no reply.
Is it being looked into or better still, fixed?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

will we be able sometime to rename guilds?

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I PM’ed you my question, LoreChief. Thanks!

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Im interested in this AMA- im not up to speed on Reddit, though a quick glance seems that it is a text based Q&A. Is the format that he responds to these posted questions on the linked page, or will he be addressing Live questions as well?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I think this is a must question because it will have serious consequences on all current areas of the game considering it is the backbone of the game’s economy. Please include this as there has been no official response to the questions raised on the forums.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Info on wintersday plz

Posted by: NumeroDeux.7648

NumeroDeux.7648

Im interested in this AMA- im not up to speed on Reddit, though a quick glance seems that it is a text based Q&A. Is the format that he responds to these posted questions on the linked page, or will he be addressing Live questions as well?

That depends mostly on Chris Whiteside. Usually, AMA requests require at least 5 questions beforehand, but this is a little different. I may respond to a few on the linked page and a few live questions. It really all depends on what he chooses to answer. I guess we’ll see.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I noticed there is no questions reguarding some of the bugs currently effecting players in a big way, such as the drop rate bug.

Can someone also confirm if this is in about an hours time.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

So when can we get First Person Veiw?

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

1) Will i be able to just purchase ascended gear, using silver/gold on the Trade Post? even more options to acquire this new gear of the time would be beneficial. as fun as fractals is, i am having a decent experience every time i go in, but why make ascended items and upgrades so expensive with huge amounts of tokens?, if you are anti-grind/farm?

2) will there be more town clothes options for sale at merchants?

3) can we be able to bank karma for an account?

4) Preview items on Trade Post? would also like some kind of auto-filter to only show what my current character can use. this may lead to longer load-times, but over the weekend, my Trade Post experience was lackluster, because it kept wanting to reload all the available items each time. that, or it failed to load for me completely.

5) when will the “other” dungeons be reworked/over-hauled? Fractals is “decent” (except the disconnects and the dredge boss with the buckets, those bite). maybe players still go through them for items, but i have yet to attempt those again.

6) please elaborate on what color dyes NPCs use, so i can make my town clothes the same colors, and possibly my next sets of armor to match.

7) will the ENTIRE Ask-Me-Anything be available shortly after on the official forums (here?). if not, i hope someone who attended can post it up.

8) Elolmentalist changes – someone i partied with in Orr mentioned Elolmentalists got changed. he did not give me details, but i wanted some confirmation/denial of changes to this class, as it is my main character on my account, which brings me all my golds farming.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Juusp Jabow.7468

Juusp Jabow.7468

Will we be able to store our new crafting materials (such as the karka shells, passion fruit, and candy corn)? Currently they’re taking up much needed space in my bank. It would be nice to have them store as a collectible like other crafting materials.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

The whole AMA seems a little scripted looking at the questions they listed 4 days ago as a final draft. Will other questions get answered?

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

The whole AMA seems a little scripted looking at the questions they listed 4 days ago as a final draft. Will other questions get answered?

Reddit will be posting alot of questions on their own, outside of people in this forum. They will answer as many as they can, as is usually the case with an AMA. Unfortunately there is bound to be alot of repeat questions and whatnot, so alot of questions may still get missed.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Underwater damage for Elementalists is next to useless, when my level 3 Warrior can out damage my level 80 geared 80 Ele` by a long shot.
Folk have asked for ages about what is being dfone about this & there`s been no reply.
Is it being looked into or better still, fixed?

Boy is this a big one for me.

I’ve never seen such a wild discrepancy in power for anything in any game before. Eles literally do like 1/6th the damage others do underwater.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello everyone,

As we have a new thread about the Reddit interview : AMA on Reddit, this one is now closed.

Thank you