Promoting MF and GF

Promoting MF and GF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Does anyone else feel a sense of dread when you find out that your party just seems to be lacking in the DPS department…. or you have a party member who continues to get downed all the time…. and it turns out that one or more people are running MF gear?

I feel like MF gear should effect the entire party’s loot tables, because as it stands now…. in my honest opinion, anyone running MF stats is just leeching off of everyone else.

Everyone contributes in killing the enemy.
The player running MF gear is dealing less dmg/healing less/etc.
player with MF gear (potentially) gets better loot than everyone else.

If the entire party’s loot tables were effected, this would completely eliminate any animosity toward players running MF gear, and it would make it fair to all players.

With the addition of the new infusions and amulets, I feel like more and more people will be running MF and GF instead of getting useful stats, and this was secretly the intention of Anet all along.

+4power or +20MF?

“What difference does 4 power make? I’ll take the MF”

Most players are going to be choosing the MF or GF…. and I will be choosing one that actually contributes to my character’s stats.

I avoid players who run MF gear as much as I can. Unfortunately for me, and everyone with my mentality…. the current MF system is player based… and the only way to change my feelings is to make it party-wide!

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Yeah, makes sense. +1

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I run PVT gear with just MF runes and dual luck sigil daggers. So I probably won’t die. so its runes/dagger bonuses and food and banners and the rest of my gear is my main gear.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Trust me, that guy that died 3x in the first room of the dungeon would die 3x in the first room of the dungeon if he wasn’t wearing MF gear. Sometimes it’s just the skill factor and the player himself.

That one extra stat on his gear would not have tipped the scales in his favor to make him a productive member of the team.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

That one infusion slot now makes up for a big chunk of mf gear(like your entire armor set minus the runes!). Being a player that only uses it in Orr farm situations, I can now tack on 20% w/o botching up my stats at all during other areas of play.

It kinda helps those who don’t stack it to the max, to get a little extra taste of yellow.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

4 Power, sure, is pointless compared to 20% Magic Find. However 5 Agony Resistance trumps 20% Magic Find.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

4 Power, sure, is pointless compared to 20% Magic Find. However 5 Agony Resistance trumps 20% Magic Find.

you’re assuming that everyone plays fractals?

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

The OP specifically mentions MF use in dungeons. FotM is a dungeon that requires AR.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Promoting MF and GF

kiba.2768

The OP specifically mentions MF use in dungeons. FotM is a dungeon that requires AR.

fractals are 1 of 9 dungeons last i checked

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

I don’t run Fractals. There is no way I am ever picking +4 or +5 to a single stat in exchange for +20% gold find. And this is as someone who doesn’t wear a single piece of MF/GF gear in dungeons. There’s just no comparison on my part and anyone who gets upset over infusion choice is being ridiculous.

Anyway, I kind of doubt group MP will happen. MAYBE they’d implement a system that grants the group average…. like if one person comes in with 10% MF and everyone else has none then everyone in the group gets 2% MF. I’d be fine with something like that. The problem I have with a lot of the suggestions that MF should apply to the whole group is that I get the feeling they want it all to add. “If everyone in the group has 50% MF then the whole group should get 250% MF!”

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Wesley Of Florin.2150

Wesley Of Florin.2150

Fractals are not “dungeons”. They do not count for daily/monthly dungeon completion. They have Agony, dungeons do not. Fractals are fractals, which are not dungeons. I would say they are dungeon-like.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

fractals are 1 of 9 dungeons last i checked

Yeah, I’ve run into some hardcore dungeon runners, and they don’t set foot near fractals.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Once we find out if we can infuse the amulets via the mystic forge, the whole utility slot thing might really go to magic find and gold find even in fractals as if you can, you can get your agony resist quite a bit up there with the built-in agony resistance, freeing you up to put whatever infusion you want in your gear, and as such, extra gold and magic find is going to be way better than 4 points of a stat since 4 points at level 80 has zero measurable effect.

p.s. A player who dies 3 times in the first room of a dungeon is a bad player. All the stats in the world won’t help. You can try to explain mob mechanics of the specific dungeon to see if that helps, but it’s going to be a longshot. Thankfully, most dungeons can be 3 and 4 manned so you can get prolly get away with carrying them.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Promoting MF and GF

kiba.2768

Once we find out if we can infuse the amulets via the mystic forge, the whole utility slot thing might really go to magic find and gold find even in fractals as if you can, you can get your agony resist quite a bit up there with the built-in agony resistance, freeing you up to put whatever infusion you want in your gear, and as such, extra gold and magic find is going to be way better than 4 points of a stat since 4 points at level 80 has zero measurable effect.

p.s. A player who dies 3 times in the first room of a dungeon is a bad player. All the stats in the world won’t help. You can try to explain mob mechanics of the specific dungeon to see if that helps, but it’s going to be a longshot. Thankfully, most dungeons can be 3 and 4 manned so you can get prolly get away with carrying them.

when we have 12(13) ascended pieces, those +4/5 will have a measurable impact. might want to keep that in mind

Promoting MF and GF

Xavori.3768

Oh, and given that the magic find mechanic as it’s obvious designed is about rewarding player skill, I doubt group averaging will happen.

The difference between Knight’s and Explorer’s gear is toughness. A skilled player can get around lower toughness. They use their ability to dodge, move, etc. to increase their survival.

What’s more, since most dungeons are meant to be run by players in sub-optimal gear so as to make them more accessible to a larger part of the player base, it’s not like it takes that much skill to make up for the lack of toughness.

Promoting MF and GF

Ehra.5240

when we have 12(13) ascended pieces, those +4/5 will have a measurable impact. might want to keep that in mind

That’s assuming all ascended pieces will offer the utility slot. At the moment, only amulets offer that choice so it really is just a question of +4/5 or +20% GF/MF. Even if the utility slot becomes more common, the comparison remains the same. You’d ultimately be comparing +60/65 to one stat to 240/260% more gold. That’s a lot of coin.

Promoting MF and GF

Xavori.3768

I have thought of that. It’s why my plan is to have a single toon go all-in on the gold find/magic find thing which is what I do now. I have that toon run the majority of content that you don’t need to be optimized for.

For WvW, high level fractals, and hard content, I use real gear, either Zerker for all-in damage, or Ascalonian for all-in tank depending on what the rest of my group looks like.

Promoting MF and GF

kiba.2768

That’s assuming all ascended pieces will offer the utility slot. At the moment, only amulets offer that choice so it really is just a question of +4/5 or +20% GF/MF. Even if the utility slot becomes more common, the comparison remains the same. You’ll be comparing +60/65 to one stat to 240% more gold. That’s a lot of coin.

you seriously think anet is going to allow a 240% bonus to gold? i’m not a gambler, but i’m willing to bet my entire year’s income, house and car that that won’t happen.

Promoting MF and GF

Ehra.5240

That’s assuming all ascended pieces will offer the utility slot. At the moment, only amulets offer that choice so it really is just a question of +4/5 or +20% GF/MF. Even if the utility slot becomes more common, the comparison remains the same. You’ll be comparing +60/65 to one stat to 240% more gold. That’s a lot of coin.

you seriously think anet is going to allow a 240% bonus to gold? i’m not a gambler, but i’m willing to bet my entire year’s income, house and car that that won’t happen.

I don’t, which is why I pointed out that currently only the amulet can accept utility infusions, despite the fact that you can also purchase rings from the laurel merchant. However, you were bringing up the argument that, eventually, those +5s will make a large impact when we have more slots to fill them with. You said this in reply to someone saying that +5 isn’t a big deal compared to +20% MF/GF, implying that you feel that there will ever be a choice between filling 12/13 slots with +4/5 infusions or +20%.

Promoting MF and GF

kiba.2768

I don’t, which is why I pointed out that currently only the amulet can accept utility infusions, despite the fact that you can also purchase rings from the laurel merchant. However, you were bringing up the argument that, eventually, those +5s will make a large impact when we have more slots to fill them with. You said this in reply to someone saying that +5 isn’t a big deal compared to +20% MF/GF, implying that you feel that there will ever be a choice between filling 12/13 slots with +4/5 infusions or +20%.

so you took the long way to explain why you agree with my statement? seems counter intuitive

also, the rings don’t accept utility infusions, despite being sold by the laurel merchant. more evidence that the massive mf/gf scenario will not exist

Promoting MF and GF

Ehra.5240

No, I “took the long way” to explain how your comparison was either wrong or irrelevant. It’s ok, it’s not a big deal.

And, yes, I know the rings don’t accept utility infusions. I said that in both of my posts. That’s kind of my entire point. As I explained. In both of my posts.

(edited by Ehra.5240)

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If the +4 or +5 stack, by the same reasoning wouldn’t the +20 gf stack?
If that’s the case, in terms of dungeons that have significant coin drop (ie not fractals) definitely the gf. Ofc the devs could have in place something that disables the stacking of the gf/mf/kf in any combination or none at all idk.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Promoting MF and GF

Ehra.5240

If the +4 or +5 stack, by the same reasoning wouldn’t the +20 gf stack?
If that’s the case, in terms of dungeons that have significant coin drop (ie not fractals) definitely the gf. Ofc the devs could have in place something that disables the stacking of the gf/mf/kf in any combination or none at all idk.

Theoretically, they would stack. In practice only the amulets currently have the utility slot, which means it’s simply just an issue of a +5 to one stat vs 20% MF/GF.

Promoting MF and GF

kiba.2768

20% gf + 20% gf =/= 40% gf.

think of it in a multiplicative sense. stacking 2 superior sigils of force does not yield +10% dmg

Promoting MF and GF

TheBlackLeech.9360

Maybe it was a bit too much of an exaggeration when I used the dying 3x in the first room scenario.

True, your stats might not make up for your lack of skill…. and true, players get away with running gear that makes them “glass cannon” and rely on more skill than others, but that is not what I am getting at.

I just feel that MF gear in general does nothing but promote greed for individual players.

MF gear takes the place of other stats that could potentially help the team (or players around them) and turn it into increased rare loot for themselves.

There is no place for selfishness on a team. Playing on a team is about working together toward a common goal. Everyone wants to kick the enemies’ butts…. and everyone wants to get nice loot. If you are the anchor weighing the team down because you choose gear stats based on the selfish notion of getting better drops… the team should get at least SOME sort of compensation for carrying you. (even if you aren’t “carried” you could still be doing better with non-MF gear)

MF simply decreases your abilities as a player. Your skill might make up for some of the deficit…. but imagine how much better things would be if you had the gear that helped the team (instead of MF) while applying your skill as a player.

Promoting MF and GF

Ehra.5240

think of it in a multiplicative sense.

I’m curious what you’re basing this claim on. Ever reference I’ve seen to MF totals have involved people adding together their sources. When adding up Karma boosting effects, all effects are added together rather than being multiplicative with each other.. I’ve seen no reason to think gold find is any different.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

think of it in a multiplicative sense. stacking 2 superior sigils of force does not yield +10% dmg

This would mean that GF would work different than any other percentage boost in the game. Crit% boosts are additive just as MF% boosts are additive.

Two Sigils of Force don’t give a 10% damage bonus because you can’t stack sigils of the same type.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Assuming they both apply to base stats, then yes, it does equal 40%. But if you’re implying the second bonus would apply to the first’s modified stat, then you’d actually have a 44% increase. But we all know that’s not the case.

Promoting MF and GF

Xavori.3768

Maybe it was a bit too much of an exaggeration when I used the dying 3x in the first room scenario.

True, your stats might not make up for your lack of skill…. and true, players get away with running gear that makes them “glass cannon” and rely on more skill than others, but that is not what I am getting at.

I just feel that MF gear in general does nothing but promote greed for individual players.

MF gear takes the place of other stats that could potentially help the team (or players around them) and turn it into increased rare loot for themselves.

There is no place for selfishness on a team. Playing on a team is about working together toward a common goal. Everyone wants to kick the enemies’ butts…. and everyone wants to get nice loot. If you are the anchor weighing the team down because you choose gear stats based on the selfish notion of getting better drops… the team should get at least SOME sort of compensation for carrying you. (even if you aren’t “carried” you could still be doing better with non-MF gear)

MF simply decreases your abilities as a player. Your skill might make up for some of the deficit…. but imagine how much better things would be if you had the gear that helped the team (instead of MF) while applying your skill as a player.

And this is the point where the anti-MF argument becomes a “You must wear zerker armor” argument. To which my reply is: No.

Explorer’s armor is very solid DPS. It’s missing some power and has no crit damage buff, but it’s still DPS gear. In fact, it’s exactly equal to Knight’s except it trades out the toughness for magic find. If you as a player don’t need toughness, then Explorer’s is a very good choice.

And yes, I’d happily run most content in a party of MF wearing people provided they are all at least moderately skilled. After all, good players are good in any gear, and a bad player can be in perfect gear and still hurt the party.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

The major complaint against MF is that you sacrifice efficiency to gain something for yourself that doesn’t benefit the group. A handful of points to a primary stat is trivial in comparison to 20 GF/MF. There’s no reason not to make that trade, because the additional stats you could bring in are worthless.

Tier 1 Casual

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My complaint against MF is that it is an unnecessary tax on farming. If you want better drops, you have to have it and wear it over the long haul. If they dropped MF on gear and boosted everyone’s drop rates by 100%, they’d alleviate a lot of the complaints about the game being unrewarding.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

- Al Zheimer

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

honestly who ever dies with MF gear on is going to die with regular gear on ……. some people just dont know how to play the game i did 1-20 fractals with no ar and mf gear on no problem….. people just suck at the game…

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: THACO.7021

THACO.7021

The problem is … MF Gear death = Death on regular Gear basicly 11k Damage without sigils for example Do i become worthless by adding MF Ruens or sigils into my gear? Not realy no

in fact Player Skill beats Items in this game prove otherwise

people like you would complain if someoen was running frac without say Red Ring of Death which you can only get by running Frac

Promoting MF and GF

TheBlackLeech.9360

The major complaint against MF is that you sacrifice efficiency to gain something for yourself that doesn’t benefit the group. A handful of points to a primary stat is trivial in comparison to 20 GF/MF. There’s no reason not to make that trade, because the additional stats you could bring in are worthless.

Worthless to you? maybe.

Worthless to the team? I don’t think so.

Numbers add up.

If you are running MF in all available slots, you are sacrificing a large chunk of useful stats.

Multiply that by the number of people in your team, and you will notice a significant decrease in performance.

Maybe the infusion slot is too small for many of you to care about choosing MF or GF… but it promotes people to use more MF/GF.

How many people using MF consumables instead of ones that increase stats?

How many people getting an MF amulet to put a MF/GF infusion on?

How many people “running max magic find” after they get their amulet?

People don’t just run one piece of MF gear, and if they are running the gear they are usually using a consumable as well.

And this is the point where the anti-MF argument becomes a “You must wear zerker armor” argument. To which my reply is: No.

Explorer’s armor is very solid DPS. It’s missing some power and has no crit damage buff, but it’s still DPS gear. In fact, it’s exactly equal to Knight’s except it trades out the toughness for magic find. If you as a player don’t need toughness, then Explorer’s is a very good choice.

And yes, I’d happily run most content in a party of MF wearing people provided they are all at least moderately skilled. After all, good players are good in any gear, and a bad player can be in perfect gear and still hurt the party.

Players who run Knight’s gear most-likely use berzerker’s jewels. …or are traited in some way to deal condition dmg on crit or just plain old crit damage.

If you are glass cannon without the crit dmg, you are more glass than you are cannon.

Even if you round your stats off completely to the point where you do have toughness, aren’t made of glass, and can actually contribute a little to the benefit of a team… think about where you could have increased stats in place of magic find.

“Oh I am running damage” No… you are running MF.

If I get paid more money at my job for cutting off two fingers from my right hand…
I cut off 2 fingers but…. its still a hand, right?

Does that make it as useful as a hand with all 5 fingers? Definitely not.

Can I still use my hand with 3 fingers? Definitely

Do I want to? Hell no.

You are still sacrificing an ENTIRE potential stat increase for Magic find with explorer’s armor.

[Edited by Moderator]

(edited by Moderator)

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

This is actually one of the main things keeping me out of dungeons. I just recently got to level 80 and dont have a huge guild so usualy run with randoms for dungeons and cant help but think that the guys who die/go down 50+ times per run(im not super good and i only die 10-20 times a run) are running MF gear and just leeching off the rest of us. This is exact opposite of what should be happening in a team game.

I honestly cant believe that MF doesnt effect whole party, this is a MMO it is ment to be played as a team/teamwork required game is it not? you need 5 players for a dungeon do you not? so why the kitten isnt MF group shared?

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I don’t really understand the “if he dies in mf gear, he’ll die in regular gear too” argument tbh. If you switch to knights, you’ll be 2/3 of the direct damage you were before.

That’s like an extra layer of permanent protection. Even if someone’s not a good player, that’s still gonna make him much more likely to survive. Especially if he’s only dying dying by a fair margin, since it would now take 1.5x more direct damage to kill him.

There’s more than just extremes in skills, so those extra stats can make quite the difference. If he’s dying a lot, it’d probably be worthwhile to switch to a set of non mf gear, it’ll help him die less even if he’s as unskilled as before.

As for the rewarding player skill thing, using mf means contributing less to the team, so I don’t think sharing mf is too crazy of an idea or anything to add as a party option.

Edit: The main point is, if he sucks in mf gear, it’s true he’ll probably still suck in normal gear, but at least he’ll suck less.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Trust me, that guy that died 3x in the first room of the dungeon would die 3x in the first room of the dungeon if he wasn’t wearing MF gear. Sometimes it’s just the skill factor and the player himself.

That one extra stat on his gear would not have tipped the scales in his favor to make him a productive member of the team.

This is well on point, but most people would rather blame the gear. One does not out their gear as MF unless they want to become the party’s scapegoat in the case that something goes wrong.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if the devs would address MF in some way, solely because of the toxic environment that has arisen in the community around the stat.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

In many dungeons, I run MF gear and die less than other players who wear PVT gear. It depends so heavily on player skill that it’s not a big deal. I contribute near-max dps in my MF gear and still rarely go down, so really I don’t think it detracts that heavily from the team’s efficiency. That said, in actually difficult content (or WvW) I run my other sets of armor without MF, but there is so little actually difficult content that it’s not all that frequent (basically this is for some specific parts in Fractals, boss fights like GL, Simin, and so forth).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Getsuga.4863

Getsuga.4863

Making my triforge amulet into an ascended gear was probably the worst thing I’ve ever done in this game. No good for fractuals because of no agony and a useless utility slot where I could’ve added in upgrades for high stats for better contribution in dungeons. And did I mention they have a laurel amulet with exactly the same stats? Having a lot of MF compared to some really seem to make little difference.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Making it party-wide has been tried in other games and it didn’t work. It simply creates the same problem with a different face on it. The new outcry becomes, hey, I go to all the trouble and expense to acquire X% MF and this other guy is full zerker and he gets to share my MF? That’s outrageously unfair!! And, yes, it would be unfair, just as unfair as the MF leech who benefits more from contributing less.

There is a solution to the MF problem. D3 tried sharing MF and an equally vocal outcry ensued. They reverted it back to un-shared based on the outcry. Their ultimate solution was to remove it from gear over time via the paragon level system. There is no good solution to the MF problem in games where grouping is possible other than to remove it from gear entirely.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Sad but true.
it is funny that you finish same fractal in 40 minutes or 1.5 hours or fail. Just cause many ppls use magic find.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Rynomyte.2485

Rynomyte.2485

If I run dungeons mainly to make gold, why would I not run MF gear?

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

In general I will rip anyone who brings mf gear to a dungeon into pieces, however when it comes to gold infusion/mf infusion in the new amulets, the only time I would possibly be bothered by it is if im in a fractal with someone who is clearly lacking AR.

Personally I will proudly be wearing my Ascended amulet with a gold infusion, and I must honestly say I don’t see why anyone in theyr right mind would choose 4 power instead of it.

By the time more then 30AR is required, most of us will be able to afford a second amulet anyways, or simply get a triforge.

That said, I really think we need a inspect feature, I have no intrest in pulling some smuck wearing full mf set trough a dungeon so he can get greater rewards, while I get less per hour because of it.

I am just glad most of them are stupid enough to run around with the mf sigil, they might aswell put up a big red blinking sign saying “Hey, Look at me, Im a moron wearing Mf gear, kick me plz!”

PS: poster let me know how much that 4 power increased your dps.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

That said, I really think we need a inspect feature

Oh god no. Disable MF in dungeons or groups…or just remove it entirely. Adding an inspect feature is exactly the wrong approach to this.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

I would like to have it removed as much as the next guy, fact is its never gonna happen however..

inspecting is the next best things from what I can see ..

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Sad but true.
it is funny that you finish same fractal in 40 minutes or 1.5 hours or fail. Just cause many ppls use magic find.

Yeah. Funny. It’s all about the one stat. Not the player. Cause all ya leets are so precise you kitten on plate and make no splash, so always have the same run times unless you have an MF anchor holding your back. Nope. Don’t use any, except for my karka shell earring

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Wait… are dungeons hard or something?

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I don’t want to start a tiff here but this assumption is simply untrue.

I’m appreciative of this thread pushing the idea that magic-find is a poorly implemented feature of Guild Wars 2 and should be looked into; however, there have been dozens upon dozens of these threads. Thankfully, I read a few of them and am a little educated in the matter, so I’ll reiterate (poorly I’m afraid) what I’ve read in other threads. The math has already been compared, and the amount of stats, though not significantly large, was not so negligible to be ignored. The difference very well could make an impact on game play.

I’m afraid to post how disheartened I’m becoming everytime I head to these forums. Not in response to complaints but watching the direction the game is taking without any alteration to truly disruptive game mechanics. Magic find is one of these ignored features.

Promoting MF and GF

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

In many dungeons, I run MF gear and die less than other players who wear PVT gear. It depends so heavily on player skill that it’s not a big deal. I contribute near-max dps in my MF gear and still rarely go down, so really I don’t think it detracts that heavily from the team’s efficiency. That said, in actually difficult content (or WvW) I run my other sets of armor without MF, but there is so little actually difficult content that it’s not all that frequent (basically this is for some specific parts in Fractals, boss fights like GL, Simin, and so forth).

Running berzerker’s instead of explorers will net you 30%+ more dps depending on your critrate and other traits.

So yeah. You might not be dying, but you’re still screwing your group by making the run take longer, for personal gain.

MF is a dumb stat that should be removed from the game. If it’s not going to be removed, then it should be averaged with the whole party, since the whole party suffers the downside they should all enjoy some of the upside too.