Props to Rubi and the PoI Program

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think it’s awesome that we are seeing some people from different departments talk about their work done on the game. Usually when I think about ANet as a development team it’s hard to imagine faces other than the handful that we see most frequently.

Having Drew and Jerry on the show was awesome and so interesting. I look forward to seeing more of ANet on the program!

Thanks for the awesome hard work you guys put into making the sounds so unique!

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I’d date her. If you’re reading this Rubi, me and you, date at a city of your choosing. Preferably ebonhawke

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

Poi is just as interesting as the eq2 show, it puts me to sleep marvellously :’) amazing how they can stretch so little information over such a length of time :p

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Waves. Hi Rubi! I haven’t had the chance to watch the most recent installment, but POI is getting better and better. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d date her. If you’re reading this Rubi, me and you, date at a city of your choosing. Preferably ebonhawke

She’s married with at least one kid. Gerroff!

I’m sorry I couldn’t watch most of the PoI today, my mom’s housecleaners came in my bedroom to vacuum during it … So I just saw bits of the part with Colin, which I suspect were pre-recorded since the blog announcing the PoI had a still image from their conversation. Unless that was from rehearsal.

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

I think it’s awesome that we are seeing some people from different departments talk about their work done on the game. Usually when I think about ANet as a development team it’s hard to imagine faces other than the handful that we see most frequently.

Having Drew and Jerry on the show was awesome and so interesting. I look forward to seeing more of ANet on the program!

Thanks for the awesome hard work you guys put into making the sounds so unique!

Thanks! This is something I’ve been wanting to do on the show pretty much since it began, and it’s exciting that all of the pieces are finally coming together to make it happen. The audio team will be a semi-regular recurring piece (we’ve already got two more segments sketched out to use sometime in the near future), but I want to spend time with other teams too.

My first priority is to not impact any team’s work on HoT, so segments will happen as they’re able.

I’m sorry I couldn’t watch most of the PoI today, my mom’s housecleaners came in my bedroom to vacuum during it … So I just saw bits of the part with Colin, which I suspect were pre-recorded since the blog announcing the PoI had a still image from their conversation. Unless that was from rehearsal.

That was All Live Colin today. The still images on the blog posts and social media are from rehearsals–I just pull some good screenshots from the recording. It saves photography time.

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

Yesterday’s POI was indeed intersting and I liked the part with the sound department very much and see how they build up the sounds for the game. I like your idea of having departments show off their work for Heart of Thorns during POI. Just after the release of the game there were interviews with people of the art team about their work would love to see something like that again, Hidden Arcana is a good starter.

I have two requests for POI, the first is for PvP 1o1 I would like to hear something about keybindings I see you use E,R,F,C&Q for the utilities something that is not standard also I saw that Josh Davis had special keybindings for his Engineer’s toolbelt skills. I would love the hear more about that, as an engi I still have difficulty hitting the new F5 due to its positioning on the keyboard.

Second is just hoping from my side but when the Engineer’s elite specialization is announced I would love to see Colin Johanson come on POI to explain us about this elite specialization since he plays an Engineer himself.

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Yesterday’s POI was indeed intersting and I liked the part with the sound department very much and see how they build up the sounds for the game. I like your idea of having departments show off their work for Heart of Thorns during POI. Just after the release of the game there were interviews with people of the art team about their work would love to see something like that again, Hidden Arcana is a good starter.

I have two requests for POI, the first is for PvP 1o1 I would like to hear something about keybindings I see you use E,R,F,C&Q for the utilities something that is not standard also I saw that Josh Davis had special keybindings for his Engineer’s toolbelt skills. I would love the hear more about that, as an engi I still have difficulty hitting the new F5 due to its positioning on the keyboard.

Second is just hoping from my side but when the Engineer’s elite specialization is announced I would love to see Colin Johanson come on POI to explain us about this elite specialization since he plays an Engineer himself.

Keybindings are a good idea for a topic on PvP101–I’m going to add that to the list. Hugh and I have been moving back and forth between map and profession guides, but with things in flux right now this might be a good time for something like that. Thanks for the idea!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would like to see John Smith on POI at some time and maybe some team members from the rewards team talking a bit about their work regarding HoT or if that isnt possible without releasing economy sensitive imformation prematurely, talk a bit about all the changes towards the reward system they introduced since Season 2.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

We need more of Joshua and Peter, that was such a fun PoI to watch.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I just want to say that these recent PoI’s have been excellent and incredibly interesting, and I really hope more departments of Anet get their spotlight to show off what they have been working on and what they do.

As a side note, it would be a true laugh to have Peter Fries return at some point. His upbeat discussions on character deaths in combination with his smile makes me crack up every time.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Josh Foreman & Peter Fries

In. Every. Episode. Please.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More Maclaine and Leif. And always, more Colin.

Thanks for all your hard work. Always enjoy the PoIs.

(Is Ready-Up on hiatus? I noticed next week is another PoI.)

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

Keybindings are a good idea for a topic on PvP101–I’m going to add that to the list. Hugh and I have been moving back and forth between map and profession guides, but with things in flux right now this might be a good time for something like that. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks Rubi for the last PvP 101 and the keybindings tutorial it was really usefull and the day after I immediately made some of my own.