Prove that you can finish *something*, Anet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I guess Anet never finished EoTM or the personal wardrobe, or Living Story Season 2. Anet has finished many things, and they’ve abandoned others, pretty much like every MMO I’ve ever played.

In fact, in MMOs most things aren’t really supposed to be finished. They’re always moving on.

I mean Guild Halls are finished, but they’re going to add more Guild Halls I’m sure.

Guild Halls aren’t finished, several people reported they’ve done all the upgrades and are stuck in the 60s. Unless there is another way to level.

wouldent say wardrobe is finished either since we still dont have all the spvp skins able to be unlocked.

The wardrobe is finished. That it doesn’t contain all the skins, well it’s NEVER going to contain all the skins, simply because new skins come out all the time. How many skins or which skins doesn’t mean as a feature the wardrobe isn’t finished.

White Knight much?

If it does not have every skin it makes it incomplete. Still it is not like it is the only feature that needs more work.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Anet has yet to prove that it’s capable of finishing ANYTHING they start working on. These are issues that are dragging on since release. So before moving on to another thing I suggest you turn around and take good look at what you terrible lack of consistency and discipline left in its wake. These are too big to be left in a state they are in right now!

1. Ascended crafting.

• No 500 jewelcrafting
  • No jewel socketing on ascended, of course
  • No 500 cook.

2. Still no sign of full core skill sets that were promised eons ago.

• Elementalist (conjure heal, arcane elite, signet elite)
  • Warrior (banner heal, physical heal, Mending undefined, elite stance, elite shout)
  • Ranger (signet heal, elite trap, elite signet)
  • Necromancer (spectral heal, elite signet, elite well)
  • Guardian (spirit weapon heal, consecration heal, Shelter undefined, elite spirit weapon, elite consecration)
  • Thief (trap heal, elite signet, elite trap)
  • Engineer (gadget heal, elite gadget)
  • Mesmer (glamour heal, Ether Feast undefined, clone/phantasm heal, elite mantra, elite clone/phantasm)

3. Everything related to underwater left in shambles

• No second Revenant underwater weapon.
  • Ton of skills not working underwater across all classes
  • discontinued production of underwater skins

4. Legendary weapons dropped

5. LS season 1 still missing

6. SAB never going to get finished

Probably I’m missing more stuff that’s just dropped unfinished into the game, but to me these are the biggest, most glaring issues that need to be addressed.

1) While I can see jewlecrafting getting bumped to 500 I really don’t see the benefit of increasing cooking to 500. Food in its current state is already strong. Even for JC we still have numerous easy methods to obtain ascended trinkets so I don’t really see a need for them to work on it now but could be something they introduce later.

2) Can you provide a link to Anet saying they were going to “complete” the core skills? I’ve never heard it before and would love to read up on that.

3) I will agree with underwater combat needing some overhauls but tbh I’m not expecting that until the Deep Sea Dragon expansion.

4) Again, can’t argue because they did put them on an indefinite suspension.

5) LS1 is not “missing”. In fact, it was completed. Anet has stated before that they would like to add LS1 stuff back for people to play, however, the majority of the LS1 content was open world events. Most of the instanced stuff is in fractals right now. Maybe they can come up with a method that “rebirths” the LS1 events but give them a little spin to make it seem like the different factions(Flame and Frost, Toxic Alliance, etc) are trying to establish themselves again.

6) That’s just speculation. In the Guild Chat one of the SAB devs even stated they wanted to make world 3 for this release but they just didn’t have the time.

All in all, Anet doesn’t really need to “prove” they can finish something because there are tons of finished things in the game already.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

and somehow they forgot about our role as commander of the pact during season 1

That’s because, due to how Season 1 worked, not everyone WAS pact commander at the time. Some were low-level nobodies.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

1) While I can see jewlecrafting getting bumped to 500 I really don’t see the benefit of increasing cooking to 500. Food in its current state is already strong. Even for JC we still have numerous easy methods to obtain ascended trinkets so I don’t really see a need for them to work on it now but could be something they introduce later.

What I want to know is why they decided against 500 jewelcrafting in the first place? They were obviously either in the progress of doing or very much intending to do it at some point, looking at the fact that obvious mats for it exist in the game, we just can’t get them.

I mean, yeah… ascended trinkets drop like candy if you do the right kind of content, but with raids the acquisition of weapons and armor has also been made a lot easier. So in retrospect if they added the ability to craft ascended trinkets it wouldn’t really be any different from how armor and weapons are now.

2) Can you provide a link to Anet saying they were going to “complete” the core skills? I’ve never heard it before and would love to read up on that.

I would like to know this too, because I really want this to have a chance at happening.

3) I will agree with underwater combat needing some overhauls but tbh I’m not expecting that until the Deep Sea Dragon expansion.

I don’t think the DSD expansion would come before this overhaul happens, or if it does they would probably do some weird contrivance to allow land combat to happen in it no matter what. I think underwater combat is in a bit of a catch 22 situation, it makes no sense to develop major content if underwater combat remains as it is and it makes no sense to rewamp it because there is no major content tied to it and people have been predisposed to dislike it.

All in all, Anet doesn’t really need to “prove” they can finish something because there are tons of finished things in the game already.

Yeah they do, but with recent news and lack of content, and shall we say underwhelming expansion (I think the content we did get with HoT is, in a sense very high quality, but there isn’t that much of it and it is pretty formulaic unfortunately), I can understand where the OP is coming from even though his choice of words for expressing his opinion might not be entirely on point.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

5) LS1 is not “missing”. In fact, it was completed. Anet has stated before that they would like to add LS1 stuff back for people to play, however, the majority of the LS1 content was open world events. Most of the instanced stuff is in fractals right now. Maybe they can come up with a method that “rebirths” the LS1 events but give them a little spin to make it seem like the different factions(Flame and Frost, Toxic Alliance, etc) are trying to establish themselves again.

6) That’s just speculation. In the Guild Chat one of the SAB devs even stated they wanted to make world 3 for this release but they just didn’t have the time.

You’re using same faulty reasoning and I already explained that having one method of acquisition doesn’t automatically mean that you shouldn’t have this other method especially in case of such system like crafting that is big part of the game. That line of thinking, is a downward, ever regressing spiral. With it I can peel off layer after layer of game content until there’s nothing left.

Here’s the link:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

New Skill and Traits
We’ll begin regularly adding new skills and traits to the game for each profession to expand your characters and builds! You will be able to earn these new traits and skills by unlocking them. To go along with this, we’ll expand the content and options to earn skill points to help encourage players to experience different challenges and content throughout the world. These skills and traits will be designed to be balanced with the existing skills/traits we currently have in the game, and will simply compliment and expand the range of abilities and tactics available to each profession. Both WvW and PvE players can acquire skills and traits, and additional means of earning skill points will be addressed for both core content areas.
The regular addition of skills and traits that you can earn as you play provides us an extremely stable, easily expandable reward system that fits neatly into the pillars of progression and advancement that Guild Wars 2 are all about. Your character will be able to grow and change for years to come without invalidating everything you’ve earned so far.

edit: added quote

Now bear in mind that I’m calling them “core” skills from today’s perspective. Back then there were only “skills”. And before you mention elite specs, no, that’s clearly not what they meant. Some progress has been made in that department and everything they have done pointed to the intent to complete core sets of skills.
For example:
Troll Ungent used to be undefined heal skill, then it became Survival and “We heal as one” became Shout and Healing Spring became trap.
Mesmers got new signet heal and Moa elite was turned into signet to complete the set.
Guardian’s Tomes were removed because they didn’t fall into any category.
etc etc
The intent was clear! However the project never reached completion.

What I said about SAB is not a speculation. Here’s what Josh Foreman said about it 26:35. If this is not confirmation enough to you that this is as much SAB as you’ll ever get, then nothing will ever be.
https://youtu.be/PLRQWkcDiCI
And no, some hypothetical completion of SAB worlds 3-4 years down the line doesn’t count if it’s only met by crickets chirping.

(edited by Zergs.9715)

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

You’re using same faulty reasoning and I already explained that having one method of acquisition doesn’t automatically mean that you shouldn’t have this other method especially in case of such system like crafting that is big part of the game. That line of thinking, is a downward, ever regressing spiral. With it I can peel off layer after layer of game content until there’s nothing left.

Here’s the link:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

New Skill and Traits
We’ll begin regularly adding new skills and traits to the game for each profession to expand your characters and builds! You will be able to earn these new traits and skills by unlocking them. To go along with this, we’ll expand the content and options to earn skill points to help encourage players to experience different challenges and content throughout the world. These skills and traits will be designed to be balanced with the existing skills/traits we currently have in the game, and will simply compliment and expand the range of abilities and tactics available to each profession. Both WvW and PvE players can acquire skills and traits, and additional means of earning skill points will be addressed for both core content areas.
The regular addition of skills and traits that you can earn as you play provides us an extremely stable, easily expandable reward system that fits neatly into the pillars of progression and advancement that Guild Wars 2 are all about. Your character will be able to grow and change for years to come without invalidating everything you’ve earned so far.

edit: added quote

Now bear in mind that I’m calling them “core” skills from today’s perspective. Back then there were only “skills”. And before you mention elite specs, no, that’s clearly not what they meant. Some progress has been made in that department and everything they have done pointed to the intent to complete core sets of skills.
For example:
Troll Ungent used to be undefined heal skill, then it became Survival and “We heal as one” became Shout and Healing Spring became trap.
Mesmers got new signet heal and Moa elite was turned into signet to complete the set.
Guardian’s Tomes were removed because they didn’t fall into any category.
etc etc
The intent was clear! However the project never reached completion.

What I said about SAB is not a speculation. Here’s what Josh Foreman said about it 26:35. If this is not confirmation enough to you that this is as much SAB as you’ll ever get, then nothing will ever be.
https://youtu.be/PLRQWkcDiCI
And no, some hypothetical completion of SAB worlds 3-4 years down the line doesn’t count if it’s only met by crickets chirping.

Well if you read the 1 statement you would see that I never said I’m against the idea of them bumping JC up to 500. What I said is “Even for JC we still have numerous easy methods to obtain ascended trinkets so I don’t really see a need for them to work on it now but could be something they introduce later.” I have no problem with them bumping up JC to 500 but right now I don’t really see a need to because ascended trinkets are actually easier to get than ascended armor/weapons. Just to reiterate, no problem with JC getting bumped to 500, just not right now.

For the skills, I was not going to mention elite specs because at the time of that post(2013) I doubt elite specs were even an idea. They did, however, start to implement some of the things they mentioned. The problem was though that people did not like it. For example, GM traits were locked behind the completion of certain things like killing a certain Temple boss or something like that. People didn’t like it so Anet got rid of that system.

The existing skills were reworked so that they would fit into a certain category and thus gain the benefits of traits. A prime example of this were the old guardian elites. The guardian tomes gained no benefits because they did not fall into a certain category. If I remember correctly the only skill that affected them was the old guard trait that increased elite skill duration by 20%. Because these skills did not fall into a certain category they were often inferior to the ones that gained extra bonuses from traits. Now me personally I see this as a reworking of skills so that they synergize and opens your character up to more build diversity. If you see it has something different well, I can’t change your opinion.

Finally, I heard that statement made about SAB and to me it was the same as legendaries. There’s a chance it will get worked on but right now priorities are focused on expanding the content like with LS and what not.

To quote Anet from that same article you listed “As always, the content above is subject to change as we test and iterate on these systems.” Maybe priorities will change again and SAB and legendaries will be completed sooner than people think.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Well if you read the 1 statement you would see that I never said I’m against the idea of them bumping JC up to 500. What I said is “Even for JC we still have numerous easy methods to obtain ascended trinkets so I don’t really see a need for them to work on it now but could be something they introduce later.” I have no problem with them bumping up JC to 500 but right now I don’t really see a need to because ascended trinkets are actually easier to get than ascended armor/weapons. Just to reiterate, no problem with JC getting bumped to 500, just not right now.

And I never claimed that you were against. I just said that your justification for them not being in the game is based on faulty reasoning. Those are two different things.

For the skills, I was not going to mention elite specs because at the time of that post(2013) I doubt elite specs were even an idea. They did, however, start to implement some of the things they mentioned. The problem was though that people did not like it. For example, GM traits were locked behind the completion of certain things like killing a certain Temple boss or something like that. People didn’t like it so Anet got rid of that system.

The old and hated trait system was removed, however I don’t see how this has anything to do with completing skill sets. We now have a new trait system and all the skills that were added during previous era are functional.

The existing skills were reworked so that they would fit into a certain category and thus gain the benefits of traits. A prime example of this were the old guardian elites. The guardian tomes gained no benefits because they did not fall into a certain category. If I remember correctly the only skill that affected them was the old guard trait that increased elite skill duration by 20%. Because these skills did not fall into a certain category they were often inferior to the ones that gained extra bonuses from traits. Now me personally I see this as a reworking of skills so that they synergize and opens your character up to more build diversity. If you see it has something different well, I can’t change your opinion.

This is just stating the obvious. Yes I agree with pretty much anything said, however I’m saying that the job is not finished. First skills sets are not complete. Second not even all existing skills were categorized.

Finally, I heard that statement made about SAB and to me it was the same as legendaries. There’s a chance it will get worked on but right now priorities are focused on expanding the content like with LS and what not.

No company will ever outright tell you “no that’s never going to happen”. This is why phrases “indefinitely postponed” are being thrown around, because they are leaving you that sliver of hope to latch onto. It’s like calling a dead man – life shy.

To quote Anet from that same article you listed “As always, the content above is subject to change as we test and iterate on these systems.” Maybe priorities will change again and SAB and legendaries will be completed sooner than people think.

I’ve already addressed that quote and stated my opinions on it in one of my previous posts. And just to be clear, I really wish you were right about that, but given the track record I find it hard to share your optimism.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

Consistency in a product. When you buy coca cola, you get coca cola. If you buy it again you get coca cola. Sometimes, they have different flavors. If you buy vanilla coke, it tastes like vanilla coke. Point is, coke never discontinues classic coke. They add flavors, and they give what’s advertised, but the core product doesn’t change.

Let me explain what is wanted: If something is advertised, we want what’s advertised. They need to seriously think about weather they should advertise what they can’t make. They also need a core product that is consistent. Core Guild Wars 2 hasn’t had any updates to what the base of it is.

Now while this is being done, we ALSO want new stuff. What is wanted is both, not one or the other. Is this unreasonable? maybe, but it’s what was advertised.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Consistency in a product. When you buy coca cola, you get coca cola. If you buy it again you get coca cola. Sometimes, they have different flavors. If you buy vanilla coke, it tastes like vanilla coke. Point is, coke never discontinues classic coke. They add flavors, and they give what’s advertised, but the core product doesn’t change.

Let me explain what is wanted: If something is advertised, we want what’s advertised. They need to seriously think about weather they should advertise what they can’t make. They also need a core product that is consistent. Core Guild Wars 2 hasn’t had any updates to what the base of it is.

Now while this is being done, we ALSO want new stuff. What is wanted is both, not one or the other. Is this unreasonable? maybe, but it’s what was advertised.

I think you should say I instead of we.

Raids were advertised, but I think it’s obvious many people don’t want them in the game at all.

Crise.9401

Raids were advertised, but I think it’s obvious many people don’t want them in the game at all.

I don’t mind raids being in the game at all, I will most likely never play them… however, what I do mind is if raid development is the reason people like me who have no interest in them have nothing to do in the mean time.

I don’t know if this is the case, maybe we would simply have had no releases at all if it were not raid wings they kept putting out, however, if this is the case then there is some major problems in terms of how long it takes for them to produce content.

We are now almost half way to April and we have still to see them add any other actually new content into the game post HoT (excluding raids obviously). Supposedly they are hard at work on season 3, however, we still don’t even know when that is supposed to be coming at all (besides, after raid wing 3, the timeframe of which we have no idea).

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

1) There was simply no reason for Level 500 Food and Jewelry. It was the presumption of the players that these crafts would go to 500.

“We’ll expand all crafting professions to allow them to reach a new milestone: 500 points!” (2013)

There’s also the Xunlai Ingot

From the same article:

“As always, the content above is subject to change as we test and iterate on these systems.”

Changing your mind on doing something isn’t quite the same as not finishing it. For example we were going to put a shed in our back yard, but we decided on a gazebo instead.

They probably did some tests, and figured the time, energy and expense to level it wouldn’t be worth it, so they changed their minds about doing it.

You’re making a completely different argument than that quote was meant to express. Context matters. If you read it, Behellagh said that the players made the presumption that the two crafts would be expanded to 500. The quote shows that it was not an assumption made by the players, but it was based on actual information given by ANET.

Also, anyone who is using the “And you wonder why ANET doesn’t communicate with players” argument: Yeah, it’s super unreasonable to expect that people mean what they say. Why is it that in this format, it’s suddenly inappropriate to use official communication as a fact of intention? This is on the same level as politicians who make stupid statements and then say, “That was not intended to be a factual statement.”

You say things like that, and then you turn around and act like anyone who questions the various development plans that are currently “on the table” are people who just want to complain about everything and if ANET says they’re doing something, then they’re doing it and that’s that.

How do you even live with that kind of cognitive dissonance going on? It boggles the mind.

I live with it quite easily because I know the company is doing stuff that I like. I was told straight out we wouldn’t have gliding in core Tyria, but we do.

I find that adds to my game a lot more than more raids being out, or even more legendary weapons. It’s something I use frequently.

That’s how I live with it. I don’t get everything I want, and sometimes I don’t even get everything mentioned, but I get other stuff I didn’t expect to get.

Thing is, while I personally agree with you that gliding in Central Tyria is a far more fun and useful addition than more Legendaries I won’t make, I have to recognise that; a) that is a totally subjective opinion, on my behalf and b) they did, specifically, promise people the legendaries, in their marketing materials.

So, while we may be happy, in this instance, that doesn’t make it an OK thing for companies to do, in general.

…and in fact, if other types of companies did something like it, they would be in big trouble.

For example, if you bought a vacuum cleaner and they (intentionally) delivered a lawn mower, while you might be happy, as you happened to need a lawn mower even more than you did a vacuum cleaner (and felt it was worth more), that wouldn’t make it OK, if other people who bought the vacuum cleaner didn’t happen to agree with you.

…and OK, you could say that they are only changing a part of the vacuum cleaner, but even that isn’t really OK.

For example, if you ordered a vacuum cleaner that used bags and they sent you a bagless one instead, you would be under no obligation to accept that change, even if they (and some other people) viewed it as an improvement.

You are supposed to get exactly what you ordered; not a different thing, even if it could be viewed as better.

That’s kind of how trade works.

These analogies, everyone single one of them is pointless for a lot of reasons. Guild Wars 2 isn’t a vacuum cleaner. A court would have to determine if it’s a product or a service and both products and services come under different laws.

The whole false advertising commentary, at least in the states, presupposes intention to deceive by the company who creates the advertisement. That has to be proven in court and so far, no one can prove that intention to deceive exists. Laws exist to protect consumers, but laws also exist to protect companies.

If Anet had every intention of doing something and they say they’re going to do it and they don’t, then we have to actually prove they knew before they said they were going to do it that they couldn’t do it at that time. If no one has proven that, then it’s not false advertising. Nor is it a vacuum.

What you’re paying for when you purchase an MMO is access to an account and a world. That’s what you pay for. The specific nature of what you get in that work is determined by a lot of different factors, including fan pressure.

Simple example, HOT was advertised with a new WvW zone. That zone WAS delivered and many people, I’m sure most people, didn’t like the zone. So if Anet brings back the old zone due to player pressure, and that zone isn’t here anymore, they’re not actually false advertising, or breaking a promise. They made the zone and players asked for the old zone back.

In effect, the new “promised” zone won’t be here, but it’s still not false advertising.

All this comparing HoT to a vacuum cleaner is pointless. One thing is a service and one thing is a product. They follow different laws.

What you’re really paying for is a game key.

A better analogy would be buying a season ticket to a theme park based on the idea that one ride would be available and then finding out they weren’t going to finish it due to reasons.

In the mean time though, you’ve gone to the park and ridden other rides and seen other shows. That’s the best analogy for an MMO, particularly a theme park MMO.

You may not like this, but this is by far the best anology. A theme park isn’t a vacuum cleaner and sometimes planned things don’t happen. You could try to sue the theme park, and you could even ask for a refund. The problem is you’ve already used part of the product.

If you can PROVE that you bought this only because of one feature, and you never entered the park and did other stuff, or you can prove the theme park never had any intention of adding the attraction, you’d be right.

In this case those, with Anet furnishing 25% of the content listed, you’d have a very hard time proving in court that they didn’t intend to go further.

All they’d have to say is we did start providing this content and it proved unpopular with the percentage of the playerbase, so to give people more content they did want, we changed tracks.

And that would be enough to quash anything you could prove in court.

Well, while that may, or may not, be true legally speaking*, that is almost certainly not how most customers will view the situation.

…and how people view the situation is almost as important as whether they do, or do not, currently have a legal claim to compensation.

The more people lose faith and trust in the games industry, the fewer customers it will retain.

That is the point I was trying to make.

Not whether someone (in some undisclosed location) could, or could not, successfully sue Anet over this, at the current time, or not.

But sure, let’s go with the theme park analogy.

Let’s say someone bought a season ticket, for a theme park, on the advertised promise of a new ride, which was due to be opened at some point during the season.

Then, when they had got the ticket and had visited the park a few times, on the offchance the ride had opened (because, for some reason, the park simply refused to provide a specific opening date, or time) and had, perhaps, had to hang around the park waiting, they had then finally found out there was, in fact, going to be no new ride.

Or, not the specific ride advertised, anyway.

It wouldn’t really matter if they had tried to fill their time while waiting and/or had tried to console themselves, after they had found out there would be no new ride after all, by using some of the other attractions, would it?

Almost anyone would, after all – I certainly think it’s fair to say the “reasonable man” would.

They would still have been severely misled by an advertising flyer and would have made that purchase, mainly for a specific thing, which then wasn’t delivered.

Therefore, I think they would almost certainly be entitled to a refund (in the UK, at least).

I don’t really think the intention to add the ride, or not, would matter either.

If you promise a specific thing, to customers (or potential customers), you are supposed to deliver it; not just intend to deliver it and then change your mind (even if it’s for good reason).

…and this applies to services, too.

I provide services, with my business and I can’t just decide that I won’t provide the ordered service, for whatever reason, or that I will give the client some other service, instead.

If I can’t, or don’t want to, provide the specific service, I have to refund them.

…and OK, they are paying for a specific service, as opposed to a “theme park” of services, with me, but still.

Yes, things can change in games and adjustments may need to be made, but if that is the type of industry you find yourself in, you should either try to promise less (or sound far less definite, in your advertising), or be prepared to refund disappointed customers, from time to time.

Not that I’m saying, for one moment, I think everyone should ask for a refund, if they have used and enjoyed other aspects of the xpac.

I hope most people will be fair about the situation.

My point is, that I think they (reasonably) could, in the UK at least, if they wanted to and that is not a situation a company should put itself in.

*As you say, a lot of that probably depends on the customer’s location.

For example, I live in the UK and the British government were talking about making video games viewed (legally) like any other product and subject to the same consumer laws.

Not sure if that has been implemented yet(?), these things often take a while and I haven’t been following it avidly enough, but still.

I’m not convinced that taking away legendaries will affect most players and I don’t really believe most players are making a list and checking it twice. I don’t think most players are so vested in that feature that it’s going to tear down people’s confidence.

I do believe people who were already doubting will take this much harder than people who just log in and play the game without doing a lot of research, without following every feature.

There are people in my guild who don’t even know legendaries were cancelled yet. Most players aren’t following the game closely in any kind of detail…in my opinion anyway.

This isn’t like the amusement park guaranteed space mountain and then didn’t build it. To some legendaries are a major major feature and to some it’s a non-feature, that was 25% delivered anyway.

My wife made the staff. She’s not looking forward to making another of the new legendaries anyway, because they’re so costly. So she’s not particularly sad that they’re not bringing out more legendaries.

The question is how big a feature was this, for how many people. I think there’s a very loud minority screaming about this, but I don’t think this is a major percentage of the playerbase.

Will some people see that badly? Sure they will.

And many won’t as well. But I think a whole lot of people see the content drought badly, in comparison anyway. That has to be the main priority.

I totally agree that true content, for everyone, is far more important than (relatively) niche content, for a few.

…and if it really was an either/or situation, they made the right decision.

However, don’t you think that a company breaking promises, on one thing (however relatively niche), affects consumer confidence, in general?

Even if that particular broken promise doesn’t happen to affect you, personally.

I’m not so sure most people aren’t (or won’t soon be) aware of the situation about the new legendaries?

People talk about this stuff in mapchat, after all, so it’s going to be pretty hard to not hear about it, at some point.

I just think it’s something games companies should be aware of, in future.

If anything, you should promise too little and deliver too much; not the other way around.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I don’t think anyone would complain that raids were in the game if they also delivered on everything else.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t think anyone would complain that raids were in the game if they also delivered on everything else.

But since part of the problem seems to deal with resources, and we’re not getting everything, that becomes a valid complaint. Id’ rather have legendary weapons in the game than raids.

Crise.9401

But since part of the problem seems to deal with resources, and we’re not getting everything, that becomes a valid complaint. Id’ rather have legendary weapons in the game than raids.

I don’t agree with you on this… even though I don’t play raids, because while I might go for an additional legendary, I know that the things made for raids can be re-used elsewhere while almost anything made for the new legendaries can not.

I mean any map props or effects, art., animations, AI, fight mechanics etc. we can potentially see adapted to be re-used for other content where as an effect or a skin of a legendary weapon we will likely never see on anything but that legendary.

I don’t like feeling like raids is the only thing they are developing now, because as a result I have nothing to do, however, I would rather see them develop any content that expands their toolset for future content development over skins that a fraction of the player base might pursue.