PvE "Fix" for Confusion

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

This kind of backwards mentality when it comes to PvE balancing is whats hurting the game more and more in the long run.

You could add more skills to the mobs, and i’m not sayin that’s as easy as pop them in there and be done, instead of simply tuning up the damage.

In the long run leaving confusion damage where it is at the moment still would be better, 1800 damage with my mesmer on Lvl 80 when an enemy uses a skill.
I was more than happy with that, hell, if there was a huge party and buffs got thrown around it got even higher.
But this? Specially in terms of how overpowered confusion is already in the earlier levesls, yes, it is, you read that right.
Before the new level system you got Static Shot on the engi quite early as well as Confusing Images on the mesmer scepter.
Both skills were enough to kill most enemies, that have so little HP early on, after they used one skill.

And later on? Confusion is strong enough as it is, if you want to push it to be more useful add some autoattacks or other skills to bridge the huge gaps mobs have in their attack cycles at the moment.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

i’m not really sure what you are saying… you are saying confusion is too strong at higher levels but it is also too weak?

Confusion is pretty much the most useless condition in PvE. It has short durations, isn’t able to be stacked well, and doesn’t do any dmg because the mob attacks once, maybe twice during the duration of it. This means a mesmer can get maybe 3-4k dmg from confusion even if they are specced heavily into it. It should last 10x longer then maybe it would be ok.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I think that the confusion change was more to make the creature applying it more punishing to players. Any changes like this favor the game controlled elements of the game over the players imagine retaliation getting a similar treatment.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think that the confusion change was more to make the creature applying it more punishing to players. Any changes like this favor the game controlled elements of the game over the players imagine retaliation getting a similar treatment.

That was my first reaction to that change. “Those few places with Confusion spamming mobs is going to be huge pain.”

Such as this guy http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diplomat_Tarban

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The confusion change is probably directed towards the mobs, not the players.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

Imho, confusion should last much longer and deals lesser damage.
I used to kill champions in curse shore dealing 6K with confusion. A 33% dmg increase would lead that 6K to 8K. A damage like that is ridiculously huge for a single condition. No other cond can reach those numbers.

I’d better prefer a long-lasting confusion (worthful in pve/pvp/wvw) that deals approx 1.000 max dmg per ticket (25 stacks), in line with every other condies

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I used to kill champions in curse shore dealing 6K with confusion. A 33% dmg increase would lead that 6K to 8K. A damage like that is ridiculously huge for a single condition. No other cond can reach those numbers.

I’d better prefer a long-lasting confusion (worthful in pve/pvp/wvw) that deals approx 1.000 max dmg per ticket (25 stacks), in line with every other condies

This post doesnt make sense… Mobs use an ability about every 6 secs, so if you’re doing 6k dmg ever time a mob uses an ability you’re already doing the equivalent of “1,000 dmg per ticket”.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This post doesnt make sense… Mobs use an ability about every 6 secs, so if you’re doing 6k dmg ever time a mob uses an ability you’re already doing the equivalent of “1,000 dmg per ticket”.

And with a condi build, you can easily do “3000 dmg per ticket” .. maybe bleed needs to be nerfed? LOL.

PvE "Fix" for Confusion

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Not exactly true in the silverwastes or other high level zones. Mobs here attack more often than every 6 seconds.

With time, mobs will use skills and attacks more and more often because Anet Learning how to make them more threatening.

In the end you cannot balance something around two very different situations like these.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone