PvE Mob Loot Chests

PvE Mob Loot Chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

According to the patch notes:

“In PvE, if a player is awarded loot by killing a creature and the loot is of uncommon rarity or higher, a chest will appear that contains the loot that would previously have been on the corpse. If the rarity of the loot on the creature is lower than uncommon, the loot will remain on the creature’s corpse.”

I just saw my first one, and the contents was 2 pourous Bones, e.g. Junk. Is this intended, DR (I’ve just started in Orr today), or a bug?

Just wondering, thanks in advance

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Zonghui.4570

Zonghui.4570

This like a lot of other stuff in the patch is quite bugged. Doing fractals yesterday I received this loot box and noticed the awesome white items inside. Then looted a corpse and got an exotic.

Insert 6——-Stormbluff Isle
Level 80 —-Un Usual Suspects
Here-—————-[PeRp]

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I killed veteran can got an rare lodestone from the little chest.

10 mins later killed another veteran, nothing. RNG

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

In the spirit of tracking down the bug(s) for ANet I’ll post that I have received only 2 chests since yesterday one had a yellow rare and the other was empty. HTH.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I dont like that theres a chest. I rather just get everything with one press of F.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I got 2 chests in Orr yesterday, 1 had a salvageable leather piece the other had a porous bone, so much for ‘uncommon’ loot haha.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I’ve seen two chests so far, both of which dropped in Fractals. The first dropped from a harpy in Uncategorized and contained a salvage item (i.e., junk). The second dropped from one of the Veteran Colossi in Jade Maw’s boss stage, and contained an emerald crystal (a crafting mat of blue quality standard to the mob). I saw one exotic and two rares as loot during the fractal run, all of which were corpse-looted as per the previous norm. All of the green-quality items I obtained were corpse looted as well.

(edited by Blueshield.6291)

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Every chest I opened had a green in it. All other loot of lower quality was on corpses as it was previously.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What exactly does ANet consider to be rare? Because I had one of these rare chests drop from an orr mob last night, and it gave me two fire stones, worth a whopping 32 copper. I think it was probably my least valuable drop of the night…

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

i was in Gendarren Fields, i got a white salvagable rag out of a chest….is that suppose to be uncommon?

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I think the chests aren’t working quite as intended. I know the first one I opened had a junk item in it (hairy spider legs I think) and nothing else. I’ve gotten quite a few blues and whites from the chests as well (although maybe unid dye is considered “uncommon” despite being white).

Just bug report them as you find them so Anet has plenty of data to work with when debugging it.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

The porous bone is a most rare and magical piece of loot

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I had one chest drop off of a drake hatchling in Gendarran Fields. It contained a green longbow.
After a trip to Cursed shore I had 2 rares and 3 more greens but they came off of corpses only. Not a single chest dropped during that period of time.
The boxes seem to be a way for the devs to track actual drops and drop quality. <— once it’s working properly that is.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Vortex.5146

Vortex.5146

Aside from the buginess, I don’t get what this change was meant to do. Was there something wrong with just looting from the corpse? As cesmode said above, I like just flicking the f key as I run by a corpse to get the stuff.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Do you actually have to click on the chest, or is it just an extra click of the f button? I’m just wondering if this was done as another stumbling block for bots. I didn’t log in yesterday so I’m kind of confused by this whole change.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Blueshield.6291

Do you actually have to click on the chest, or is it just an extra click of the f button? I’m just wondering if this was done as another stumbling block for bots. I didn’t log in yesterday so I’m kind of confused by this whole change.

It functions identically to a corpse. If you have auto-loot enabled, it’s just another F-keystroke.

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

iv had some nice exotics from these chests today in fractals, also had some junk. My problem is that I almost missed the one with an exotic because they need to be more visable.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Aside from the buginess, I don’t get what this change was meant to do. Was there something wrong with just looting from the corpse? As cesmode said above, I like just flicking the f key as I run by a corpse to get the stuff.

How long do the chests last? I’m hoping this is a solution to the “unlooted corpse premature disappearance” problem. Few resources used for a relatively low-polygon-count box, right? It could stay a bit longer without causing problems.

I think a lot of the confusion I feel is due to the absence of an actual “uncommon” item tier in GW2. There’s junk, common, fine, masterwork, rare, exotic, ascended, and legendary. No uncommon anywhere, though I believe that was the term for the purple items in GW1.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

My lvl 20-ish Ele’ got a bunch of chests in Caledon/Brisban and they all had Blues. Found a couple of Greens and a Yellow off corpses.

My 80 Necro, in Orr, got a grand total of two chests both with Blues. He also found three Yellows and four Greens on corpses.

My 80 Ranger found three greens on corpses and no chests anywhere.

Something isn’t right.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

PvE Mob Loot Chests

RoyHarmon.5398

My lvl 20-ish Ele’ got a bunch of chests in Caledon/Brisban and they all had Blues. Found a couple of Greens and a Yellow off corpses.

My 80 Necro, in Orr, got a grand total of two chests both with Blues. He also found three Yellows and four Greens on corpses.

My 80 Ranger found three greens on corpses and no chests anywhere.

Something isn’t right.

My wife reported similar results. I’ve only seen one chest, and it had a blue item in it. Everything else that’s dropped for me since the update was either junk or a white.

I wonder if the chests are actually there, but hidden by the corpses? If that were the case, it might look like we were getting the loot from the corpse when we actually had a chest. This may not be the case, though, because it shouldn’t result in the corpse being all sparkly like it does when there’s loot on it, and I doubt you’d overlook that detail.

I think I agree; something isn’t right.

- C. S. Lewis

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Green weapons are considered rare enough drops to come in a chest, which is a little silly. It should be only for rare/exotics/ascended items and t6 mats.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Blueshield.6291

How long do the chests last? I’m hoping this is a solution to the “unlooted corpse premature disappearance” problem. Few resources used for a relatively low-polygon-count box, right? It could stay a bit longer without causing problems.

That makes a lot of sense. Given that ANet indicated the chests should be coming into play for higher-tier loot types, it’s reasonable to assume that this is what they had in mind. If I get the opportunity, I’ll try to time a chest the next time I see one.

I think a lot of the confusion I feel is due to the absence of an actual “uncommon” item tier in GW2. There’s junk, common, fine, masterwork, rare, exotic, ascended, and legendary. No uncommon anywhere, though I believe that was the term for the purple items in GW1.

In my experience, players tend to use “uncommon” to refer to items of the green “masterwork” quality, which is probably a result of ANet’s somewhat confusing rarity terminology. Masterwork tends to imply a very high quality gear piece – sometimes crafted – in your typical sword-and-board parlance. The fact that green-quality items are rather low on the totem pole in GW2 makes it somewhat odd to call them “masterwork.”

PvE Mob Loot Chests

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I haven’t actually seen a chest yet but I got more than normal blues and greens from trash mobs and an unholy amount of crafting materials
also killed 2 Dragons today as well as Shadow Behemoth.
The dragons had yellows and exotic crests, Behemoth had greens and yellows.

Gunnar’s Hold

PvE Mob Loot Chests

RoyHarmon.5398

I haven’t actually seen a chest yet but I got more than normal blues and greens from trash mobs and an unholy amount of crafting materials
also killed 2 Dragons today as well as Shadow Behemoth.
The dragons had yellows and exotic crests, Behemoth had greens and yellows.

Wow, that’s far better than we fared last night at some events in northern Wayfarer Foothills (just prior to the developers explaining that the Living Story wouldn’t start until today). I had one blue, maybe 3 whites, and around two dozen junk items (including 18 Needles).
My wife didn’t even get that much.

- C. S. Lewis