PvE players demanding, impossible to satisfy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Have to echo what others have said. It isn’t just PvE players. Players from all aspects of the game complain and are impossible to satisfy.
And why is this?
I’m sure you could get as many answers to that as there are people to ask. And really, I think there is not a single, specific answer either…

My opinion?
People have always wanted to have fun… That’s why you play games, right? It’s the same reason why we (gamers) used to play Dungeons and Dragons (1st and 2nd Editions… yes, I’m showing some of my age here. Don’t care. :p)
It was a chance to be -A Hero- in a fantasy world that you wished was real.
Now, mind you a lot of that completely depended on the person who ran the game… Get a good Dungeon Master, and you would have a good game.
Have a not so good one? Eeeehh… Those game usually wouldn’t last long. (Not everyone was cut out to be a DM… but I digress…)
So what changed?
Pen, paper and dice were changed out for pixels and RNG… That was a natural progression of things. But somewhere along the way, something else changed as well.
And that was player attitudes…
People didn’t want to just be -A Hero- anymore… They wanted to be -THE HERO- now. Because who likes sharing glory, right?
And being -THE HERO- these days is as much (if not more) about flaunting it over everyone else as it is actually becoming one. It’s all about having that absolute /best/ stuff and proclaiming how great you are louder then everyone else!
And back then, the only Trolls we had were the big, ugly monsters that you needed fire to kill. Not the angry, rage fueled, foaming at the mouth, armchair quarterbacks who are never satisfied and scream ‘I COULD DO THINGS SO MUCH BETTER!!’ in as vitriolic a way as possible, or ‘I"M GOING TO DO WHAT I WAAAAANT!!!’ like angry 9 year olds throwing tantrums. And when they don’t instantly get what they want? They throw another fit and scream even louder.
(And for the record… no, I’m not saying that everyone that complains is an angry little Troll. There are things that /should/ be brought up. A good Dungeon Master will listen to their players… but that’s a somewhat different subject for a different discussion.)
Now, all that being said… did we never have problem people back in the day? Hah! Hardly… We had our share of difficult people… But back then, we could say ‘Well, you can try running your own game.’ or ‘Look, you can either stop being disruptive or leave.’
But that can’t be done anymore. There is no singular ‘Dungeon Master’ to tell problem players this. There can’t be… It’s an impossibility, given how many players there are now on an online game and, even if it was, the perceived anonymity of the internet destroys any possible impact that might have.

So, to the OP… Yes, PvE players -can- be demanding and impossible to satisfy. Just like PvPers and Dungeon/Raid runners and anyone else you’d like to mention. And I have given you a few possible reasons as to why that is up above.
The same could be said about most facets of society these days… Nothing is /ever/ going to be good enough to please everyone. Be it a video game, book, TV show or movie… There will /always/ be someone out there ready at their keyboard, slavoring at the chance to tear into someone elses work…
Why? Just because they can.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Saying “PVE Players are impossible to satisfy” is about as accurate a statement as the commonly misused argument against complaints, “First you complain about this, then you complain when they do it this way! You’re never satisfied!”

In short, it’s not.

In length, no single post on this forum speaks for everybody and what they want. My entire guild quit, and I’m the only one still kicking around, and even then it’s only because I like how my characters look, and all I really do is run around in WvW for a while blowing things up and completing dailies before I go back to FF14 and enjoy myself more. Some quit because they got bored with the lack of things to do. Some quit because they didn’t like the game all that much. Some quit because they found new games to play (like FF14). At least two quit because of the removal of the Greatest Fear plot and the connotations that those four words at character creation, spoken by all races and classes, are a lie: “This is my story.” How can you really feel like it’s your story when not only are chunks of it apparently removable at will, but when the chunk that’s removed is the most development your character actually has?

Could one fix have kept all of those people playing? No. One fix could have kept the story-players satisfied, by putting the plot back. Another fix could have kept the people who felt like the grind was pointless when all you get out of it is new clothes, by giving new content or stronger gear.

So, are “PVE players impossible to satisfy”? No. You can satisfy them. It just takes more work than one fix, and each player has their own desires to be satisfied. Just like how “You complained about this, then when they changed it you complained about the change” is a terrible retort against complaints. Just because Player 1 complained about it doesn’t mean Player 2 did.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The fact of the matter is there will always be content locusts and those that are in GW2 are long gone by now because this game wouldn’t have kept their interest for 2 plus years. Now as an average PvE player I can tell you with certainty I’m pretty bored, sure some days usually Friday night i’ll log in and run some bosses but for the most part that’s it.
It’s absurd to try and paint an entire gaming population with one broad stroke of a brush which this thread is pretty much attempting to do. You can make arguments for and against an expansion all day long some viable some not but for a lot of players it’s needed to keep things fresh. Why do you really think people blast through the bi weekly updates, because they’re hungry for more content.
I’ve said in in another thread, they could help reduce this by making content scale, in dungeons, fractals etc. which opens up a lot of content for people who don’t really enjoy grouping. Also please keep in mind that at the end of the day PvE players are the majority volume wise hence yes it’s tougher to keep them satisfied.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

Release a full expansion and you will satisfy a HUGE percentage of the player base.

For two weeks. =P
A month, tops, if they ever release an actual expansion. The content locusts will never be happy.

^^ This ^^

There were players complaining about nothing to do inside a month from the launch of GW2. The only way a new area would be as extensive as the original game would be if they opened up all of Elona. Cantha was quite small by comparison with the continent GW2 is set on.

=P I’m trying not to be totally negative about it, at least.

A lot of what people want for content is either story (takes a while to produce) or a sense of progression in their gameplay. Depending on how it’s done, it can feel like an unrewarding grind, which is where GW2 seems to put itself too often.

This is about some other main Problem GW2 has. It is IMO that what destroys the feeling of progression and rewards.
Check this thread :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Main-Approach-of-Players-to-GW2/first#post4584530

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The problem was Anet was able to satisfy them with the original Guild Wars. New classes, new continents, new skills, etc. The original Guild Wars released in 2005, and then we got two expansions in 2006. The problem is less the players demanding too much, and more ArenaNet no longer being able to keep up with demand.

Since ArenaNet opted to make the Living Story in place of an expansion, the Living Story needs to deliver the same quantity and quality content that an expansion would deliver. Unfortunately, the Living Story hasn’t been able to accomplish this, resulting in players demanding more content. To say that the players are just demanding too much is a little naive in my opinion, since there demand is based on what ArenaNet produced in the past.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

GW1 maps are nothing like GW2 maps.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m probably one of those considered demanding since I make proposals for new changes or additions more than I post about current content. I try not to sound demanding and most of the time when I post ideas, I don’t expect it to be added.

And since I don’t really demand, the devs could simply not add the stuff I want. I can just not play if I don’t like what they do add.

Suggestions are good! It’s okay, and helpful, to make suggestions.

It’s the legion of “im bored nothing to do were iz content” that isn’t helpful.

So keep on making recommendations.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

i’m a pve player, and i only demand 1 thing: fixing the PS. sure, there’s alot of pve players who demand alot (raids, more dungeons, new classes, expansion, blahblah), but just because some are, doesn’t mean we all are. my 2 cents

I just want the game I paid for. It’s really that simple, a customer who wants the game that was advertised prior to launch. Yep, that’s it really.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m not impossible to satisfy, as the only two things I really want have already been in game:

1) A decent trait system.
2) SAB worlds 1 and 2.

While other things would be nice, I don’t ask for or demand them.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m not impossible to satisfy, as the only two things I really want have already been in game:

1) A decent trait system.
2) SAB worlds 1 and 2.

While other things would be nice, I don’t ask for or demand them.

Is it sad that some of the best content/features we want as players are the things they took from us in the first place? :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

we have to much living story

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

The problem was Anet was able to satisfy them with the original Guild Wars. New classes, new continents, new skills, etc. The original Guild Wars released in 2005, and then we got two expansions in 2006. The problem is less the players demanding too much, and more ArenaNet no longer being able to keep up with demand.

Since ArenaNet opted to make the Living Story in place of an expansion, the Living Story needs to deliver the same quantity and quality content that an expansion would deliver. Unfortunately, the Living Story hasn’t been able to accomplish this, resulting in players demanding more content. To say that the players are just demanding too much is a little naive in my opinion, since there demand is based on what ArenaNet produced in the past.

I don’t know about this. Anet was able to satisfy for a very short time over 2005 and 2006. Their expansions took me maybe a week to 9 days to beat and 6+ months for them to make. Then that was it. Nothing but repeat achievements and titles. And if you weren’t into that you were gone after you beat it. Guild Wars 1 was done releasing content in two years. Anyone that played after this peak could tell you that 90% of the mission and non-end game towns were dead dead dead. This is not something that I would want for Guild Wars 2.

Guild wars 2 seems to have content plans that are years beyond this. Personally, I prefer the format living story 2 has brought us. I can play something new every 2 weeks and complete the achievements related to this content as I wait for the next episode. It also keeps all your friends/guildies at a reasonable same pace progression instead of the faster people leaving the slower ones in the dust. I think this makes the game last much longer and more active than dropping an expansion every 6-12 months. There is something new to come back to all the time.

If you are looking for a MMO to commit to for years at a time the living story format is far superior to that of the box expansion format. Anet’s aim is to keep you playing consistently, not for a few weeks every 6 months to a year. The only problem they seem to have is people that expect this game to be like every other game they pick up, burn through, and drop until the next expansion. Nothing wrong with that format but this is just not this game.

If you expect expansion level content to be perpetually provided to you in 2 week increments… sorry that is just not feasible to do and it is a unrealistic expectation.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I think anet needs to pick a niche and stick with it.

If that niche is casual content then don’t create content like triple worm or tequatl.

If they don’t care to do fractals then don’t release a new fractal every year and a half to appease players.

If dungeons aren’t their cup of tea then don’t release one new path after two years.

It sends mixed signals and people who might have moved on are now thinking “hey maybe anet does care about dungeon goers” when they possibly do not.

I mean how simple would it be when someone makes a post like “I want hard coordinated events” and the player base can just say “oh anet doesn’t produce that kind of content, maybe you should try something else” instead we are just like…“anet doesn’t care about hard coordinated content…I think…well the worm was hard but that was a one time thing…oh and tequatl…but those are the only two..on second thought…I’m not sure what this game cares about”

It would be better if they just let us know. Players would (mostly) stop trying to turn this game into something it is not and anet could focus their development instead of appeasing certain players with their content of choice every year and a half.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The majority “rushes” through content because the content is so short you can complete it in less than an hour. :P

Most people dont roleplay walk just to make content last longer.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

My standards for gw2 were created from gw1. I know gw2 is not gw1 before someone says it lol. But considering gw2 is a sequel after 6 years i do expect gw2 to be quite better than gw1. In some ways it is but when it comes to permanent content release gw2 is severely lacking. Gw1 released cantha 1 year later and then elona a few months after cantha. Sooo many new maps(not just 3), new classes, new missions, tons of new skills, many new armor/weapon designs, new utilities like the addition of heros and even new game modes; FA, JQ and AB. And as spoj said the content released for gw2 everytime can literally be done in one hour( in most cases). Then we are left waiting for 1 more additional hour of content, 2 weeks to 3 months or more later.And TBH i feel the only thing holding gw2 bak from being one of my favorite and most fun games around is the lack of additional content and account bound rng skins. First and foremost, I think gw2 desperately needs a new pvp game mode(as in new mechanics not just points removed) and a weapon added to each class. IDK what going on with anet over there but it seems like the amount of stuff they crank out of the gem store they would have more money to add more to the game.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

For an example, One can make a character of every class/race and play though the Story again. This is enough content to play thorugh for years. But nobody does it. Why? Its not “worth” it. Gold/Minute doesnt sum up. Anet cannot solve this idiotic behaviour.

Um.. what? Sorry, i would like to play mmo, not single player game. [/quote]

Odd, thought you were playing an MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online…definiton = Massive – it has an open world that is getting expanded, Multiplayer – yes, there’s millions of players, Online – it’s an online game….there you go, and MMO…no where in that definition does it say you have to group together with other players for it to be an MMO…that’s just kitten made up by players.

If you feel the need to play with other players all the time, you’re more than welcome to do that, even the story instances can be played by up to groups of 5(they won’t be any harder, but you can certainly do them as a group).

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

They can choose to add what I want or not but I have a gut feeling if they don’t make some core changes with additional skills or classes that a lot of people will continue to stagnate. I know I’ve resigned to only logging in on Tuesday’s to see new updates first-hand before leaving again. There’s just no point to continue playing when there are so many more games (including World of Warcraft) that can remain somewhat fresh. In GW2 it’s just continuous marginalization…

Ain’t nobody want that.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They can choose to add what I want or not but I have a gut feeling if they don’t make some core changes with additional skills or classes that a lot of people will continue to stagnate. I know I’ve resigned to only logging in on Tuesday’s to see new updates first-hand before leaving again. There’s just no point to continue playing when there are so many more games (including World of Warcraft) that can remain somewhat fresh. In GW2 it’s just continuous marginalization…

Ain’t nobody want that.

WoW stagnates about 3 months or so after an expansion just like a lot of other games. That’s one of the downsides of expansions since you have such a large gap between player base which promotes players to hop to various games inbetween their expansions. The LS resolves this by reducing the gap but at the cost of not having the entire content available from the beginning.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Hopefully Anet is ecstatic that players are demanding more content which means that they like the game. The alternative is players leaving the game.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m probably one of those considered demanding since I make proposals for new changes or additions more than I post about current content. I try not to sound demanding and most of the time when I post ideas, I don’t expect it to be added.

And since I don’t really demand, the devs could simply not add the stuff I want. I can just not play if I don’t like what they do add.

Suggestions are good! It’s okay, and helpful, to make suggestions.

It’s the legion of “im bored nothing to do were iz content” that isn’t helpful.

So keep on making recommendations.

I’d like to, but suggestions, recommendations and wish-lists seem frowned upon in these forums. They rarely get replies and when they do, it’s often with flames XD

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i’m seeing lots of good feedback in here!
thanks everyone for contributing!
keep them coming!

thanks!

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I personally don’t think PvE players demanding more content is unreasonable at all. Just compare the amount of content being added in GW2 to another current MMO such as FF XIV: ARR. FF XIV gets more new content in a single large update than GW2 has put out since it was launched.

I leave GW2 for several months at a time and yet whenever I come back the amount of new things to do is so small that it doesn’t take long to do it all and ultimately it does feel pretty unsatisfying.

Meanwhile as an active player of FF XIV since it was launched, rarely ever taking breaks, it feels like there is always something I need to do and if I ever do get to a point where I’ve run everything, a new large update is in the very near future.

The crafting and gathering systems are also far more entertaining and enjoyable to do rather than just feel like menial tasks that I have to get through with.

I don’t really know what’s going on at Anet, but from my point of view there are other MMOs with much more to offer when it comes to PvE. The only reason I complain now and in the past is because I do like GW2 a lot as well and just want to see more and better content that keep me here once in a while.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I’m not demanding, but someday they should really fix drop rates in fractals, especially 40-50. Rest is fine by me.

Revilrad.1962

Seriously but you would wait 2 years for an expansion pack, now sum up all the content delivered through LW Season 1 Season 2 and the feature packs. This amount of stuff and changes comes very close to an expansion size If not exceeding it.

Instead of waiting around without changes ANET delivers us the content slowly. Which I find is a good way to do it.

But the spoiled players dont even see the living world content as a content delivery but as something “extra”.

Anet should add the Living World Season 1 as permanent content and problem is solved.

Posted by: Mavis.1463

Mavis.1463

You could not be more wrong.
You mentioned the problem in your post.
The content is “FREE”, low quality, grindy, trite, garbage. I’d much rather pay 50 bucks for an expansion than get this “free” living grind content.
I love this game, but Anet is doing it wrong. Living Story won’t hook players that seek PvE content, it won’t attract new players because a shoddy update doesn’t generate hype, it won’t satisfy ANYONE.
Also, please stop shoving sylvari into everything, it got boring the first time.

Mavis.1463

Seriously but you would wait 2 years for an expansion pack, now sum up all the content delivered through LW Season 1 Season 2 and the feature packs. This amount of stuff and changes comes very close to an expansion size If not exceeding it.

Instead of waiting around without changes ANET delivers us the content slowly. Which I find is a good way to do it.

But the spoiled players dont even see the living world content as a content delivery but as something “extra”.

Anet should add the Living World Season 1 as permanent content and problem is solved.

Adding the missing content from season 1 fixes a problem for new players, which is the lack of context regarding the destruction of lion’s arch. But the stuff added by LS is FAR from being equivalent to an expansion.
It feels more like a personal story arc.

Revilrad.1962

Well then you can happily reduce the content which everyone wants simply to new continent/maps. Story is far more important to many players than just another map to run around.
And now Anet is actually “selling” the LW content through gem purchases If you missed it. This can give them the extra cash to make better LW content.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Well, People can consume new content faster than the Devs can develop it.

I think these content consumers know this, but consume it, the content, at a fast pace anyways because they feel they have to be the first to get to the end and be the first to claim the promised shiny…I guess being among the very first to get the prize makes them feel like special snowflakes.

They get their shiny, then, even though they know darn well that they don’t have anything new to do because they rushed through it, they scramble to the forums and complain that they have nothing to do and the Devs need to make new content.

…and while they are writing this to the forums, they make themselves sound very angry at the “lack” of content because they have been led to believe that if you threaten a business with taking your business elsewhere that business will give you what you want to keep you happy..and the cycle begins again.

:Sigh: Sometimes being first to get the new shiny is not in your best interest

Lisa.

Mavis.1463

Julischka, no.
Stop trying to analyze the behavior of thousands of players and attempt to pass your poor analysis as a fact.
This goes to everyone.
Think for a second, make an effort.
Do you think, do you genuinely believe that the Living Story updates are enough to attract new players?

Do you think that Living Story updates are enough to hook the content “junkies”?

The problem is something a lot more insidious than just “players doing content too fast”. Even though “content” is an abstract amount, in a way, it’s something that can be quantified to a certain extent and whether a player does it fast or slow is irrelevant.

The issue is the very idea behind the Living Story.

As an analogy, imagine a thirsty man in a desert, this guy wants water, and he finds a canteen, however, the canteen only lets out trickles/drops of water.

Get it?
A BIG update/expansion, with lots of things to do will keep players happy and busy for a longer time than an update that adds a few hours of gameplay at best.

Revilrad.1962

Julischka, no.
Stop trying to analyze the behavior of thousands of players and attempt to pass your poor analysis as a fact.
This goes to everyone.
Think for a second, make an effort.
Do you think, do you genuinely believe that the Living Story updates are enough to attract new players?

Do you think that Living Story updates are enough to hook the content “junkies”?

The problem is something a lot more insidious than just “players doing content too fast”. Even though “content” is an abstract amount, in a way, it’s something that can be quantified to a certain extent and whether a player does it fast or slow is irrelevant.

The issue is the very idea behind the Living Story.

As an analogy, imagine a thirsty man in a desert, this guy wants water, and he finds a canteen, however, the canteen only lets out trickles/drops of water.

Get it?
A BIG update/expansion, with lots of things to do will keep players happy and busy for a longer time than an update that adds a few hours of gameplay at best.

So lets do a summary :

Players need an Expansion.
Truth : Anet is probably developing one at the moment.

Thread 912131 about expansion demanding can be closed because players ignore the fact you cant fill an endless hole.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

PvP players are simple minded thus easy to please? ?*grins and ducks missiles*?

I also post on guildwars2guru.

(edited by Drow.2081)

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

To be fair, i didnt start complaining untill the LS became the sole purpose of this game.

To me it feels content driven updates are getting smaller and smaller, and replayability(the keyword) is non existant.

Unless you like to create a new character and go through all the hasle of doing the same 1-80 story in its core essence over and over again. I do not like repeating such events. Because in my opinion, zaithan already got killed by my elementalist.

Most challenging dungeons where really fun the first few times, my first gw2 burnout came from CoF, funny enough, after it got nerfed. Because i suddenly realised there was money to be made there. so i played part 1 daily, after a month it started to get boring because it is the same thing you do over and over again. mindlessly. so i quit doing that for a few months it was fine. eventho whenever i have a full day of playing , i feel im forced to do it again, because everything is capped behind a ‘once a day’ thing. and to be truthfull if there was enough content wich on the one hand is fast paced and done quickly (so you can do it even if your in a hurry) but plentiful in quantity, i could choose. But gw2 right now doesnt allow me to choose. because there just isnt the content to back it up.

So whats left here is doing the same daily routine every day, if you just like dungeons. Same goes for PvP, WvW, pretty much everything even PvE where there is only 1 way to really farm gold the most efficient way.

We need more replayable content. And thats it. We dont need a story arch wich is fun, for the story, once. Hence why i have 0 AP points from the LS this new season, i do not like to replay something ive already done if the sole purpose is story.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Fractals is still a strong area. They simply need to provide more regular updates for it. And obviously fix the god awful reward system. Most challenging PvE content —> least rewarding. Logic!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

There is never enough content ever in any MMO.

On the other hand, the amount of content added to GW2 is sort of a joke. You don’t even have an option to pay for more content, you just have to accept the little bits you get here and there. For over two years now.

Unless you count the two feature patches as content, than you have at least content you can complain about, instead of complaining about the lack of it…

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Pve players in GW2 are not demanding at all, it is fair to ask for substantial pve (and pvp) content, which is not conquest or living grind. Nor is it the fluff features they seem to spend years to develop..

If you want demanding then look no further than WoW, Blizz adds ridiculous amount of content and people still complain for more, most of them haven’t even completed said content.

I think we are very much entitled to some half decent content if ANet wants people to continue playing and purchasing gems.

By any other MMO standards, GW2 has gotten squat diddly added to the game since release. This is 1 of the most patient communities I’ve ever seen considering we are either forumites nowadays or do the same daily grind for that reward that never drops and let me tell you.. it’s boring.

I know ANet is fine with people taking breaks from the game and all, but they should entice players to play not the other way around.. adding a new grind every few weeks is not exactly an encouragement to log in imo.

Frankly I am surprised the game hasn’t died yet, though my server is very much dead the megaserver tries to convince me otherwise, one step in WvW shows me the truth.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

(edited by Gimp.9460)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

There is not only black and white, instead there are many different shades of grey. This means: no, of course you can’t satisfy EVERY single customer, but you could satisfy more customers that now. I think – aside from some super loyal fans – most customers wish more substantial content. And this is not wishful thinking: it’s the industry standard. Just check other MMOs, they release constalty a lot of new content, a lot more than the first two years of GW2.

My guess is that a lot of resources are wasted due to mismanagement. But that’s another topic. We now have to look for the future. It seems they are now on the right way and I really hope there is an expansion or expansion-like release in the near future. Otherwise I can’t see how they want to survive with those small story snippets which every other MMO releases, too.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I was fine until they literally started taking things away from us. Fairly happy with things they have given to us.

Not entirely sure of the idea behind telling someone they are not allowed to have something they enjoyed.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

It is impossible to satisfy everyone.

This is not exclusive to PvE and gaming.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

So i can mindlessly farm chests all day, but i cant do cof all day for gold. jeez they really want there playerbase to become risen dont they.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and there we go, new patch, look at all those PvE players complaining, demanding, totally impossible to satisfy!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Release a full expansion and you will satisfy a HUGE percentage of the [incredibly SMALL percentage of the] player base [that actually visits the forums].

Fixed that for you.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

and there we go, new patch, look at all those PvE players complaining, demanding, totally impossible to satisfy!

Ha, made me smile. If we would get any more stuff than we got with the last patch, we would actually get stuff. Wow.

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

hello everyone!

today debate topic is:

“PvE players are demanding and impossible to satisfy”

i think this is true, just look at the PvE forums!

every day, there will always be various players complaining about lack of PvE content, keeps on asking for more content, and when free new content is delivered, they quickly gobble it up, complains again, and then continues to ask for more!

they are not being appreciative of what we have, and keeps on asking for more.

personally, i think ANet is burning out their precious employees by attempting to satisfy the PvE mob that can never be satisfied.

their precious human resources ought to be better spent else where, not just on the PvE mob.

so what do you think?

Yes.

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

The same could be said about the PvP community after the previous update, and those complaints are still ongoing as well. Regardless of whether the update is generally perceived as good or not, people will complain about it, certainly if old systems are changed (daily system, toypocalypse, PvP matchmaking, etc).

Just say outright that you want arenanet to focus on PvP, it is much simpler than this biased debate which is just a roundabout way to arrive at your message.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

The same could be said about the PvP community after the previous update, and those complaints are still ongoing as well. Regardless of whether the update is generally perceived as good or not, people will complain about it, certainly if old systems are changed (daily system, toypocalypse, PvP matchmaking, etc).

Just say outright that you want arenanet to focus on PvP, it is much simpler than this biased debate which is just a roundabout way to arrive at your message.

ah, but you see, PvE has been receiving much more attention than PvP, and yet they still complain.

this debate is not biased, but justified.

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

It’s not so much in content, I think it’s more in taste, the characters act in a really cheesy manner (even though they did improve on it), and the musical content barely changed.