Questions about gamescom 2014.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

Hey I was wondering what is gonna be at gamescom and what Anet is live streaming. Is it just the PvP allstar tourny or is there gonna be a both or something.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

what is the future of GW2 ?

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I don’t know what they’re planning to do, but I’m sure it will all boil down to “Here’s our PvP stuff, isn’t it awesome? And our Living World stuff, isn’t it awesome? People love Scarlet! Aren’t we awesome? And we’re going to keep doing just what we’re doing now! It’s awesome!”

And that’s it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t think ANet even has a booth. IIRC, they just said “come visit us at the twitch booth”, and the PvP thing.

Based on that, I do not expect any announcements.

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

No word of anything at PAX Prime… if there were going to be a gamescom announcement I’d sort of expect a follow-up at PAX, so my guess would be “no” as well.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

gamescon is all about presenting new stuff so i guess arenanet will bring some new cool things for next feature patch or the “roadline” for next half year or 2015 or something – thats why they posted nothing in last half year so they have something to talk about at gamescon

they canĀ“t bring only this tournament this would be worse thing ever a game company can do and alot would laugh bout arenanet ^^

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Ascended infusions?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well the question is, is Gamescom the sort of event that devs and publishers make large announcement at? If not then expect the usual PR-stuff. If so, then we might learn something new and exciting! But I’m not holding out for the that.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

GW2 got presented to the world officially on the 1st gamescom, when it wasn’t released, if I may remember you !! And a year later on gamescom, they were there again with a playable Demo.

Due to the point, that i’m German and Cologne being my hometown, I was there both times.
So the Gamescom is absolutely about announcing new games and such stuff, this year wil also several game developers from all the world come there to announce a few new games.

I personally don’t expect much of Anet, I guess it will be more about the PvP Tournament and overall PR to show peopl,e how the game has been developed over the last years since game release and maybe to get this way naturall a few more new players to get to play this game.

If there gets announced something, then I guess also toe, it will be maybe the date for the next feature pack and just only the date with a little bit of raw information about its content as a little teaser.
Maybe if they are nice, they go a step further and make a road plan for from now to the End of 2014, so that we know finally where the game is going for the rest of this year at least, what a kind of thigns we might can await over the next few months for this game.

These road plans are always nice to read and they give the community food for disccussion here as also something, people can happily wait for.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

And not a single one of the community’s complaints was answered that day.