Quick note on Ep4 bundled updates

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I really think this is the worse possible fix for ABML, will tank the event participation, destroy the culture that has built up around the event and reflects zero imagination on the part of those in charge of the fix. It’s basically like using a sledge to fix a bent nail.

What culture? You mean the people that would give up and cause maps to fail because it took 2 min longer than they wanted to spend on that map before multilooting? You mean the culture where multilooters would be incredibly toxic to people who were new to the meta because how dare a filthy casual come in and not be perfect at the meta already? Yea, can’t see a single reason Anet wouldn’t like the ABML “culture”

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

This release won’t include a skill balance update. As we did last time, we’ll ship the next skill balance update off-cycle from Living World releases.

Wait.. so this means that there won’t be a balance patch until after February? Or is one coming soon

It means not this patch, but (hopefully) in another patch before ep5.

So, anything between Feb 14 to… mid April/early May? Hopefully mid March at the latest.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I really think this is the worse possible fix for ABML, will tank the event participation, destroy the culture that has built up around the event and reflects zero imagination on the part of those in charge of the fix. It’s basically like using a sledge to fix a bent nail.

What culture? You mean the people that would give up and cause maps to fail because it took 2 min longer than they wanted to spend on that map before multilooting? You mean the culture where multilooters would be incredibly toxic to people who were new to the meta because how dare a filthy casual come in and not be perfect at the meta already? Yea, can’t see a single reason Anet wouldn’t like the ABML “culture”

There are a few bad apples in many parts of the game. High strung players in raids or dungeons, etc. For the most part it’s a fairly calm and smooth running event. I rarely see toxic behavior in it. Sometimes yes but not nearly as bad as you let on.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think it’s pretty much the only fix for the actual problem: people looting chests from maps they didn’t actually play on. If people don’t play as a result of this fix then they don’t play, but I suspect that it’ll still have enough players to fill several maps.

Who knows, maybe they’ll do the chak gerent again.

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

No Mystic Coin farm?

The price is really high, there are not ways to farm it in game. I think, that this should be a point for farming, not leather. Possibly merge them both.

Anyway the price of mystic coins is ridiculous. ANet has to do the farm, in which we would get mystic coins faster.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This release won’t include a skill balance update. As we did last time, we’ll ship the next skill balance update off-cycle from Living World releases.

Wait.. so this means that there won’t be a balance patch until after February? Or is one coming soon

“Off-cycle” doesn’t mean “after,” it means “not at the same time.” So if they have the balance patch ready a week before or after a story release, that’s when it comes out, it’s not tied to the story patches.

Arden.7480

Will you release a new map within ep. 4?

They will.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

disappointed there won’t be skill updates,
is the balance team on holiday or something?

and i hate how much time you’re spending on 3 flashy sets of armour that a tiny minority of the playerbase will be able to get, unobtainable in WvW, pvp or even world pve, only raids.
i’d rather the time be spent making several simple looking armour sets that everyone can use rather than one super-duper-all-singing-all-dancing armour that only hardcore raiders will get.

we’re all STARVING for new armours, not just raiders.

tldr
skill balance keeps the game fresh,
legendary armour for a tiny minority seems like a massive waste of resources that could be spent making several simple armour sets that everyone has access too.

Arden.7480

no skill update?
why?

and i hate how much time you’re spending on 3 flashy sets of armour that a tiny minority of the playerbase will be able to get, unobtainable in WvW, pvp or even world pve, only raids.
i’d rather the time be spent making several simple looking armour sets that everyone can use rather than one super-duper-all-singing-all-dancing armour that only hardcore raiders will get.

we’re all STARVING for new armours, not just raiders.

tldr
skill balance keeps the game fresh,
legendary armour for a tiny minority seems like a massive waste of resources that could be spent making several simple armour sets that everyone has access too.

They will give the balance. This is a bit annoying, that in every patch players want balances. And this is weird, that ANet gives changes, which turn into bad ones. I don’t know why ANet gives these balances if they always are bad or something.

Posted by: rozer.8042

rozer.8042

rest in peace auric map

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

Good job anet, delay legendary armor some more I mean at this point its just hilarious how you guys are so off base with your expectations/promises. Who announces the release of an entire set of legendary weapons(20+), and only release like 3 on hot(then a year and a half later only 3 more) ,like why even say you’re going to ship an entire set of weapons when u can barely make one in a timely fashion. And why announce legendary armor in 2015 when 2 years later 2017, you’re telling us to wait another 3 months for a MAYBE which will prob be delayed to Ep6. The way you guys function just seems crazy to me.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Please don’t disappoint on the balance update, especially for WvW, it needs it badly. Is there any ETA for it?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

This release will include the promised fix to AB multi-looting. The fix is simple: you can loot each of the great and grand chests once each time you complete the meta, once per map cycle.

lol

http://www.gw2shinies.com/item/19721

This release will also include a new, challenging group-farming spot for leather.

lol

http://www.gw2shinies.com/item/19737

X T D.6458

I am happy about being able to get more leather, but didn’t they say there is already a lot out there? Wouldn’t the best option be to reduce the need for it, by reducing the amount needed for crafting?

Also, happy about ab multiloot finally getting fixed.

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: Geneva.3140

Geneva.3140

I am happy about being able to get more leather, but didn’t they say there is already a lot out there? Wouldn’t the best option be to reduce the need for it, by reducing the amount needed for crafting?

I feel confident in speculating that sort of the motive behind announcing the leather farm is going to be a thing it to give incentive to those hoarders to sell- but not saying how/what/where is smart because it could potentially be a flood and we’ll see leather prices from like 3 years ago OR it’ll be small and the leather will only filter down slowly.

Hard to say but it is funny watching the market price jump on ectos and drop on leather like crazy right now!

X T D.6458

I feel confident in speculating that sort of the motive behind announcing the leather farm is going to be a thing it to give incentive to those hoarders to sell- but not saying how/what/where is smart because it could potentially be a flood and we’ll see leather prices from like 3 years ago OR it’ll be small and the leather will only filter down slowly.

Hard to say but it is funny watching the market price jump on ectos and drop on leather like crazy right now!

Heh it will be interesting to watch. Basically this announcement might cause a massive sell off for leather for fear of loss of value, and the opposite for ectos where people invest in it assuming the price will rise high enough to make a profit.

I don’t think most players care about that, they just want to be able to craft stuff without spending all there gold or rng farming. Having to use over 10g worth of mats just to craft an exotic insignia for one piece of gear is not a pleasant experience for anyone. It especially hurts new players. Not to mention how expensive it made crafting ascended gear.

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

It’s about time AB ML is fixed, such a simple fix is all that was needed.

I’m curious about this leather farm spot. The Jade Armor/Bow events in Bloodstone Fen were also somewhat of a leather farm spot, those events dropped the salvageable items for leather and cloth. Is this new spot going to be like that or something completely different?

I’m kind of sad about not getting Legendary Armor yet, but maybe Episode 4 will set-up the next Raid, give a hint about where it might be and about what.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Thanks Mike. You and your team are doing a great job with LS3 and addressing the issues in PVE.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I don’t mind the ML nerf, I got about 20k Gold out of it in 2016. I’m not interested in Legendaries so that Gold will be enough for the rest of my Tyrian life, lol. Thanks for the easy Gold, Anet! (Not sarcasm).

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I hope the new map is better than Bitterfrost Frontier-of-oppressive-enemy-amounts.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Disappointed there was no mention of adding items to our collections, Blade Shards, Mystic Forge Stones area specific currency etc.

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

They will give the balance. This is a bit annoying, that in every patch players want balances. And this is weird, that ANet gives changes, which turn into bad ones. I don’t know why ANet gives these balances if they always are bad or something.

balancing is not a matter of aply nerf hammer in ones and power creep others , balancing is better done by small tweaks and for doing so its better to do often.
Gw1 balance works in this way, biwekly little balance changes, and seasonal big ones

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Thanks for the heads-up! Much appreciated.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Hi all,

This release will include the promised fix to AB multi-looting. The fix is simple: you can loot each of the great and grand chests once each time you complete the meta, once per map cycle.

This release will also include a new, challenging group-farming spot for leather.

Mo

Both of these are good news to me, but now I’m wondering what the leather farming spot is. Kill a champion dolyak?

Diablo GW2 cow level confirmed.

or maybe farm a legendary goat

(edited by Justine.6351)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I can understand why the balances are coming between LS updates though, given it gives time to analyse things post-pvp season and also doesn;t distract from actual content. They clearly have access to better metrics then we do for timing balance updates.

On topic (and assuming any further comms will be added), when will we be gettiong a blog post about the next episode? I miss all the preview stuff we used to get.

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

I think the better choice would have been to leave it intact but complicate it and decrease how many times a day the event occurs. By inserting a 1 or 2 hour lull between the end of one meta and the start of the next they could have decreased how many times a day the event occurs and give players a chance to do other things on the map without tripping over meta challenges. To complicating it they could have raised the maze in the maze room and maybe put pocket raptors or some other creatures in the chest areas with a fairly quick respawn rate to slow people down when opening chests because beating the timer is part of the fun of the event.

I also think they should change it so that the various chest sizes require 1, 2 or 3 keys to open. This would created a challenge to keep enough keys and aurillium to open chests on ML and force players to participate in other events around the map to get them.

All of this would hurt people who are going through the maps with a more normal intended play – That is, completing the meta, looting their one instance, maybe doing some non-meta events for aurillium.
Putting monsters in the treasure area is … A horrible idea. That would result in essentially what’s in Bitterfrost where people usually run/stealth away and leave whoever gets screwed (caught in a chill attack aimed at someone else) to deal with it. And possibly die if they get unlucky enough.
Both of these things severely alienate newer or solo players from the game. They get frustrated, they leave. That’s not good for Anet for keeping population.

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Good day, Mr. O’Brien.
I believe you have forgotten the notes about WvW overhaul.

X T D.6458

Disappointed there was no mention of adding items to our collections, Blade Shards, Mystic Forge Stones area specific currency etc.

Yes I also would like to know if this will be implemented.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

All the ABML nerf is going to do is cause the price of ecto to become unstable as the hoarders dump their excess and when the stocks go down ecto prices will end up as high as they were during the spring of 2016. The price of low end rares will go up also because of people salvaging for ecto. It’s going to be amusing when the people who complained about ABML start complaining about the price of ecto.

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

Previous

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

To answer a couple of the questions about the AB Multiloot changes, if you disconnect, you will be able to continue looting the rest of the chests even if you end up in a different map instance, but you are limited in the total number of chests you loot. The restrictions are account-wide.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Dont you think removing one of the 2 added leather sinks would be a better and more natural way to solve the problem that was only created by introducing 2 new sinks at the same time:
1) Leather needed for Damask Patches (needed for Insignias)
2) Increasing the amount of thick leather needed to refine it from 3 to 4

Undoing 1 of those 2 would be a much better solution as i see it tbh

I definitly have enough leather
I get a good amount of leather through normal gameplay….
I dont to get want more leather and
I dont want the leather i have to get devalued by having a new farmspot….

Just undo the mistake you did (Yes it was necessary to increase leather sink but you unintentionally turned the problem around and created the opposite problem)
and change back one of the 2 leather sinks you introduced back then
Would be the more logical and better solution in my opinion
That would fix the source of the problem

Could you please explain with more detail what makes you think introducing a new leather farm spot is the better solution? (Honest question)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

All the ABML nerf is going to do is cause the price of ecto to become unstable as the hoarders dump their excess and when the stocks go down ecto prices will end up as high as they were during the spring of 2016. The price of low end rares will go up also because of people salvaging for ecto. It’s going to be amusing when the people who complained about ABML start complaining about the price of ecto.

That might turn out to be the case. Or there may be enough ectos from other sources. I don’t know what percentage of ectos on the TP came from ML but it may not be quite as large as you think.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Could you please explain with more detail what makes you think introducing a new leather farm spot is the better solution? (Honest question)

I don’t think if asking if it’s ‘better’ is as relevant as asking what the primary motivation was to introduce a leather farming instance/zone as opposed to other solutions. We can’t assume it was implemented because it was the best solution.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m pretty sure I can answer that one for you.

The new leather farming spot will be in the new LS3 zone. Which you can only access if you have purchased HoT.

If you don’t have HoT, then you don’t get the improved access to leather. It’s not technically Pay To Win. Really…

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Hi all,

We’re wrapping up work on Episode 4 of Living World Season 3 and expect to launch it in February, hitting our normal cadence of a new episode every 2~3 months. I want to give a quick heads-up here on a few topics that I know the community is anticipating, things that will and won’t be bundled with this episode.

This release won’t include legendary armor. We’re getting close to completion, though, and may be able to ship legendary armor with the Ep5 release.

Mo

thanks for the updates MO . but i got a question only you can answer sir . that is maybe

in the next off-cycle update with the skill balance update is there or would there

be a possable chance of giving us all DX11 as other much more older games do use

DX11 now and no longer use DX9 any more as it is very outdated !!. and if that is not

possable sir . then maybe at least give us all the change to change the UI order to

something like that of the first Guild Wars ?? where we can put stuff to the top

bottom or side giving us all a more bit better screen view . if none of this is possable

thanks then for the updates

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Most likely because they created a problem that now requires a solution that they can base on RNG.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

OriOri.8724

Dont you think removing one of the 2 added leather sinks would be a better and more natural way to solve the problem that was only created by introducing 2 new sinks at the same time:
1) Leather needed for Damask Patches (needed for Insignias)
2) Increasing the amount of thick leather needed to refine it from 3 to 4

Undoing 1 of those 2 would be a much better solution as i see it tbh

I definitly have enough leather
I get a good amount of leather through normal gameplay….
I dont to get want more leather and
I dont want the leather i have to get devalued by having a new farmspot….

Just undo the mistake you did (Yes it was necessary to increase leather sink but you unintentionally turned the problem around and created the opposite problem)
and change back one of the 2 leather sinks you introduced back then
Would be the more logical and better solution in my opinion
That would fix the source of the problem

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think Anet is trying to get people to sell off their hoards of leather. With a new farm introduced, the price of leather will drop dramatically. Cured hardened leather squares have already dropped in price by 30% due to this announcement, and it could drop even further depending on how accessible and difficult this farm is. This drop in price will provide incentive to many players to buy leather off the TP. I believe that people will be buying more leather than is being generated by the farm, which will effectively drain the leather hoards that players have. If Anet did nothing but decrease the amount of leather needed in recipes, it might not have the same effect on hoarded leather.

Posted by: Dano.5623

Dano.5623

Does that mean that a new Raid wing won’t be coming before Ep5?

Pretty sure it is safe to say there will not.

I’m aware of that, but would be nice to hear some official news from a Dev… It’s been so long since the last release.

So you are expecting them to tease all the items that ARE NOT going to be updated as well as those that are? Seems impractical to me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or, the Devs might have thought, “Instead of just adjusting recipes, let’s give the players new content as a way to address the issue. Kill two birds with one stone.”

One never knows…they might have been trying to please us! =)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Or, the Devs might have thought, “Instead of just adjusting recipes, let’s give the players new content as a way to address the issue. Kill two birds with one stone.”

One never knows…they might have been trying to please us! =)

Try to please us? How DARE they!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Arcane.1526

Arcane.1526

Can we get some information on when the next raid will drop? You have spoken about episode 4, you have said legendary armour may release around the time ep5 launches, but that still leaves the raid community wondering is legendary armour holding the next raid back as long as that, or will it drop sooner?

I think I can speak for the majority of the raid community when I say we wouldn’t want the legendary armour to hold back the release of the next raid when it’s ready, it’s been nearly 8 months since wing 3 released.

Just some indication would be nice because since the AMA you have been very quiet regarding raids.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

To answer a couple of the questions about the AB Multiloot changes, if you disconnect, you will be able to continue looting the rest of the chests even if you end up in a different map instance, but you are limited in the total number of chests you loot. The restrictions are account-wide.

So in other words.. just use 1 character, grab as many chests as you can, and go about your business. So switching to an alt character to grab loot again, the chests will already be looted, since it’s account based. So I would assume the restrictions are lifted as soon as the looting event ends because then the area is locked out for next time.

I really hope the map doesn’t die out because of this. I can already picture the event being less occupied once the patch releases. Maybe a few runs to test it out to see how it is after the change, but probably not much after that.

Maybe add a few grand chests around the map for doing the events. Like say if you get done with the whole chain of events leading up to Octovine fight, like you would get 1 or 2 grand chests as a reward or something.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

oh man i havnt been doing nothing in guild wars for weeks now !(
this made me so exited for the new content thank you for letting us know !

now i cant wait for the trailer !

oh boy i feel as if it is xmas again !

OriOri.8724

So in other words.. just use 1 character, grab as many chests as you can, and go about your business. So switching to an alt character to grab loot again, the chests will already be looted, since it’s account based. So I would assume the restrictions are lifted as soon as the looting event ends because then the area is locked out for next time.

I really hope the map doesn’t die out because of this. I can already picture the event being less occupied once the patch releases. Maybe a few runs to test it out to see how it is after the change, but probably not much after that.

Maybe add a few grand chests around the map for doing the events. Like say if you get done with the whole chain of events leading up to Octovine fight, like you would get 1 or 2 grand chests as a reward or something.

The meta is already the most rewarding for how easy and quick it is to complete. Anet doesn’t have to make it even more rewarding.

Neural.1824

The majority will simply move to the next most profitable spot unless a new map is introduced. In which case the newest map will be busy for weeks, until people have the newest trinkets to show off, and will then go back to farming the next most profitable spot. This is what happens when you run your entire game on principle of scarcity.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

The majority will simply move to the next most profitable spot unless a new map is introduced. In which case the newest map will be busy for weeks, until people have the newest trinkets to show off, and will then go back to farming the next most profitable spot. This is what happens when you run your entire game on principle of scarcity.

The most profitable is obviously Silverwastes in this case, and that can be farmed 24/7 no down time. However I’m pretty interested in the leather farming stuff, but kinda bummed you need a group to do it. I’m more of a solo player and like to do things on my own most of the time.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Neural.1824

I’m more of a solo player and like to do things on my own most of the time.

:hands you asbestos suit: You’re going to need this.

Posted by: ubi.7289

ubi.7289

Good job anet, delay legendary armor some more I mean at this point its just hilarious how you guys are so off base with your expectations/promises. Who announces the release of an entire set of legendary weapons(20+), and only release like 3 on hot(then a year and a half later only 3 more) ,like why even say you’re going to ship an entire set of weapons when u can barely make one in a timely fashion. And why announce legendary armor in 2015 when 2 years later 2017, you’re telling us to wait another 3 months for a MAYBE which will prob be delayed to Ep6. The way you guys function just seems crazy to me.

Arenanet in a nutshell